Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,919

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Hidden

Frankfort, KY

#95994 Mar 11, 2013
Not happening ever unless it is taught ONLY in a historical sense
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC

Ashland, KY

#95995 Mar 11, 2013
I can tell you how I know my GOD IS REAL! I know that BUDDA & MUHAMMAD are still in their graves, but, MY JESUS IS RISEN & very much ALIVE IN MY HEART!! Check the BORROWED TOMB, He's NOT there!
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC

Ashland, KY

#95996 Mar 11, 2013
Hidden wrote:
Not happening ever unless it is taught ONLY in a historical sense
It is HISTORICAL & PROVEN by Archeologists who NOW have Scientists beginning to BELIEVE in their findings!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#95997 Mar 11, 2013
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC wrote:
<quoted text>
It is HISTORICAL & PROVEN by Archeologists who NOW have Scientists beginning to BELIEVE in their findings!
Horsey Puckey Doo Doo....
haha

Hyden, KY

#95998 Mar 11, 2013
I can tell you how I know my GOD IS REAL! I know that BUDDA & MUHAMMAD are still in their graves, but, MY JESUS IS RISEN & very much ALIVE IN MY HEART!! Check the BORROWED TOMB, He's NOT there!
It has never been verified that this ever happened. Every religion has stories of miracles accomplished by different gods. Why do you believe your particular religion's accounts of miracles, and disbelief the rest?

Rick Caldwell

Stanton, KY

#95999 Mar 11, 2013
Mohandas Ghandi wrote:
Which bible? There are several hundred different religions and interpretations of those religions.
"BIBLE study rules for public schools proposed" The topic is not the amount of religions, languages, interpretations. It says, "BIBLE". Even the different languages may only lose a little in translation but, we are an English speaking country, or supposed to be our semi-official language. I know of KJV and NIV of the Bible which is two. I'm sure there is other production companies but, the Holy Bible old and new testament are it.
Hidden

Frankfort, KY

#96000 Mar 11, 2013
What you know is your feelings, and opinion. If that makes something a fact then there is a whole lot of conflicting facts huh?
Notice how many times you said my? Religion or egomania, two sides of the same coin.
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC

Ashland, KY

#96001 Mar 11, 2013
To HIDDEN, haha, & Quantummist: Obviously you are blind to the TRUTH! The Bible has stories, but are TRUE & the LIVING WORD of GOD! I pray God will open your hearts & minds to HIM & His Plan of Salvation for YOU!! He is MY GOD because I have ACCEPTED Him as MY Savior & He is your God too! All you have to do is Believe Jesus IS the Son of God & Accept Him by Confessing your sins & asking forgiveness, Believe He DIED on the Cross for OUR sins, Arose from the Grave & Sits @ the Right Hand of GOD!

Manchester, KY

#96002 Mar 11, 2013
To HIDDEN, haha, & Quantummist: Obviously you are blind to the TRUTH! The Bible has stories, but are TRUE & the LIVING WORD of GOD! I pray God will open your hearts & minds to HIM & His Plan of Salvation for YOU!! He is MY GOD because I have ACCEPTED Him as MY Savior & He is your God too! All you have to do is Believe Jesus IS the Son of God & Accept Him by Confessing your sins & asking forgiveness, Believe He DIED on the Cross for OUR sins, Arose from the Grave & Sits @ the Right Hand of GOD!
Most Cultist think that way about their individual cult... The folks that sat around having a nice cool drink at Jim Jones compound said the same things you do... In America you have the Right to be stupid according to Joe Biden....

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#96003 Mar 11, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Right, it is true that Smith didn't seem to be as racist as the others, to his credit. But the book he wrote, The Book of Mormon, does literally say that God cursed the Lamanites with dark skin:

[quote]And [God] had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people, the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them. And thus saith the Lord God; I will cause that they shall be loathsome unto thy people, save they shall repent of their iniquities." (2 Nephi 5:21)[/quote]

This is part of their holy book, and if it is wrong then one can call the entire faith into question. Why would God put this in there if it wasn't accurate?

The LDS is led by a Prophet, chosen by Jesus himself. Brigham Young, who was most certainly an avid racist, was the Prophet of the church for 30 years and is in many ways far more responsible for their development than Smith.

So you have a church founded by a con man, then taken over by a racist. You have a holy book full of racist doctrine. You have a church that actively rejected blacks from holding the priesthood until the 1970s. Yet all of this is led by a man who was chosen by Jesus himself through revelation.

It is true that Mormons were singled out and persecuted by other types of Christians and to this day they hold a kind of shady character. But let's face it. When you you base your religion on these kinds of silly, hateful, stupid ideas you're going to get flack for it. I would never support the idea of hurting people for their beliefs but I do support the idea of calling them out on their dumb ideas.
Do you realize that Mormons weren't the first to believe this?
And we do not believe that Joseph "wrote" the BOM, we believe he translated it.
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC

Ashland, KY

#96004 Mar 11, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Cultist think that way about their individual cult... The folks that sat around having a nice cool drink at Jim Jones compound said the same things you do... In America you have the Right to be stupid according to Joe Biden....
Now you have the RIGHT to your opinion! I DON'T belong to a CULT! The Bible says God's Word will CONFOUND the Non-believer! You know, I used to be where you are & thinking the way you think until JESUS knocked on my heart & I let Him in! You see, I know the things you say about me & Jesus ONLY come from SATAN!! Believe me, Satan is REAL also & is here ONLY to kill, steal, & destroy!! SATAN is also a Liar & the father of ALL LIES!

Manchester, KY

#96005 Mar 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Now you have the RIGHT to your opinion! I DON'T belong to a CULT! The Bible says God's Word will CONFOUND the Non-believer! You know, I used to be where you are & thinking the way you think until JESUS knocked on my heart & I let Him in! You see, I know the things you say about me & Jesus ONLY come from SATAN!! Believe me, Satan is REAL also & is here ONLY to kill, steal, & destroy!! SATAN is also a Liar & the father of ALL LIES!
Yes you are a Cultist, every cultist ask always screams in denial of their cult being a cult and then claim other peoples cults are really cults but not their cult... No one knocked on your heart and you let him in.. Your Heart Pumps Blood to oxygenate the cells in your body... Basic anatomy would be a better read for you....
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC

Ashland, KY

#96006 Mar 11, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>

Yes you are a Cultist, every cultist ask always screams in denial of their cult being a cult and then claim other peoples cults are really cults but not their cult... No one knocked on your heart and you let him in.. Your Heart Pumps Blood to oxygenate the cells in your body... Basic anatomy would be a better read for you....
Believe as you may! I've done my part as a Christian! May God Bless You

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#96007 Mar 12, 2013
To all of the people who claim that they know god is real blah blah blah
Please tell me the character of your god. What is your god like?
So true

Morgantown, KY

#96008 Mar 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Believe as you may! I've done my part as a Christian! May God Bless You
we feel what we do , and others feel as they do, guess it is how the road goes .. I feel my road is right although sometimes the way is very crooked, but we all have to find our own roads .. And I just pray each road chosen leads us each where we need to be in the end.. Great day ahead too all...

Manchester, KY

#96009 Mar 12, 2013
So true wrote:
<quoted text> we feel what we do , and others feel as they do, guess it is how the road goes .. I feel my road is right although sometimes the way is very crooked, but we all have to find our own roads .. And I just pray each road chosen leads us each where we need to be in the end.. Great day ahead too all...
I'll stick with Google earth....
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96010 Mar 12, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
For those who may not know the use of the word APOSTATE: Here are some of the Bibles use of the word
Job 8:13
Thus are the pathways of all those forgetting God,
And the very hope of an apostate will perish.
Job 20:5
That the joyful cry of wicked people is short
And the rejoicing of an apostate is for a moment?
Job 36:13
And those apostate in heart will themselves lay up anger.
Proverbs 11:9
By [his] mouth the one who is an apostate brings his fellowman to ruin, but by knowledge are the righteous rescued.
What I find hard to believe...
If a man truly knows God, how could he become apostate?
Oh yes, we can backslide a bit, but to totally deny God???
You cannot un-know something!
Amen!
haha

Hyden, KY

#96011 Mar 12, 2013
So true wrote:
<quoted text> we feel what we do , and others feel as they do, guess it is how the road goes .. I feel my road is right although sometimes the way is very crooked, but we all have to find our own roads .. And I just pray each road chosen leads us each where we need to be in the end.. Great day ahead too all...
That's such a mature attitude. You have your faith, but you realize that since your reasons for believing are very personal and internal, that other people may not experience the same thing. You have your beliefs, yet you obviously respect other's who may not agree. That's how it should be.

I'm essentially an atheist. It was the natural conclusion for me to reach. My brain runs on concrete information and statistical probability. I also have a strong natural skepticism. I don't pretend to know that I'm right, but I do believe that I am most likely correct, because that's where the evidence seems to point in my opinion.

I'm not opposed to people disagreeing with me. But when they pretend they know things that they in fact only believe, or use their beliefs to judge others or elevate themselves, at that point I take issue.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#96012 Mar 12, 2013
haha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not opposed to people disagreeing with me. But when they pretend they know things that they in fact only believe, or use their beliefs to judge others or elevate themselves, at that point I take issue.
I couldn't agree with you more. Healthy debate is, well...healthy. And having different opinions is a good thing. Any position that anyone holds needs to be able to stand up to scrutiny. And anyone who is honest with themselves (I believe) would seek out opposing views and debate them. Not necessarily to vanquish the opposition, but to ensure that their own position is viable.

Having said that, there are a lot of people who don't understand the difference between "knowledge" and "belief" and that makes it hard to even have a rational discussion, let alone a healthy debate.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#96013 Mar 12, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't agree with you more. Healthy debate is, well...healthy. And having different opinions is a good thing. Any position that anyone holds needs to be able to stand up to scrutiny. And anyone who is honest with themselves (I believe) would seek out opposing views and debate them. Not necessarily to vanquish the opposition, but to ensure that their own position is viable.
Having said that, there are a lot of people who don't understand the difference between "knowledge" and "belief" and that makes it hard to even have a rational discussion, let alone a healthy debate.
"anyone who is honest with themselves (I believe) would seek out opposing views and debate them"

And naturally this raises the eternal question which festers deep in the souls of everyone present.
Which is better - Krystal's or White Castle?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any wonmen looking for fun 4 min Justin 4
miejers cstomer 18 min hotwheels 1
Giving Christmas gifts if you're just talking.. 35 min Help 10
rhonda sallee 53 min meee 5
School board will sue for Grand Campus FOR TAXES 57 min Question 14
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 1 hr layla 18,129
Word Association (Jul '10) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 19,972
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 30,099
Richmond Dating
Find my Match