Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
91,801 - 91,820 of 130,549 Comments Last updated 52 min ago
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#96052 Mar 12, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"anyone who is honest with themselves (I believe) would seek out opposing views and debate them"
And naturally this raises the eternal question which festers deep in the souls of everyone present.
Which is better - Krystal's or White Castle?
Vert n Gerts Dairy Bawr....down on the shoals in mussel, alabamer.

Eh, wanna try best onyeeyun rings next?
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#96053 Mar 12, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
KY and TN are the only two states that have both. The yankees totally miss out on Scramblers.
Yah but veenerhead, you chromo's can't touche the fresh seafood.

Have a crawdad.
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#96054 Mar 12, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well stated and absolutely correct... Religion is human ego run amuck... The view that the whole of the universe was created for a mold growing on a speck of dust floating around a minor ball of light in a minor batch of little balls of light is the epitome of Human Ego run Amuck...
No personal invite to the Papal Pope Proceedings huh quanty?

Ooooo...poor wittle quanty.....

Do try to understand, they're rather busy with tradition in electing new leadership at the moment, you'll have to forgive them for oversite.
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#96055 Mar 12, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>But you believe in marrage for 13 year old girls?
Welcome to 2013, and the age of Social Service protection for underage children, and civil laws for the pervs that violate such.

Really, it's not the dark ages anymore.
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#96056 Mar 12, 2013
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC wrote:
If I offend you simply by using CAPS on some of my comments, I must somehow be hitting a nerve. I'm sorry to have offended you with my style of commenting, but I thought a FORUM was for giving your belief & comments on a subject being discussed! This sight is not a place for discussion, it has become a place for ATTACKING those expressing their beliefs & comments! Too much ANGER & NOT DISCUSSION for me! This is not mature but childish!
"Ignorance knows no specific age level", but at least in children, it's understandable. Adults have no excuse.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#96057 Mar 12, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
And you, you belong to the cult of the merely being a judgeMENTAL hypocrite?
You have no right to decide what would be "better" read for anyone.
BTW, your pictures have been kind of lame lately.
(ooooooooooo ooo wait---there IT is---Quantumn belongs to the CULT of zen-lame-piktures!!!)
You actually don't know how stupid that post was do you? Bless it's little heart...
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#96058 Mar 12, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You actually don't know how stupid that post was do you? Bless it's little heart...
First no personal papal procedural invite...now its mad cause I insulted it's picture. Bless your (aka its) little heart, is it having a baduh day?

(try a little less swill, and a little more class)

"Hunnnnney".
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#96059 Mar 12, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
(and if it'll make you feel any better-I was looking at one the other day, some sort of flower, replete with droplets of water..the first one was the actual original image, the second one was edited, down to mere black and white. Took all that beautiful color out of the beauty of nature, and tried to "improve" upon the handiwork of, via technological editing. Well guess what, the edited one sucked way worse than your pictures! Course I would never directly say that so blatently and without disregard to the picture taker/editer, butI might say, why that's lovely but the original one was a beautiful specimen already!! Aka the "swill of ignorance" versus some actual "class".

There now, feel better?

Wanna wager on the Pick a Pope proceedings-verbal only, waste not want not!!!!

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#96060 Mar 12, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize that Mormons weren't the first to believe this?
And we do not believe that Joseph "wrote" the BOM, we believe he translated it.
Ok. How does being "not first" to believe a stupid thing make it better?

Right. Smith "found" a new book of the Bible, hidden in the hills of the good ole US of A. What are the odds!?

What are your thoughts on the Book of Abraham?
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#96061 Mar 12, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Smith "found" a new book of the Bible, hidden in the hills of the good ole US of A. What are the odds!?
Once upon a time, the Mormons kindly left some literature. I implicitly asked them about the multiple wives thing. They denied such. Of course at such young just out of school ages, certainly the thoughts of having just ONE wife would've been enough to keep them safe from the perils of having "one of those wretched things"- for a little while anyway :-). The conversation on comparative religions was interesting and enlightening, nice boys that they were, they were able to explain what they were representing rationally, AND listen to different viewpoints, with out resorting to childish antics.
The nice manners said a lot too.

Told us where the church was at should we ever have interest in it...and went about their business, no harm done.

(I mean realllly come on...some of this stuff being posted is just SO stuck in the dark ages of ignorance of bigotry).
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#96062 Mar 12, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Mormons to my understanding from same aforementioned sources, also read from the Bible.

Like a lot of other denominations.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#96063 Mar 12, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not required to wear sacred undergarments. We choose to wear them to serve as a reminder of sacred covenants that we make with our Father in Heaven. It is symbolic of the garments given to Adam and Eve in the garden to cover themselves once they learned they were naked. Therefore it also promotes modesty.
No replying to you only helps me educate people who think we are weirdos because of the way some people distort our beliefs to make us sound strange.
You can go to the LDS.org website and look through all of our scriptures.
Thanks for the reply. I would like to know if Mormons can perform miracles today. A friend and I went to see a man about a car, he was a Mormon and talk to us about his religion. The man had a wand that he took from a nice jewelry case and placed it on his coffee table while talking to us about his religion.

Any way after leaving and not buying the car for sale, my friend ask me if I saw what happen when the Mormon placed the wane on the coffee table we were sitting around. I said that I notice nothing. My friend said that he saw the wand had turned into a snake and the Mormon man notice that my friend was startled by what happen.

The Mormon man notice that I was not startled and just said " I like you, you're different", not sure what he meant by that.

So by your knowledge have you ever heard of this type of magic perform by a Mormon today? If so why a wand was used?
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#96064 Mar 12, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't want anyone to go to hell. It's a choice a person makes. Like the choice you are making to not believe. But God actually gives us ALL a measure of faith. There is a VOID within you that you will NEVER b filled with anything else. Are you really at peace? When trouble comes, how do you handle adversity? Do you love people?
People who are close to God and KNOW HIM ...not know of Him ...(That's the HUGE difference) will love all people and you will know who they are. This has been said by many they out this post. GOD is GOOD ALL the TIME! If you truly seemed Him out you to would find this to b true. You are only hurting yourself, possibly your friends and YOUR own FAMILY by denying the CREATOR! Surely with as intelligent as you sound you are checking ALL resources available. Human body alone...arteries, heart, EYE... Come on... The BIBLE is being fulfilled whether you believe or not. It will ALL come to pass... Hate or LOVE on... GOD BLESS YOU ALL! Thank you God for persuing me and SAVING me..from ME!
if god didnt want us to go to hell then he wouldnt have created it for the punishment of his own screw up when he made created everything. if god created al then he knew what was gonna happen from the start and is just dicking with us all. funny he has to torture what his perfect self couldnt accomplish creating perfect, guess even god has his flaws.
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#96065 Mar 13, 2013
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says that when ALL EARS have heard The Word of God, then Christ will return. Where will YOU be, still denying God? I pray your heart & eyes will be opened before it's EVERLASTING too late. Someone can be the MOST honest, good, well-doing person, but if NOT BORN AGAIN THRU CHRIST, when death comes he WILL NOT enter the Gates of Heaven, he will be ETERNALLY damned to Hell.
very true, and a pedophile rapist can say i believe and go to heaven, so just imagine what kind of place u are goin to, not good ppl or god, but self induced slavery to a god that is vain and cruel. if he killed his son so man could be forgiven should show u the sickness of your religion to start when if god was the almighty he could have just said, u know what? i just forgive u all and we dont have to torture and kill anyone for that to happen.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#96066 Mar 13, 2013
They don't want Bible study in public schools because they prefer we teach leftist propaganda.
Nutcases

London, KY

#96068 Mar 13, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
very true, and a pedophile rapist can say i believe and go to heaven, so just imagine what kind of place u are goin to, not good ppl or god, but self induced slavery to a god that is vain and cruel. if he killed his son so man could be forgiven should show u the sickness of your religion to start when if god was the almighty he could have just said, u know what? i just forgive u all and we dont have to torture and kill anyone for that to happen.
How anyone could derive "God did it" when it was obviously hatred of that which was different, followed by thevile condemnation amongst herd packs, is beyond rational logic (as in SIC)

Crucifixion of Jesus Christ - Story Summary:

The Jewish high priests and elders of the Sanhedrin accused Jesus of blasphemy, arriving at the decision to put him to death. But first they needed Rome to approve of their death sentence, so Jesus was taken to Pontius Pilate, the Roman governor in Judea. Although Pilate found him innocent, unable to find or even contrive a reason to condemn Jesus, he feared the crowds and let them decide Jesus' fate. Stirred by the Jewish chief priests, the crowds declared, "Crucify him!"

Vile condemnation derived of hatred amongst the people, crucified Jesus, not any "God".

Hatred is never a good thing.
so true

Morgantown, KY

#96070 Mar 13, 2013
The most important thing
you leave behind is the stuff that turns into treasures
when children find it.
Good Day all....
haha

Hyden, KY

#96071 Mar 13, 2013
Nutcases wrote:
<quoted text>How anyone could derive "God did it" when it was obviously hatred of that which was different, followed by thevile condemnation amongst herd packs, is beyond rational logic (as in SIC)

Crucifixion of Jesus Christ - Story Summary:

The Jewish high priests and elders of the Sanhedrin accused Jesus of blasphemy, arriving at the decision to put him to death. But first they needed Rome to approve of their death sentence, so Jesus was taken to Pontius Pilate, the Roman governor in Judea. Although Pilate found him innocent, unable to find or even contrive a reason to condemn Jesus, he feared the crowds and let them decide Jesus' fate. Stirred by the Jewish chief priests, the crowds declared, "Crucify him!"

Vile condemnation derived of hatred amongst the people, crucified Jesus, not any "God".

Hatred is never a good thing.
And now we have come full circle. In some places christians have been in the majority and fallen into the same kind of fear and hatred that killed Jesus in the story of the gospels. The crusades of the past. Uganda of the present. Attempts to hold back knowledge and ideas that do not follow their narrative throughout history.

Not that all Christians are that way, but it is both sad and fascinating how the persecuted can become the persecutor.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#96073 Mar 13, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
They don't want Bible study in public schools because they prefer we teach leftist propaganda.
I notice that you did not respond to my post asking for a description of your gods character based on the bible.
I bet your god looks like a dollar bill

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#96074 Mar 13, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Jesus taught what you call leftist beliefs, have you ever read your bible?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Double Letter Game (Mar '12) 30 min Doug77 942
To All Of Those That Like To Critize Me 45 min Iceskating Uphill 372
Ashlee Burgin Arrest Warrant 1 hr DinkSlayer 7
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr GoodRiddanceMicha... 1,538
will blacks ever let it go 1 hr ummm k 26
Missing teen girl in Berea (Jun '13) 1 hr Bright Side 7,314
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Cornelius Scudmister 151,277
•••
•••

Richmond Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Richmond People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Richmond News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Richmond