Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,452

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#86032 Aug 22, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"So you say, but cannot demonstrate" - Q
I happen not to be a preachers kid, and "was" a dope head, and a ho!
I thank God... I am not now what I was!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#86033 Aug 22, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>This is the truth. Even today people who do not believe in god will say they do to escape the stigma placed on them by the christian cult.
I am a perfect example, I have recieved over one hundred death threats from members of the christian cult ranging from shooting me to burning my home down with me in it. The religion of love? Nope, the christian cult is all about hate!
"I am a perfect example"
Yes.... yes you are!
This list is long, but starts with
"Tard", and
ends with
"Liar"!
If you recieved ANY death threats...
It was of your own doing...
Like the lesbian that "Claimed" she was attacked
by three haters of gays...
Turns out... she was arrested for making false reports!
I say... it runs in your family!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#86034 Aug 22, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
So you know for a fact that each of these threats came from a "Christian"? They indicated they were Christian prior to making the threat? They said "I am a Christian and I am going to shoot you"?
I do not agree with any death threat, but they were probably idle threats from people who disliked your negative, nasty, hate inspired attitude.
Great post!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#86035 Aug 22, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
@AreyouKidding, before you tell me I should not judge YOU because of what some nut did ask yourself if you condemn the Muslim religion because of what a few fanatics have done.
YOU are just as guilty of killing Doctors and employees at womens clinics and burning down the womens clinics as the christian nuts who did it.(and no, I do not believe abortion should be used as birth control and yes, it is murder)
Hey dipstick...
In our book... it say to love our enemies....
in their book... it says to lie to, and KILL their enemies!
Do you know WHO their enemies are?
Go ahead... take a guess!
Ok,
Ok,
I'll tell you....
EVERYONE....
Everyone who is NOT a muslim!
That means...
God haters,
gays,
lesbians,
republicans,
democrats,
liberals,
and
their children, that do not accept islam...
will die, or be subjugated...
Read up on it!
1700 years... the Religion of "Peace" has
done NOTHING Peacefull....
The funny part is....
people like you talk about a few Christian that handle snakes...
but do not understand...
You are french kissing a Cobra!
Good luck with that!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#86036 Aug 22, 2012
Wings of a Dove wrote:
<quoted text>You bunch of silly people get on here with all these made up evil sounding names when half of you work at Burger king. You need to grow up for the first thing. Secondly your father the devil is a liar and the father of all lies..you swallowed it all.. hook,line and sinker. Thirdly, tonight your soul just might be required of you. Better be sure of this decision you have made to talk this garbage because it is forever, and forever is a long, long time. Fourthly you have NEVER preserved one second of your own life. It is by the Grace of God that you take your next breath. Ever see a terminally ill person who could preserve his life when his number is up? Fifthly, no, all life is not sacred to you. That also is a dirty lie. You are a hater of all God stands for and all who stand for God. I don't ever have to say which God because there is only one. You will be meeting Him one day and I hope He can find one more ounce of mercy for your soul. The preachers, teachers, and the Bible teaches us of the love of God, who taught you to love the evil one? You've been greatly deceived because there is no love in him. If you only knew how he is laughing at you and the joke he has pulled on you!
Great post!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#86037 Aug 22, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>"you don't even know me" You are the MonkeyunMensch "defender" you are well known, soon you will start on evolution being a lie. I would think a talking snake and donkey would be more suspect, Just Saying. Read the bible, christianity is Hate.
Wrong!
You just percieve it to be!
after all... you believe in evilution!
Hahahahahaha!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#86038 Aug 22, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
One nation "under god", is forcing a belief on people against their will.
The "in god we trust" on money, is forcing a belief on people against their will.
You can move!
Blessed is the Nation, who's God is the Lord!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#86039 Aug 22, 2012
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
And they still laugh and scoff at God and Bible.
Yes they do!
Imagine their surprise... when....
in the twinkling of an eye...
Wow!
God Bless!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#86040 Aug 22, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you tell me if any of these sects of religion are acceptable to God as true christianity. If they any teach satanic doctrines,which ones?
1. Jehovah Witnesses
2. Seventh Day Advantist
3. Mormon (LDS)
4. Catholic
5. Pentecostal
Hahahhahahaha!
The Question that you should be asking...
"Am I acceptable to God?"
because ALL of these are closer than you...
I notice you didn't stick FSM in the list!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#86041 Aug 22, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"not as bad as christianity but still nuts."
Say Whut!... Desecrating the Quran there is a Capital Offense...
You can roll a joint, or wipe your arse with the Bible...
we won't get too upset, and definitly will NOT kill you!
It's only the words for Life, and there's another one to replace it...
I guess they stopped printing the quran... running short!
LOL
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#86042 Aug 22, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a sec... He love us but it is too late for some? So he loves Us but if we don't B'Leve a certain way we get to go to a tormenting hell? You have no idea how Ignorant that sounds do you?
It don't sound ignorant at all!
John
3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten
Son, that whoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have
everlasting life.
3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the
world, but that the world through him may be saved.
3:18 He that believeth on him, is not condemned: but he that
believeth not, is condemned already, because he hath not
believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.
3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the
world, and men have loved darkness rather than light, because
their deeds were evil.
3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither
cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
What sounds ignorant....
Is people NOT taking this Free gift!
If it was a $10 wal-mart gift card... you'd be all over it
like white on rice!
That's the ignorant part!
If you WANT God... He's there!
If you do NOT want God, why should He force Himself on you?
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#86043 Aug 22, 2012
sad wrote:
One huge con! You can have love and be kind to others without this imaginary guy up in the sky. Funny how christians believe they hold the market on morals and humanity and the rest of us are "evil doers".
What morals do you have?
What against God do you do that keeps you from wanting God?
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#86044 Aug 22, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I can judge you now LIAR! Our forefathers found it so important to protect us from the christian cult that they made the first thing in the Constitution freedom from religion, the first thing stated in the Treaty of Tripoli is that America was NOT founded on christian beliefs and the pledge was changed in the 1950's which is when the motto was put on money. NOW YOU HAVE SHOWN YOUR TRUE SELF LIAR!
Wrong!
Hahahaha...
You are a Liar!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#86045 Aug 22, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Silly made up names like "wings of a dove"?
As for the working at a fast food place that would be more honest than unemployment and welfare. You just PROVED that the christian church is about money and social status. Typical christian looking down your nose at people! Yep, the christian cult is all about money and social status!
Hahahaha!
Wrong again!
If you are worried about social status...
Get out of your gutter...
Or stay there... it is your free choice!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#86046 Aug 22, 2012
what wrote:
<quoted text> Liberty University wouldn't be a little biased would they? Religion has no place in the first amendment, or any others. Clearly they do not understand what the first amendment protects us from....religious freak shows
You do not have to attend!
In fact I call your being here in question...
If you wanted nothing to do with religion... why, oh why
are you here?
Move to another topic....
Like "why am I so hateful to good people"
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#86047 Aug 22, 2012
what wrote:
<quoted text> Funny, I can name two preachers kids who I went to school with, the son is a dope head and had a failed marriage, the girl was spreading it in school at the drop of a hat and has cheated on her husband numerous times.(while working in the church ironically enough) I believe they are now in Jellico. As for me, my father was in public service, on my first marriage to a beautiful wife and mother of 19 years and have outstanding children who have never stepped foot in a church. Humans are just that. Hiding behind a book while pretending to be ever so righteous is just hypocritical and not a trait I consider desirable. I'm sure your god would agree.
Wow... you hang all that on two people, when the Bible states...
We ALL fall short of the Glory of God!
I am happy you have a good family, know you would not let your kids ride in a car without seatbelts...
An elder in our church passed away a while back....
and as soon as I heard it, "Blessed assurance" started playing in my head, as I had a smile on my face...
you see...
He, his wife, and ALL of his kids, and grandchildren are Saved!
We've only a few short years left on this planet!
Where are your children going to go, and why would you let them go any place but heaven?
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#86048 Aug 22, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually freedom "of" religion is a constitutionally guaranteed right of the First Amendment. I noticed you wrote freedom "from" religion which has a totally different meaning. It also states Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free excercise thereof. This was a means of separating church and state and ensuring a national church could not be established and to ensure no religion would benefit over another. Four of those involved in creating the constitution were ministers and several others were sons of ministers. The vast majority belonged to a church and considered themselves Christians.
The purpose of making that statement in the Treaty of Tripoli was based on separation of church and state. "No pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interuption of harmony existing between the two countries". As this was a treaty between two countries, they had to ensure this separation.
The Pilgrims who came to America on the Mayflower were seeking freedom of religion and escape from religious persecution. They sought a new life in America where they could practice religion in the manner they chose.
I will not lower myself to call you names. That is part of your problem. You can't just state your point of view. You must call people names and be totally disrespectful of anyone elses views or opinions.
Great post!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#86049 Aug 22, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I had ancestors on the Mayflower. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the puritans the ones who murdered people as witches? And again, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't teaching the New Testament in schools violate the religious rights of non-Christians?
No!
"Elective"... say it with me...
"E"
"L"
"E"
"C"
"T"
"I"
"V"
"E"
The Bible is IN Our History... Like it or not!
Some kids might LIKE to take the class....
So... your gripe is only with God...
You'll have to fix that on yer own!
wronged

Morgantown, KY

#86050 Aug 22, 2012
How wonderful that must be for him to know he would see them all again someday. One question though how do you know for sure that once saved always saved? Does the bible not say repent? If you were always saved why would you have a need to do that? Just wanted your outlook on that. I hope and pray everyone including my children make it to heaven. But I cant get anyone there but me, myself and I , can only try and steer them in that direction hoping we all make it.
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#86051 Aug 22, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>If you have freedom of religion you have the right to be free from religion as well.
I hate it when you christians keep lying. Our founding fathers where not christians and they where against the church.
http://freethought.mbdojo.com/foundingfathers...
read their words on religion. Most of them where agnostic, believing in a suprem being but not the christian version.(how I am)
It is also a lie that the people came here for religious freedom, SOME DID, but MOST came here for financial reasons.
If history is to be told it should be told truthfully, the majority of the people on the mayflower where not christians and did not join the mayflower compact.
Name calling? Stop lying and trying to force your cult on every part of society and I will stop telling people the truth about your cult.
We should teach Satanism in public schools and Muslim, Buddhism, Hinduism anything except the hate filled violence loving christian cult!
Hahahahaha!
Wrong again!
You would know the truth if it was tattooed on yer eyelids, and
even then you'd lie!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 4 min pud 29,362
Madison county home incarnation disband 6 min Wonderin 2
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 9 min pud 17,723
Word Association (Jul '10) 13 min pud 19,575
Hookers in Richmond 14 min black 39
Joh Hensley 14 min Almost Amused 2
How Am I Supposed to Climb The Ladder of Succes... 16 min Ed Hieronymus 501
Richmond Dating
Find my Match

Richmond People Search