child support after 18
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
hmm

United States

#1 Apr 23, 2012
I was just wondering how long you are required to pay child support on the child after the age of 18 in Ky if they attend college.
info

Richmond, KY

#2 Apr 23, 2012
How Long Must Child Support Be Paid?
Kentucky child support laws state that a non-custodial parent is responsible for paying child support for children who are “under the age of eighteen (18) when the child is a full-time high school student, but not beyond completion of the school year during which the child reaches the age of nineteen (19) years.”

Attending college has nothing to do with child support. However, your child is considered dependent until the age of 24 while in college meaning that the parents' income is factored into aid eligibility.
Haha

AOL

#3 Apr 23, 2012
hmm wrote:
I was just wondering how long you are required to pay child support on the child after the age of 18 in Ky if they attend college.
You are a Gold digger, after 18 yrs. you need to help!
un-huh

Richmond, KY

#4 Apr 24, 2012
hmm wrote:
I was just wondering how long you are required to pay child support on the child after the age of 18 in Ky if they attend college.
It stops when they turn 18 or get out of high school. Free ride over.
real answer

Flatwoods, KY

#5 Apr 24, 2012
Not to sound like a smart ass, but call the local child support office. You will be surprised by what they have to say.
hmmm

Richmond, KY

#6 Apr 24, 2012
Wondering, wanting to know how long you can get help. Or, worried how much longer you gotta pay?
opinion

United States

#7 Apr 25, 2012
These idiots should have to pay up until the child is out of college. If they are going to pull it out of their pants they need to take responsibility.
hahaha

Richmond, KY

#8 Apr 25, 2012
OR maybe kids should stopped being spoiled and get off their asses and get a job!
Unless

Richmond, KY

#9 Apr 25, 2012
Child Support is over at 18, unless arrears are owed. If so, the non-custodial parent pays until the arrears are caught up.
getsome

United States

#10 Apr 25, 2012
opinion wrote:
These idiots should have to pay up until the child is out of college. If they are going to pull it out of their pants they need to take responsibility.
only pull out my dip stick for girls spread like you. You can say no .god how many kids do you have?
getsome

United States

#11 Apr 25, 2012
info wrote:
How Long Must Child Support Be Paid?
Kentucky child support laws state that a non-custodial parent is responsible for paying child support for children who are “under the age of eighteen (18) when the child is a full-time high school student, but not beyond completion of the school year during which the child reaches the age of nineteen (19) years.”
Attending college has nothing to do with child support. However, your child is considered dependent until the age of 24 while in college meaning that the parents' income is factored into aid eligibility.
my child receives 800a month as my dependent.this I was told will end at the age of 18. If he goes to college full time do I have to pay personaly till the age of 24?
Yeah

Richmond, KY

#12 Apr 25, 2012
Well, it's not just guys owing gals for child support. There are a good deal m ore Dads out there raising the kids now. But there is a big double standard on trying to get child support from a "Mom".
opinion

United States

#13 Apr 25, 2012
getsome wrote:
<quoted text>only pull out my dip stick for girls spread like you. You can say no .god how many kids do you have?
I have one and one on the way and they both have the same father who takes care of them. I watched my
Mom struggle being a single mom and my dad didn't pay the child support he was court ordered to. She only has 2 kids and didn't have the 2nd one until I was 12 so I think I have the right to put my opinion in! I'm not saying everything should be handed to these kids but if they are in school after 18 then the fathers should have to help with the school cost, if u haven't noticed college is expensive and keeps going up.
opinion

United States

#14 Apr 25, 2012
Yeah wrote:
Well, it's not just guys owing gals for child support. There are a good deal m ore Dads out there raising the kids now. But there is a big double standard on trying to get child support from a "Mom".
If the mother runs off she also should be expected to take responsibility for laying down and opening her legs! I know it's not always dead beat dads out there either way there is a child involved and both parents should have the responsibility of the child.
getsome

United States

#15 Apr 25, 2012
opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I have one and one on the way and they both have the same father who takes care of them. I watched my
Mom struggle being a single mom and my dad didn't pay the child support he was court ordered to. She only has 2 kids and didn't have the 2nd one until I was 12 so I think I have the right to put my opinion in! I'm not saying everything should be handed to these kids but if they are in school after 18 then the fathers should have to help with the school cost, if u haven't noticed college is expensive and keeps going up.
fine if you get 800 per month for 1 child but the court order is 230. Do you save or put the difference away for the child's future or use the 800 a month as your personal pay check?.
opinion

Richmond, KY

#16 Apr 25, 2012
getsome wrote:
<quoted text>fine if you get 800 per month for 1 child but the court order is 230. Do you save or put the difference away for the child's future or use the 800 a month as your personal pay check?.
a good mother would put the money away for the child but I know many do not do this. The parent who is paying the child support should have to help pay for the child's education and the government needs to step in and control how the money is spent.
well

Richmond, KY

#17 Apr 25, 2012
It's like this who would be paying for the kids college if both parents were still together. Married or living together? Well, there is the answer.
upursreb

United States

#18 Apr 25, 2012
well wrote:
It's like this who would be paying for the kids college if both parents were still together. Married or living together? Well, there is the answer.
ass, if The mother is getting 3 times the support after 15 years that's 88000 for college without the support.so ln your little mlnd the dad may pay twice? d.ck.
omg

Richmond, KY

#19 Apr 26, 2012
upursreb wrote:
<quoted text>ass, if The mother is getting 3 times the support after 15 years that's 88000 for college without the support.so ln your little mlnd the dad may pay twice? d.ck.
OMG! You can't be that dumb. But since your acting like it. I will explain this in better detail. When I am done you will see why I think my opinion counts. I didn't get to go to college, why? My mom raised me on her own. My father beat her ever chance he could, till she left. Saving her life and maybe mine and my sister's. Then when court ordered him to pay child support, and the least amount at that time, as he would never turn over what he made. He still never paid her anything for ten years. My mom worked two jobs to get us by on, but she still didn't have a way to help us go to college or even a car to go, if I had tried to get a school grant or loan. Looking back I was not thinking I could go so did try as hard as I could have. But made very good grades. I ended up married and moving on with life. I have worked every day since. Make my own way. Now, I am remarried and raising two kids that are not mine by blood. But guess what...their bio mom doesn't pay the court ordered child support. Never has probably never will. But unlike my situation. I'm going to make sure with or with out help, my kids (they are mine cause My husband and I have raised them.)get to go anyway. With out help. But it is not right, the bio parents either sex, should have to help. Through out the entire school process. College isn't a choice any longer to make it in life. They know we expect them to get a job to help with their education. But most can't do it alone. so, I have been on both sides this fence. Bottom line, people need to stop and think what having a baby really means. Beyond the heat of the moment, married or unmarried. Children are often here beyond the relationship that produced them. Children are your children for life. Not till a certain age. Now see if you can wrap your little mind around that. D*ck Head! Better yet wrap a wrapper around that D*ck next time you use it and it won't be an issue.
opinion

United States

#20 Apr 26, 2012
omg wrote:
<quoted text>OMG! You can't be that dumb. But since your acting like it. I will explain this in better detail. When I am done you will see why I think my opinion counts. I didn't get to go to college, why? My mom raised me on her own. My father beat her ever chance he could, till she left. Saving her life and maybe mine and my sister's. Then when court ordered him to pay child support, and the least amount at that time, as he would never turn over what he made. He still never paid her anything for ten years. My mom worked two jobs to get us by on, but she still didn't have a way to help us go to college or even a car to go, if I had tried to get a school grant or loan. Looking back I was not thinking I could go so did try as hard as I could have. But made very good grades. I ended up married and moving on with life. I have worked every day since. Make my own way. Now, I am remarried and raising two kids that are not mine by blood. But guess what...their bio mom doesn't pay the court ordered child support. Never has probably never will. But unlike my situation. I'm going to make sure with or with out help, my kids (they are mine cause My husband and I have raised them.)get to go anyway. With out help. But it is not right, the bio parents either sex, should have to help. Through out the entire school process. College isn't a choice any longer to make it in life. They know we expect them to get a job to help with their education. But most can't do it alone. so, I have been on both sides this fence. Bottom line, people need to stop and think what having a baby really means. Beyond the heat of the moment, married or unmarried. Children are often here beyond the relationship that produced them. Children are your children for life. Not till a certain age. Now see if you can wrap your little mind around that. D*ck Head! Better yet wrap a wrapper around that D*ck next time you use it and it won't be an issue.
I completely agree with you. It makes me sick all the parents out there that don't do shit for their kids. You would think that the government would do something after seeing the same people having child after child and not supporting them. These women who keep popping out babies and running off really need to be forced to have a tubal done, and these idiots who can't seem to figure out what a damn condom is need to be forced to have a vasectomy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 min ChromiuMan 156,544
I Want To know What I Can Do 15 min ColeCash 977
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 35 min Fungail 39,597
I have begged and begged 1 hr getouttathatmessiam 11
Lawyer Mark Wickersham (Oct '13) 3 hr Mark Wickersham 30
Qualex James Parker (Apr '15) 5 hr Booyaa 6
Hook up Age? (Apr '11) 13 hr Martial johnson 49
How often do you spank your wife (Mar '13) Dec 3 Mark 118

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages