Pit bull attacks 2-year-old in Richmo...

Pit bull attacks 2-year-old in Richmond; dog's owner charged

There are 19 comments on the Lexington Herald-Leader story from Jun 21, 2013, titled Pit bull attacks 2-year-old in Richmond; dog's owner charged. In it, Lexington Herald-Leader reports that:

About noon Thursday, a parent of a 2-year-old boy told an officer that her child had been bitten in the face by a pit bull owned by Billie J. Martin, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lexington Herald-Leader.

bubba52

Richmond, KY

#1 Jun 21, 2013
Pit bulls are gentle dogs! They won't even break the skin when they bite. Like a good ole bird dog!
haha

Harrodsburg, KY

#2 Jun 22, 2013
what in the f??k has crawl up your as- and died . my little is gentle to but without me it will eat your as- up ,,,,,,, so what is your dumbas- point ...
time

Richmond, KY

#3 Jun 22, 2013
The city commission should consider banning pit bulls. Everyone that lives around one knows that they occasionally get loose and it can turn deadly. The owner got a ticket, so I guess we have some sort of vicious dog ordinance. But seriously, a ticket? She seems to blame the kid in the TV interview. He was provoked... I guess that makes it okay
ginger

Ashland, KY

#4 Jun 22, 2013
If the dog was being "provoked" then the kids should have been told to stop. If Billie did not tell them to stop, then she knew what was probably going to happen. In that cause she should still be in account of harboring a vicious animal, and allowing abuse of an animal. If your gonna have a pet, you have to tend to them just as you would if they were a small infant. They are your responsibility. Own it.
bubba52

Richmond, KY

#5 Jun 22, 2013
haha wrote:
what in the f??k has crawl up your as- and died . my little is gentle to but without me it will eat your as- up ,,,,,,, so what is your dumbas- point ...
Just showing the world your mentality ! Pretty easy wasn't it.
Dena

Richmond, KY

#8 Jun 22, 2013
Without pitbulls I will be just another jobless loser..
wondered

Louisville, KY

#10 Jun 27, 2013
I think that ANY dog that is provoked will bite. As a rule, parents should treach their children to not get in any dogs face, pull on their tail, etc. Now the child AND the dog have to both pay the price. The dogs owner is probably going to lose a perfectly good dog.
dog

Irvine, KY

#11 Jun 27, 2013
Everyone of these dogs should be put down .They are allways biteing some child These dogs should. not be out running loose People who live in citys an town do not need dogs Shitting ever where and allways tearing out garbage
the sister

Flatwoods, KY

#14 Oct 10, 2013
the child was told numerous times and so was the mother . it was our cousin's child that got bitten . bothe parents of the child was told not to let him poke the dog in the eye , not to let him pull on his ears / tail and not to put his head in the dogs mouth . they never took the owner serious all they could say was his been aroound our pits in ohio . well not all dogs get treated like that ( abused by a child ). the parents moved back to ohio right after it happened and social services caught up with them . she never even got the child's antiboitics filled . the child had stitches but no surgery . the owner recently went to court and if there is another report on him then the state is putting him down and she will be charged for harboring a vicious animal .
Terri

Anonymous Proxy

#16 Oct 10, 2013
Any Pit Bull, or for that matter any other kind of attack type dog, bites my 2 year old and I will shoot it where it stands.

If its owner wants to defend his dog, so be it.
ronnie garvin

Louisville, KY

#17 Oct 10, 2013
I will stomp the shit out of every pit bull that i see, and their chickensh%t owners will not do a damn thing abiut. Done it twice last month.
exacto mundo

Lexington, KY

#18 Oct 10, 2013
I got two chihuahuas that will eat you up faster than any pitbull and I always tell people to leave them alone and lo and behold people keep on wanting to try and pick them up. I have to carry them everywhere. Children still run up and put their hands in their faces while I'm holding them (complete strangers like at rest stops)! It makes me mad. I always tell people to leave them alone try are scared but they force themselves on them cause they are little an cute. I keep small muzzles in my vehicles for the dogs because of kids and parent that don't have enough sense to back off after I have warned them, picked them up, turned my back, and moved away from them. All dogs should be supervised around children even when they only weigh 5 pounds. I'm a responsible pet owner and I just wish people respected my pet too. I hate this small child was bitten the adults should be ashamed to not remove the dog away from the baby.
Well

Richmond, KY

#19 Oct 10, 2013
so true
Not Likely

Richmond, KY

#20 Oct 12, 2013
Terri wrote:
Any Pit Bull, or for that matter any other kind of attack type dog, bites my 2 year old and I will shoot it where it stands.
If its owner wants to defend his dog, so be it.
You'd better think carefully about that because if it's me it'll be the last thing you ever do for you child.
tru2dagame19

Richmond, VA

#21 Apr 25, 2014
ronnie garvin wrote:
I will stomp the shit out of every pit bull that i see, and their chickensh%t owners will not do a damn thing abiut. Done it twice last month.
Stop your lieing....you haven't done nothing and wouldn't do anything. You're a damn Internet gangster.
funny

Ironton, OH

#22 Apr 26, 2014
tru2dagame19 wrote:
<quoted text>Stop your lieing....you haven't done nothing and wouldn't do anything. You're a damn Internet gangster.
This cracks me up!! You know they won't do anything.. To the dog or the owner. Gotta love topix... Where people grow balls through keyboards ;)
Proud Pit owner

Richmond, KY

#23 Apr 26, 2014
I also have a Pit and a Chihuahua. The Chihuahua is the attack dog of the two. Anyone could come pick up my pit and carry her away and she would wag her tail and lick their face, but my little man might would bite you for petting him if he felt threatened. For the most part, pits are loveable people and kid loving creatures, but if the dog has previously showed aggression, then of course it should have been kept away from kids. Dogs have different temperaments and really you should always use caution around small animals and kids with any dog.
Sandy kiddo

London, KY

#24 Apr 26, 2014
Proud Pit owner wrote:
I also have a Pit and a Chihuahua. The Chihuahua is the attack dog of the two. Anyone could come pick up my pit and carry her away and she would wag her tail and lick their face, but my little man might would bite you for petting him if he felt threatened. For the most part, pits are loveable people and kid loving creatures, but if the dog has previously showed aggression, then of course it should have been kept away from kids. Dogs have different temperaments and really you should always use caution around small animals and kids with any dog.
I never liked pits but I did inherit one that is American Pit bull terrier mix 8 yrs old and 80 lbs, beautiful dog and gental as a lamb, loves kids, hates cats, I am trying to get him to be nice to cats. He will protect the kids, actually you can't even swat one on the butt in front of him, he will get a bit upset if the kids are upset. So really yeah people should not let their babies around dogs that they don't know just like they should not leave them with peeps they don't know, I call child neglect.
report you ex

Beattyville, KY

#25 Apr 30, 2014
Sandy kiddo wrote:
<quoted text>I never liked pits but I did inherit one that is American Pit bull terrier mix 8 yrs old and 80 lbs, beautiful dog and gental as a lamb, loves kids, hates cats, I am trying to get him to be nice to cats. He will protect the kids, actually you can't even swat one on the butt in front of him, he will get a bit upset if the kids are upset. So really yeah people should not let their babies around dogs that they don't know just like they should not leave them with peeps they don't know, I call child neglect.
My pit also hates other peoples cats, lol. We have two cats that she ignores but will chase the neighbors cats if they get near the yard. I know of the owner of the dog mentioned and shes never been all there, per say. So she shouldn't have been driving around with an unsocialized animal, and the parents, as you say shouldn't have let the kids around a large dog. Well bred and properly treated, pits are the friendliest of dogs but have a large prey drive so will probably always hate cats! I used to be scared of them until my husband rescued one. research shows that they are eager to please family dogs, if they are owned by people with sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Trip To Stately Wayne Manor and Fisherman's W... 18 min AWOKEN 2,805
Democrats 44 min Nyquillus Dillwad 5
anyone know a sam (Apr '09) 2 hr Common Name 12
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr effem 170,545
God 4 hr Fake religion 3
Missing teen girl in Berea (Jun '13) 7 hr Friend 8,410
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 7 hr Rocko Bender 42,579

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance