'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 239446 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Well

United States

#119063 Aug 25, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Tab said, nothing's been "started" yet. Yet probably being the key word, there.
If America does get involved in that mess, I don't see how it could possibly turn out any differently than Iraq - a quagmire, an exercise in futility. We could make a few positive changes, perhaps, but the minute our soldiers' boots leave the sand, the warring factions will probably be right back at it again.
It's a fine line between allowing atrocities and butting in.
What do you think will happen?
I agree, another quagmire. I don't think there is a line though. We are in or out. We won't be allowed to get a little bit involved. It will be "game on".

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#119064 Aug 25, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
Colin Powell: Voting restrictions ‘are going to backfire’ on Republicans
Former Secretary of State Colin Powell on Sunday warned fellow Republicans that voting restrictions designed to reduce the turnout of minorities, young people and seniors were “going to backfire” on the party.
Powell told CBS host Bob Schieffer that the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn part of the Voting Rights Act had been followed by states “putting in place procedures and new legislation that in some ways makes it a little bit harder to vote, you need a photo ID.”
“And they claim there is widespread abuse and voter fraud, but nothing documented, nothing substantiates that,” he pointed out.“There isn’t widespread abuse. And so these kinds of procedures that are being put in place to slow the process down and make it likely that fewer Hispanics and African-Americans might vote, I think, are going to backfire because these people are going to come out and do what they have to do in order to vote. And I encourage that.”
Powell added that he wanted to give Republicans the benefit of the doubt that they wanted to improve the voting system,“but when they start to say, let’s restrict the number of voting hours or make it harder for students to vote, then I have to get a little bit suspicious of it.”
“Here’s what I say to my Republican friends: The country is becoming more diverse. Asian-American, Hispanic-Americans and African-Americans are going to constitute a majority of the population in another generation. You say you want to reach out, you say you want to have a new message, you say you want to see if you can bring some of these voters to the Republican side. This is not the way to do it.”
“The way to do it is to make it easier for them to vote,” Powell insisted.“And then give them something to vote for that they can believe in. It’s not enough just to say, we have to have a new message. We have to have a new substance to that new message.”
Watch this video from CBS’ Face the Nation, broadcast Aug. 25, 2013
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/25/colin-p...
That's not all that will backfire on them. They are doomed. Everyday they get more bizarre. I love Colin Powell. He backed Obama in both elections and should switch parties. He makes a better DEM.
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
I haven't always agreed with Colin Powell, but I've always respected his opinion, and totally agree with him on these points. I love the statement "And then give them something to vote for that they can believe in." Eloquent and just awesome.
Uncle Tab

United States

#119065 Aug 25, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
[email protected]....
Ted Cruz: Republicans repealing Obamacare to help African-Americans and Hispanics
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) says that Republicans are working to defund and repeal President Barack Obama’s health care reform law in order to help African-Americans and Hispanics.
In an interview with CNN that aired on Sunday, Cruz told host Candy Crowley that he was “not convinced” that the president would continue to refuse to repeal his signature legislation if Republicans forced a government shutdown.
The Texas Republican admitted that he did not yet have the votes to shut down the government, but he didn’t expect the fight to heat up until September.
“It’s going to take a tsunami, and I’m going to do everything I can to encourage that tsunami,” he explained.
“But what about, you lost?” Crowley asked.“This has been put into law. It’s already law. Why not just get on board and try it?”
“Because it’s not working and it’s hurting Americans,” Cruz insisted.“And by the way, the people that it’s hurting the most are the most vulnerable among us are the more vulnerable among us. The people who are losing their jobs are young people, are Hispanics, are African-Americans, are single moms. I don’t think that’s fair, I don’t think that’s right.”
According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, 500,000 young African-Americans and 913,000 Latinos have already benefited from Obamacare because they have been allowed to stay on their parents’ health care plans. Additionally, 6.8 million African-Americans and 10.8 million Latinos will have opportunities to buy coverage through health care exchanges.
Watch this video from CNN’s State of the Union, broadcast Aug. 25, 2013.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/25/ted-cru...
Guess these idiots don't think there are statistics out there that shoot down all their bullshit. Jeeze, these repukes are ignorant. This is one huge fabricated lie for cruz. I guess they can't help themselves. They will all come back to bite them. Voters aren't that stupid.
I guess if Obama is considered a muslim because his dad was from Kenya, then cruz must be considered a COMMUNIST since his dad was from CUBA. Ya think? hahaha
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
As we see here on a daily basis Ms RC...... Republicans and facts are two words you can't use in the same sentence.

:-D the spin is amazing.....as they go on and on about hating other races and being bigots, and making sure those very same people have a very difficult time voting. They claim to care.

How sad is that, the people who vote for them are amazingly ignorant and so easily fooled.

You'd think two presidential elections would have shown them by now they're behind the times.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119066 Aug 25, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, RC Co-Cola! What a great camping set up - I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. I'm with you on the sleeping thing - every so often friends camp by the river at my place, nothing as elaborate as your campsite, though! When they invite me to join them, I just tell 'em I've got a California King waiting for me at the top of the hill...lol. If I tried to sleep on the ground these days, I wouldn't be able to move for a week!
It *is* a beautiful day, isn't it? After lunch I'm going fishing, I think.
It is a great set up. They have been doing it for years. Tubing, skiing, fishing, music, cards, corn hole, volleyball/badminton, lots of good food, laughs galore. But I am a wuss when it comes to camping out. Even the motor home. I have stayed in in everytime I stay all night. Still don't get any sleep, everyone coming in for the AC, watching DVD's etc..Sometimes I just take the drive home and go back the next day if I am not to wiped out. Did enough of that in my younger years. Too much fun. I like Rough River too, but Nolin is the place. I love to fish too. Hope you get some fresh fish for dinner. There is nothing like it. Yummy.

Had fun last night playing with the clowns. They must be recruiting for their circus on the other threads. hahaha

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Uncle Tab

United States

#119067 Aug 25, 2013
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, another quagmire. I don't think there is a line though. We are in or out. We won't be allowed to get a little bit involved. It will be "game on".
A bunch of Tomahawk missiles to take out their Air Force would be a strong message. No need for boots on the ground.

#119068 Aug 25, 2013
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean it's a fine line between knowing when to intervene and when to keep out of it.

I agree with you that there's no " a little bit involved". It's like saying "a little bit pregnant". Either you is or you ain't.

But what's the answer other than "game on"? Do we stand by and let them gas children? We can rationalize not putting more of our troops in harm's way, but how do we rationalize dead children?

I'm not being snarky, I'm just asking your opinion on what the solution is.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119069 Aug 25, 2013
Did you forget Medicare? Jim DeMint claims ‘federal health care’ can’t work

CNN host Dana Bash offered no fact check on Sunday as Heritage Foundation President Jim DeMint (R) falsely claimed that fewer doctors accepted Medicare than private insurance.

During a Sunday interview, DeMint explained that Heritage Action had launched a nine-city tour to rally Americans in support of repealing Obamacare because it was an “unfair and un-American law.”

“Federal health care is not going to provide good health care to Americans,” DeMint insisted.“You can’t find a federal program that’s working effectively.”

“Jim, I disagree with that,” former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean (D) replied.“I think Medicare works pretty darn well and people like it. And that’s a federal program that works very well for people.”

“It’s tens of trillions of dollars in debt because it’s been mismanaged, it’s going to leave huge debts onto our children, and more and more doctors won’t even see a Medicare-insured patient,” DeMint replied.“So, it is not going to work for the future.”

The former South Carolina senator continued:“And as we put more people on Medicare and Medicaid, and that’s what Obamacare is going to do, is to push more people into Medicaid-style plans, fewer and fewer doctors are going to see these folks. So, we need to make sure we get health insurance that doctors will actually take.”

“I’m sure it won’t surprise you to know that I disagree with that,” Dean said before he was interrupted by Bash.

“I’m so shocked,” she snarked, promising to allow Dean to respond following a commercial break.

But after the show resumed, Bash changed the subject to the 2016 presidential race.

“Before we get to that, let me get a little equal time on health care,” Dean demanded.“You know, I was not a supporter of Obamacare when it passed. I am now. I think this ought to be implemented. You know, in our little medical office in Burlington, Vermont, we’ve discovered that premiums are going to be cut in half for the five people who work for my wife and her partners. So, this is going to make a big difference.”

In fact, a Department of Health and Human Services report released last week found that the number of doctors accepting Medicare was higher than the number of doctors accepting private insurance.

“These findings allay concern that the number of physicians ‘opting out’ of Medicare has increased in recent years,” the report said.

Watch this video from CNN’s State of the Union, broadcast Aug. 25, 2013.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/25/did-you...

What a bunch of dumbass repukes getting on national TV and spouting lies and pure ignorance. hahaha They just keep sending the voters over to the DEMS. PRICELESS

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Well

United States

#119070 Aug 25, 2013
rwb wrote:
<quoted text>
What, Barry didn't put us in Afghanistan. At least Bush did finally respond to the 9/11 attack. Besides that, bottom line of the 'fear' of WMD's in Iraq, who did they get those WMD's that we were looking for? Does President Ronald Reagan VP George HW Bush ring a bell with the assistance of Donald Rumsfeld? Lets go on and look at the Iran/Contra scandal. Oh wait, we can't... GW Bush pardoned all of those charged before they could go before a court of law and we could possibly get to ANY truth. Although even if it went to court, we still would not have gotten to the truth. http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...
Never said I agreed with what they did, and changing the subject doesn't answer the question.

How is Barry gonna get involved and come out any differently?

#119071 Aug 25, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a great set up. They have been doing it for years. Tubing, skiing, fishing, music, cards, corn hole, volleyball/badminton, lots of good food, laughs galore. But I am a wuss when it comes to camping out. Even the motor home. I have stayed in in everytime I stay all night. Still don't get any sleep, everyone coming in for the AC, watching DVD's etc..Sometimes I just take the drive home and go back the next day if I am not to wiped out. Did enough of that in my younger years. Too much fun. I like Rough River too, but Nolin is the place. I love to fish too. Hope you get some fresh fish for dinner. There is nothing like it. Yummy.
Had fun last night playing with the clowns. They must be recruiting for their circus on the other threads. hahaha
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
I don't care if I catch anything or not, to tell you the truth. It's just nice to sit by the water with the dog, and watch the wild critters.

Shhh...lol...don't mention the circus. You'll conjure 'em up, like saying "Beetlejuice" three times!

#119073 Aug 25, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
A bunch of Tomahawk missiles to take out their Air Force would be a strong message. No need for boots on the ground.
True enough, Tab, but are we prepared to take it further if they don't get the message?

Since: Dec 11

#119074 Aug 25, 2013
“Let's Be Personal"
Broadcast CFRB, Toronto, Ontario Topic: "The Americans" <3

http://www.bradjones.com/Americans/transcript...

EVEN people in other countries
SEE how "generous" A~M~E~R~I~C~A~N~S
are!
you, a 'supposed' American, that lives on it's SOIL ...
Are "too blind" to SEE it!

Do you think it's the libTARDS
OR
*Christians* WHO do IT!
;~)

*Patriots* are Christians!

Said American Lady!

#119075 Aug 25, 2013
*sigh* What'd I tell you, RC? Beetlejuice has arrived.

Danville, KY

#119076 Aug 25, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
“Let's Be Personal"
are!
OR
*Christians* WHO do IT!
;~)
Said American Lady!
Thank You!:)

Since: Dec 11

#119077 Aug 25, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
getting involved in the Syrian conflict is a bone head idea...it also seems that there is a lot of pressure from the right to do so. Wasn't it John McCain who met with the rebels, which included an Al Qaeda leader. In fact old john had his picture taken with him.
the conflict in Syria is another war between the Sunnis and Shia. Let them fight it out and kill each other.
He got Americans involved when he drew the "RED LINE" in the sand...he knew they had already crossed it!
The conundrum he faces is that The press has chosen to represent his side as the aggressors! Now he will have to manufacture another way to kill Christians!

Danville, KY

#119078 Aug 25, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
“Let's Be Personal"
are!
OR
*Christians* WHO do IT!
;~)
Said American Lady!
From both so called 'grey box' AL
and
ALP

<3

Comrade!
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119079 Aug 25, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if I catch anything or not, to tell you the truth. It's just nice to sit by the water with the dog, and watch the wild critters.
Shhh...lol...don't mention the circus. You'll conjure 'em up, like saying "Beetlejuice" three times!
I know what you mean there. I love sitting by the water, dog running wild, turtles sunning, birds chirping, and if a fish jumps on the line, good, if not so be it. I love fresh fish though. ummm

You are too funny....Beetlejuice...about right. They should be rising from their stupor anytime. hahaha

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Well

United States

#119080 Aug 25, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean it's a fine line between knowing when to intervene and when to keep out of it.
I agree with you that there's no " a little bit involved". It's like saying "a little bit pregnant". Either you is or you ain't.
But what's the answer other than "game on"? Do we stand by and let them gas children? We can rationalize not putting more of our troops in harm's way, but how do we rationalize dead children?
I'm not being snarky, I'm just asking your opinion on what the solution is.
Whew, I wish I knew the best solution.

I guess what is bothering me is that there doesn't seem to be much of an uproar over getting involved after all that has happened in the past with the other conflicts.
See the Light

El Paso, TX

#119081 Aug 25, 2013
At least Beck will ask'Real" questions, unlike the Liberal media which sugar coats and goes soft on questions to Libs or they might cry if not.
rwb

Lima, OH

#119082 Aug 25, 2013
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said I agreed with what they did, and changing the subject doesn't answer the question.
How is Barry gonna get involved and come out any differently?
People can't answer a question that doesn't make sense. Clarification is needed.
Well

United States

#119085 Aug 25, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
True enough, Tab, but are we prepared to take it further if they don't get the message?
Exactly!

And Iran has already pledged a whole pile of headaches as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 14 min ChromiuMan 151,835
Andrew Olson 31 min sir loin 5
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 41 min Jennifer Renee 38,704
Married Cougar at Quanex 1 hr dman123 8
Woman In Black Dress and Glasses I Saw Leaving ... 1 hr Why So Serious 170
Idiots 6 hr GetALife 1
Old gateway store 7 hr David 4

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages