Redistricting Schools Again

Redistricting Schools Again

Posted in the Richmond Forum

omg...

Georgetown, KY

#1 Feb 11, 2013
So let me get this straight. We're lowering the free and reduced lunch percentages at our newest and/or highest achieving schools and raising the percentage in our oldest, lowest achieving schools. Basically Madison County believes that the wealthier population shouldn't have to mix with the "common folk." Might as well say the new slogan for the Board of Ed is "Bring Back Segregation!"
Larry

United States

#2 Feb 11, 2013
It ain't right, but where have you been? The world has only been operating like this forever. Money makes the world go round.

The racist stuff is weak. Much more white trash than anything around here.
Hello

Richmond, KY

#3 Feb 12, 2013
I haven't heard anything about it which schools will it effect!!
omg...

Georgetown, KY

#4 Feb 12, 2013
You haven't heard about it because its all been kept under wraps. White loses about 100 people, Glenn Marshall loses some to Daniel Boone, Daniel Boone loses some to Mayfield (including Gibson Bay and Bay View), Kit Carson loses some to Kirksville. Also, Daniel Boone goes back to Madison Middle just like they were before and Mayfield goes to Clark Moores.
It's being presented at the board meeting on Thursday.
Out of district

United States

#5 Feb 12, 2013
If some schools didn't have so many out of district kids this wouldn't be an issue every 6 or 7 years
Citizen

Duluth, GA

#6 Feb 12, 2013
Wow, Mayfield and Waco to Clark Moores?
civic duty

Duluth, GA

#7 Feb 12, 2013
Just heard that the board dropped it...
omg...

Duluth, GA

#8 Feb 15, 2013
civic duty wrote:
Just heard that the board dropped it...
They did. Looks like the new board members are smarter than the superintendents. It would've looked really bad on our district, making the equity in the schools even more lopsided than it already is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How Am I Supposed to Climb The Ladder of Succes... (Nov '14) 2 hr Edward Hieronymus 7,508
Tina B 3 hr i know 5
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 4 hr Jennifer Renee 22,004
New Investigation for Jesse 4 hr Brother 293
people are so blind and oblivious 4 hr Burger King 27
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 6 hr Jennifer Renee 33,867
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 hr Family Man 142,447
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages