Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,606

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
TruthIS

Hazard, KY

#100376 Apr 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Like many others, you seem to gauge people's "decency, compassion, ethics" based on how closely their practiced faith mirrors your own. And if someone professes no faith in a deity they are filled with inhumane-ness, abhorrence and depravity?
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/campbellsvill...
How insightful, special and droll of you.
I wouldn't have any idea on how "closely" anyone's faith mirrors my own,
I figure that kind of thing is none of my business. I am not "them" and they are not "me".

So none of your judgement of me, even makes any sense to me.

Why are you trying to twist my words, when I already simply and plainly stated my belief, which included beliefs and lack thereof.

Again-

I refuse to believe in any "diety or attached beliefs or NON beliefs", be it a vapor of gases, the smallest scientific particle known, a worm, a group, a building, or anything, tangible or intangible, that REFUSES to acknowledge the RIGHTS of ALL people to live and let live PEACEFULLY, and to believe in what they so choose to, so long is it is NOT offending, insulting, critisizing, harming or hurting others in any way shape, fashion or form.

Because such belief (or LACK of belief) that Refuses to acknowledge the RIGHTS of these basic humane components, is NOT worthy, and knows NOT the ways of TRUE PEACE.

That is MY opinion.
TruthIS

Hazard, KY

#100377 Apr 20, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
You can have all the faith you want, that still does not give you rights over others. Your "faith" does not give you the right to violate the rights of other people
No, it does not. And neither does any lack of.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#100378 Apr 20, 2013
Believer wrote:
I'm really sick of others Rights taking away from god fearing Americans. We can not live as our parents did because of others rights. We can't hang our gods pics, can't spank our children. Most are so busy we can't even be friends or neighbors. It's a sad world.
You really have no idea how your parents lived, that's very clear.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#100379 Apr 21, 2013
Matthew 24:4
King James Version (KJV)

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that "no man" deceive you.
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#100380 Apr 21, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You are YAA so you just got caught in a lie. Everything you post is a lie
I am not the "curious" poster...
That is another "GOOD" person!
Oh yes... This is another handle I forgot about...
Seems to fit here!

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#100381 Apr 21, 2013
Believer wrote:
I'm really sick of others Rights taking away from god fearing Americans. We can not live as our parents did because of others rights. We can't hang our gods pics, can't spank our children. Most are so busy we can't even be friends or neighbors. It's a sad world.
Yeah. Remember that time we were at the park and you snapped those adorable pics of Billy, Timmy, Suzy, and Jesus Christ playing together? Then Timmy hit Billy and we all got rods and hit him until our parental angers were abated?

Oh wait...that never happened.
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#100382 Apr 21, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Yes YAA, it is exactly what the christian cult teaches.
The morals of the christian cult are "I have mine now I will kill you and take your so that I will have more"
So when you where high on meth you shot a jacket and than convinced yourself that you where wearing it and god saved you. The power of drugs
Lying again?...
You just can't help yerself!
It's in yer DNA!

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#100383 Apr 21, 2013
Leaving the Light On wrote:
Matthew 24:4
King James Version (KJV)
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that "no man" deceive you.
Jesus was a man. Is he exempt from the list of men who might deceive?

Because there are cases in the Bible where God either encourages deceit or ignores it. And Jesus and God are pretty tight.

What if God is lying to you in various Bible verses for reasons you mortal mind cannot understand, much in the same way he lets kids be raped and murdered for reasons you cannot understand?

Just something to think about.
Ye of lil Understanding

Richmond, KY

#100384 Apr 21, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
No duh, Brainiac. What I was getting at is 1) you've been on here long enough to know LiaS, SP, SS, Q, WitW, Yiago, KK, CM... are not the same person and 2) you smooch up to every inane myopic cretin that quotes a Bible passage and Pray-yses Jays-sus.
Hahaha!
Maybe...
I know the one's that call on the Name of Jesus, and are Born again...
I WILL see them in the future... others I will not!
Hope to see you on the Good side of eternity!
Ye of lil Understanding

Richmond, KY

#100385 Apr 21, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Unrighteousness?
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
1. Not righteous; wicked.

2. Not right or fair; unjust
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#100386 Apr 21, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Very Good, Therefore,Isaiah 53.1 to 12 serves to validate Jesus statement to the Pharisees as stated in John 5:39
"Ye Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."
I like the rest of it too!
John
5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if
another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
5:44 How can ye believe, who receive honor one from another, and
seek not the honor that [cometh] from God only?
5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is
[one] that accuseth you,[even] Moses, in whom ye trust.
5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for
he wrote concerning me.
5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my
words?
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#100387 Apr 21, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Just for the record; Hope you are not confusing me with the other curios who posted the post you are responding to.
God Bless you....
No... I hope not... LOL
God Bless you too :-)
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#100388 Apr 21, 2013
dont fall for it wrote:
I would like to thank all of the jesus freaks who post here for reminding me why I do not like jesus freaks
I used to hate Jesus freaks....
I thank God I am one now!
You would too... If...
Hoping you get called one soon!
Amen!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#100389 Apr 21, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I,would like to take this opportunity to thank all the unbelievers,who in their attempts to discredit our faith and belief in God, has only served to further strengthen our faith and belief in God by confirming the teachings of Jesus and those contained in the Scriptures
. Those on this website,who do not believe in God,are totally unable to understand the basis for our Sacred beliefs.and in their inability to do so,consider our beliefs to be foolishness.
This should not surprise us,the Apostle Paul spoke plainly on this subject 1 corinthians1;18 to 25
We,who believe in Jesus,do so ,by believing his teachings,and this is part of what he taught
10 And the disciples came and said to Him,“Why do You speak to them in parables?” 11 He answered and said to them,“Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12 For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 13 Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14 And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:
‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive;
15 For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should heal them
Therefore the Parable,taught by Jesus
""Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and attack you"
is found to be truthful and accurate.
According to Jesus's teachings,in order to interpret his parables,you have to believe in him.
The Atheists claim they understand Jesus's parable,but do not believe in him.
Their false claim,that they understand the parable,is confirmed to be a false claim,since they have been unable to provide the answer as to it's meaning...They can not explain what Jesus meant when he said
"""Do not give what is holy to dogs" nor can they explain,what he meant when he says"and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and attack you"
Thereby fullfilling Isaiah's prophecy"‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive;"
Too lazy to write new material?
Nobody is going to join your new cult or even subscribe to the bi-curious newsletter.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#100390 Apr 21, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, saudis are a stock holders. Last I saw it was 7%. What does that mean "crock"? You have no proof about Obama, you judge him as not being christian, yet lovely embrace Known Fact by your post and say JW,s are not christians.
So why should anyone listen to your crock?
I think your statement was "Saudis own FOX News."!
As 7% is not "Owning" anything... Might be the "Good Saudis" not
the bad ones... LOL
Osama... first two years...
Never saluted the troops...
Never placed his hand on his heart for the pledge!
Pictures prove that!
His handlers told him that we've noticed it, and NOW he does it!
He does not call Terrorism what it is!

Christian; Fallows Christ's teachings!
Saved by Grace, Through Faith in Jesus Christ...
The ONLY begotten of the Father!
Jesus did it ALL on the Cross!
We do NOT have to do the rest, because He did His best...
Jesus is NOT a Liar!
He said His Church would stand against the gates of Hell...
Yet Joseph Smith says it didn't....
We do not re-crucify Christ every mass, nor do we call any man "Father"...
Are there some in those that are saved? Only God knows!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#100391 Apr 21, 2013
TruthIS wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't have any idea on how "closely" anyone's faith mirrors my own,
I figure that kind of thing is none of my business. I am not "them" and they are not "me".
So none of your judgement of me, even makes any sense to me.
Why are you trying to twist my words, when I already simply and plainly stated my belief, which included beliefs and lack thereof.
Again-
I refuse to believe in any "diety or attached beliefs or NON beliefs", be it a vapor of gases, the smallest scientific particle known, a worm, a group, a building, or anything, tangible or intangible, that REFUSES to acknowledge the RIGHTS of ALL people to live and let live PEACEFULLY, and to believe in what they so choose to, so long is it is NOT offending, insulting, critisizing, harming or hurting others in any way shape, fashion or form.
Because such belief (or LACK of belief) that Refuses to acknowledge the RIGHTS of these basic humane components, is NOT worthy, and knows NOT the ways of TRUE PEACE.
That is MY opinion.
"...so long is it is NOT offending, insulting, critisizing, harming or hurting others in any way shape, fashion or form."

An immense Caveat. My Personal Code of Conduct could be entirely acceptable to you, but representative members of Christian congregations, to the YaAs, Known Facts and curious', my Beliefs are abominable until the day that I profess to be "born again" in their religion. THAT, I find to be offending, insulting, criticizing and harmful.

Location hidden

#100392 Apr 21, 2013
Proteus wrote:
If the school receives Federal Funding it would be Illegal for them to teach the Bible. Goes against freedom of religion. Unless they create and facilitate classes on all religions. So, it's all or none. Your choice.
But it's not even limited to federal funding. The 14th amendment extends (the establishment clause of the 1st amendment) to the state level as well.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#100393 Apr 21, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like you're using topix forum to sympathize bombing abortion clinics. Careful, you could be put on a FBI watch list. Say it is not so ,repent!!!
Oh no....
Those clinics would be serving best as "Healing centers" for needy people!
Once our Government defunds Abortion/Murder clinics...
They can spend that $500,000,000 on peoples health!

Location hidden

#100394 Apr 21, 2013
gary wrote:
Im just glad they didn't when I was in school. That would suck.If you could choose to be in a class like that but didn't have to. It would be ok.
No, it wouldn't be ok. Not even as an elective.

Location hidden

#100395 Apr 21, 2013
Believer wrote:
Fine...move. Tell you what, buy a pizza and I'll help you load the truck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Stamper 13 min seriously 13
Missing teen girl in Berea (Jun '13) 52 min juliet 7,598
Do you think black people would lie for each other 3 hr Amused 5
Black people 3 hr Amused 10
Word Association (Jul '10) 7 hr Jennifer Renee 19,698
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 7 hr Jennifer Renee 17,833
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 7 hr Jennifer Renee 29,561
Duane Curry Arrested??? 9 hr Paula 7
How Am I Supposed to Climb The Ladder of Succes... 10 hr yup 1,033
Richmond Dating