Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
90,461 - 90,480 of 130,537 Comments Last updated 24 min ago

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94579 Feb 2, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
"Therefore, Christians are wise and intelligent?"
Lmao, just 1 percent under normal.
1%?
It might not be PC to recognize that only 25% of people are above normal intelligence - but it explains a lot.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#94580 Feb 2, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
1%?
It might not be PC to recognize that only 25% of people are above normal intelligence - but it explains a lot.

Someone posted this earlier "1 percent remark".

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#94581 Feb 2, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
"Deoxyribonucleic Acid, for example... sounds impressive, right? But have you ever seen what happens if you put something in acid? It dissolves! If we had all this acid in our cells, we'd all dissolve! So much for the Theory of Evolution, Check MATE!"
Lmao.
Sometimes Ignorance is DNA deep....

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94584 Feb 2, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes Ignorance is DNA deep....
...and sometimes it is just a theological parasite.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#94585 Feb 2, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>
"racist and hate for women's rights, gays, minorities, elderly, retirees and poor"
What a CROCK!
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/despite-what-t...
BTW....
My thanks to all liberal atheists for hooking me up with Fox News...
I can see why you guys hate it... It tells the Truth about you!
Kentucky is among the top 10 racist states in America, fyi.

http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/most-racist...

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94586 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>
"racist and hate for women's rights, gays, minorities, elderly, retirees and poor"
What a CROCK!
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/despite-what-t...
It's an OPINION BLOG, How stupid can you be.. not a study.
<quoted text>.
BTW....
My thanks to all liberal atheists for hooking me up with Fox News...
I can see why you guys hate it... It tells the Truth about you!
Uh-huh. Fox News? You'll have to go a long ways before you find 2 better Americans than Rupert Murdoch and Prince Alwaleed bin Talal... Right, How stupid can you be?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#94587 Feb 2, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an OPINION BLOG, How stupid can you be.. not a study.
<quoted text>
Uh-huh. Fox News? You'll have to go a long ways before you find 2 better Americans than Rupert Murdoch and Prince Alwaleed bin Talal... Right, How stupid can you be?
He mispelled his name, it is "how stupid can I be" but being stupid he does not understand

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#94588 Feb 2, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Kentucky is among the top 10 racist states in America, fyi.
http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/most-racist...
Tennessee has to be in that top 10 also.
Did you read the story of the guy who saw his male dog humping another male dog and didn't want him any more because he thinks the dog is gay?
He took the dog to an animal shelter (fortunately the dog got a new, better home) and now EVERYONE knows how STUPID the former owner is.

http://fox4kc.com/2013/01/31/dog-owner-wanted...
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94589 Feb 2, 2013
christianmorals wrote:
<quoted text>
research your religions past and how many predictions they have made about the end and notice how many times they have failed. the end comes when the real sun decides, not some wanna be "son". my mom is a jehovas witness so i do know all about the religion first hand so im not just puttin it down cuz of the stigma placed on them for goin door to door. but just like the rest, the cult of yours is wrong also.
Hey there "christiamorals",
It is good to see someone post from Elkhorn City, KY I am from the Virginia side...between Grundy and Richlands. It is also good to know that your Mother is one of Jehovah's Witnesses (as I am too)I am now retired and live near Orlando, FL.
But I doubt sersiously that you know 'all about the religion'first hand because I feel if you knew ALL about it you would be one too.

You have been mislead by false propaganda about Jehovah's Witnesses promoted by opposed religions. As soon as I saw you accuse Jehovah's Witnesses for making false predictions, I knew where it came from. The end of the Gentile times ended in 1914 as prophesied but not as many things expected did happen, but that does not mean that the end is not coming.

May I ask you does your Mother live in Elkhorn City?
If you prefer to respond other than on a public forum my e-mail address is: poppiejdw@cfl.rr.com
I will wait to hear from you.
christianmorals

Elkhorn City, KY

#94591 Feb 3, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
It is good to see someone post from Elkhorn City, KY I am from the Virginia side...between Grundy and Richlands. It is also good to know that your Mother is one of Jehovah's Witnesses (as I am too)I am now retired and live near Orlando, FL.
But I doubt sersiously that you know 'all about the religion'first hand because I feel if you knew ALL about it you would be one too.
You have been mislead by false propaganda about Jehovah's Witnesses promoted by opposed religions. As soon as I saw you accuse Jehovah's Witnesses for making false predictions, I knew where it came from. The end of the Gentile times ended in 1914 as prophesied but not as many things expected did happen, but that does not mean that the end is not coming.
If you prefer to respond other than on a public forum my e-mail address is: poppiejdw@cfl.rr.com
trust me when i tell u, i know the kingdom hall ways thru and thru, i at one time would speak to the congregation myself with scripture and understanding but what happened was as i read the bible more i found that most of it is kind grotesque and sickening. if it were for the "divine inspiration" bein labeled to it then it would be banned for children to see it with all th stories it tells of murder and rape and sex. my mother now lives in away from here and she recently quit goin to the services too cuz when she actually talked to me about why i quit she seen some things that most dont know the bible actually says. and i also introduced her to things that real science can prove and it is amazing what all u will find out if u really research for the places that have hands on or demonstrations set up to show the proffs they have. sciece has many, creation science has zero that has any kind of real proven fact involved, just all christian dogma disguised so hopefully they can get god back in school. i do appreciate u wantin to show me things i dont know but trust me when i say i know more than enuf about the witnesses, and just the disfellowshippin alone is enuf to keep me out of there from now on, true love would never shun someone instad of tryin to help them be a better person, thats the first strike that has to be changed b4 u havea ny chance at even discusin joinin that place again.
christianmorals

Elkhorn City, KY

#94592 Feb 3, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
also just do a quick search on the witness failed prophecy on here and match up some of the things u find to the actual documents released from over a hundered yrs ago of just how bad they have been at their predictions. i mean im not mean to the JW if they come by, i invite them in and talk as long as they want, but their is nothin short of some hard evidence b4 u can ever get me to believe in it again. but if u wanna do email we can, im always up for meetin ppl that can discuss the toic like adults and not resort to petty insults just becuz they feel butt hurt from my reasoning. who knows, u may convert me or i may convert u, scary thoguht when u think of it that way, see u are already part atheist cuz u dont believe in the other gods, so once u realize the reason for not believin in them is the same reason it takes to not believe in jehovah or jesus then u may see the world differently.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#94593 Feb 3, 2013
"christianmorals" Or christian morals definition is that they believe they will be punished if they do something that their ever watching god does not like.
So christians have morals as long as they are being watched. That is not moral it is obedient while under supervision.
Nothing "moral" about that
Where you good morally when sacrificing animals to jehovah? How about when killing children for jehovah?
Was it "good morals" when you murdered Doctors and employees at womens clinics?
The christian cult's idea of good morals is what ever they want to do and hurt whom ever they choose to hurt.
Hey, dont get mad at me, it is the ACTIONS of your cult that tell the truth. Get mad at your cult for being so hate filled and violent.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94594 Feb 3, 2013
christianmorals wrote:
<quoted text>
also just do a quick search on the witness failed prophecy on here and match up some of the things u find to the actual documents released from over a hundered yrs ago of just how bad they have been at their predictions. i mean im not mean to the JW if they come by, i invite them in and talk as long as they want, but their is nothin short of some hard evidence b4 u can ever get me to believe in it again. but if u wanna do email we can, im always up for meetin ppl that can discuss the toic like adults and not resort to petty insults just becuz they feel butt hurt from my reasoning. who knows, u may convert me or i may convert u, scary thoguht when u think of it that way, see u are already part atheist cuz u dont believe in the other gods, so once u realize the reason for not believin in them is the same reason it takes to not believe in jehovah or jesus then u may see the world differently.
Dear "christianmorals",
I have a question for you: Are you desfellowshipped? If not then we can continue to converse. You have my e-mail address, I don't have yours. I can tell from your comments that you are offended by the desfellowshipping. Maybe we could start with that subject.
I will wait for an e-mail from you.

Thanks for your reply.

Have a good day.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94595 Feb 3, 2013
Dear "christianmorals",
Have you tried going to www.jw.org to find answers to your questions?
There is an article on disfellowshipping you may want to examine.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#94598 Feb 3, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Tennessee has to be in that top 10 also.
Did you read the story of the guy who saw his male dog humping another male dog and didn't want him any more because he thinks the dog is gay?
He took the dog to an animal shelter (fortunately the dog got a new, better home) and now EVERYONE knows how STUPID the former owner is.
http://fox4kc.com/2013/01/31/dog-owner-wanted...
The owner was never socialized correctly..he must of been reading the KJV for instructions. Tennessee is in the top 10 "if you ain't white you ain't right shirt state".
nakanj

Pikeville, KY

#94599 Feb 3, 2013
separation of church and state people! what part of that do you not understand?
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94600 Feb 3, 2013
nakanj wrote:
separation of church and state people! what part of that do you not understand?
ARE YOU A GENUINE CHRISTIAN?
It is vital for each person who claims to be a Christian to answer this question positively. Why? Because God’s approval depends thereon. Christianity is not merely a belief or a label, but a way of life. Does your way of life reflect Christ’s example? Does your religious practice match the Biblical quality of the early Christians?
The apostle Paul invites us:“Put yourselves to the proof, to see whether you are holding the Faith. Test yourselves.”(2 Corinthians 13:5, The Twentieth Century New Testament) To this end, we invite you to check the following short list, while looking up the cited scriptures in your own Bible.
1. Do you participate in national or political loyalties that cause divisions among professed Christians?—1 Corinthians 1:10; John 18:36; James 1:27.
2. How do you define Christian love?—1 Corinthians 13:4-8.
3. Do you, in practice, endeavor to show true neighbor love? How?—Matthew 22:39; John 13:34, 35.
4. Are you kind, tenderly compassionate and forgiving toward others?—Ephesians 4:31; Romans 12:10.
5. In your daily life, do you avoid lying, stealing, cheating and the use of obscene and abusive language?—Ephesians 5:3-5; 4:25-31.
6. Are you inclined to think that sexual morality is of minor importance?—Mark 7:20-23.
7. Do you tend to excesses in eating and drinking?—Proverbs 23:20, 21; Ephesians 5:18.
8. Do you try to communicate true Christian faith to others by word and deed?—Romans 10:9, 10; 1 Corinthians 9:16.
At what conclusion do you arrive? Do true Christians really exist today? Do you know of any who earnestly try to live like Christ and at the same time make a real effort to communicate their Christian belief and way of life to their neighbors? Does your own religion in fact teach and practice genuine Christianity? Or is this just an attractive label or impressive signature?
If you do not already know them personally, we suggest you take a closer look at Jehovah’s Witnesses in your vicinity and see if they are conscientiously endeavoring to measure up to the Bible standards considered above. If you do not know where they are located, we will be glad to help you to get in touch with them.—Isaiah 43:10-12; Acts 11:26.
www.jw.org

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#94601 Feb 3, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know the "Gentile times" ended in 1914? And define "Gentile times".

Location hidden

#94602 Feb 3, 2013
christianmorals wrote:
<quoted text>
I try not to be mean when they stop by. But I have to be honest. I either just say no and shut the door with a thank you or I ask them to explain why babies suffer and die. Either way the visits are incredibly short.

Location hidden

#94603 Feb 3, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"Do they have a book, rules, gold pillared halls and a mantra?"
Yes they do... and they have Priests & Clerics, and B'Levers that pass the collection plates... They will excommunicate blasphemers and (at the moment only metaphorically) burn the writers of blasphemous writings at the stake....
Based on all my experience on this topic what happens is BS is called out and reason tends to prevail over time.

But I'm aware that you feel the evidence is not compelling.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 37 min Nutz 151,262
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 48 min I can read 1,458
Julia wright 2 hr worst 4
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 4 hr Owl 81,598
White Hall School 6 hr Joe 18
enersys (Apr '10) 7 hr Richmond girl 132
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 7 hr Jennifer Renee 16,932
Missing teen girl in Berea (Jun '13) 10 hr --S-e-r-i-o-u-s-l... 7,313
•••
•••
•••

Richmond Jobs

•••