Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
94,601 - 94,620 of 130,176 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing... Eggs were around when there was no land animals at all.. fish lay eggs... Amphibians lay eggs.. So unless you just set rational thought and logic aside Eggs came Millions of years if not Billions of years before dinosaurs, which laid eggs and one genetic line became chickens....
Prove it!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>

He has made it Clear he has No Preconceived Beliefs, he has stated ad nauseium he Never Believes.... He basis his views and positions on Evidence and Historical example.... Hence Faith, Belief are never a consideration in his positions....
So where is the evidence or historical precedence of marriage to animals?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolutionists believe that non intelligent matter(dirt)spontaneously trasformed itself into intelligent matter.You need to find out how that process works.
Seems you are still at the nonintelligent stage
dumber than dirt
I am pretty sure the bible claims god made man from dirt, so what is it that contradicts your own religion? Oh, that magic transformed it, not a billion years of natural forces.
GWB

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well they can wish in one hand..........
Only humans can be claimed as dependents. Now start treating homosexuals as humans or stop calling yourself Christian.
Farmers get plenty of tax breaks already.
I think Jesus wants to kill then torture homosexuals for all eternity, I will do my part to stop him.
GWB

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolutionists believe that non intelligent matter(dirt)spontaneously trasformed itself into intelligent matter.You need to find out how that process works.
Seems you are still at the nonintelligent stage
dumber than dirt and no medication to cure it
Do you believe evolutionists will be tortured by God forever?
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>And what does that have to do with you having facts to back up your faith?
How is your faith anything more than a illusion?
As far as evolution goes, it has been explained to you many times and is not my fault that you can not understand simple concepts
One more time;
I prayed to God,Iknow that is a Fact
My prayer request was very specific , that request,unbeknownst to me,was answered ,during the same time period ,during which I was making the request to God,between 8;30 AM amd 9;00AM.
With one exception,it was not answered in the MANNER that I had requested. Had it been answered that way,I would have had reason to entertain the idea that the response was a coincidence, but the way in it was answered,eliminated that possibility. I did not find out about the result to my request till 4;00P;M; that afternoon.
mMany times after that,I have called on the lord with subsequent petitions and they have also been answered.
I know,I lived it...You don't know,you didnot live it,Therefore you are TOTALLY DISQUASLIFIED FROM judging or opining on the veracdity of that which I have lived through and personally experienced.Period,Case closed..
That applies not only to you ,,but also,Chromium and thhe other nonbelievers on this thhread..And no ,I am not angry,I have a Good that I rely on and donot base my faith on misinformed opinions or emotional disturbances, I leave that to the Faithless
GWB

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So where is the evidence or historical precedence of marriage to animals?
Man Marries Dog

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it!
Says the fundamentalist. To quote Bart Simpson: "The ironing is delicious"
What

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

What,when where
What

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

What When Where
Candy

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Candy? What is candy? How many ways can we discuss such a touchy subject as C A N D Y ?
Should we repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat the same argument every day. Let see (1). I like candy (2). I hate candy. Well we could say ,"OK you like candy,but I do not like candy.So lets each individual decide for themselves". hummmmm
Candy

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Or we could get back to the original Topix subject. Bible study in school. I personally think ,it would lead to arguing,so it would be better to not teach the Bible. What do others think about teaching the bible at school? For it? Or against it?.If you can stick to the subject ,and quit putting down everyone else maybe this would lead to some sort of decesion. There are over 94,000 post.
TruthIs

Evarts, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
Which Came First - The Chicken or the Egg?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1a8pI65emDEXX&feature=pla yer_embedded
What if it was a viviparous chicken fish?
TruthIs

Evarts, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.mst.edu.au/course_outlines/Herod.j...
http://fontes.lstc.edu/~rklein/images/selfbar...
Next.....
But you of Course Miss the Point.... If in History we hear stories of a person and we look hard for any mention of them, any note of their existence During the Time Frame they are said to have lived we call it Myth... When we look for a couple of thousand year for evidence of someone and cannot find a mention from the time in question, cannot find a carving, pot, clay tablet, graffiti on a wall, mention is a letter home until 20 to 40 years After the time they are said to live we do not Just Believe the fellow was a tall white guy with a beard because someone 30 years later said so...
Where does anything say that?

----------
A Second World War hero who spent four years as a prisoner of war after being captured by the Germans finally received a letter from his stepmother - 70 years after it was posted.

The letter had been sent to the Field Post Office in Egypt in 1941, where Dave Hutton - now 94 - was held in a prisoner of war camp.

----------

The family of a Frenchman, sent to work at a German World War Two labour camp, have finally received his homesick letters, 70 years after he wrote them.

Marcel Heuzé fell foul of the Nazi regime, becoming one of hundreds of thousands of French men and women deported to Germany during World War Two as part of its Compulsory Work Service.

From 1942 to 1944, Heuzé worked at the Daimler-Benz factory producing tanks, aero-engines and armoured vehicles.
TruthIs

Evarts, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.mst.edu.au/course_outlines/Herod.j...
http://fontes.lstc.edu/~rklein/images/selfbar...
Next.....
But you of Course Miss the Point.... If in History we hear stories of a person and we look hard for any mention of them, any note of their existence During the Time Frame they are said to have lived we call it Myth... When we look for a couple of thousand year for evidence of someone and cannot find a mention from the time in question, cannot find a carving, pot, clay tablet, graffiti on a wall, mention is a letter home until 20 to 40 years After the time they are said to live we do not Just Believe the fellow was a tall white guy with a beard because someone 30 years later said so...
and this too-(requote --in case you wre reading too fast and missed THE point...)

He was the Christ, and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men among us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him; for he appeared to them alive again the third day; as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him. And the tribe of Christians so named from him are not extinct at this day." Antiquities, XVIII, 33
GWB

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Candy wrote:
Or we could get back to the original Topix subject. Bible study in school. I personally think ,it would lead to arguing,so it would be better to not teach the Bible. What do others think about teaching the bible at school? For it? Or against it?.If you can stick to the subject ,and quit putting down everyone else maybe this would lead to some sort of decesion. There are over 94,000 post.
If you're not part of the solution...then you are part of the problem.
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe evolutionists will be tortured by God forever?
No I don't and if you read Mark 10; 25,26,27 you will see why my answer is no.
TruthIs

Evarts, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you only know what you can see?
No, of course not, there's other senses too.
TruthIs

Evarts, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>What critter needs to read a book to survive and reproduce?
I really cannot see my response as an excuse.
I showed your claim as false, so no excuse needed. Evolution does not claim humans are better than other animals, religion does. So what is religions excuse for claiming man is superior to other animals? What is your criteria for superior, reading? If so, why did Jesus not write any words for us to read?
Ever see a critter read a book?

(huh...does that require religion or evolution...seeing a critter actually Read a book....huh...)

My requirement for superior reading is a book that really grabs my attention, is interesting, with little tidbits of factualities that I can learn something from.
Jesus had a bunch of other guys scribing about him.
Duh.
TruthIs

Evarts, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Is anyone worshiping Herod?
Now how the heck would I know that-it's a great big old world...and that type of stuff is usually personal.
Geez.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

63 Users are viewing the Richmond Forum right now

Search the Richmond Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min Demonicrats 149,697
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 25 min Real Horse Power 16,829
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 26 min Hello Ween 28,374
Debate: Ferguson - Richmond, KY 33 min Reasonably Speaking 55
Word Association (Jul '10) 41 min Jennifer Renee 18,763
Moving to Richmond, what's the 411? 1 hr Richmond 5
Hookers in Richmond 1 hr Reasonably Speaking 6
Missing teen girl in Berea (Jun '13) Tue BehindYou78 7,283
•••
•••
•••
•••

Richmond Jobs