Child Care Assistance Programs Dramat...
good

Ashland, KY

#23 Feb 1, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
well parents can't make their kids choices after they are of age. I am caring for two kids because their parents passed away. And I work full time . You need to stop being so judgmental and realize you may be in the same shoes one day! Maybe you will lose your job and won't find another. Then you would be the one in their shoes. I don't get any other help but childcare. I provide food and clothes and a roof over their head. Grow up and have a heart.
Kudos to you for doing the right thing. If their parents are dead, why aren't the children receiving social security payments?
really

Hoffman Estates, IL

#24 Feb 2, 2013
good wrote:
<quoted text>Kudos to you for doing the right thing. If their parents are dead, why aren't the children receiving social security payments?
up until yesterday, I had no clue there was such a thing. I called them and setup an appointment so I am praying we can just get enough to cover childcare. That is all I need. If I can get that then I can provide the rest!
sad

Tucker, GA

#25 Feb 2, 2013
I think it's terribly sad about the cuts, for the people that don't abuse the system. I myself am a single mother/college student. I am blessed that my kids don't have to go to Daycare, my mom watches them, thank God! But, there are people who are trying to better themselves and don't have a good support system.
One thing I will say to the nay Sayers on here, I'm pretty sure in order to receive child care assistance, you have to have a job or be in school.
And to the person who said get rid of food stamps and start giving out commodities, how dare you! Food stamps are the ONLY Govt. Assistance I receive, I don't have five kids, I'm not abusing the system, I've worked, and one day I might just be your nurse! My children deserve to drink milk, eat meat and to even have chips every now and then.
Their momma (me) is a good person! I've always worked hard and continue to do so! Their father, well he's scum. Don't punish my children for their fathers down fall. Even though he doesn't pay child support,I refuse to get welfare.
ronnie garvin

Ripon, WI

#26 Feb 2, 2013
sad wrote:
I think it's terribly sad about the cuts, for the people that don't abuse the system. I myself am a single mother/college student. I am blessed that my kids don't have to go to Daycare, my mom watches them, thank God! But, there are people who are trying to better themselves and don't have a good support system.
One thing I will say to the nay Sayers on here, I'm pretty sure in order to receive child care assistance, you have to have a job or be in school.
And to the person who said get rid of food stamps and start giving out commodities, how dare you! Food stamps are the ONLY Govt. Assistance I receive, I don't have five kids, I'm not abusing the system, I've worked, and one day I might just be your nurse! My children deserve to drink milk, eat meat and to even have chips every now and then.
Their momma (me) is a good person! I've always worked hard and continue to do so! Their father, well he's scum. Don't punish my children for their fathers down fall. Even though he doesn't pay child support,I refuse to get welfare.
if you made the father pay support, then your kids would have chips and Debbie cakes. You need your a$$ stomped. Now Ronnie Garvin is supporting your kids.
Mark

Tucker, GA

#27 Feb 2, 2013
ronnie garvin wrote:
<quoted text>if you made the father pay support, then your kids would have chips and Debbie cakes. You need your a$$ stomped. Now Ronnie Garvin is supporting your kids.
Ronnie garvin is supporting his local politicians. You are going to pay regardless if anyone gets help or not. I say if you can get money out of the government, get it. I don't care who don't like it.
good

Ashland, KY

#28 Feb 2, 2013
sad wrote:
No one was referring to you obviously. If you're looking for a pat on the back, here ya go! If you're working towards getting off of public assistance to become a hard-working self-supporting taxpayer, good for you!! Kudos! No one begrudges you help. That's what the assistance is for.

However, apparently you should have chosen a better father for your kids, huh? You made that decision all alone. No one forced you to sleep with a loser. Bad choices have consequences. Learn from your past and don't make the same mistakes.

As for the commodities (I made that comment)...My momma was a very good person too yet we lived on commodities for a year when I was a child. We didn't starve, mainly because my mom was a creative cook. Why is it your children DESERVE chips and such when my siblings and I didn't? We survived just fine and grew up to become responsible adults. We didn't require therapy because we were permanently scarred from being poor either. lol.

You'll feel differently when you're watching losers live INDEFINITELY off the tax money YOU are paying in. You'll get angry and feel like the money you're paying into the system is money you worked hard for and earned; money that rightfully should belong to you and your children...but you'll be forced to pay for others' so they can sit at home and do nothing.

I don't like to hear people whine either, after a year or two of being unemployed, that they can't find a job anywhere. What they mean is they can't find a job that pays as well as their previous job or that pays as well as the govt does.(The govt apparently pays pretty well if they can afford the internet, while claiming they're destitute). Why work when they don't have to? And it never dawns on them to move to wherever there are jobs. Pack up your family and go wherever you have to! Get the required training you'll need to start a new career and get off the assistance! I didn't like leaving home either but I did it when I had to. I didn't like working two jobs but I did it when I had to. We have a nation full of worthless, irresponsible wussies now who have no idea how to step up and be men. Half the young men out there will knock up a woman and never marry her because they can get more crap off the govt if she stays single and raises bastards. The other half will walk off and cause their children to be raised on govt assistance. It's shameful.

I don't mind paying taxes to help those who are trying to help themselves. I just have a problem with those who make it their life's ambition to get whatever they can for free for as long as possible simply because they can. These people have scamming the system down to an art form. They are POS losers.
wow

United States

#29 Feb 2, 2013
Honestly, some people are just terrible. I have a friend who is a single mother. She is a fulltime student, and holds a full time job. She lives in a city where none of her family resides. She needs child care assistance and foodstamps. She pays all her bills and always makes sure her kids are taken care of before herself has anything. I dnt think its necessary for these programs to be cut or ended. They should just be more thorough when deciding who gets assistance; account for everything. And they should only get it if they work or are unable to work due to medical condition. I know ppl who have nothin wrong with them and choose to have kids they can't support (one has 5) and gets a check from the state, now that I am definitely against. She has no reason not to work. Also the politicians are paid way too much. And some public offices held are still paid after their term ends. I dnt know about you, but that's unfair. I mean, I don't get paid for any of my old jobs still. Why should they get to? That is where your tax dollars are going. Sooo do some research....
Mark

Tucker, GA

#30 Feb 2, 2013
good wrote:
No one was referring to you obviously. If you're looking for a pat on the back, here ya go! If you're working towards getting off of public assistance to become a hard-working self-supporting taxpayer, good for you!! Kudos! No one begrudges you help. That's what the assistance is for.

However, apparently you should have chosen a better father for your kids, huh? You made that decision all alone. No one forced you to sleep with a loser. Bad choices have consequences. Learn from your past and don't make the same mistakes.

As for the commodities (I made that comment)...My momma was a very good person too yet we lived on commodities for a year when I was a child. We didn't starve, mainly because my mom was a creative cook. Why is it your children DESERVE chips and such when my siblings and I didn't? We survived just fine and grew up to become responsible adults. We didn't require therapy because we were permanently scarred from being poor either. lol.

You'll feel differently when you're watching losers live INDEFINITELY off the tax money YOU are paying in. You'll get angry and feel like the money you're paying into the system is money you worked hard for and earned; money that rightfully should belong to you and your children...but you'll be forced to pay for others' so they can sit at home and do nothing.

I don't like to hear people whine either, after a year or two of being unemployed, that they can't find a job anywhere. What they mean is they can't find a job that pays as well as their previous job or that pays as well as the govt does.(The govt apparently pays pretty well if they can afford the internet, while claiming they're destitute). Why work when they don't have to? And it never dawns on them to move to wherever there are jobs. Pack up your family and go wherever you have to! Get the required training you'll need to start a new career and get off the assistance! I didn't like leaving home either but I did it when I had to. I didn't like working two jobs but I did it when I had to. We have a nation full of worthless, irresponsible wussies now who have no idea how to step up and be men. Half the young men out there will knock up a woman and never marry her because they can get more crap off the govt if she stays single and raises bastards. The other half will walk off and cause their children to be raised on govt assistance. It's shameful.

I don't mind paying taxes to help those who are trying to help themselves. I just have a problem with those who make it their life's ambition to get whatever they can for free for as long as possible simply because they can. These people have scamming the system down to an art form. They are POS losers.
you don't mind paying taxes because you don't have a choice. I pay taxes. I haven't been unemployed in over 23 years. But I don't blame the poor people because the government takes half my check. Yes half. A third off the top and the rest when I spend what's left. Your politicians got private jets and you want to blame people who struggle.
ronnie garvin

Whitewater, WI

#31 Feb 2, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronnie garvin is supporting his local politicians. You are going to pay regardless if anyone gets help or not. I say if you can get money out of the government, get it. I don't care who don't like it.
It's who doesn't like it. With your intelligence, Ronnie Garvin now understands why you draw a check from the government. You need your a$$ stomped by Ronnie Garvin. You will not need to pay taxes on it. Free of charge from Ronnie Garvin.
OldPreacherMan

Kuttawa, KY

#33 Feb 3, 2013
isee wrote:
I see how this works. The trailer trash says I can't afford day care so I will just quit my job sign up on welfare and food stamps and every other entitlement program until it costs the state more in the long run. Cut out the food stamps. And welfare programs too if they can't afford to feed their kids take them away put in foster care and make the parents pay child support. Tired of my tax dollars supporting dead beats.
In case you aren't informed, the foster care program in Kentucky, as in most of the states, is overloaded as it is. Not enough foster homes. It is hard pressed to find places for kids that really have to be taken out of the home. Put a huge number of new kids into it where the only problem is their parents poverty and the system will collapse.
OldPreacherMan

Kuttawa, KY

#34 Feb 3, 2013
wow wrote:
Honestly, some people are just terrible. I have a friend who is a single mother. She is a fulltime student, and holds a full time job. She lives in a city where none of her family resides. She needs child care assistance and foodstamps. She pays all her bills and always makes sure her kids are taken care of before herself has anything. I dnt think its necessary for these programs to be cut or ended. They should just be more thorough when deciding who gets assistance; account for everything. And they should only get it if they work or are unable to work due to medical condition. I know ppl who have nothin wrong with them and choose to have kids they can't support (one has 5) and gets a check from the state, now that I am definitely against. She has no reason not to work. Also the politicians are paid way too much. And some public offices held are still paid after their term ends. I dnt know about you, but that's unfair. I mean, I don't get paid for any of my old jobs still. Why should they get to? That is where your tax dollars are going. Sooo do some research....
I've never met one of the "quit paying the deadbeats" types who wasn't penny wise and dollar stupid. They want single mothers to work, but don't want to pay for day care so that she can. Instead of investing in things that enable the working poor to make their way out of poverty, the cost cutters actually make it impossible for them to do so, and force them down into the non-working "deadbeat" class that they despise.
wise man

Ashland, KY

#35 Feb 4, 2013
OldPreacherMan wrote:
<quoted text>I've never met one of the "quit paying the deadbeats" types who wasn't penny wise and dollar stupid. They want single mothers to work, but don't want to pay for day care so that she can. Instead of investing in things that enable the working poor to make their way out of poverty, the cost cutters actually make it impossible for them to do so, and force them down into the non-working "deadbeat" class that they despise.
You may be the most intelligent person I have seen comment from on this whole site! These types of folks really just want a reason to complain about any and everything. They really just follow what they see on tv and hate just to hate. They don't want solutions to the problem. They simply want to stand with their chest out saying "I'm better than you!" Because sadly enough, their minuscule financial mobility (in comparison to those they trash)oddly enough, gives them a perceived reason to talk down on others whom really may be the most humble, loving, and blessed individuals. They are really miserable inside so they MUST find someone else to cast stones on to distract from the boulders falling on their heads. What they don't get is that the real wealthy population in this country, doesn't have time or energy, let alone the pretentious attitudes to treat lower income folks this way!!! Those people spend much more money than this whole states worth of miserables do on feeding the hungry per household. And they enjoy it! But what can I say? We are in KY! Everyone's so poor here that the mid-poor hate the impoverished and step on their heads to get to the top! I'm pretty sure there's a proverb warning against doing that very thing. Pray for KY Preacher Man! Just Pray!
Divon

United States

#36 Feb 4, 2013
lesson wrote:
I have always wondered about the people who get paid to watch their own grand kids, that is one think i have never agreed with
Until you've had to raise yours on a fixed income you shouldn't judge. What I don't agree with is how the system will put several children in a relatives home and not automatically give them enough food stamps and money to raise them with, while their deadbeat parents is living it up on theirs that don't get cut off. Or how foster care can pay $1000.00 per kid and you have to fight to get the measly $300.00 for kinship care.
foster

Berea, KY

#37 Feb 4, 2013
Foster care is a joke. I have never seen anyone do it except for the money. Which I guess is why they are on here complaining about not getting enough of it. Not like they care about the kids only how much money they get for them.
Mark

Tucker, GA

#38 Feb 4, 2013
foster wrote:
Foster care is a joke. I have never seen anyone do it except for the money. Which I guess is why they are on here complaining about not getting enough of it. Not like they care about the kids only how much money they get for them.
are you giving anybody else's kid a home. If you aren't then don't talk about people who are. I know several people including myself who are raising other peoples kids. My kid is grown and in college and I'm getting to old to chase a toddler around but I have a good home for a child to grow up in. It sure isn't for the money because 300 dollars a month doesn't even cover the day care at 420 a month. I have to work.
foster

Berea, KY

#39 Feb 4, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
are you giving anybody else's kid a home. If you aren't then don't talk about people who are. I know several people including myself who are raising other peoples kids. My kid is grown and in college and I'm getting to old to chase a toddler around but I have a good home for a child to grow up in. It sure isn't for the money because 300 dollars a month doesn't even cover the day care at 420 a month. I have to work.
The only person you are fooling is yourself. Even if you are only fostering as under kinship guardian, it is more than 300. If I remember correctly, it is closer to 450 per child. Regular fostering is closer to 1000 a month. Then throw in food stamps, medical cards etc that you may qualify for. I know several couples with three foster kids where it is their only income and they live nicely. If you are only getting 300 a month you are doing something wrong or most likely full of shit.
Mark

Tucker, GA

#40 Feb 4, 2013
foster wrote:
people deserve more money than they will get. They give up most of their life to help kids get a good start at their life.
really

United States

#41 Feb 4, 2013
foster wrote:
<quoted text>The only person you are fooling is yourself. Even if you are only fostering as under kinship guardian, it is more than 300. If I remember correctly, it is closer to 450 per child. Regular fostering is closer to 1000 a month. Then throw in food stamps, medical cards etc that you may qualify for. I know several couples with three foster kids where it is their only income and they live nicely. If you are only getting 300 a month you are doing something wrong or most likely full of shit.
actually mark you are wrong. Kinship care is 300.00 per child thank you! I should know I am caring for my cousins twins. I work 40+ hours a week and I don't do it for the money. I do it because I love the children. It takes more than 300.00 per month to raise a child. I don't get food stamps or Any assistance besides the childcare! Remember judge not lest though be judged!
really

United States

#42 Feb 4, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>actually foster you are wrong. Kinship care is 300.00 per child thank you! I should know I am caring for my cousins twins. I work 40+ hours a week and I don't do it for the money. I do it because I love the children. It takes more than 300.00 per month to raise a child. I don't get food stamps or Any assistance besides the childcare! Remember judge not lest though be judged!
sorry I put Mark and it was foster
Mark

Tucker, GA

#43 Feb 5, 2013
foster wrote:
<quoted text>The only person you are fooling is yourself. Even if you are only fostering as under kinship guardian, it is more than 300. If I remember correctly, it is closer to 450 per child. Regular fostering is closer to 1000 a month. Then throw in food stamps, medical cards etc that you may qualify for. I know several couples with three foster kids where it is their only income and they live nicely. If you are only getting 300 a month you are doing something wrong or most likely full of shit.
I am raising my great niece. She was 4 months old and 7 pounds when I got her. She will be 4 this year. Look if you are not helping get these kids that need it your just an ass for even opening your mouth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm Done 6 min Edward Hieronymus 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min LMS 148,325
Final Analysis 10 min RevoltED 32
Thinking About M Now 24 min Edward Hieronymus 107
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 59 min Jennifer Renee 37,822
The person who constantly posts about "David" 1 hr David 9
Can't take it anymore 2 hr Tired of being ha... 36
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages