Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 147237 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

TruthIS

East Bernstadt, KY

#99474 Apr 13, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
What is "the atheist belief?" Would you care to elaborate on your knowledge of "the satanist belief?"
Wouldn't know, and could care less. I'm not an atheist OR a satanist, nor does either one interest me. Both would be "electives" that I would NIX, right of the bat, finding neither one as of yet, to project anything as having anything with any substantial merit to offer.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#99475 Apr 13, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you miss a post? What happened after the skeptical phone call?
That,my friend ,is a great question.I posted my response in 4 posts. Only 3 of the4 appear.Someone deleted it.
My evidence for making that caim is as follows.

If you go back to what I posted,begining with Post Number 99408,next is post number 99409,then ,the next post would be numbered 99410,but that number does not appear,instead,the next post number is 99411. What happened to post 99410? obviously it was deleted.
Strangely enough,the post that is missing is the one that contains the events that I titled
;THIS IS WHERE IT Begins to get logically unexplainable.

My conclusion is that,unable to respond to those events in a logical manner,in order to avoid addressing them,they deleted them.

I will repost the the section that was deleted,as for some reason,I had made a ccopy of what I had posted.

I think we need be careful,seems that we are dealing with deceitful,scheming and conniving liars.AND THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE.

Thank you very much for bringing this issue to my attention.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#99477 Apr 13, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That,my friend ,is a great question.I posted my response in 4 posts. Only 3 of the4 appear.Someone deleted it.
If you go back to what I posted,begining with Post Number 99408,next is post number 99409,then ,the next post would be numbered 99410,but that number does not appear,instead,the next post number is 99411. What happened to post 99410? obviously it was deleted.
Strangely enough,the post that is missing is the one that contains the events that I titled
My conclusion is that,unable to respond to those events in a logical manner,in order to avoid addressing them,they deleted them.
I will repost the the section that was deleted,as for some reason,I had made a ccopy of what I had posted.
I think we need be careful,seems that we are dealing with deceitful,scheming and conniving liars.AND THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE.
LOL!
Even your brothers in faith are starting to smell your BS.

And, instead of just answering his question, you choose to insult his intelligence with even more BS.

Shame on you...surely your god must be disappointed in your deceitfulness.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#99478 Apr 13, 2013
TruthIS wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't know, and could care less. I'm not an atheist OR a satanist, nor does either one interest me. Both would be "electives" that I would NIX, right of the bat, finding neither one as of yet, to project anything as having anything with any substantial merit to offer.
Uh-huh. False precepts, false accusing and contempt prior to investigation. The word "versus" skipped your notice.
So your stating, "It's the Ignorant ones, that try to lump and label everyone into one little ignorant square box, and call them all the same, that I have issue with" was just a transparent attempt to deceptively SOUND thoughtful, reasonable, rational and tolerant.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#99480 Apr 13, 2013
ever consider wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a believer in God. WHY? answer , "Because I am smart enough to know that I am not wise enough to figure out the universe". Beautiful ,isn't it ?So I do not even think about how everything was made. Remember Einstein ,he became so involved in scientific research ,he forgot how to tie his shoes. We need science to study ways to improve our health,do research to invent new more modern inventions and etc. But man can not figure out the mystery of how or why we are all here. So friend ,I hope you find peace and enjoy this life ,not worrying over trivial things which matter less. PS - In my family we have doctors,nurses,psychologist,an d a radiologist. So yes we know something about science.
Yet you likely claim god created us. You claim to not be smart enough to know, yet you likely make this claim. I say "likely" because I do not know your stance, but most Christians do claim to "know" in a matter of fact way.
I am not obsessed with needing to know how and why we are here, although the study is interesting.But it seems typical that you the Christian is not concerned with the search because you likely feel you already know the answers(god did it).

I think when someone contradicts themselves, it is a sign they are likely wrong. You made a whopping contradiction.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#99481 Apr 13, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
And, instead of just answering his question, you choose to insult his intelligence with even more BS.
How does one make the mental leap from
"THIS IS WHERE IT Begins to get logically unexplainable."
To
THIS IS WHERE IT Concludes to be illogically acceptable?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#99482 Apr 13, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
How does one make the mental leap from
"THIS IS WHERE IT Begins to get logically unexplainable."
To
THIS IS WHERE IT Concludes to be illogically acceptable?
"You cannot have a Rational, Logical discussion with an Irrational, Illogical person" - Q

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#99483 Apr 13, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of what He taught was very simple. Some had complex implications, but He told us that we could know all the mysteries of the Kingdom. But we are supposed to learn the basics first which some never do. Milk before meat. Like you pointed out, the simple lesson of not judging others slips right past thousands of followers.
And no, I don't think He could have completed that task of writing all scripture down in that short amount of time and still accomplish the task of fulfilling all the prophecies spoken of Him and perform the miracles that He did. Given the choice, I'm sure He would choose again to spend more time leading and teaching by example.
I never noticed an answer to my question to you about fossils. Is there evidence of creatures turning from oviparous to viviparous beings? I am interested in this transition, as there would have to be over a million years worth of these half breed creatures for this type of evolution to take place, right?
A poor writer often makes the mistake of not putting the proper emphasis on what is important. So when the supposed god-man leaves the writing to common men, his wishes will likely not be communicated very well. Clearly so many Christians are not getting the memo that it is clear poor communication has occurred.
I am not talking about Jesus telling us all the mysteries of the world, I am talking about just some basics. Hell, he failed to even mention homosexuality. Or maybe his scribes just failed to jot it down? I think such a topic is a basic one.
We see so many Christians judging homosexuals to the point that laws are passed to keep them from having equal privileges.
I see this as a massive failure of communication. One that is a serious problem in our society today, thus a perfect example to illustrate my point.

Location hidden

#99484 Apr 13, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>prayer cured an illness? prove just one time that it did. the only illness that prayer cures is the same illnesses that will naturally go in to remission or the immune system fight off. prayer wont cure any real illness that medical science has no cure for, for example, an amputee. not one time in history has any god ever been nice enuf to replace a single finger tip that has been cut off much less attempt to replace an arm or a leg so i guess gods miracles only consist of the knowledge of man in the medical field. u talkin about a slap in the face to a doctor...rush in to the hospital, perform a life saving surgery, walk out to talk to the family, tell them what happened and then just as u get done tellin them they turn and thank a god that had absolutely nothing to do with it at all and just disrespect the man/woman that just saved the life of their loved one by sayin they didnt do anything becuz it was a miracle from god. i would love to see a religious group rush in to a hospital to get a preacher life saving surgery and the doctor say, why dont u just pray and see if god gives u one of those miracles that i know i can can u...lol then we will put the whole god answers prayers and performs miracles to rest.
You are incorrect. Just because you haven't seen it does not mean it cannot happen. I went into great detail on here one time about a friend of mine whose son almost completely cut his ear off. Due to prayer and the power of the priesthood his ear was restored like new.
That's just one experience I have witnessed or have been a part of.

Location hidden

#99485 Apr 13, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>I personally list the Trinity as one of Christiany's most problematic ideas. In essence it is irrational and doesn't make any sense. Jesus is said to be "fully God, fully man". But these are mutually exclusive ideas, if we can accept any of our ideas about God as being accurate.

So Christianity, in the Trinity, has a fundamental logical error. But this, I'm told, is a "mystery" of God's plan.

And then you gotta work a Holy Spirit in there too...

Now, from my perspective, this creates yet another problem for Christians who want to argue that their God is real. If God can defy basic logic (exactly like denying a mathematical truth), then what else can God intentionally get wrong? What elements of the theology do Christians accept that are actually just intentionally incorrect?

This goes back to that idea I mentioned from The Problem of Evil. If God's moral thinking is beyond human understanding, then why on earth would any human assume that ANYTHING they know about God is accurate? Even basic, personal relationship type stuff? That feeling in your chest that tells you that God is present...how can you say with any real certainty that this is a genuine experience involving God? If there is room for God to act in a way that we cannot understand, even to the point of violating our most basic moral instincts, then what metric can you possibly use to gauge that any of your faith-based ideas are true?

Fascinating stuff.
I don't claim to understand how God thinks or operates but I do believe the idea of the Trinity was invented way after the death of the original apostles. It is clear to me that Jesus knew He was subject to the Father. There are too many instances where Jesus prayed to His Father. Then there's the baptism of Jesus where all three members of the Godhead were manifest at once. The Trinity doesn't make sense because it isn't true.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#99486 Apr 13, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of what He taught was very simple. Some had complex implications, but He told us that we could know all the mysteries of the Kingdom. But we are supposed to learn the basics first which some never do. Milk before meat. Like you pointed out, the simple lesson of not judging others slips right past thousands of followers.
And no, I don't think He could have completed that task of writing all scripture down in that short amount of time and still accomplish the task of fulfilling all the prophecies spoken of Him and perform the miracles that He did. Given the choice, I'm sure He would choose again to spend more time leading and teaching by example.
I never noticed an answer to my question to you about fossils. Is there evidence of creatures turning from oviparous to viviparous beings? I am interested in this transition, as there would have to be over a million years worth of these half breed creatures for this type of evolution to take place, right?
BTW, the biblical scholars I read do not think anyone was writing down what Jesus said as he said it. They mostly agree the writings were based upon oral stories.

In response to your second question, I think fossil evidence would be very hard to find on this one, as the reproductive system cannot fossilize.
Even mammals have eggs, they just allow the embryo to develop inside the body instead of outside, were it is more safe. Safety means higher chances for survival. The key ingredient to evolution.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#99487 Apr 13, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL!
The fool has said in his Heart"there is no God"

And eveything you post serves to affirm the veracity of that statement.

The facts are that;
Atheists are arrogant,illogical , misinformed and feel qualified to speak on subjects of Christian faith which,they do not understand,have never experienced and have absolutely no credible knowledge on the subject.

That is the criteria that you use,in order to inform those of us who believe,why we are wrong in our beliefs.

Your deceitful,misleading and misinformed opinions do not posses the power to overcome the truth,,thereby your chagrin and dismay.
Your foolishness is further confirmed by your not attempting to extricate yourself from the foolish state state of mind you find yourself in.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#99488 Apr 13, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You are incorrect. Just because you haven't seen it does not mean it cannot happen. I went into great detail on here one time about a friend of mine whose son almost completely cut his ear off. Due to prayer and the power of the priesthood his ear was restored like new.
I once witnessed a man floating in mid air. David Copperfield. Do not always believe your eyes.
Ask Penn and Teller.

Location hidden

#99489 Apr 13, 2013
<quoted text>Careful, when I pointed out his rather mundane, and completely normal sequence of events as being non-miraculous...he basically said I was too stupid to understand it.
I'm just looking for the rest of the story. Did he get his dog back? How?
Looks like a post didn't make it or something. I'm on a cliffhanger. I won't sleep tonight.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#99490 Apr 13, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't claim to understand how God thinks or operates but I do believe the idea of the Trinity was invented way after the death of the original apostles. It is clear to me that Jesus knew He was subject to the Father. There are too many instances where Jesus prayed to His Father. Then there's the baptism of Jesus where all three members of the Godhead were manifest at once. The Trinity doesn't make sense because it isn't true.
Yet a billion of Christains disagree with this. Likely due to poor communication from the Jesus or his scribes.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#99491 Apr 13, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your friend have the help of doctors or did god make magic?
Ear repair is not really that unbelievable these days.
I note Christians often have a false perception of cause and effect.
Once people believed rain was some magical event brought each time by the gods. We now know better.

Location hidden

#99492 Apr 13, 2013
I used to be a devout and deeply religious man who never questioned God. One morning I awoke with a terrible hunger. I went to the kitchen to prepare myself a breakfast. As I sat at my kitchen table, thinking about how wonderful my god was, I began to eat my cereal.
And this is the part that FAITH CAN'T EXPLAIN:
The cereal was stale!!!
Now, I didn't completely lose my faith in god at that point. But, cracks had started to form in the foundation of my faith.
Lol

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#99493 Apr 13, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The fool has said in his Heart"there is no God"
And eveything you post serves to affirm the veracity of that statement.
The facts are that;
Atheists are arrogant,illogical , misinformed and feel qualified to speak on subjects of Christian faith which,they do not understand,have never experienced and have absolutely no credible knowledge on the subject.
That is the criteria that you use,in order to inform those of us who believe,why we are wrong in our beliefs.
Your deceitful,misleading and misinformed opinions do not posses the power to overcome the truth,,thereby your chagrin and dismay.
Your foolishness is further confirmed by your not attempting to extricate yourself from the foolish state state of mind you find yourself in.
Well the bible claims the unbeliever is a fool and does not good, but just how true is this claim?

Psalm 14

English Standard Version (ESV)

The Fool Says, There Is No God

To the choirmaster. Of David.

14 The fool says in his heart,“There is no God.”
They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds,
there is none who does good.

"None" is an absolute amount, so if a single atheist has ever done a good thing, the bible is proven false.

If this is proven false, then what other claims might the bible be wrong about?

Location hidden

#99494 Apr 13, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>That,my friend ,is a great question.I posted my response in 4 posts. Only 3 of the4 appear.Someone deleted it.

So what happened?

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99495 Apr 13, 2013
TruthIS wrote:
<quoted text>
and because if you really are part of some sort of satanic cult-
You are emitting a strong stench POT-KETTLE-BLACK, hypocricy.
You envision hollywood and the churches version of Satanism.
Several pages back I posted our beliefs.
Again, the christian cults scare tactics are no more real than their god. There is no devil
I do find it funny how the "devil" and the devil worshipers are exactly like the god of the old testament and the people who sacrificed animals to the god of the old testament

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
my thick tongue 29 min Auntey momma 2
Daivd Sizemore address plz 31 min Yes 3
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 45 min Jennifer Renee 36,045
Anybody Out There Want To Make Up Any More Bogu... 1 hr just_jack_no_jill 5
So, Hey Folks . . . 3 hr translation 107
who has the best dope in richmond? 4 hr Sweet lick 16
Sidelines restaurant 5 hr The Lawnmower Man 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages