Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,873)

Showing posts 97,441 - 97,460 of127,992
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
"curious",
I just wanted to add to your statement---there are over 360 prophecies in the Hebrew Scriptures(Old Testament) that point forward to Jesus and he fulfilled every one of them.
Thanks for the information,I knew there were at least 40.
Glad you corrected me
God bless you...
At least,some of us,instead of asking for a sign,have diligently sought God.
In the process,he has revealed to us,his Presence and therefore we believe that Jesus Christ is Lord
gary

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

I have not found God yet

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

gary wrote:
I have not found God yet
I hate to be cliche' but have you looked behind the sofa?
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

gary wrote:
I have not found God yet
He is not really lost! Tee Hee :)

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
We have dealt with that question and I have given you the answer
based on what is clearly stated in Scriptures.
No, moron. No. I've already told you that this isn't something that requires discussion, and you quoted it. The only valid answer is a number. Otherwise, shut up and don't even pretend like you're answering anything I've asked. You are not.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

There ate two ways to prove God exists:
1. The Bible
2. Creation Romans 1:20
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the information,I knew there were at least 40.
Glad you corrected me
God bless you...
At least,some of us,instead of asking for a sign,have diligently sought God.
In the process,he has revealed to us,his Presence and therefore we believe that Jesus Christ is Lord
I am sorry I didn't intend to correct you I only added to what you said.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry I didn't intend to correct you I only added to what you said.
Hey,you gave a more detailed answer that that which I gave AND I am glad you did,Therefore,there is no need for an apology,nor was I seeking one.
The fact is that,because of the information you provided me with,
I am now,better informed.
Again,I thank you

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Of course it is not a coincidence. Religion is a result of a pattern-seeking, self-aware animal trying to understand a big scary world in such a was as to keep the herd together and identify enemies.

There are going to be similarities in such schemes.
We aren't talking about the same similarities.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>What you describe as a miracle is called statistics. If 100 people have cancer and 50 of the pray for help while 50 do not then guess what will probably happen? They will die at a rate consistent with statistical data. You will not see a big spike in the survival rate of the people who pray. Yet if you asked any single person who DID pray and who DID survive longer they will probably say that God answered their prayers.

Yet that is like being the one guy who smokes 50 years and does not get cancer waling around saying "Smoking doesn't cause cancer. Look at me!"

It is a misunderstanding of statistics and reality.
Sorry but I disagree

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

ScienceProves wrote:
<quoted text>I've heard it said in general, by more than a few before.

I kind of find a lot of error with the statement too though. No one should seriously think they should have that much "control" over another human individual.

A thought at having any parental figure like that, would be cause to recoil!!

(but the Mr Cosby character no doubt, said it tongue and cheek, with best intentions for whom ever it was directed at no doubt, rather than some sort of personal fulfillment of ego)
Right. Which is why it was funny.
Just as his bottom lip wasn't really on the floor (if you remember that reference from his stand up).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea what I have tried or not, so quit jumping to conclusions. Sounds like you just are parroting propaganda.
I am asking questions here and you have poor answers. So many are like, well god has his own logic or justice. Sorry, but if you think I must try to forgo the logic in my mind, you are making no sense.
Your god refuses to present himself. It is not logical I should believe in a being that has zero evidence of existence. I have looked for evidence, but none ever comes, yet you claim I do not look for god. Well I say he is not showing himself for me to see.
So you say Muslim doctrine is why you do not believe in Mohammed? Well same goes for me and the bible. It is an unbelievable story with no evidence and concepts that are not moral or logical to me. Same goes for the book of Mormon.
It is not justice to punish someone for not believing in something that has zero evidence. Why would I believe in an unjust god?
God tells us how to find Him. He does not tell us to dig up fossils to find Him. He does not tell us to analyze patterns to find Him. He does not tell us to search for Him in the clouds. He tells us to pray to Him and listen for the still small voice. This must be done with humility and a full intent to act on the answer that you receive.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you are telling me the answered prayers are not of gods doings? If it is of gods doings, then you contradicted yourself. If it is not of gods doings, then is it of the devil? Who are you requesting help from?
No one needs someone to die of cancer to be stronger. Sorry, but your excuses are just not cutting it.
No I didn't say answered prayers are not God's going. What? How did you get that?

And no, maybe someone else learned or grew stronger from someone passing. The person that passed is in a better place anyway if they were a believer. And it could be argued that the non-believer is in a better place too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You claim to get answers from some holy ghost, yet seem to be short on answers quite a lot.
I think bad things happen to good people because no god is out their who cares or can do a thing about it. You see, that is a square, logical answer. You fail to have them, so why should I believe some magical ghost is helping you answer questions? Maybe you fail to ask the hard questions?
Maybe I'm not at a point in my life where I am ready to receive that answer. I have prayed about this type thing before and felt the peace that the HG brings. He is also called the Comforter. I felt peace knowing the person was in a better place.
However, Jesus told us we can know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, so I continue to better myself and prepare myself so I may learn more. So far, this has proved successful. So if I learn God's purposes in this case, I will share with anyone that will listen or is prepared to listen.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I have been listing my reasons, but for some reason you cannot understand them. Are you blind to my list?

So now you have a new reason for suffering? So now it is Satan's fault? Guess you believe we are being punished for the crime of Adam and Eve?
Why did your friends kid not suffer the loss of an ear then? Your story has contradictions. Either god can help us not suffer, or he cannot. Either he is unfairly helping some and ignoring others, or he is not.

I agreed to nothing with a god.
Your reasons are that you want proof. I have told you that you won't get it. And I have told you how you can learn for yourself. We can banter forever, but you won't learn anything from me. You have to reach out to God yourself and receive your own answer.

And if I'm right, you did agree to come here. You accepted God's plan.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Joke or not, it is an immoral concept you seemed to agree with.
I think it is due to you forgoing logic and allowing a book to dictate your thoughts.
Wow dude. Lighten up. Do you take Achmed serious when he says "I keeeel you"?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, moron. No. I've already told you that this isn't something that requires discussion, and you quoted it. The only valid answer is a number. Otherwise, shut up and don't even pretend like you're answering anything I've asked. You are not.
The fact is ,you refused to answer my question

"You need ask yourselves,When have you ever made an honest effort to seek God?

You could not answer it,because you have never tried.
Therefor ;You have concluded that;

"The only valid answer is a number."

But,what you failed to do,is, explain the foundation on which you base your conclusion.
If that foundation is not logical,then the basis for your conclusion is deemed invalid.

If your conclusioln is based on the premise,that that is the only answer acceptable to you,then logic dictates thast you are illogical and so is your conclusions.

Which may lead to your misinterpretation of MORON.
,as that could be what you see,when you look in the mirror

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>How many times does this have to be explained to you and how many different ways? It's like a two year old that keeps swearing there's a monster under the bed.

Doctors will diagnose on the safe side with cancer, meaning if there's even a chance it's cancer they call it that until they know for 100% certainty, they continue to treat it as cancer. There are more people in cancer treatment without cancer than with, as a result, which is not a bad thing because most treatments won't harm a healthy person. Many times the cancer turns out to be a passing infection, depending on the location that could be another problem but not usually, or a collection of fat cells.

Sheesh, you are not even close to skeptical of anything.
No no. This massive lump was not a misdiagnosis. It was physically there and visible when the decision was made for removal. There was no question this was cancer.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Lets be truthful, you're an idiot and it's obvious.
Your holyhatebible should be no where near public schools........respect a religie.......not gonna happen........ Remember......
Thanks again
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to be cliche' but have you looked behind the sofa?
It just might be that,you and Gary are one and the same,since Gary seems to have appeared out of nowhere and you wasted no time in responding with your cliche,,,,,Set up,,,but I could be wrong.
I f Gary responds,he will be tested.
Anyhow,to get to the point..
If one happens to look behing your sofa,one will most likely not
find God,

What they may very well find,is the stack of gibberish you have stored there,and which you use as reference material for when you post in Topix....I am sure your closets and bathtub are filled with the same.
i do believe you are the main attraction of the program HOARDERS

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 97,441 - 97,460 of127,992
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the Richmond Forum right now

Search the Richmond Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Nikki's Tavern aka 3rd St Tavern 14 min Scorned Sally 7
jamie I love you (Apr '12) 48 min Scorned Sally 15
The Famous Name Game (Nov '12) 1 hr whatimeisit 1,797
Word Association (Jul '10) 1 hr whatimeisit 18,420
tasha jones 2 hr nevermind 1
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 2 hr whatimeisit 16,478
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr just 144,926
•••
•••