Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 159415 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#86920 Sep 7, 2012
Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL. For someone who thinks ignorance is dangerous, you display an awfully large amount of it.
1. Wandering eyes doesn't cause marriages to break up. Money Issues and infidelity do. Verifiable fact.
2. Being gay has NO relation to being raised by a mother only. That is also verifiable fact and debunked myth. Gays come from all family types. Looking for a "reason gays exist" to support your belief that single mothers are bad for children is just bupkis.
3. Pushing for one's rights shouldn't be a problem for anyone, UNLESS you want to continue to oppress those persons. Saying gays shouldn't seek equal rights and treatment because it will upset fundamentalists is hilarious. That is like telling a kid to just take it from the bully, because standing up for themselves may just make the bully mad.
Before making blanket characterizations, please do some thoughtful research, because ignorance really is dangerous.
All meant was having Lust doesn't help the situation, I wasn't trying to sound condemning to anyone. I was discussing the problems that Lust can cause. Not always, but it can. I wasn't trying to be extremely specific on any issue there.
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#86921 Sep 7, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I have 3 different styles of feeders, a couple with the yellow flowers. I'll keep them out there. 2 new birds this morning 1/4 the size of the regular ones.
I think I've got more than four now... Buzzing all around my house!
I opened the front door yesterday, and one buzzed upto the glass, stared right at me, hovered a bit, n split!
It was so cool!
Good luck with yours :-)
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#86922 Sep 7, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
So a bunch of Christians left out Jesus in order not to offend each other? Yeah, that makes more sense than the whole secular government thing.
Study up, n you'll see...
They were way more religious than most of you want to believe!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#86923 Sep 7, 2012
KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - They won't listen to me. The Old Testament was only meant for the Jewish people, not Gentiles.
Where do you place Romans 1, and every other NT book that says those things are bad?
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#86924 Sep 7, 2012
know wrote:
Another earthquake off costa rica...
Tens of thousands of DEAD FISH wash up on shore at lake Erie...
So the earthquakes are more numerous..? Hurricanes.. What explanation do U have for the fish? I'm sure they will b great ones..not anything to do with the world suffering labor pains..growing closer to the end??..na.... Lol....
Dead fish?
I'd say it was a methane release due to siezmec activity...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#86925 Sep 7, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I think I've got more than four now... Buzzing all around my house!
I opened the front door yesterday, and one buzzed upto the glass, stared right at me, hovered a bit, n split!
It was so cool!
Good luck with yours :-)
M'Lady and I have had dinner on the porch and had them fly up within inches of our faces , stop, look, back up, move forward then split...
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#86926 Sep 7, 2012
Thank God, the DNC is over!
I was impressed by a couple of things...
Gabby's Pledge... very moving!
What really got me was at the end...
NBC recapped the lies that was told by
each of them! WOW!
I guess the shakeup with MSN might have helped!
Now I cannot wait for the debates...
I think there will be Blood! LOL
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#86927 Sep 7, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
"Love is the most powerful weapon against hatred"
Why do christians hate so much?
Did your Grammy hate you?
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#86928 Sep 7, 2012
Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL. For someone who thinks ignorance is dangerous, you display an awfully large amount of it.
1. Wandering eyes doesn't cause marriages to break up. Money Issues and infidelity do. Verifiable fact.
2. Being gay has NO relation to being raised by a mother only. That is also verifiable fact and debunked myth. Gays come from all family types. Looking for a "reason gays exist" to support your belief that single mothers are bad for children is just bupkis.
3. Pushing for one's rights shouldn't be a problem for anyone, UNLESS you want to continue to oppress those persons. Saying gays shouldn't seek equal rights and treatment because it will upset fundamentalists is hilarious. That is like telling a kid to just take it from the bully, because standing up for themselves may just make the bully mad.
Before making blanket characterizations, please do some thoughtful research, because ignorance really is dangerous.
Finally, there is scientifically backed research to show what mainstream Americans have always known:

Homosexual-parenting is bad for children.

Mark Regnerus, a researcher at the University of Texas, just published his exhaustive findings, proving children raised by one or more homosexual parents were undeniably harmed by it.

This historic study finally debunks the Homosexual Lobby's myth that children raised in homosexual households turn out exactly the same as those raised in a stable home with a mother and a father.

When compared to children raised by a traditional family, the children of homosexual parents are 3 or even 4 times more likely to indulge in self-destructive habits.

They are also 3 to 4 times more likely to indulge in homosexual activities than kids with a mother and a father in the home.

And maybe the most horrifying revelation, the rate of sexual abuse among these children from parental figures was staggeringly higher...

Not surprisingly, the establishment’s very first reaction was to smear Mr. Regnerus’reputation and attempt to drive him out of academia.

His own university -- acting in support of the Homosexual Agenda -- immediately opened investigations into his research methods, claiming that the results must have been altered.

However, once officials familiarized themselves with his work, they were forced to unequivocally admit that the research was one-hundred percent sound.

Of course even after their endorsement, the pro-homosexual establishment is still insisting that it’s all “lies” and “hate.”

But you and I know better.

Public Advocate has fought for more than 30 years against homosexual adoption.
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#86929 Sep 7, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> well, giving credit where credit is due - nice of you to care about these little animals, unless you have some sinister intent. in case of Q my guess it is to lure good subjects for beautiful and or interesting photographs, I do not think either of you are entirely bad persons, and it is nice to see you being nice to each other on a subject where you both seem to be doing something good. or perhaps I misunderstand?....
"unless you have some sinister intent"
Is it that hard for you to believe...
I Love ALL of God's creatures...
Even the ones that are so screwed up, that they do not know how screwed up they are! I was one!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#86930 Sep 7, 2012
KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
Easier in that the law is easier to understand and live by.
Yes, and easier to gain Heaven, as John 3:16 states...
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#86931 Sep 7, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
M'Lady and I have had dinner on the porch and had them fly up within inches of our faces , stop, look, back up, move forward then split...
They are so cool! So fragile...
How do they nest? I've got a ceramic bird house hanging, and nothing has moved in...
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#86932 Sep 7, 2012
Good night all, it's been a long day!
Sleep well :-)

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#86933 Sep 7, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>They are so cool! So fragile...
How do they nest? I've got a ceramic bird house hanging, and nothing has moved in...
They won't nest in anything you out up... They look for out of the way places deep in thick cover... But remember they are migratory birds, like ducks, and will more than likely be just passing through...
others

New Haven, KY

#86934 Sep 7, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> whom they hurt, and themselves - those mistakes seem to indicate that you wrote that comment in your own words. but did you have a source that influenced your thinking? it at least seemed well-meaning. but I would not feel at all sure about the details, or examples, or what else you believe. do we know you under another name? do you comment here often?
yes , I am so sorry , forgot to change the name from another post. Oh well as you said far from being perfect....... We all carry many names as well as many faces, dont ya think? I think what I do , until proven otherwise. Things are never really what they seem, or at least not what you are wanting...Great Day to you.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#86935 Sep 8, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Study up, n you'll see...
They were way more religious than most of you want to believe!
So? It doesn't matter. James Madison could have been a dogmatic Fundamentalist who wept over a cross every 30 minutes and it doesn't change the fact that he wanted the government and the church to be kept apart in order to protect them both.

Hence, no Jesus language in the Constitution.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#86936 Sep 8, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Finally, there is scientifically backed research to show what mainstream Americans have always known:
Homosexual-parenting is bad for children.
Mark Regnerus, a researcher at the University of Texas, just published his exhaustive findings, proving children raised by one or more homosexual parents were undeniably harmed by it.
This historic study finally debunks the Homosexual Lobby's myth that children raised in homosexual households turn out exactly the same as those raised in a stable home with a mother and a father.
When compared to children raised by a traditional family, the children of homosexual parents are 3 or even 4 times more likely to indulge in self-destructive habits.
They are also 3 to 4 times more likely to indulge in homosexual activities than kids with a mother and a father in the home.
And maybe the most horrifying revelation, the rate of sexual abuse among these children from parental figures was staggeringly higher...
Not surprisingly, the establishment’s very first reaction was to smear Mr. Regnerus’reputation and attempt to drive him out of academia.
His own university -- acting in support of the Homosexual Agenda -- immediately opened investigations into his research methods, claiming that the results must have been altered.
However, once officials familiarized themselves with his work, they were forced to unequivocally admit that the research was one-hundred percent sound.
Of course even after their endorsement, the pro-homosexual establishment is still insisting that it’s all “lies” and “hate.”
But you and I know better.
Public Advocate has fought for more than 30 years against homosexual adoption.
The study itself is a fascinating debate. Your post is a fascinating study in propaganda. Consider the language you're using. Scientists don't speak in terms of studies being "100%" sound. That is the way this is filtered through a giddy homophobic community. Even the author of the paper does not talk that way and makes no such claims.

I don't know the meat of the study but I'd be willing to bet money the claims you're making here about it are incorrect, at least in their degrees.

I will reserve judgement on the study until I know more about it but I know a fart when I smell it and this post is stinky.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#86937 Sep 8, 2012
The forces of ignorance are against teaching children about religion. Don't let the stupid lead the ignorant; protect your right to practice your faith even in public schools.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#86938 Sep 8, 2012
Yiago wrote:
So? It doesn't matter. James Madison could have been a dogmatic Fundamentalist who wept over a cross every 30 minutes and it doesn't change the fact that he wanted the government and the church to be kept apart in order to protect them both. Hence, no Jesus language in the Constitution.
Do you want the government to stop funding the arts, to protect them both?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#86939 Sep 8, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
The forces of ignorance are against teaching children about religion. Don't let the stupid lead the ignorant; protect your right to practice your faith even in public schools.
ROFL!!! The stupid leading the ignorant!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lashana medley and ronnie parker druggies 21 min I dont know where 2
Missing teen girl in Berea (Jun '13) 40 min No more initials 8,106
Meijer 52 min Meijer employee 24
I Just Want To Say 1 hr Irrelevant 18
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 1 hr Doobie Time 40,319
ODs Last Night 1 hr Tip 4
Not sure how long I can keep this up 1 hr Meee 8
KSP Shoots Another Innocent man Sat For square 122

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web