Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 156451 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#84245 Jul 30, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says
Ayreshire:wrote
Albuquerque, NM post#34550
While Westerners tend to think that all religions encourage some form of the golden rule, Sharia teaches two systems of ethics - one for Muslims and another for non-Muslims. Building on tribal practices of the seventh century, Sharia encourages the side of humanity that wants to take from and subjugate others.
While Westerners tend to think in terms of religious people developing a personal understanding of and relationship with God, Sharia advocates executing people who ask difficult questions that could be interpreted as criticism.
It's hard to imagine, that in this day and age, Islamic scholars agree that those who criticize Islam or choose to stop being Muslim should be executed. Sadly, while talk of an Islamic reformation is common and even assumed by many in the West, such murmurings in the Middle East are silenced through intimidation.
While Westerners are accustomed to an increase in religious tolerance over time, Darwish explains how petro dollars are being used to grow an extremely intolerant form of political Islam in her native Egypt and elsewhere.
In twenty years, there will be enough Muslim voters in the U.S. to elect the President by themselves! Rest assured they will do so... You can look at how they have taken over several towns in the USA. Dearborn Mich. is one... and there are others.
I think everyone in the U.S. should be required to read this, but with the ACLU, there is no way this will be widely publicized, unless each of us sends it on!
It is too bad that so many are disillusioned with life and Christianity to accept Muslims as peaceful.... some may be but they have an army that is willing to shed blood in the name of Islam, the peaceful support the warriors with their finances and own kind of patriotism to their religion. While America is getting rid of Christianity from all public sites and erasing God from the lives of children, the Muslims are planning a great jihad on America .
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TB2GI1T...
Great post!
Do you see the end now?
They kill their own for leaving islam...
What do you think they do with gays???
We pray for them... they smash them with concrete blocks!
Christianity IS Better all the time!

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#84246 Jul 30, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahaha!
I know, I know....
It is funny how all these scientists claim to have great theories on how it was all made, and some go to great lengths to prove their hypothosis, and sware that it has to be this way...
Even if they have not one drop of proof...
ALL they know is... they cannot have God in that picture...
And it IS the simplest answer....
Now... You tell me what they are afraid of?
Their funding running out, as the Higgs Boson was running out of money.... They HAD to find something, or their gravy train was comint to the end of the track...
"Quick! lets make up something!"
Point out proof that "One" of those lines is the 'god' particle!
Hahahahaha!
God did it!
it even takes care of the Multi-verse... LOL
Your rambling makes me question if you are nuts or just drunk.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84247 Jul 30, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahahaha!
"WOW.
I hardly know where to start."
I do!
You are Wrong!
God is real... end of story!
Hope this helps...
I've got links too, If you need further help!
Yet you do not post any links. HMMM guess you aint got nothun
You are a good example of why christians shall be kept away from children

That is exact;y how you teach children in the christian cult; Here is proof" "where?" "DO NOT QUESTION GOD!"
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#84248 Jul 30, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well both sides pull the same stuff I seem to remember this past Christmas my Facebook page was always covered with people wanting to boycott certain stores because they said "happy holidays " instead of "merry christmas" ..every day there would be a long list of stores that people should avoid ..here's the thing these businesses are how these folks make their living ..I find it very low to cut into someone's livelihood just because you don't agree with their views ,or they don't greet customers to the liking of a certain group , it goes along the same line as forcing religious beliefs on someone
WOW!
You finally said something I can agree with!
If you'll notice I posted earlier to Mike about Christians wanting to boycott JCP! Of course Mike missed, and twisted the point...
We ALL LIVE in the USA.... Let's act like it!

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84249 Jul 30, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I know, Right?
Watching the SCIHD channel....
Gosh they speak as if they were there, and have ultimate proof
of Life coming from comets, n stuff...
When it's as easy as "God said"!
If we wanted to be rich, all we'd have to do is
make up some story of how life began in the prehistory of the earth,
and say wild crazy things, they'd eat it with a shovel...
But alas... we'd have to lie as they do, and that
goes against our grain...
Sad... what L Ron Hubbard did for Scientology...
Dawkins is doing to Science!
If you keep drinking this much you will pickle your liver. Of course you can just pray for a new one, hope some one else dies so you can get their liver and live.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84251 Jul 30, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahahahaha!
"you can not face truth or fact"
Hahhahahaha!
PLEASE, PLEASE POST SOME TRUTH OR FACT. All you do is say "wrong" and add NOTHING OF VALUE. You say "here is a link" but do not post the link because YOU HAVE NO TRUTH OR FACT.
Really I BEG YOU TO POST SOME TRUTH OR FACT

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84252 Jul 30, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>WOW!
You finally said something I can agree with!
If you'll notice I posted earlier to Mike about Christians wanting to boycott JCP! Of course Mike missed, and twisted the point...
We ALL LIVE in the USA.... Let's act like it!
As batshit insane as you are if you ever agree with me I will seek mental health help
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#84253 Jul 30, 2012
orange crush wrote:
<quoted text>
God is real? Now suppose you produce some concrete measurable scientific proof to back up this claim.
First...
You have to get on yer knees, n pray!
You'll get proof... IF you repent!
God is real!
I'm still alive, and better yet...
Forgiven, and a new heart!
God is Great!
:-)
defender

London, KY

#84254 Jul 30, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
On gun control. If some one is going to rob or kill some one do you think they will care about one more law? And if law abiding people do not have guns would we not be at the total mercy of the criminals?
Oh, and China, lets not forget how the people of China are treated by the government that does not allow them to have guns....
Careful now you're starting to sound like a right-winger ... The only thing that we have agreed on...
defender

London, KY

#84255 Jul 30, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Churches do not teach about homosexuality. At least they do not tell any truths about homosexuality. So schools need to. Churches teach religion, so schools do not need to.

Basically, schools have to set straight the lies churches tell about homosexuality. Stop churches from telling lies and schools may not have to tell the kids the full truth on the subject.
Um... Just wondering... What is the truth about homosexuality?...

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84256 Jul 30, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Great post!
Do you see the end now?
They kill their own for leaving islam...
What do you think they do with gays???
We pray for them... they smash them with concrete blocks!
Christianity IS Better all the time!
Like in Psalms 137 verse 9 Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!???
You are nuts, coo coo, crazy as a loon, or a total drunk.(because no one can be that stupid)
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#84257 Jul 30, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Retailers (Wal-mart and Chick-Fil-A for example)don't do a great deal to manufacture a product that boosts the GNP. Most of their employment and product is in domestic sales.
Local people work at these places, but the profits still end up in Benton and Atlanta. Whatever way you slice it, that money is exported from local economies.
As far as whether the products are US or foreign, read the label - it usually tells you. I routinely look for and buy American made merchandise. If I have to pay a couple bucks more for something that's going to last a few years, it's worth it to me.
I don't often buy or boycott based on the latest media hype, but in my book, Ralph Lauren struck out when he had the Olympic uniforms made in China. That ticks me off more than Cathy does.
Aint that the truth!
What was he thinking?

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84258 Jul 30, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful now you're starting to sound like a right-winger ... The only thing that we have agreed on...
I can not accept the left or right because some issues just are not that simple. I guess I would be a human rights party member but nether party gives a crap about anything except money.
There is no crime where I live, none. Every one owns at least a shotgun (some have hunting rifles) and there are no robberies or home invasions. The Sheriff dept. has not had to come down our road one time in 32 years. Why? What keeps criminals out of our community? Why good old fashioned neighbors that will shoot them.
defender

London, KY

#84259 Jul 30, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I know, Right?
Watching the SCIHD channel....
Gosh they speak as if they were there, and have ultimate proof
of Life coming from comets, n stuff...
When it's as easy as "God said"!
If we wanted to be rich, all we'd have to do is
make up some story of how life began in the prehistory of the earth,
and say wild crazy things, they'd eat it with a shovel...
But alas... we'd have to lie as they do, and that
goes against our grain...
Sad... what L Ron Hubbard did for Scientology...
Dawkins is doing to Science!
Read Romans 1:18-27... These are exactly the people we are arguing with... Loved the creation more than the creator...
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#84260 Jul 30, 2012
orange crush wrote:
<quoted text>
Ship's captains could see the "curvature of the horizon" and still feared dropping off the edge of Earth.
American Indian tribes slept under that stars and thought they were the campfires of their ancestors.
Early Scientists were the first to think the earth was a disk floating in the ocean!
Every year we find more of what the ancients knew about a we thought they didn't... ask Q!
defender

London, KY

#84261 Jul 30, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't ask you what the law was ...you said everyone should have a gun ...so do you think just because they let them drive , that EVERYBODY should drive ?
Look I don't want guns in crazy hands anymore than you do... My point is that it really doesn't matter what the law says... If they want one bad enough they going to get them.., Have we learned nothing from Al Capone or the drug wars of the 80s and 90s?
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#84262 Jul 30, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
PIFFLE! "He took them to a place WHERE God's Glory would be best displayed" You reduce God to a carny showman? Are you a Pharaoh, demanding miracles of God for proof and amusement? Moses had already done that - God didn't need to set a stage for more theatrics.
If I were in a crowd of escaped slaves running for our collective lives do you think I would run toward a bonfire? "HERE I AM! HERE I AM!"
I never said they didn't find artifacts in the Red Sea - I said they were likely to - just not the ones you WISH were there. BIBLE SCHOLARS are the ones that came up with the much more likely scenario that Moses led them between the lakes - take it up with them!
"We cannot have God doing all He says He did!"
40 MEN wrote the Bible, COMMITTEES assembled it.
What don't you understand about that?
http://thebibletrial.org/
Study up!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#84263 Jul 30, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, wasn't me... Now he thinks your hittin on him....
Hahaha!
He did have that look, now that you mention it...
He did look like yer picture!
How many scruffy dudes ride bikes anyways?
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#84264 Jul 30, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately for you, we aren't up against a deity, just a couple superstitious blatherskites who idolize a musty old book.
No!
Yer up against people who were saved by the Living God!
Book or not!
Chew on that!
God is real... get to know him!

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84265 Jul 30, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> http://thebibletrial.org/
Study up!
A few freaks quoting the bible is not truth or facts. You tell people to shut up when they post the truth and facts. Why dont you shut up and think about how wrong you are, how wrong your warped fantasy is.
Until you can post something of substance you are showing yourself to be a weak little girl going "is too, is too"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 1 hr Fungail 39,569
In The Morning 1 hr Harley Quinn 8
EKU Aramark (Mar '10) 1 hr Seth 69
Big Wayne barrett 5 hr looking 2
Essmer Collins 7 hr Essmer Collins 2
Missing teen girl in Berea (Jun '13) 11 hr hope 8,052
I have begged and begged 11 hr Maurice 3
I Want To know What I Can Do 12 hr lametastic 920

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web