Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
98,921 - 98,940 of 129,030 Comments Last updated 20 min ago
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>

So which came first, The Egg... The egg was a method a organism developed 100's of millions of years ago to deal with environmental conditions and one of those organisms, after 100's of millions of years, became a bird... Then after several 1000 years of Human Breeding some of those birds became Chickens as man acted as a natural selector....
Thank you for your logical presentation of things as you perceive them. I actually find that a bit easier to rationalize, being as I tend to believe we probably crawled out of Tethys and onto Pangea to start with.

Not to be confused of course, with things that transpired along the evolutionary pathways, a few mil years later!

Mess mess mess lol
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. You have the right to pray your eyes out in a public school. And there's nothing I can do about it (other than mock you).
But, the school itself cannot lead a prayer and ostensibly force students into praying. Big difference.
Excuse me, did you say something non-redundant? I missed it as I was engaging in a momentary meditative personal thought choice moment, also known as silence.
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's MY first amendment, too. Hey, I'll say any damned thing I want to say about you saying your primitive supersillyitious rituals, Jack.
Ferme tu pie hole during the moment of personal thought choice. THEN you may proceed with your (ack) green noisy toys and stuff.
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only plead NGRI.
Umm, so is that like bring your clorox wipes?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a Carson routine according to who? CARM? Your preacher? do you even remember how the Great Carnac routine went?
I thought you were going to work on being a better human - you know, stop lying and stuff. I know old habits are hard to break, but you could at least TRY...
Hey,We are talking comedy,I remember the Great Carnac...
Carm had nothing to do with it,,,,
I think you are confused.
If by Carm,you mean Carmine,then you are alluding to a totally different comedy series,,,,Laverne And Shirley..
Let us not get confused any more than you are....

You begining to sound like Arnold,,,,not Schwarzennegger,,,
Horschack.....

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, did you say something non-redundant? I missed it as I was engaging in a momentary meditative personal thought choice moment, also known as silence.
...but now the tap click tap of your keyboard has broken it with insipid chaos again.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey,We are talking comedy,I remember the Great Carnac...
Carm had nothing to do with it,,,,
I think you are confused.
If by Carm,you mean Carmine,then you are alluding to a totally different comedy series,,,,Laverne And Shirley..
Let us not get confused any more than you are....
You begining to sound like Arnold,,,,not Schwarzennegger,,,
Horschack.....
No, by CARM I was referring to another comedy of the absurd team, the Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry.
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
...but now the tap click tap of your keyboard has broken it with insipid chaos again.
Mmm mm mm mmess mess mess lol

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
There is much I may not understand,but,I am quite able to identify nonsense when I read it.
And how do you make that distinction? How can you read something, not comprehend it, and then make the judgment that it is "nonsense" vs not "nonsense"?

Wouldn't, by definition, everything that you not understand be "nonsense"?

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Ferme tu pie hole during the moment of personal thought choice. THEN you may proceed with your (ack) green noisy toys and stuff.
Make good use of those moments of introspection to make up your mind, woman. Either you want me to mow the lawn or you don't.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Mmm mm mm mmess mess mess lol
yikes

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your logical presentation of things as you perceive them. I actually find that a bit easier to rationalize, being as I tend to believe we probably crawled out of Tethys and onto Pangea to start with.
Not to be confused of course, with things that transpired along the evolutionary pathways, a few mil years later!
Mess mess mess lol
Read a bit more and get back to me after you find out that Pangaea was not the first dry lands and that other continental alinements predated the Pangaea period with their own evolutionary species....

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
And how do you make that distinction? How can you read something, not comprehend it, and then make the judgment that it is "nonsense" vs not "nonsense"?
Wouldn't, by definition, everything that you not understand be "nonsense"?
That is obviously true, but since what he faithfully believes to be comprehensible is emotional, fantastical, illogical and nonsensical, he understands himself to be well qualified to discern it as false.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, so is that like bring your clorox wipes?
Well, I suppose one might put it that way. It does make an interesting euphemism.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, by CARM I was referring to another comedy of the absurd team, the Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry.
Sorry about that.I did not know that you were mentored by both, The 3 Stooges and Meridor.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
yikes
Uh, huh. Reminds you of a 7th grade retort, doesn't it? The typical tea partier I've come across thinks atheists are all uncouth and despicable "libertards." Go figure.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry about that.I did not know that you were mentored by both, The 3 Stooges and Meridor.
Dr.s Howard, Fine and Howard had a better grasp of reality than I've seen from you.
Huh-WHAT

Coxs Creek, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

hi i just want to get the 100,000th post in this thread

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Huh-WHAT wrote:
hi i just want to get the 100,000th post in this thread
Probably the most honestly objective post that's been on here in 2 months.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
There's been PLENTY of archeological evidences that attest to varying aspects of the CULTURES of the times the Bible was written of and about. The BOOK itself is actually one, just the same as would be with something like Mark Twains Tom Sawyer books being written with some of the CULTURAL aspects apparent of the times it was penned in.
Even today-aspects of the same cultural beliefs, traditions and practices still exist, and just because people not might always agree on them, or practice them all the same themselves, does NOT mean that they do NOT exist. Do you need the book to smack you in the head or something to "GET IT"?
What part of that REALITY is so hard to grasp, the world is FULL of DIFFERENT cultures AND beliefs-even two thousand years ago, when Christianity was basically considered a subversive practice, a duck among geese, its existances of customs, often forced into secret places (of which there is MUCH much evidence-SEE:
Goreme Open Air Museum: cave churches with frescoes
Zelve Open Air Museum: an empty cave town with churches
Kaymakli Underground City: the largest underground city
Derinkuyu Underground City: the deepest underground city
Ihlara Valley: the deepest gorge of Anatolia
Uchisar: Roman rock-cut castle
Ortahisar: Roman rock-cut castle
Avanos: center of pottery since the Hittites
Pasabag: mushroom-shaped fairy chimneys, monks valley
Devrent: animal-shaped fairy chimneys, imagination valley
Hacibektas: center of Bektasi sect of Islam
Gulsehir: first settlements in Cappadocia
Forgotten Cave Churches: churches located in the valleys
Caravanserais: 13th century hotels on the silk road)
Why do people like you insist on denying the REALITIES of such? Just because you don't like it or agree with it???
SORRY. That is NOT reality. And that is NOT how AMERICA works either-like it or not!!!!
Yes the bible is much like the fiction books if Twain. They are both fiction. Yes, both have some real places in them, but the events are made up. There maybe a bit of truth in them, like the knowledge of cultures. But does that mean the culture was based upon good things or real gods?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

75 Users are viewing the Richmond Forum right now

Search the Richmond Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min ba dum bump 147,152
Missing teen girl in Berea (Jun '13) 31 min yeah horses right 7,158
madison co fair 42 min 2014 Analysis 5
Word Association (Jul '10) 45 min Jennifer Renee 18,593
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 47 min Jennifer Renee 16,630
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 49 min Jennifer Renee 28,173
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr freak 81,565
the Detroit dudes 1 hr Squidly 36
To All Of Those That Like To Critize Me 2 hr translation 80
•••
•••
•••
•••