'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 252839 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Reality

Georgetown, KY

#172702 Aug 2, 2014
DITCH MITCH wrote:
House Dems raise record $4.8M off impeachment
The $4.8 million in weekly fundraising is a new record
Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/house-rac...
PRICELESS
RIP GOP
DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
Good job. But you're still miserable
Reality

Georgetown, KY

#172703 Aug 2, 2014
DITCH MITCH wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are. Thanks for reposting that TRUTHFUL article.
RIP GOP
DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
So you should be happy! Why so miserable?
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#172704 Aug 2, 2014
Couple more for you to lose your halfwit minds over before I leave for the lake, nice 78° with a high of 83°..Perfect lake day with friends and family.

Interesting.....but typical teabagger CON dream.

ALEC, The Tea Party, And Their Dangerous Plan To Privatize Our Government

What I am going to say will probably come as little surprise to many of you, but it’s a concept still lost on many folks. As you know, one of the biggest talking points from the Republican Party and many libertarian groups is that many functions of government would be better handled by the private sector. Whether it is pension funds, highways or anything else, you’ll hear it repeated ad nauseam that government is wasteful and that the private sector can do it better.

There’s a couple of problems with this, especially when they say that government should be run like a business. First off, let’s address the “run the government like a business” talking point. While it does sound like a great idea, there’s a serious problem and false comparison there. Businesses have a main goal of making money for their owners and shareholders. In other words, profit first and the customer somewhere after that.

Yet, it seems that the privatization of every possible function of government, including education, is what front groups like ALEC (American Legislative Exchange Council), FreedomWorks and others are pushing for – often while operating under a non-profit status and/or pretending to be a “grassroots organization.”

If you thought government was cold and uncaring now, can you imagine what it would be like if it was run by CEOs?

The problem with government is that it is run by human beings, and human beings are flawed and they’re also prone to corruption when there’s money, sex or power involved. If you think it’s bad now, do you think it would really be any better with profit-hungry corporations and their shareholders running the day to day operations like the DMV, Social Security or paving the roads? Imagine being routed to an outsourced call center in India or Manila for help with child support or other functions currently handled by someone in your city or state? Because I can almost guarantee you that would be the case if these responsibilities were handed over to the private sector. Not only would these corporations have control over functions our government currently handles, but our tax dollars would be going to them, which would then in turn be used for even more influence on political campaigns. Do you really think that’s a good future for our country? Because I sure as hell do not. So, do you want to stop ALEC,
FreedomWorks, the Koch Brothers, the Tea Party and their destructive, selfish corporate agenda? There’s only one way to do that, and that’s to vote this fall and make sure to get others to the polls as well. Here’s what is at stake in the midterm election in November:

Remember, they’re counting on your apathy and for you to believe that your vote doesn’t count. If we vote, we win. It’s as simple as that.

- See more at: http://www.forwardprogressives.com/alec-tea-p...

GOP = themselves, BIG CORPS/PHARMA and $$$$$$$$$$

DEMS = PEOPLE

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#172705 Aug 2, 2014
Only Republicans Could Be Proud of Inflicting Brutality On Innocent Hispanic Children

Compassion is an emotion that some human beings feel in response to the suffering of others that motivates a deep-seated desire to help relieve that suffering. Even though compassion is regarded as having an emotional aspect, it is also based on cerebral notions among decent human beings such as fairness, justice and interdependence, so it should be considered rational in nature and its application understood as an activity based on sound judgment simply because all humanity is interdependent on each other. In America, there is a relatively large segment of the population that is so vacant of compassion, instead of a humanitarian desire to relieve the suffering of others, they actively seek out new and barbaric means to increase misery; these are Republicans and their barbaric base.

George W. Bush took a few years to destroy America’s reputation around the world, and despite President Barack Obama’s herculean effort to repair the nation’s standing, Republicans, teabaggers, and a large segment of the population have all but cemented America’s character as inhumane and cruel; to its own people and now child refugees. Not only do Republicans and their base lack any compassion or desire to relieve the suffering of others, they are now actively, and with malice aforethought, on a crusade to increase suffering for sport and brand America as compassionless, hate-filled, and cruel. After the Republican actions this week, it is difficult to imagine anyone in this nation being proud to be an American; unless they consider abject brutality toward innocent children something to be proud of.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/08/02/republ...

AND they claim to be the "Christian" party. I like the motto in the picture, says so much.

GOP = The Party of Mean

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH

Go NUTZ, loser lemming tools, especially the fake millionaire that escapes reality....I will leave him to play with himself. I have to leave around 2:00 for a fun filled afternoon. Spin the lies and proxies and stomp away. Enjoy reposting those great articles. hahaha Leave me some good laughs, if it's not too late I will stop in to piss you off some more. lol buh bye crybabies

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#172706 Aug 2, 2014
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey mr miserable. I've heard enough about your retirement. Im retired at the age of 46 and YES I am a millionaire a couple times over if you wish to believe it or not. Having said that....I'm happy because I chose to be. Even if you had $$ you would still be a miserable human that no one likes to be around. I'll set here by the pool as I do every day and have a toast to you and the hate dying out one day soon
Strange how everyone on Topix is rich, has multiple degrees and served in the military.
Odd, very odd.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#172707 Aug 2, 2014
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Given the FACTS that the other party can name 10 things just as bad/good that occurred under your party's reign, indicate your facts are no more pertinent than a rock! The people you claim are fools graduated from the most prestigious universities on this planet (usually in the top of their class) and have the very best available minds in America to serve as their advisors. So who wins the intelligent game between you and the fools? Only a very BIASED fool thinks he knows more!
Again, only an idiot given a choose between the two parties results over 50 years would think the BEST would be the one that had 100% fewer jobs created than the other.

I'll start naming things under Obama:
US Deficit Spending is now 1/2 of what it was under Bush.
Job gains are at an average 200,000 plus per month compared to the 5.5 MILLION per month lost at the time Obama took office.
The rate of unemployment claims last month was the lowest since 2006.
54 straight months of private sector job growth.
highest Stock Market in it's history.
angel

Orofino, ID

#172708 Aug 2, 2014
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Good job. But you're still miserable
We already know your firing with limp blanks stop embarasing yourself.
angel

Orofino, ID

#172709 Aug 2, 2014
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Again, only an idiot given a choose between the two parties results over 50 years would think the BEST would be the one that had 100% fewer jobs created than the other.
Job gains are at an average 200,000 plus per month compared to the 5.5 MILLION per month lost at the time Obama took office.
Dont expect much in response.
Your presenting truth that Teabaggers dont WANT to hear which causes them to recoil into a semi-trance state of Denial......much like throwing salt on a slug.
When signs of brainwave activity return to (for them)'normal they will start gibbering about 'BenGhazi' and Government Handouts and refuse to address anything in your post.
You are a Idiots

United States

#172710 Aug 2, 2014
What a bunch of morons! Argueing with each other for 4 years!
angel

Orofino, ID

#172711 Aug 2, 2014
DITCH MITCH wrote:
Couple more for you to lose your halfwit minds over before I leave for the lake, nice 78° with a high of 83°..Perfect lake day with friends and family.
Interesting.....but typical teabagger CON dream.
ALEC, The Tea Party, And Their Dangerous Plan To Privatize Our Government
What I am going to say will probably come as little surprise to many of you, but it’s a concept still lost on many folks. As you know, one of the biggest talking points from the Republican Party and many libertarian groups is that many functions of government would be better handled by the private sector. Whether it is pension funds, highways or anything else, you’ll hear it repeated ad nauseam that government is wasteful and that the private sector can do it better.
There’s a couple of problems with this, especially when they say that government should be run like a business. First off, let’s address the “run the government like a business” talking point. While it does sound like a great idea, there’s a serious problem and false comparison there. Businesses have a main goal of making money for their owners and shareholders. In other words, profit first and the customer somewhere after that.
Yet, it seems that the privatization of every possible function of government, including o an outsourced call center in India or Manila for help with child support or other functions currently handled by someone in your city or state? Because I can almost guarantee you that would be the case if these responsibilities were handed over to the private sector. Not only would these corporations have control over functions our government currently handles, but our tax dollars would be going to them, which would then in turn be used for even more influence on political campaigns. Do you really think that’s a good future for our country? Because I sure as hell do not. So, do you want to stop ALEC,
FreedomWorks, the Koch Brothers, the Tea Party and their destructive, selfish corporate agenda? There’s only one way to do that, and that’s to vote this fall and make sure to get others to the polls as well. Here’s what is at stake in the midterm election in November:
Remember, they’re counting on your apathy and for you to believe that your vote doesn’t count. If we vote, we win. It’s as simple as that.
- See more at: http://www.forwardprogressives.com/alec-tea-p...
GOP = themselves, BIG CORPS/PHARMA and $$$$$$$$$$
DEMS = PEOPLE
RIP GOP
DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
The irony is that no one could care LESS about the average Teabaggers toxic brew of racism.paranoia,resentment and ignorance (all of which is what qualifies as the Right's 'social agenda') then the very plutocrats and their propagandists that spoon feed them their opinions such as the Koch's and FOX and the rest.
To them they are simply rubes and fools.
Useful idiots.
Easy to incite.
Easy to manipulate by telling them any bullsh*t they want to hear.
Bodies in enough numbers to get to the polls to send more Republican Corporate bootlickers to Capital Hill to make sure they get their way.
Which amounts to nothing more then :Corporate Operations un-regulated,Corporate decisions un-questioned,and Corporate Profits un-taxed.
Period.
Reality

Georgetown, KY

#172713 Aug 2, 2014
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Again, only an idiot given a choose between the two parties results over 50 years would think the BEST would be the one that had 100% fewer jobs created than the other.
As Stated....your BIAS doesnt allow you to see anything but that which you chose to believe. Of the thousands of complaints I hear about Obama every day, you can only manage to see the great miracles as stated above... Are you wrong or foolish? Nope, just displaying your comprehension bias. Hitler created a lot of jobs and turned the German economy around also.:)
Reality

Georgetown, KY

#172714 Aug 2, 2014
You are a Idiots wrote:
What a bunch of morons! Argueing with each other for 4 years!
More like a 100 years. And they call us dumb! Seems pretty obvious they have not changed anyone's mind, nor are they going to. But they are experts at being miserable because others just can't see how smart they are

“Take me to your leader”

Since: Aug 11

Smacking Down Stupidity

#172715 Aug 2, 2014
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
As Stated....your BIAS doesnt allow you to see anything but that which you chose to believe. Of the thousands of complaints I hear about Obama every day, you can only manage to see the great miracles as stated above... Are you wrong or foolish? Nope, just displaying your comprehension bias. Hitler created a lot of jobs and turned the German economy around also.:)
"complaints I hear about Obama"
The difference between us and you.
We rely on actual facts gathered from many independent sources to reach our conclusions. You rely on what you hear from Billy Bob down the street and Fox for your information.
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#172716 Aug 2, 2014
Cornelius Scudmister wrote:
<quoted text>
We rely on actual facts gathered from many independent sources to reach our conclusions. You rely on what you hear from Billy Bob down the street and Fox for your information.
If you relied on actual facts, you would be more informed than you are.

“Take me to your leader”

Since: Aug 11

Smacking Down Stupidity

#172717 Aug 2, 2014
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
If you relied on actual facts, you would be more informed than you are.
Ouch!
Great come back!
I bet that will really hurt my feelings once it sinks in.:P
Nutz

United States

#172718 Aug 2, 2014
I go by Nutz because I like black peckers nutz deep in my buttz!
The Apostle

Wooton, KY

#172719 Aug 2, 2014
Injudgement wrote:
Stupid liberals..

1) Deficit. WRONG! Here's the link to the proof.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/federal_d...

2) Jobs numbers are easily manipulated... The unemployment rate ain't.. When you factor in the nearly 10 million that have left the workforce that number goes up significantly. Nearly doubling

http://www.multpl.com/unemployment/table

3) Unemployment claims... Good one. Reagan had 82 months of job growth with 10 million people NOT leaving the workforce. Bush had 52 months of job growth while dealing with 2 recessions, 2 wars that could have been avoided if Clinton had done his job... And, the worst financial crisis I ever lived through caused by Bill Clinton's policies.

4) Stock market LOL... That has NOTHING to do with the Obama policies... The fed has been pumping billions into Wall street for over 2 years now.
Hillbillies

Lexington, KY

#172720 Aug 2, 2014
Yep
Straw Grasping Teabaggers

Providence, UT

#172722 Aug 2, 2014
Homophobic Tea Partier OK With 18 Year Old Daughter’s 57 Year Old Boyfriend

Gina Loudon, Lyda’s mom and a far-right conservative pundit known for her anti-gay views, took to World Net Daily in wake of the publicity, explaining the multitude of reasons that her daughter’s relationship isn’t upsetting, or unnatural.

http://www.breitbartunmasked.com/2014/07/30/h...

..........More conservative family values, August Edition.
Reality

Georgetown, KY

#172723 Aug 2, 2014
Cornelius Scudmister wrote:
<quoted text>
Difference between you and I... I never read or care about politics! I chose to concern myself with things i have control over. What YOU think about politics makes no difference to anyone alive. Trying to define others only defines ones self!! I'd rather be happy than right, you would rather be miserable than consider the possibility of being wrong....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min ChromiuMan 156,433
I Want To know What I Can Do 47 min ColeCash 833
You text 3 words 1 hr timeyouknowwhatyo... 2
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 2 hr Fungail 39,549
Crossings 3 hr Mike Brewer 1
Tips from Mike 4 hr Mike Brewer 1
Breathe and relax 4 hr Mike Brewer 1
How often do you spank your wife (Mar '13) 19 hr Robert 117

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages