Pikeville, KY

#1 Jun 9, 2012
does anyone on here have obsessive compulsive disorder, or scrupulosity?

Boynton Beach, FL

#2 Jun 9, 2012

Pikeville, KY

#3 Jun 9, 2012
I`ve had it for about as long as I can remember in one form or another. It and the anxiety cost me a good career and really messed up my life in general. Tried treatment, meds, self help books with little progress. Since about age 25 it has been mostly scrupulosity.
Wonder if you`ve made any progress.

Richmond, KY

#4 Jun 9, 2012
Ive had it since I was a child.

Richmond, KY

#5 Jun 9, 2012
Therapy and Prozac helped me. It's better but has never completely gone away.

Pikeville, KY

#6 Jun 10, 2012
Is there a support group for people with ocd in Richmond?

United States

#7 Jun 10, 2012
Not that im aware of. Psychiatrist and psychologist is my method. Good luck

Pikeville, KY

#8 Jun 10, 2012
Thanks for the Reply, I`ve done that and feel I need a support group. Wish you the best.

Richmond, KY

#9 Jun 10, 2012
Same here. Psychologist and psychiatrist. Don't know of a group. Probably one in lex. There's a creditable website for the OCD foundation that may be helpful in finding a group. Google OCD foundation.

Lexington, KY

#10 Jun 11, 2012
If u do find one please post. Also there is a book by edna foa that is worth reading. Shes the nations leading expert. Book is short with a purple cover. Cant remember exact name. Might simply be called ocd. You can find it on amazon and it is fairly inexpensive.

Pikeville, KY

#11 Jun 12, 2012
Thanks, for the info. Samaritan hospital used to have a support group. Don`t know about now or the cost. If I learn more I will post it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quanex again 2 min You cant handle t... 8
Thoughts of you 19 min pure 57
new polls.. TRUMP surging again, rapidly 27 min Mdh 5
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 29 min ChromiuMan 155,037
Guess Who Is Still Going To Be Getting His Cla... 33 min Never 1,921
Would you turn in drug dealer for large cash re... (Jun '09) 42 min David 187
I'm ready to play 1 hr David 2

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages