Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,467

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#94325 Jan 24, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the story, God was the one telling Adam, "Sit! Stay! Good boy!" and Satan Daddy was the one saying, "Think! Learn! Make something of yourselves!"
The arm up the butt was on Larry the Cable Guy's "Only in America" - something about artificial insemination and the virgin Elsie, wasn't it?
Cool dude, best explanation I've read yet. Satan Daddy gonna' have go some to top that. LMAO.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#94326 Jan 24, 2013
And prayer was never removed from school, only group prayer led by scool employees or officials. We see what happened when group prayer was in school, the bath school disaster, good thing we stopped that kind of prayer. If we banned prayer totally in school would all shootings stop, maybe, we should try it and see, having prayer of any sort in school does not seem to be working. Of course only real solutions will help, mythical critters like the christian's god do not exist.
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#94328 Jan 25, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Sounds like he used it as a guide....
Deuteronomy 20
New Living Translation (NLT)
Regulations concerning War
20 “When you go out to fight your enemies and you face horses and chariots and an army greater than your own, do not be afraid. The Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, is with you! 2 When you prepare for battle, the priest must come forward to speak to the troops. 3 He will say to them,‘Listen to me, all you men of Israel! Do not be afraid as you go out to fight your enemies today! Do not lose heart or panic or tremble before them. 4 For the Lord your God is going with you! He will fight for you against your enemies, and he will give you victory!’
5 “Then the officers of the army must address the troops and say,‘Has anyone here just built a new house but not yet dedicated it? If so, you may go home! You might be killed in the battle, and someone else would dedicate your house. 6 Has anyone here just planted a vineyard but not yet eaten any of its fruit? If so, you may go home! You might die in battle, and someone else would eat the first fruit. 7 Has anyone here just become engaged to a woman but not yet married her? Well, you may go home and get married! You might die in the battle, and someone else would marry her.’
8 “Then the officers will also say,‘Is anyone here afraid or worried? If you are, you may go home before you frighten anyone else.’ 9 When the officers have finished speaking to their troops, they will appoint the unit commanders.
10 “As you approach a town to attack it, you must first offer its people terms for peace. 11 If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. 12 But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. 13 When the Lord your God hands the town over to you, use your swords to kill every man in the town. 14 But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the plunder from your enemies that the Lord your God has given you.
15 “But these instructions apply only to distant towns, not to the towns of the nations in the land you will enter. 16 In those towns that the Lord your God is giving you as a special possession, destroy every living thing. 17 You must completely destroy[a] the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites, just as the Lord your God has commanded you. 18 This will prevent the people of the land from teaching you to imitate their detestable customs in the worship of their gods, which would cause you to sin deeply against the Lord your God.
19 “When you are attacking a town and the war drags on, you must not cut down the trees with your axes. You may eat the fruit, but do not cut down the trees. Are the trees your enemies, that you should attack them? 20 You may only cut down trees that you know are not valuable for food. Use them to make the equipment you need to attack the enemy town until it falls.
No!
Christianity = Love God with all your being!
= Love your neighbor!
= Lover your enemies!
= Jesus is/was a jew, and God loves His people, you don't kill them, you bless them!
IF Hitler was following what he learned from the Bible...
He would have followed the Bible, not gone against it!
"17 You must completely destroy[a] the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites, just as the Lord your God has commanded you."
I don't know what ALL their sins were, but burnning your children to a man made god was just one of them!
Hitler was NOT a Christian!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#94329 Jan 25, 2013
lover girl 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just know someone that kills innocence people has no heart and has no love, that is what Jesus taught in his teachings was love...It might be fiction to you but not to me, and as for history I'm not as well read as some!
Good post!
But the 'left' will never understand... just mock!
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

#94330 Jan 25, 2013
Not fooled wrote:
<quoted text>Have YOU ever read the bible? All Hitler did was follow your gods commands.
Read your bible before you talk about it, start with first timothy chapter two verse twelve (and remember this is not me saying this it is YOUR god)
What a Tard!
Hitler was closer to someone like you, than God!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#94331 Jan 25, 2013
lover girl 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL here we go, are you a Man of GOD I say not! and futher more Hitler was not a man of GOD I don't care what you say!
Good Post!
God tells us, that in the end times, these mockers will come out all over!
I know it's frustrating talking to any of them, as they have such
stupid arguements, and really do not want true answers!
You say it's white, they say it's black, but we know the
truth of it!
They will never understand... until the really WANT to understand!
God Bless you, and yours :-)
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#94332 Jan 25, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Then there were those wonderful Crusades...And those grand Spanish visits with their priests to convert the masses in the assorted lands... Wiping out the Inca civilization in the process... Then building churches along the California coast was great for the 250,000 indigenous people wiped out.....
What church were they from?
You'll have the answer!
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

#94333 Jan 25, 2013
ViceVersa wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously stressing this situation! What you believe is being placed under the microscope! Scrutiny and criticism all combined with rational & logical thinking tears apart what you 'think' is true with reality. I'm sorry you are stuck in this corporeal reality. Do not threaten us with fear and damnation!
She's not threatening you with anything!
She's warning you of demanding damnation!
God is real, and If you do not want God's grace, you WILL
have His Judgement...
YOUR Choice!
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

#94334 Jan 25, 2013
Not fooled wrote:
<quoted text>It is not that "it takes that many of us against you" It is that christians are a small minority of the population now that all christians are outnumbered by 5 to 1 .
Maqybe it is time for US to burn YOU at the stake, treating you freaks like you treated us. Than you can find out that your god does not exist.
You do know that every post you make Proves God, and the Bible?
And your numbers are off a bit...
You are in the minority, as 2/3 of the earths people believe IN a Higher power, a God!
God's existance does not rely on your belief!
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

#94335 Jan 25, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I think with a little bit of research you'll find that the reasons for insane violence are far more complex. The Bible still exists. 80+% of Americans are Christians. Violence still happens. If God is real, and if he cares about kids being killed, then why does he watch it happen and not lift a finger to stop it?
In other words, why does the God of the Bible behave exactly as if he does not exist at all?
Ponder it.
You ponder it...
NO one gets out of here ALIVE!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#94336 Jan 25, 2013
ViceVersa wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian and homosexual. See, it is possible.
"EX" pervert!
Cleansed by the Grace of God!
Get it right!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94339 Jan 25, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No!
Christianity = Love God with all your being!
= Love your neighbor!
= Lover your enemies!
= Jesus is/was a jew, and God loves His people, you don't kill them, you bless them!
IF Hitler was following what he learned from the Bible...
He would have followed the Bible, not gone against it!
"17 You must completely destroy[a] the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites, just as the Lord your God has commanded you."
I don't know what ALL their sins were, but burnning your children to a man made god was just one of them!
The lord your God
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>was NOT a Christian!

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#94340 Jan 25, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>
God's existance does not rely on your belief!
On the contrary, EVERY god's existance depends on the belief of its followers.
As devotion wanes, so does the "god's power."

No believers = no deity.

(Bye bye Yahweh. You had your run but your time is almost over.
You should have done better. We might have kept you.

If there was truly a "god," human beings deserved a better one.)
STupid Troll

Ashland, KY

#94341 Jan 25, 2013
Kellie Snakes is a witch!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#94343 Jan 25, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>What church were they from?
You'll have the answer!
No I don't....

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94344 Jan 25, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Good post!
But the 'left' will never understand... just mock!
What a confused little mind you have.
"The left"? Jesus protested the established conservatism of the temple. He paved the way for liberalism by removing the constraints of Deuteronomic and Mosaic Laws. He advocated social reform with "love thy neighbor as thy self" and "let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
If it were possible to restore you to sanity, you would recognize that many of the politics you protest are not ones that Jesus would have.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94345 Jan 25, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"EX" pervert!
Cleansed by the Grace of God!
Get it right!
You call someone a pervert because of the social stigma your ilk brands and condemns them with, and claim it is you who speaks for God against people who do not accept the artifices, dogmas, mythologies and doctrines that have been invented in, by and for the buildings, studies and offices full of men - those carnivorous institutions and delusive corporations you call "the church."

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#94346 Jan 25, 2013
Boots wrote:
I will never follow the beliefs of man, why?
Because beliefs of men destroys everything in his path.
You must be an atheist to think that way.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#94347 Jan 25, 2013
John "the booozer" Boehner

http://boehnerbooze.wordpress.com/

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94348 Jan 25, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>What church were they from?
You'll have the answer!
Transparent little man. You insinuate the church that wrote the Bible. The church that is the mother of all Christendom. The church that invented the entire fantastical route to eternal damnation and salvation. The church that has built myriads of schools to indoctrinate children to Christianity and has filled fields and cemeteries with corpses to that end.
Ah, then there is the church that says homosexuals can be married, that the Earth is over 6,000 years old, that the Sabbath is Saturday, that all other churches are part of "Babylon the Great", that Jesus will return to Missouri, the church that handles snakes and drinks poison, or the one that speaks in tongues.
But certainly NOT the church that was the hotbed and host of the KKK. THEY are A-OK.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sonia combs (Oct '09) 18 min monkey business 80
Mayor Barnes has helped Richmond Ky. Vote for B... 1 hr No-internet 25
No cable in the Sycamore Park or Banyans Subdiv... 1 hr No-internet 3
Minimum wage and Mitch McConnell 1 hr mother of 3 1
Police car chase in Richmond? 1 hr Reality 422
Donna Baird and Jimmy Barnes have got to lose 2 hr Voter 2
Charlie King 2 hr heck yeah 6
George Robbins is a certified nut case 2 hr heck yeah 8
Laura Durham King (May '13) Thu Sober 121
Richmond Dating