Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 151750 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

TruthIs

Manchester, KY

#99044 Apr 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you only know what you can see?
No, of course not, there's other senses too.
TruthIs

Manchester, KY

#99045 Apr 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>What critter needs to read a book to survive and reproduce?
I really cannot see my response as an excuse.
I showed your claim as false, so no excuse needed. Evolution does not claim humans are better than other animals, religion does. So what is religions excuse for claiming man is superior to other animals? What is your criteria for superior, reading? If so, why did Jesus not write any words for us to read?
Ever see a critter read a book?

(huh...does that require religion or evolution...seeing a critter actually Read a book....huh...)

My requirement for superior reading is a book that really grabs my attention, is interesting, with little tidbits of factualities that I can learn something from.
Jesus had a bunch of other guys scribing about him.
Duh.
TruthIs

Manchester, KY

#99046 Apr 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Is anyone worshiping Herod?
Now how the heck would I know that-it's a great big old world...and that type of stuff is usually personal.
Geez.
Candy

Flemingsburg, KY

#99047 Apr 8, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're not part of the solution...then you are part of the problem.
That is so true,just because candy does not like this post does not mean that you should not keep on posting.Candy probably has a job and life outside of topix.
TruthIs

Manchester, KY

#99048 Apr 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Does anyone worship Ceasar? Well they once did, but of course he was no god either.
No he was a "Romaine" emperor--little on the leafy side, blends well with feta goat cheese lol.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#99049 Apr 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
One more time;
I prayed to God,Iknow that is a Fact
My prayer request was very specific , that request,unbeknownst to me,was answered ,during the same time period ,during which I was making the request to God,between 8;30 AM amd 9;00AM.
With one exception,it was not answered in the MANNER that I had requested. Had it been answered that way,I would have had reason to entertain the idea that the response was a coincidence, but the way in it was answered,eliminated that possibility. I did not find out about the result to my request till 4;00P;M; that afternoon.
mMany times after that,I have called on the lord with subsequent petitions and they have also been answered.
I know,I lived it...You don't know,you didnot live it,Therefore you are TOTALLY DISQUASLIFIED FROM judging or opining on the veracdity of that which I have lived through and personally experienced.Period,Case closed..
That applies not only to you ,,but also,Chromium and thhe other nonbelievers on this thhread..And no ,I am not angry,I have a Good that I rely on and donot base my faith on misinformed opinions or emotional disturbances, I leave that to the Faithless
Uhm, you prayed so that is your proof of god?
That is lame even for a lying christian

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#99050 Apr 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Glen Beck also claims not to be a republican. I do not believe him either.
Penn Jillette had to school Beck on how a libertarian keeps religion seperate from government.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =vZnE1XEv0xUXX
I stand by your Constitutional Right to Believe anything you wish, even if it's wrong... So how many Atheists that think all drugs should be available to any Adult for personal use republicans do you know?

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99051 Apr 8, 2013
Candy wrote:
Or we could get back to the original Topix subject. Bible study in school. I personally think ,it would lead to arguing,so it would be better to not teach the Bible. What do others think about teaching the bible at school? For it? Or against it?.If you can stick to the subject ,and quit putting down everyone else maybe this would lead to some sort of decesion. There are over 94,000 post.
The thread has evolved.
I am in favor of teaching the Satanic bible in schools. What? Oh you mean ONLY the christian cults bible, nope never

Manchester, KY

#99052 Apr 8, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
and this too-(requote --in case you wre reading too fast and missed THE point...)
He was the Christ, and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men among us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him; for he appeared to them alive again the third day; as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him. And the tribe of Christians so named from him are not extinct at this day." Antiquities, XVIII, 33
Some guy told a few people about how he Believed... No one thought in important enough to make note of... Later when a few people wanted to have Personal Power of other men they wrote all kinds of crap to fluff up the guy that basically only P.O.'ed a few high ranking Jews... Over time many guys in fancy robes became rich and famous from the people without the mental capacities to educate themselves , and or attempted to destroy those that actually attempted to educate the terminally stupid... And the beat goes on...

Manchester, KY

#99053 Apr 8, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does anything say that?
----------
A Second World War hero who spent four years as a prisoner of war after being captured by the Germans finally received a letter from his stepmother - 70 years after it was posted.
The letter had been sent to the Field Post Office in Egypt in 1941, where Dave Hutton - now 94 - was held in a prisoner of war camp.
----------
The family of a Frenchman, sent to work at a German World War Two labour camp, have finally received his homesick letters, 70 years after he wrote them.
Marcel Heuzé fell foul of the Nazi regime, becoming one of hundreds of thousands of French men and women deported to Germany during World War Two as part of its Compulsory Work Service.
From 1942 to 1944, Heuzé worked at the Daimler-Benz factory producing tanks, aero-engines and armoured vehicles.
All of which means absolutely Nothing because in Each Case if we wish we could date the letters to the time of the person, we could Document and Verify that each individual was were they were and did what they did, documents with dates , times and notations ... To Date Not a Single mention, not a lost letter found later, not a mention of a person that 40 years later is said to have magic at his finger tips... But keep trying and someday your brain might kick in and understand the Point ....
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#99054 Apr 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am pretty sure the bible claims god made man from dirt, so what is it that contradicts your own religion? Oh, that magic transformed it, not a billion years of natural forces.
Please,do not get sarcastic.It is YOU who claimed that the Egg came before the Chicken,as did many other Scientists,,,,Then,a scienticic experiment claims the chicken came first,leaving you all with egg on your faces.
Moreover,it is SCIENCE and other misinformed individuals,who would have us believe that nonliving nonintelligent matter,can,spontaneouisly and inexplicably transform itself into a living intelligent form of life,which The Singing group,The Drifters,describe as,THIS MAGIC MOMENT.
Upon investigating the Educational credentials of those who support this theory,I found that many of them graduated from
The Harry Houdini Institute'
Sarcastic comments require an equally sarcastic response.
tazzaz

Pittsburgh, PA

#99055 Apr 8, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ………
The Bible is junk no place in public schools
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#99056 Apr 8, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Uhm, you prayed so that is your proof of god?
That is lame even for a lying christian
Let's see...You have been insulting,used nasty 4 letter words and totally disrespectful of others who do not agree with your nonsensical allegations.
But ,I believe I can possibly agree with you on something.
It is possible that nonliving nonintelligent matter can spontaneously come to life.
Your mental deficiencies may be able to confirm that theory.
Sh#t is a form of nonliving ,nonintelligent matter that came to life,,,Because that's what you got for brains,
By the way,this is not written in anger,but,I tend to respond to insults and sarcasm in like manner

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99057 Apr 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Please,do not get sarcastic.It is YOU who claimed that the Egg came before the Chicken,as did many other Scientists,,,,Then,a scienticic experiment claims the chicken came first,leaving you all with egg on your faces.
Moreover,it is SCIENCE and other misinformed individuals,who would have us believe that nonliving nonintelligent matter,can,spontaneouisly and inexplicably transform itself into a living intelligent form of life,which The Singing group,The Drifters,describe as,THIS MAGIC MOMENT.
Upon investigating the Educational credentials of those who support this theory,I found that many of them graduated from
The Harry Houdini Institute'
Sarcastic comments require an equally sarcastic response.
That was not sarcastic it was just plain stupid. You fail at every level.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99058 Apr 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see...You have been insulting,used nasty 4 letter words and totally disrespectful of others who do not agree with your nonsensical allegations.
But ,I believe I can possibly agree with you on something.
It is possible that nonliving nonintelligent matter can spontaneously come to life.
Your mental deficiencies may be able to confirm that theory.
Sh#t is a form of nonliving ,nonintelligent matter that came to life,,,Because that's what you got for brains,
By the way,this is not written in anger,but,I tend to respond to insults and sarcasm with stupidity.
At last! Some honesty.
If you did not lie, run and hide from facts, gave honest answers I would not treat you like I do. But when presented with bible quotes that you do not like you run like a sissy girl that saw a snake.
Admit that the christian cult made up a new god (nothing like the old god) and worships social status and wealth
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

#99059 Apr 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't and if you read Mark 10; 25,26,27 you will see why my answer is no.
I like you answer. I have another question. Do you believe in the trinity?
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

#99060 Apr 8, 2013
Anti-Matter Bombs

Breakthrough! Scientists Create and Capture Antimatter

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/11/17/bre...
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#99061 Apr 8, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
A.D. 64....A.D. 55-120.... As I said...
Not one mention, not one scribble on a wall of a person that we are told walked on water, healed the blind, turned water to wine, fed the masses with 2 fish and a loaf of bread, rose from the grave and did all kinds of miraculous stuff... After 2000 years of people searching ever wall, every pit, every tunnel we can find from the followers then, the Templers, through the holding of the Holy Lands through 12 Crusades...... And yet we find writings of how the wheat crops did, where to get laid, who is the best Gladiators were, census reports and all manner of trivial mention... 20 to 40 years after the time at hand we are told of such feats.... but Believers B'Leve...
Reporting on Emperor Nero's decision to blame the Christians for the fire that had destroyed Rome in A.D. 64, the Roman historian Tacitus wrote:
Nero fastened the guilt ... on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of ... Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome....5

Obviously Tacitus was no lover of Christians,Christus from whom the name had it's origins,hated for their abominatios,describes Christianity as most mischievous superstition,source of the evil,then goes on to describe his death by crucifixion"sufferd the extreme penalty" when it occured,under the reign of Tiberius at the hands of Pontius Pilate.
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

#99062 Apr 8, 2013
US Military Will Install Laser Turrets on Bombers and Fighter Jets.

http://gizmodo.com/5978740/us-military-to-ins...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#99063 Apr 8, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>What about the scripture that says: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Does that mean Jesus is equal to almighty God or was the writer trying to say he was God himself?
Jesus existed as a spirit, just like we did, before this earth was formed. He is God's firstborn son. Jesus helped Him perform the acts in Genesis under the Father's command.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biggestloserever.com 17 min loserdonald 4
Katrina blanton 1 hr Two years ago 2
You shouldn't have 2 hr Anne 1
Woman In Black Dress and Glasses I Saw Leaving ... 3 hr Just A Dog Chasin... 139
Fun girls 3 hr Fine guy 1
Tell the wife getting cheated on? 8 hr George Robbins 22
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 10 hr Jennifer Renee 38,690

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages