Good apartments to stay at while atte...
Cheap

Richmond, KY

#22 Jun 27, 2009
IAMTHEMAN wrote:
I got food stamps as a student, and I can tell you that this is exactly the population who needs to use them. I was able to otherwise support myself and go to school full time because of the $110 a month in stamps I got. I have paid back what I was given many times over in taxes as a single person and volunteering.
The last I checked, any student awarded federal work study could collect them, and I think they should do so without embarrassment or judgement.
\This is so freakin true!
Max Power

Spartanburg, SC

#23 Jun 28, 2009
Dress like a woman and stay in a girls' dorm. IT worked for Tom Hanks in Bosom Buddies. Otherwise, make sure your roommie doesn't fool around on your couch.
just curious

Richmond, KY

#24 Jun 28, 2009
god wrote:
I'm a freshman right now and I'm going to rent an apartment in the upcoming Fall semester. I was just wondering, what are some good apartments to stay at around the $500 a month range?
I've been renting in Richmond for 10 years now. Avoid Hager! Their places REALLY aren't cute with that horrid dark wood paneling I see in almost every place I've been in. Also, they charge a $500.00 pet deposit and will rip you out of your deposit over little things. Just out of experience.
I'd try Foxglove. Their office is on the bypass on that hill behind Dairy Queen and Zaxby's. They should be okay. I wouldn't go East Ridge, however. WAY too much for shabbily made apartments. I've actually lived on the OUTSIDE edge of Shawnee Trail for about 5 years and LOVE it. Great land lord. Lenient and lets you paint. Avoid the MIDDLE of Shawnee Trail. We're down on 2nd Street, past the high school.
BUT, just so you know, your parents have to live within a certain radius for you to be under 21 and live off campus. EKU checks on that stuff, I think.
Honestly, though, I'd try a dorm on campus for at LEAST one year. It's a cool experience that everyone should try just once. Then maybe think about moving.
Good luck!
whats up

United States

#25 Jun 28, 2009
stay far away from foxglove
Sherman Jaggers

Burkesville, KY

#26 Jun 28, 2009
Cheap wrote:
<quoted text>
All ova da city, look them up online at hager.com or foxglove.com many of them are in walking distance from eku and all along the bypass
Thank you so much i'm looking for an apartment too.. Is there a phone number i can call ??
Blah

Richmond, KY

#27 Jun 28, 2009
Personally, I lived in Eastridge for about a year and a half and I had very terrible customer service from those people. They CONTINUOUSLY gave us "Warning" notices stuck in our door for loud music/partying or whatever but it just simply was not occurring. We didn't do it and when we tried arguing with them they basically said that they "knew" it was us but wouldn't explain how. On top of that, they have this cutesy little clause in their contracts that allow them to charge you "overages" for utility usage if your apartment is over their "average" bill. I'd say probably about 6-8 times my roommate and I received one of those. It was highly arbitrary as it ranged from $20-$40 each time. Doesn't sound like much but it sure added up. They also refused to let us look at any kind of paperwork to show us how and where the overage was occurring. They also upped their rent $50 midway through the lease, which made NO sense to me whatsoever. Why sign a contract if they can arbitrarily raise it whenever they want? When we moved out, we SCRUBBED and clean that place until it was spotless and they only gave us half of our deposit back.

I won't rent from them again, but again that's just because of my personal experience with them.. hopefully everyone else has better luck than I do.
need info

London, KY

#28 Jun 29, 2009
i need info on the apartments down on lancaster ave??
Duh

Richmond, KY

#29 Jun 29, 2009
need info wrote:
i need info on the apartments down on lancaster ave??
Drive 2 them, the signs have contact info on them
Questionable Poster

Richmond, KY

#30 Jun 29, 2009
I've noticed in the last year or two a lot of landlords have started asking WAY WAY to much rent for their crappy little apartments.

They forget this is richmond. And they try to screw the college kids. Ive seen 4 bedroom apt's advertised for 425 per bed!!

In this economy?
Max Power

United States

#31 Jun 29, 2009
Stay in your parents' basement. It seems to work for most of the people on this message board.
maxi the brother to max

Richmond, KY

#32 Jun 30, 2009
Max Power wrote:
Stay in your parents' basement. It seems to work for most of the people
Oh Max, glad you mentioned mom, she said you left your underwear and the condom by her bed when you left last night and if we're not careful dad is going to find out about our rendezvous with her.
need info

Somerset, KY

#33 Jul 1, 2009
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Drive 2 them, the signs have contact info on them
well DUH I kinda figured that much...I want to know info about what kind of place it is, expensive, landlords, ammenities, etc...anyone know anything they can offer word wise? i don't even know the name of the complex (if it has one) someone just told me something about apartments on lancaster ave
duh

Richmond, KY

#34 Jul 2, 2009
need info wrote:
<quoted text>
well DUH I kinda figured that much...I want to know info about what kind of place it is, expensive, landlords, ammenities, etc...anyone know anything they can offer word wise? i don't even know the name of the complex (if it has one) someone just told me something about apartments on lancaster ave
They are a lil expensive I would suggest only living there when school is not in session because with all the college kids living over there its like party central I do not know the name of the Landlord but the apartments are nice and spacious on the inside. Everyone that I knew that stayed over that way had at least 2 roommates though because they are expensive.
lancasterave

Richmond, KY

#35 Jul 2, 2009
stone creek community formerly heyers trailer park ownes them. lived there. tiny 1 bedroom was 450 and 2 bedroom was 675 and 3 bed was 900 ut included. it is party central. Gene Lowery runs them. six two five five seven five seven
colonel

Lexington, KY

#36 Jul 3, 2009
god wrote:
I'm a freshman right now and I'm going to rent an apartment in the upcoming Fall semester. I was just wondering, what are some good apartments to stay at around the $500 a month range?
If you are a freshman you are required to stay on campus, unless you are commuting. The only way you can commute is if your parents live close by.
Renting

Sheridan, AR

#37 Jul 3, 2009
god wrote:
STAY AWAY from Hager Rental they will hit you with a mass of charges when you try to move. ex...30 dollors to remove cobwebs
foxglove sucks

Jackson, KY

#38 Jul 7, 2009
what ever you do do not rent foxglove they are the absolute worst ask anybody the have the worst rep in town
True

Georgetown, KY

#39 Jul 7, 2009
Stay away from Foxglove, Smith Ballard, Turpin and Smith Village. North Keeneland is O.K., and there are other apartments all over the place. If you're a young college student looking to have a good time, Argyll is the party place.
looking

Sheridan, AR

#40 Aug 27, 2009
is there a website for the stone creek community down on lancaster ave. is this the one they call shamrock? i'm confused. it has so many names
Lived there

Winchester, KY

#41 Aug 27, 2009
if you haven't found an apartment yet i lived at 210 s 3rd street for years nice apartments student friendly .If you walk down through Irvine MCdowell park you are on south third across from Opals resturant.call623-5704 to see if apt available to look at.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 1 hr JAX RuLz IDOL 33,774
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 1 hr JAX RuLz IDOL 21,886
New Investigation for Jesse 1 hr lmao 287
Is Whiskey Barrel staying closed? 1 hr truth 9
Wally & Becky 2 hr Corvette 1
I Am in An Ungodly Amount of Pain. 2 hr Edward Hieronymus 512
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr chinwendu1 142,309
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages