Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 163841 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#80468 Jun 16, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> that is your loss. someday you will be sorry you did not believe in it. the glitter might be very pretty and you might see it if you believed in it. as an agnostic about the glitter, I am worried I might not get to see it if it is pretty. but something is disgusting about it being poop, so I will take the chance of missing seeing it.
Oh Ye of little Faith.....
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#80469 Jun 16, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>O poor thing, so you know god controls satan.
that was to pforc, but you mentioned the job story. have you read j. b., by archibald macleish? I like that version.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#80470 Jun 16, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Christians follow the teachings of christ, or so they say, I have seen no evidence of that, so I treat them as they are, hypocrites.
I am not sure which teachings you refer to. I think many follow the teachings of the Paulist version of Christ, and not the nicer words of the alleged Jesus. I think many follow the view that Jesus died for their sins. And a few also believe in being nice when it is not too much bother. a very few are also good and kind in brave ways. a tiny group want to make the world better, and are not relying on God to make everything be OK in the end. Those are the liberation types, that I like. bless the nuns who are being persecuted by this disgusting evil old Pope ratty.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#80471 Jun 16, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Ye of little Faith.....
exactly! I will accept that praise. thank you.(with apologies to flying reindeer and invisible flying unicorns, and the pink hippo the the FSM)

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#80472 Jun 16, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> No it isn't. I am not pro-abortion. I am pro-life in the largest sense of all - cursing a rotten God for having pain and suffering and death is the essence of being a real pro-life person. The substitution of nature and the laws of nature takes away the ability to blame it, since that is not an intentional being, but it does not lessen the disapproval. i am anti-rotten wars, anti-vivisection, anti-drunk driving. I am very pro-life. the right sort , and the real sort, of prolife. and I am for the good life too! including the wine and mushroom sauce and spaghetti and chocolate - but more against pain, than for pleasure, because nature is capable of inflicting such awful pain on poor innocent little beings, human and animal. That is what I mean by pro-life. and it is not fluff.
For you, I agree.

#80473 Jun 16, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> but it is OK to lie a nation into war, and kill young soldiers? you are the hypocrite! you support all sorts of anti-life policies with your rightwing political views.
Not in the least... I have no issue with Justified Abortion... I have no problem with Justified War, Justified Killing .. Under US Constitutional Law.... I do not make my views based on emotional hyperbole... I have no emotional connection to Abortion, War, Life or Death... I don't care in the least if a bunch or folks in some other country kill each other en mass...

What I do think is that I live in the United States which is a nation of Constitutional Law and as such Abortion, War, Death Penalty or any taking of Human life Inside the US need be Justified Under Law... The Taking of Human Life by US Military need be Justified Under US Law and screw the Emotional aspect...

Not one hypocritical aspect in my position...

Life is a Right but can be taken if Justified under the Law...
Liberty is a Right but can be taken if Justified under the Law..
Pursuit of Happiness is a Right but can be halted if Justified under the Law...

“There is no god.”

USA

#80474 Jun 16, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> I am not sure which teachings you refer to. I think many follow the teachings of the Paulist version of Christ, and not the nicer words of the alleged Jesus. I think many follow the view that Jesus died for their sins. And a few also believe in being nice when it is not too much bother. a very few are also good and kind in brave ways. a tiny group want to make the world better, and are not relying on God to make everything be OK in the end. Those are the liberation types, that I like. bless the nuns who are being persecuted by this disgusting evil old Pope ratty.
"I am not sure which teachings you refer to."

I am an atheist, it is all bull excrement. I just play by their rules, I speak to them as they believe, as in, their god exists to them and the bible is the truth.

“For The Love Of GOD”

Since: Nov 11

Awaiting My Home

#80475 Jun 16, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>So you use the ot also, good, jesus did not fullfill the prophecies.
"Use it"? I've read the entire Bible endless times. Not from beginning to end like a novel. I live through the NT and New Covenant. Without the death of the Testator there is no Testament. Jesus died and is alive thus fulfilling the prophecies of God's prophets.

#80476 Jun 16, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> but it is OK to lie a nation into war, and kill young soldiers? you are the hypocrite! you support all sorts of anti-life policies with your rightwing political views.
"All I can do is Explain it to you, I cannot Understand it for You" - Q

“For The Love Of GOD”

Awaiting My Home

#80477 Jun 16, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>I thought you do not degrade others, I guess we can just throw honesty out the window.
That is not degrading. Our bodies are but a shell. Our spiritual bodies will not be flesh and bones as they are now. Our body is only a temporary home. Our permanent home will be eternal. Where that may be is a spiritual matter.

This life is but a blink of the eye compared to what God has planned for those that love Him.

“There is no god.”

USA

#80478 Jun 16, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> that was to pforc, but you mentioned the job story. have you read j. b., by archibald macleish? I like that version.
Maybe, is that where in the end he rejects religion?

“There is no god.”

USA

#80479 Jun 16, 2012
Peace For Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Use it"? I've read the entire Bible endless times. Not from beginning to end like a novel. I live through the NT and New Covenant. Without the death of the Testator there is no Testament. Jesus died and is alive thus fulfilling the prophecies of God's prophets.
No the prophecies are clear and jesus is not the messiah.
sneaking one in_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

#80480 Jun 16, 2012
Peace For Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not degrading. Our bodies are but a shell. Our spiritual bodies will not be flesh and bones as they are now. Our body is only a temporary home. Our permanent home will be eternal. Where that may be is a spiritual matter.
This life is but a blink of the eye compared to what God has planned for those that love Him.
Can you cast out demons?

Have you ever talk to the Satan or a demon?

Can you list 10 christian churches that a influence by demonic teachings? If you cannot name 10 just list any you many know.

“There is no god.”

USA

#80482 Jun 16, 2012
Peace For Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you when you claim your body is a shell, which in turn is filled with mythical wonders. But my body is filled with real things and you were degrading it by saying it was a shell, unless you are really degrading what I believe in, which is still degrading. Seems you're degrading and dishonest.

“There is no god.”

USA

#80483 Jun 16, 2012
Socks R Us wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fluff" you say?? I love to fluff. Take a shower, go for a spin and then a nice warm fluff. Doesn't get any better than that.
;o~
Lol, don't you socks have a shoe at home.

“There is no god.”

USA

#80485 Jun 16, 2012
Socks R Us wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Just a puppy that likes to drag me around. LOL
BTW, I like your sense of humor.
Funny that was, and I like a good pair of socks you and pastor are our first pair, welcome.

“For The Love Of GOD”

Awaiting My Home

#80486 Jun 16, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Your god does said this also,
Ezekiel 9:5-7
King James Version (KJV)
5And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:
6Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.
7And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.
And before you go there, the bible is gods word.
It is God's Word and God is boss. I don't question His decisions. That does not mean I agree with all of them, as I don't. It's kind of like Paul Harvey. I'm sure there is much more to it that we haven't been made aware of or may not even be able to comprehend as mortals. The Rest of the Story, described as a blend of mystery and history, which Paul Harvey was known for could also be said of God. Perhaps one day we may be privy to the rest of the story ....
Believer

Jamestown, KY

#80488 Jun 16, 2012
my view wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming in this thread makes a person know that many in this world need God in their life. Almost takes your breath when you read some of their comments. I read a church sign today when I was out doing an errand. Eternity is a long time. Those who do not believe have no idea what they are facing. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.
Amen

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#80489 Jun 16, 2012
Peace For Christ wrote:
<quoted text>It is God's Word and God is boss. I don't question His decisions. That does not mean I agree with all of them, as I don't. It's kind of like Paul Harvey. I'm sure there is much more to it that we haven't been made aware of or may not even be able to comprehend as mortals. The Rest of the Story, described as a blend of mystery and history, which Paul Harvey was known for could also be said of God. Perhaps one day we may be privy to the rest of the story ....
Let's pretend God speaks directly to you and commands you kill your son, or your daughter. Do you follow God's command or not?

“For The Love Of GOD”

Awaiting My Home

#80490 Jun 16, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Good day, and yes god is responsible for all murders.
No, no, no. Hogwash. Jesus was the last sacrifice. God kills no one now. Man does. Satan does. The natural course of life and disease does. That is the result of the original sin. The wages of sin is death. We all sin and we will all die. But, life doesn't truly begin until death.

2 Samuel 14:

14 Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 41,458
The Unremarkable History of Edturd 2 hr Grift 629
found dog 4 hr Yorkie friend 3
Romicah Blythe (Aug '09) 8 hr fam 42
Madison County in the 60s and 70s (Apr '09) 9 hr JACK 1,589
16 year old to have sex with a 30 year old (Nov '10) 21 hr markus 167
What landlords accept section 8 in Richmond?? 21 hr Not poor 11

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance