Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,680)

Showing posts 93,581 - 93,600 of128,573
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Carchar king wrote:
Here's an atheist most feared question.

what evidence is there behind atheism, I mean you guys always ask chritians for evidence, but let me ask you you're evidence.

There is plenty of evidence for Christ, since they found noah's ark, scientists found it the exact size of the ark in the bible. Also look up scientific evidence and you'll get a lot.

So now where is you're evidence. There is almost as much evidence as there is as evolution, but you atheists acted like you never heard of it.

so give you're evidence.
Haha that's funny. They deny the evidence. No matter how many times presented. I like this tho lol. Where is your evidence?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Lets not beat around the burning bush, you're not gonna recognize intelligent life, it's reeeaaaallllll.
Hope you're right. I'll keep looking.
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>I know it's going to be hard for you to fathom but Atheism makes no claim... Since it makes no claims there is no evidence.... Normally a person that thinks there is no such thing as Flying Unicorns that poop glitter does not provide evidence there is no Flying Unicorns that poop glitter...

Now if I claimed there Absolutely was a Flying Unicorn that pooped glitter you could ask a Valid question about me providing evidence of it's remarkable existence..

Now for Evidence of Evolution there are vast warehouses full bones, fossils, and samples of flora and fauna from around the globe.... There are stacks of DNA evidence, there are living diversity of plants and animals, there are dozens of dating methods and racks of evidence in every library around the globe...

But First one has to Know what the Evolution means and from your post you do not show you have the Basic understanding of the theory, mechanisms involved or in fact why it is called a theory in the first place... I doubt that you would understand that Evolution would still be Valid if tomorrow aliens landed and told us they genetically implanted Modern Humans on earth 100's of 1000's of years ago...
He sounds little more wacky each time he posts. God is alive. One day in your denial you will meet Him and He will say depart from Me... You still have time to seek Him and change that
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Now here is where I call you a liar. There has never been any thing that proves your cult.
An old sailing ship was found? Prove that it held 2 of every animal, a shroud was FAKED prove it belonged to jesus.
You want me to prove that there is no god? OK, Hubble telescope, voyager 1, the earth is round, germs, and you have to fake your evidence and lie (yes, that is proof )
It's a great made up story then isn't it? How do you think those people dreamed up that as a story? So long ago... Please... Lol
There is more evidence pointing toward a Creator now than ever before ... Where is your head? In the sand? Give us a break. Lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>It's kind of interesting that the first thing Adam and Eve did after eating the fruit of knowledge was realize they were naked and needed to cover up. Doesn't seem like much but a few chapters over you have angels coming down and raping the women.

Kind of makes you think God's original purpose for man was to run around naked so he could watch. Kind of creepy if you ask me.
What are you talking about? I don't remember angels raping women. Can you provide a verse?
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>And this proves what, I said that I hate, and?

Let me dumb it down for ya, you still won't get it, because your "special religie/topix understanding" will get in the way.
Yes, I hate.
I hate -15 degree mornings and the fire is out.
I hate colonoscopies, very much so.(I guess you love them?)
I hate when peoples lives and feedom are crushed because of ridiculous religious beliefs.
I hate what your friend the sozi stands for, ignorance.

And I really hate sunshine on my pillow, that is why I close my drapes.

Where do I say, I hate people or religie fungus, did god tell you? Full of hate, lol. Do I respect religie fungus, a big fat NO is the answer, deal with it, and stop bearing false witness.
Respect, I have zero for you, religies, religion and your kwisatz haderach, if you consider that hate, well blame your own ignorance.

Lmao, you're truly delusional and your understanding sucks.
And by your non response to the religie hate posts on here, I would also say you're a hypocrite.

See no hate just FUN, you watching?

I also hate to make long posts, grammar nazi lurks.
Wow. BAHAHA. Praise God. Praise God. Bless these people Lord. Open their eyes. Forgive them

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

happy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a sad creature.
Don't know what has given you that idea.
I enjoy my life. It is full of family, friends, art, travel, satisfying work, and exceptionally good health for a 66 year old.
Just because I don't accept your mythology, that doesn't make me unhappy.
happy wrote:
<quoted text> If you dont want the love you certainly will never have it.
I would rather have real love than imaginary love.
happy wrote:
<quoted text> He knows everything. He knew you before you were formed in your mothers womb. He knew you would deny Him yet He still loves you. That's love.
So you are saying that your deity KNEW I wouldn't worship it, but let me be born, live and die so I could be punished forever?
Doesn't sound like "love" to me.

Don't try dodging that with "free will."
If Yahweh KNOWS everything, he can't be pleasantly surprised by a person changing their mind, now can he?
happy wrote:
<quoted text> Well another example. You don't offend me in any way. I feel bad for all of you.
You don't offend me either, but your religion does.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Thor, please forgive happy.
She doesn't realize she is worshipping the wrong god.

I know that her god was nailed to something....and that YOU have a hammer.
Proof positive that YOU are the BEST deity!
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>Don't know what has given you that idea.
I enjoy my life. It is full of family, friends, art, travel, satisfying work, and exceptionally good health for a 66 year old.

happy wrote, "<quoted text> If you dont want the love you certainly will never have it. "

happy wrote, "<quoted text> He knows everything. He knew you before you were formed in your mothers womb. He knew you would deny Him yet He still loves you. That's love. "

So you are saying that your deity KNEW I wouldn't worship it, but let me be born, live and die so I could be punished forever?

If Yahweh KNOWS everything, he can't be pleasantly surprised by a person changing their mind, now can he?

happy wrote, "<quoted text> Well another example. You don't offend me in any way. I feel bad for all of you. "

Ah...66...I c...wow...
Well I'm happy for you, but also sad...but you don't understand..it's ok
You have your truth.. I have mine
Blessings
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>Don't know what has given you that idea.

happy wrote, "<quoted text> If you dont want the love you certainly will never have it. "

happy wrote, "<quoted text> He knows everything. He knew you before you were formed in your mothers womb. He knew you would deny Him yet He still loves you. That's love. "

happy wrote, "<quoted text> Well another example. You don't offend me in any way. I feel bad for all of you. "

So crazy. So crazy. It's so SIMPLE.. Don't complicate. Don't worry b happy. Don't complicate. Religion also offends me. My God is AMAZING! Imaginary? R u kidding me? That's HILLARIOUS. Rofl. Honey I'm not in a mental ward. If I were to deny Him after all I have seen I would be in a mental ward teehee

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Jewish slavery is what I was speaking of. Keep up with me here. When Jews owed a debt they could not repay, they became a slave to the lender until paid off. Egyptians enslaved Hebrews like they were a lower life form. See the difference Mensa man?
http://www.topix.com/forum/cit y/winchester-ky/TEQBSM98072HG0 DU3/p4688#c97902 Hmmmm, come on, maybe this will bring you back to reality. I know you are a religie maybe a GenuineChristian†, but you could actually be a TrueBeliever†, wow.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you're right. I'll keep looking.
You do that, lol, maybe the sozi can help you. Have you ever had arrakis training? If not, how is it you claim to be one of the faithful.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.topix.com/forum/city/winchester-ky... Hmmmm, come on, maybe this will bring you back to reality. I know you are a religie maybe a GenuineChristian†, but you could actually be a TrueBeliever†, wow.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/winchester-ky...

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

happy wrote:
<quoted text>
So crazy. So crazy. It's so SIMPLE.. Don't complicate. Don't worry b happy. Don't complicate.
Yes, I agree. Reality is simple. It simply IS right in front of your face.
There is no need for imaginary superbeings.

You are saying, "Don't look for answers, don't question, don't wonder ..Just Believe!"
You are asked simple questions but you can't defend your beliefs.

It's not complicated. I can put it all in one sentence:
IF Yahweh KNEW how people were going to NOT believe in them, why does a supposedly "loving god" allow them to be born so they will be punished eternally?
These are your claims about your deity. You know they make no sense.
happy wrote:
<quoted text> Religion also offends me. My God is AMAZING! Imaginary? R u kidding me? That's HILLARIOUS. Rofl. Honey I'm not in a mental ward. If I were to deny Him after all I have seen I would be in a mental ward teehee
Worshipping an unseen deity IS Religion. Face it.
Seeing things you didn't understand doesn't mean the myths of a bunch of primitive goatherders are true.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Sorry for the double post.
Topix got stuck again.
I'm sure they will fix it soon.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>You do that, lol, maybe the sozi can help you. Have you ever had arrakis training? If not, how is it you claim to be one of the faithful.
Indeed, fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
;)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>You do that, lol, maybe the sozi can help you. Have you ever had arrakis training? If not, how is it you claim to be one of the faithful.
Like some Dune do ya?

You seemed like such a Green Eggs And Ham guy to me

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>"Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them, that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose. Then the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years." The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown."

That's what the JWs teach anyways, that angels who are called "the son's of God" had sex with the women and had giants for children. God was suppose to wipe them out during the flood but they appear later again in Numbers 13. I take it you have a different teaching than that?
I don't see that in the KJV. Sons of God are just men.
We are all sons and daughters of God. I don't even see the word Nephilim in the KJV.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
;)
Random thought when I read your post. The french word for orgasm is "La petit mort", which translates literally to "little death".:-)

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Objective Onlooker wrote:
<quoted text>
Random thought when I read your post. The french word for orgasm is "La petit mort", which translates literally to "little death".:-)
True. And that is why men both desire and fear women...for she will "un-man" him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 93,581 - 93,600 of128,573
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

97 Users are viewing the Richmond Forum right now

Search the Richmond Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min this ones for you 146,113
Missing teen girl in Berea (Jun '13) 11 min SteakDinners4Every1 7,118
Word Association (Jul '10) 13 min Jennifer Renee 18,508
josh hensley 14 min captaincrunch 12
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 15 min Jennifer Renee 16,566
places for rent 43 min My Opinion 3
Who will be the next Madison County Sheriff in ... 47 min My Opinion 744
•••
•••
•••
•••

Richmond Jobs

•••