Galaxy Bowling Center just lost my bu...

Galaxy Bowling Center just lost my business

Posted in the Richmond Forum

aCE2470

Winchester, KY

#1 May 2, 2009
So, my fiancee and I decide to go out tonight with a few friends. I like to bowl, so we decided to go bowling.

Of course, the only place to bowl in Richmond is Galaxy.......AKA Champions underage bar and grill. There were about 15 underage "prom" kids that I saw there tonight.

We got there at 10:30 PM. It was busy, so we were told by the guy at the desk that it would be about an hour before we could bowl. So we put our names down and waited. I went and got a pitcher of beer to pass the time.

Come midnight, our name still hadn't been called. My fiancee went to the desk and asked when we would be able to bowl and they guy said that they closed at 1 AM, so we couldn't bowl. We wouldn't even get a whole game in with our party of 6.

I was pissed, and granted that I had a damn pitcher of beer in me didn't help. I went up to the desk and asked for a manager. One guy went to get the manager, and the other tried to talk me down. He said that it was prom night and they had several reservations who didn't show up and that's what caused the problem.

I told him that I'd been sitting there for an hour and half and there were (at the time) 8 open lanes that we could have been on bowling. He had no answer for why we couldn't have been on one of those lanes an hour ago.

So basically, me and my fiancee and a few friends tried to go out and enjoy a night of bowling and ended up wasting an hour and half of our lives.

A manager never came to talk to me, so I will be calling Monday and asking for a manager and explaining the situation to him or her.

It would have at least been nice to have been notified, up front, that we wouldn't get a lane.

Bottom line, I will NEVER go back to Galaxy bowling. Instead, I'll take the 20 minute drive up to Lexington to bowl...they have better lanes anyways.
Local

Richmond, KY

#2 May 3, 2009
aCE2470 wrote:
I'll take the 20 minute drive up to Lexington to bowl...they have better lanes anyways.

When you fool with people that care only about getting people drunk so they will spend more this is what you get. You should have just called the law and had the place closed down when you seen the minors there.
aCE2470

Winchester, KY

#3 May 3, 2009
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
When you fool with people that care only about getting people drunk so they will spend more this is what you get. You should have just called the law and had the place closed down when you seen the minors there.
To their credit, they did, once in an hour and half, have security walk around and check the people who were drinking that weren't wearing wristbands. We saw two kids get their cups taken away, but that was it.

During our time their, there were 3 lanes open that never got used. Again, the guy said that some kids had reserved them after prom, but you know, if you make a reservation at a restaurant and don't show up on time, they give your table away. Why the bowling alley couldn't do that is beyond me.
of course

Richmond, KY

#4 May 3, 2009
Though it was a little rundown, Maroon Lanes will always be the best bowling alley that Richmond ever had. It just had a feel to it.
Just curious

AOL

#5 May 3, 2009
Marty and Patti Baker own it or at least a piece of it. They live on Adams Lane why not call them and complain. They should at least know how there managment is treating people. There number is listed in the richmond phone book!!!!
Angry customer

Irvine, KY

#8 May 10, 2013
Never go to this bowling alley. They are very rude and the security there are morons. It was my first and last night at galaxy bowling. My friends and I were bowling having a great time then this girl, thats wasnt even with us, accidentally knocks a trash can over and I was the one closest to the trash can so the security guard came over there to me and my friends and he started asking our age, after that he started dropping the f bomb on us and calling us names and my friend was going to have so he let him know we didn't even do it and for him not to talk to him that way then the security guard proceeds to calling him a pussy and a F***ing punk... Needless to say I will tell everyone I know not to go there and give money to these morons and go to the bowling alley in Lexington.
Haha

Tucker, GA

#9 May 11, 2013
Angry customer wrote:
Never go to this bowling alley. They are very rude and the security there are morons. It was my first and last night at galaxy bowling. My friends and I were bowling having a great time then this girl, thats wasnt even with us, accidentally knocks a trash can over and I was the one closest to the trash can so the security guard came over there to me and my friends and he started asking our age, after that he started dropping the f bomb on us and calling us names and my friend was going to have so he let him know we didn't even do it and for him not to talk to him that way then the security guard proceeds to calling him a pussy and a F***ing punk... Needless to say I will tell everyone I know not to go there and give money to these morons and go to the bowling alley in Lexington.
I just think its funny the security guards act as if they have some authority. All they can do is ask you to leave. They cannot detain you, arrest you, search your belongings or vehicle, etc... Well unless they want to answer to an attorney when someone files suit against their employer. They are not police officers. They are not NYPD Blue, COPS, Law and Order, or any of that crap they watch on TV!!! They are security guards....ghetto security guards at that!!! They cannot carry guns in an establishment that serves alcohol, have no proper training in pepper spray or taser, have no German shepherds, or a proper uniform. They are just overweight guys wearing a security t-shirt that are hoping to one day get on the police force. If a security shirt gives them an altered ego, it must be a sad life.
Guard

Tucker, GA

#10 May 11, 2013
Security guards have more authority than you think! Mess with us, and see how fast you get slammed and cuffed!
sadtown

Owingsville, KY

#11 May 11, 2013
The bowling alley is a place for kids to get alcohol from strangers or their older friends.
Robert E Thorten

San Diego, CA

#12 May 11, 2013
Guard wrote:
Security guards have more authority than you think! Mess with us, and see how fast you get slammed and cuffed!

And now, even if provoked, you have threatened this individual you were speaking of, and he needs to notify Topix and also copy this post so when he gets you and your to court he can show the actual evidence of your foolish threats.
Bowler

Versailles, KY

#13 May 11, 2013
Guard wrote:
OMG, you've scared me to death! I'll never bowl there again! But still, I'll meet you behind the lanes outside and cram my ball upside 'ya head, boy if you got 'nuff "balls" to go back there.
Bill

Middlesboro, KY

#14 May 11, 2013
Robert E Thorten wrote:
<quoted text>
And now, even if provoked, you have threatened this individual you were speaking of, and he needs to notify Topix and also copy this post so when he gets you and your to court he can show the actual evidence of your foolish threats.
You can't believe the posts people put on here, it's probably just some kids who are bored. Threats do need to be taken seriously though. However, after reading this, the guard stated you would get slammed if you messed with him. That sentence could be interpreted many ways, but everyone has the right to defend theirself. I'm not a tough guy by any means, but last year someone tried to rob my store with a knife. I pulled a gun, and he fled. I don't know about these guards at hand , but if they show respect, they should recieve respect.
Satisfied Customer

Winchester, KY

#15 May 12, 2013
I agree, Maroon Lanes was Awesome!!!
Dale Gribble

Nicholasville, KY

#16 May 15, 2013
Why, exactly, does a bowling alley need security?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Feel stupid yet? 4 min Looking Down 12
Harry Moberly Pension 48 min bypass walker 2
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 2 hr Jennifer Renee 39,967
Sabrina Nicole Hensley 2 hr Joey 24
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr another viewer 157,890
Deceased but not forgotten (Jul '09) 3 hr Missmyfriend 179
Sean the deli man at Kroger 3 hr Interested too 2
How Can You Be Happy With Disappointment? 4 hr Molly 141
How often do you spank your wife (Mar '13) Jan 13 hot 123

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages