Missing teen girl in Berea
Kat

Nicholasville, KY

#6632 Feb 6, 2014
confused wrote:
I'm not sure if it's a rumor or not. I don't know where she is, but someone I know acted kind of weird when I was talking about the whole thing. They kept on giving scenarios and I felt really uncomfortable because that same person I think was either at the party or hung out with the same people Brooke was with that night. I'm not saying I know anything for a fact, but all I'm saying is this particular person was being really jumpy and throwing around different stories and different places that she might could be found. I'm kind of scared now to report because you guys said I need to be careful who I speak with...:/
I feel like it would not do anyone any good to not report it. The very smallest thing could be huge to an investigation. Brooke needs for people to be out there fighting for her. It's so sad to see so many forget or sure what seems like it. As far as being careful who you talk to, use the first number KSP post 7 to report to. Then u can speak to lead investigator. There have been many mentioned here with some odd behavior in this group of friends since she went missing and any lead or suspension should be followed up on. Good luck with your decision.
Concerned - London

East Bernstadt, KY

#6633 Feb 6, 2014
Just checking in... Prayers tonight for Brooke & for truth to prevail.. In Jesus's name AMEN!!!!
Your First Mistake

Ironton, OH

#6634 Feb 7, 2014
...was to expect logic or dispassionate, objective thought from amateur sleuths on a Topix forum.

This thread has become an outlet for those who seek to pass their time and feign relevance by taking pseudo-action on the internet. They are unencumbered by troublesome concepts like logic, the burden of proof, accountability or credibility.

Any random theory, passing thought or far-flung rumor can be presented here as if it were evidence, and all without consequence. All this random digital excrement has clouded things so much that it may will have dissuaded those with new, relevant testimony from using this venue to reveal it at all...

And that is for the best.

Those with something real to report should do so officially, using proper means and channels. Leave this embarrassment of a thread to those who have come to depend upon it for their artificial sense of purpose, self-aggrandizement, and as a morbid entertainment outlet. Do not encourage their illusions. Do not validate their shameful piggybacking of this tragedy by expecting anything more of them. All you'll get is more of the same.
Anon wrote:
For those who have thought all along that the family had something to do with it, I would really like to know why that is. Do u know something? Because from what I've read in the news articles and seen on here, it's pretty well established that she was with a group of friends and acquaintances at a party, then went to JH's house with him and maybe one or more others, and that's when whatever happened to her happened. To me, it doesn't seem like logical thinking to think that her family could have anything to do with it when they were nowhere around. It just seems like whoever says that must be sitting around thinking up nonsense or just making stuff up to try to get something started. Or have I missed something? Because it doesn't even seem like logical thinking to me, it just seems dumb.
Ed Hieronymus

Mckee, KY

#6635 Feb 7, 2014
Your First Mistake wrote:
...was to expect logic or dispassionate, objective thought from amateur sleuths on a Topix forum.
This thread has become an outlet for those who seek to pass their time and feign relevance by taking pseudo-action on the internet. They are unencumbered by troublesome concepts like logic, the burden of proof, accountability or credibility.
Any random theory, passing thought or far-flung rumor can be presented here as if it were evidence, and all without consequence. All this random digital excrement has clouded things so much that it may will have dissuaded those with new, relevant testimony from using this venue to reveal it at all...
And that is for the best.
Those with something real to report should do so officially, using proper means and channels. Leave this embarrassment of a thread to those who have come to depend upon it for their artificial sense of purpose, self-aggrandizement, and as a morbid entertainment outlet. Do not encourage their illusions. Do not validate their shameful piggybacking of this tragedy by expecting anything more of them. All you'll get is more of the same.
<quoted text>
So says a spokesperson for the side that really doesn't want the case solved. There's almost 100% certainty that Josh Hensley either a.) knows more than he's said or that b.) he and possibly some others actually murdered the girl themselves and that some bigwig in Madison County's Courthouse wants it covered up and that's the bottom line.
Probably Not Your First

Ironton, OH

#6636 Feb 7, 2014
I would love for all such outstanding cases to be solved, and the guilty brought to justice. I'm simply not operating under the ignorance or delusion that the resolution of this case has anything to do with this forum, or vice versa.

I am on the side of reality and reasonable thought, which is a clearly the minority position here. I am not a player in any imagined plot. Besides, it would be impossible to discredit anything herein, because to date, there is no credible information to be found here.

As to your accusations and percentages of certainty:

To which body of persons do you refer when giving so precise a level of (assumed) certainty, and how do they pertain to the official investigation and prosecution of this case?

What evidence or corroborated testimony do you have to indicate County level corruption in this case?

Additionally, what would County level corruption have to do with a State level investigation?

No one here is a qualified investigator.

This is not Hollywood. Gut feelings do not matter.

No one here has presented anything approaching evidence or corroborated witness testimony.

All anyone seems to offer is more of the same, which isn't helping. In fact, the unrefined onslaught of guesswork and conjecture, if anything, obfuscates any accidentally useful data that may creep into this pile.

And it's obvious to anyone with a clear deductive reasoning process that this topic become little more than a vehicle for certain recurring Topix personalities to draw focus to themselves and expound the importance of their "contributions" and ill-begotten conclusions, at the expense of fact, the actual pursuit of justice, and at the expense of those truly affected by this tragedy.
Ed Hieronymus wrote:
<quoted text>
So says a spokesperson for the side that really doesn't want the case solved. There's almost 100% certainty that Josh Hensley either a.) knows more than he's said or that b.) he and possibly some others actually murdered the girl themselves and that some bigwig in Madison County's Courthouse wants it covered up and that's the bottom line.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#6637 Feb 7, 2014
Probably Not Your First wrote:
I would love for all such outstanding cases to be solved, and the guilty brought to justice. I'm simply not operating under the ignorance or delusion that the resolution of this case has anything to do with this forum, or vice versa.
I am on the side of reality and reasonable thought, which is a clearly the minority position here. I am not a player in any imagined plot. Besides, it would be impossible to discredit anything herein, because to date, there is no credible information to be found here.
To which body of persons do you refer when giving so precise a level of (assumed) certainty, and how do they pertain to the official investigation and prosecution of this case?
What evidence or corroborated testimony do you have to indicate County level corruption in this case?
Additionally, what would County level corruption have to do with a State level investigation?
No one here has presented anything approaching evidence or corroborated witness testimony.
All anyone seems to offer is more of the same, which isn't helping. In fact, the unrefined onslaught of guesswork and conjecture, if anything, obfuscates any accidentally useful data that may creep into this pile.
And it's obvious to anyone with a clear deductive reasoning process that this topic become little more than a vehicle for certain recurring Topix personalities to draw focus to themselves and expound the importance of their "contributions" and ill-begotten conclusions, at the expense of fact, the actual pursuit of justice, and at the expense of those truly affected by this tragedy.
<quoted text>
So, you feel we are wasting our time. That's fine because, I now you are wasting yours.
Definately Not Your Last

Ironton, OH

#6638 Feb 7, 2014
Yes I do. Yes I am.

One of the differences between us is that I know and acknowledge that my words here are a waste of time, a killing of the hours on a quiet day off, pointing out idiocy in vain. I'm not pretending I'm a vital part of some noble quest for truth, playing (barely) intellectual verbal volleyball with recycled "what-if's" and 3rd & 4th-party "he/she-said's" as if they mattered.

Another difference is that I can spell the word "know."
--S-e-r-i-o-u-s-l-y-- wrote:
<quoted text>So, you feel we are wasting our time. That's fine because, I now you are wasting yours.

Location hidden

#6639 Feb 7, 2014
Definately Not Your Last wrote:
Yes I do. Yes I am.
One of the differences between us is that I know and acknowledge that my words here are a waste of time, a killing of the hours on a quiet day off, pointing out idiocy in vain. I'm not pretending I'm a vital part of some noble quest for truth, playing (barely) intellectual verbal volleyball with recycled "what-if's" and 3rd & 4th-party "he/she-said's" as if they mattered.
<quoted text>
K and Y stated acting up. Have to hit it reall hard. There it goes again.

Location hidden

#6640 Feb 7, 2014
started....need new computer already?
Ed Hieronymus

Mckee, KY

#6641 Feb 7, 2014
Probably Not Your First wrote:
<quoted text>
I derive the percentages from the fact that when a person is the last person to fail a lie detector test and they're the last person to see an individual then they almost always invariably turn out to be the guilty party.

And, it's quite apparent from your vocabulary that you have some ulterior reason for posting here. You're not just the average, uneducated Kentucky hick.

So what are you? Just someone that gets your jollies from nitpicking what other people are actually trying to do in a certain situation to help or do you have darker motives. It really could go either way.

What's your name and your profession?
Ed Hieronymus

Mckee, KY

#6642 Feb 7, 2014
Definately Not Your Last wrote:
Yes I do. Yes I am.
<quoted text>
And you spelled "definitely" ( https://www.facebook.com/pages/Its-DEFINITELY... ) incorrectly.
Ed Hieronymus

Mckee, KY

#6643 Feb 7, 2014
Ed Hieronymus wrote:
<quoted text>
I derive the percentages from the fact that when a person is the last person to fail a lie detector test and they're the last person to see an individual then they almost always invariably turn out to be the guilty party.
And, it's quite apparent from your vocabulary that you have some ulterior reason for posting here. You're not just the average, uneducated Kentucky hick.
So what are you? Just someone that gets your jollies from nitpicking what other people are actually trying to do in a certain situation to help or do you have darker motives. It really could go either way.
And how long has it been since there has been any official declaration from any of the proper authorities about anything pertaining to this case?

Usually when authorities are for the most part totally silent in a matter, then that will raise eyebrows. And at the very least, they shouldn't be surprised that interested parties have engaged in wild and rampant theorizing if they're not willing to give out any pertinent information themselves.

At this rate, there probably won't be anything said about this case until next June when they mark the one year anniversary with the standard "Well, we're just following up all the leads we have yata yata yata."
really

United States

#6644 Feb 7, 2014
One voice of reason in a chorus if idiots. Lmfai
Ed Hieronymus

Mckee, KY

#6645 Feb 7, 2014
really wrote:
One voice of reason in a chorus if idiots. Lmfai
And it's not yours, idiot. LMFAO!!!!!
really

United States

#6646 Feb 8, 2014
Ed Hieronymus wrote:
<quoted text>
And it's not yours, idiot. LMFAO!!!!!
oh yes you are the poster child for mental illnesses!
lol

Ironton, OH

#6647 Feb 8, 2014
....and it still thinks THIS is "trying to do" something. hilarious.
Ed Hieronymus wrote:
<quoted text>
Ed Hieronymus

Mckee, KY

#6648 Feb 8, 2014
really wrote:
<quoted text>oh yes you are the poster child for mental illnesses!
Wrong. I'm the sanest person anyone will ever meet. Try again.
Ed Hieronymus

Mckee, KY

#6649 Feb 8, 2014
lol wrote:
....and it still thinks THIS is "trying to do" something. hilarious.
<quoted text>
Oh, it is clown.
Sad Fact

Ironton, OH

#6650 Feb 8, 2014
If this disappearance was indeed the result of foul play, but occurred without witnesses, without any hard evidence, and without any perps suffering a crisis of conscience and coming forward to confess, there can be no traction.

None of that has been nor is very likely to be presented here.

It doesn't take corruption or conspiracy to freeze a case when there's simply no trail that hasn't already been followed to its end; historically, more than 30% of homicides in KY go unsolved annually, and that's when homicide is a certainty -- this case lacks the evidence to support that conclusion. Oh, the supposed polygraph results mentioned repeatedly here draw ample "Topix Detective" suspicion, but there is no official mention to be found from any reputable outlet of such a test ever being conducted. The employment of polygraphs as a part of an on-going investigation would not be revealed to the public, anyway. This leads me to believe that the polygraph tidbit is straight inflammatory BS.

This thread has collected thousands of posts expressing sympathy and support, but thousands more of mere opinion and guesswork. The latter is in a way appropriate, given that this is an opinion and discussion forum. However, such posts often contain unfounded and defaming accusations, suspicions, and conspiracy theories that have no basis in hard fact.

Reason and good sense should caution participants against adopting or perpetuating the misguided belief that this futile exercise is anything more than that, or that they're doing the case itself or the anguished loved ones any favors. The only people this thread is serving now are those using it for their digital playground, piggybacking a tragedy for entertainment or for personal digital validation. It is not activism, it is not action, it is not in any stretch of the definition helping.
Ed Hieronymus

Mckee, KY

#6651 Feb 8, 2014
Sad Fact wrote:
If this disappearance was indeed the result of foul play, but occurred without witnesses, without any hard evidence, and without any perps suffering a crisis of conscience and coming forward to confess, there can be no traction.
None of that has been nor is very likely to be presented here.
It doesn't take corruption or conspiracy to freeze a case when there's simply no trail that hasn't already been followed to its end; historically, more than 30% of homicides in KY go unsolved annually, and that's when homicide is a certainty -- this case lacks the evidence to support that conclusion. Oh, the supposed polygraph results mentioned repeatedly here draw ample "Topix Detective" suspicion, but there is no official mention to be found from any reputable outlet of such a test ever being conducted. The employment of polygraphs as a part of an on-going investigation would not be revealed to the public, anyway. This leads me to believe that the polygraph tidbit is straight inflammatory BS.
This thread has collected thousands of posts expressing sympathy and support, but thousands more of mere opinion and guesswork. The latter is in a way appropriate, given that this is an opinion and discussion forum. However, such posts often contain unfounded and defaming accusations, suspicions, and conspiracy theories that have no basis in hard fact.
Reason and good sense should caution participants against adopting or perpetuating the misguided belief that this futile exercise is anything more than that, or that they're doing the case itself or the anguished loved ones any favors. The only people this thread is serving now are those using it for their digital playground, piggybacking a tragedy for entertainment or for personal digital validation. It is not activism, it is not action, it is not in any stretch of the definition helping.
Blah, Blah, Blah it has been reported that Josh Hensley failed a lie detector test in this case. That should constitute some evidence because the results of lie detector tests are not considered to be worthless by academic professionals ( http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2935... ).

However, maybe it's just a rumor, and he didn't take any lie detector tests. If he hasn't in fact taken a lie detector test and he is in fact stating the truth exactly as it happened, then he should step forth and take a lie detector test and pass it with flying colors to clear his good name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
were sonsi and chew really found out jigwater?? (Jul '10) 2 hr Webster 14
Mayor Barnes 3 hr Concerned citizen 7
eduardo hernandez alfaro 5 hr David Hopkins 6
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr Wendy 171,963
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 5 hr Rocko Bender 42,688
Dr. Pittman (May '11) 6 hr Chester Cheeto 11
Melissa Lewis 6 hr IDK 6

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance