Child Care Assistance Programs Dramat...

Child Care Assistance Programs Dramatically Cut in Kentucky

Posted in the Richmond Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
good

Ashland, KY

#1 Jan 31, 2013
http://m.kentucky.com/Lexington/db_101077/con...

FRANKFORT — The state will dramatically cut child care assistance to low income families and will pay no new subsidies to relatives raising abused or neglected children beginning in April, state officials announced Tuesday.

The cuts to two key programs come as the Cabinet for Health and Family Services is trying to fill a projected $86.6 million shortfall in the budget for the Department for Community Based Services, which oversees child and adult protection and other programs such as food stamps.

The cabinet has been able to plug $59.3 million in state cuts since 2009 with a combination of federal stimulus dollars, other federal money and general cost-saving measures. But the federal dollars used to offset those cuts have been depleted, said Cabinet for Health and Family Services Secretary Audrey Tayse Haynes. At the same time, the demand for services has increased, she said.

continued at link
isee

Berea, KY

#2 Jan 31, 2013
I see how this works. The trailer trash says I can't afford day care so I will just quit my job sign up on welfare and food stamps and every other entitlement program until it costs the state more in the long run. Cut out the food stamps. And welfare programs too if they can't afford to feed their kids take them away put in foster care and make the parents pay child support. Tired of my tax dollars supporting dead beats.
good

Ashland, KY

#3 Jan 31, 2013
Losers will figure out ways to screw over the taxpayers and continue to be losers no matter what. I wish they'd cut out foodstamps altogether and go back to giving out commodities. Powdered milk, eggs and bags of rice will make people want to get off their lazy butts and work.
lesson

London, KY

#5 Feb 1, 2013
I have always wondered about the people who get paid to watch their own grand kids, that is one think i have never agreed with
Mark

Tucker, GA

#6 Feb 1, 2013
Your government is lining their pockets with your tax money and all of you want to blame the struggling poor people. There is not one poor person that has forced you to pay tax. The people to blame is the very ones you vote for. If you all had to depend on what they give as assistance you would see its not luxury.
iknow

Berea, KY

#7 Feb 1, 2013
Mark wrote:
Your government is lining their pockets with your tax money and all of you want to blame the struggling poor people. There is not one poor person that has forced you to pay tax. The people to blame is the very ones you vote for. If you all had to depend on what they give as assistance you would see its not luxury.
What a crock. I usually work 50 hours a week and my wife works 40. Yet she has a neice married to a deadbeat. Neither have worked a day in their lives except to pop out four kids. They both draw checks and one of the kids does. Both are more able to work than me. They get more in food stamps than my wife earns. They sell half the food stamps and live better than we do with no kids. Don't even try to say its not easy to live off the government. Wish I could make two thousand a month and get all my bills and rent subsidised. I would quit my job sell my house and live the easy life.
Mark

Tucker, GA

#8 Feb 1, 2013
iknow wrote:
<quoted text>What a crock. I usually work 50 hours a week and my wife works 40. Yet she has a neice married to a deadbeat. Neither have worked a day in their lives except to pop out four kids. They both draw checks and one of the kids does. Both are more able to work than me. They get more in food stamps than my wife earns. They sell half the food stamps and live better than we do with no kids. Don't even try to say its not easy to live off the government. Wish I could make two thousand a month and get all my bills and rent subsidised. I would quit my job sell my house and live the easy life.
there is no reason you can't live like they do. Go for it. What have you got to loose?
not trailer trash

Berea, KY

#9 Feb 1, 2013
"I See There"- are people out there struggling!!
Many people that work are out there struggling just as hard as you, maybe,,,maybe even more so!!
One of your comments made me really upset!!!...
NOT all people that live in a trailer are trash!!!
I just happen to live in a mobile home,,,thats all
we can afford at this time! Please think with YOUR heart before you put others down!
good

Ashland, KY

#10 Feb 1, 2013
not trailer trash wrote:
"I See There"- are people out there struggling!!
Many people that work are out there struggling just as hard as you, maybe,,,maybe even more so!!
One of your comments made me really upset!!!...
NOT all people that live in a trailer are trash!!!
I just happen to live in a mobile home,,,thats all
we can afford at this time! Please think with YOUR heart before you put others down!
Obviously, if you're working and not living off the taxpayers, no one was talking about you. You need a thicker skin. I worked and lived in a mobile home for many years until I could buy a house in a decent neighborhood.
Still, we both know that plenty of pure trash comes out of trailer parks and they're proud of it. These are the people who have no interest in bettering their lives. The govt makes it so easy for them by taking YOUR money and giving it to them. That's what should make you angry!
wtf

Richmond, KY

#11 Feb 1, 2013
good wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, if you're working and not living off the taxpayers, no one was talking about you. You need a thicker skin. I worked and lived in a mobile home for many years until I could buy a house in a decent neighborhood.
Still, we both know that plenty of pure trash comes out of trailer parks and they're proud of it. These are the people who have no interest in bettering their lives. The govt makes it so easy for them by taking YOUR money and giving it to them. That's what should make you angry!
Actually that case of profiling is incorrect. Most of the trash that I have seen is people with parents that had money. They take there parents money and buy pills to get strung out on. I have seen so many used to be rich kids strung out on 30s stealing from stores and robbing people to get their fix.
wtf

Richmond, KY

#12 Feb 1, 2013
iknow wrote:
<quoted text>
What a crock. I usually work 50 hours a week and my wife works 40. Yet she has a neice married to a deadbeat. Neither have worked a day in their lives except to pop out four kids. They both draw checks and one of the kids does. Both are more able to work than me. They get more in food stamps than my wife earns. They sell half the food stamps and live better than we do with no kids. Don't even try to say its not easy to live off the government. Wish I could make two thousand a month and get all my bills and rent subsidised. I would quit my job sell my house and live the easy life.
Sounds like your just mad at your wifes niece. Not everybody who gets help is like that. I had to seek help a while back. I was working 50+ hrs a week. Then a few years ago I got laid off and my company got shut down back when all that recession shit hit. I have 3 kids and a wife. Neither of us could find a job at the time cause everybody was looking for one. We had no choice it was either sign up for assistance or let my family become homeless and starve. So that makes us bad parents? We should have our kids took from us and put in foster care and pay child support on them? All because we hit a hard time and was having a little trouble we deserve all that? Your going to pay taxes regardless if it doesn't go to the people who need it, it will go in the politicians pockets. You are a horrible person and I hope you have kids and need a handout one day. I hope your not able to get it, your kids get took from you and your wife leaves you because of it. I would kick your ass if I knew who or where you are. You insensitive prick! Not all people are worthless just because they need assistance for a little while. There are users but not all are.
good

Ashland, KY

#13 Feb 1, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually that case of profiling is incorrect. Most of the trash that I have seen is people with parents that had money. They take there parents money and buy pills to get strung out on. I have seen so many used to be rich kids strung out on 30s stealing from stores and robbing people to get their fix.
Well, don't I stand corrected?:D

It must be the fine, upstanding pillars of the community, whose families don't milk the system, surviving on every form of public assistance available, who come out of the trailer parks, huh?

Lol. They irresponsibly breed and raise more of the same and they're proud for doing so.
good

Ashland, KY

#14 Feb 1, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like your just mad at your wifes niece. Not everybody who gets help is like that. I had to seek help a while back. I was working 50+ hrs a week. Then a few years ago I got laid off and my company got shut down back when all that recession shit hit. I have 3 kids and a wife. Neither of us could find a job at the time cause everybody was looking for one. We had no choice it was either sign up for assistance or let my family become homeless and starve. So that makes us bad parents? We should have our kids took from us and put in foster care and pay child support on them? All because we hit a hard time and was having a little trouble we deserve all that? Your going to pay taxes regardless if it doesn't go to the people who need it, it will go in the politicians pockets. You are a horrible person and I hope you have kids and need a handout one day. I hope your not able to get it, your kids get took from you and your wife leaves you because of it. I would kick your ass if I knew who or where you are. You insensitive prick! Not all people are worthless just because they need assistance for a little while. There are users but not all are.
Good grief, there's some thin-skinned people out there. No one said that ALL who got help were users. This is obviously about people who use the system to their advantage indefinitely, and the majority does that. They plan their budgets year to year and they plan their families around what they can get from the govt.

The money's running out apparently because there are more money takers than money makers now.
wtf

Richmond, KY

#15 Feb 1, 2013
@good
Look stupid, all I was saying is that a lot of your so called pillars have kids who milk the system. Users come in all shapes and sizes, but its usually the spoiled little rich kids that get cut off by mommy and daddy who look for handouts.
good

Ashland, KY

#16 Feb 1, 2013
wtf wrote:
@good
Look stupid, all I was saying is that a lot of your so called pillars have kids who milk the system. Users come in all shapes and sizes, but its usually the spoiled little rich kids that get cut off by mommy and daddy who look for handouts.
Well then maybe I'm out of the loop if that many of the "rich kids" screw over the taxpayers too. My grown children are hard-working taxpayers who pay their earned cash for my grandchildrens' needs because that's the what I raised them to do. That's what responsible people do. Govt assistance was set up as temporary subsidies for those having a difficult time until they could procure another job, or a 2nd job if need be. The kids who've been raised to know better but choose to screw over the taxpayers because it's easy to do so SHOULD BE ASHAMED. But isn't that the problem? Most everyone is shameless these days. I can remember a time not so long ago when using foodstamps/welfare/med.cards etc was an embarrassment and no one wanted to be on them for long, although temporary measures were sometimes necessary. Not anymore though.
gator

Richmond, KY

#17 Feb 1, 2013
"I have always wondered about the people who get paid to watch their own grand kids, that is one think i have never agreed with "

I think this involves more than watching your grand kids.
really

United States

#18 Feb 1, 2013
gator wrote:
"I have always wondered about the people who get paid to watch their own grand kids, that is one think i have never agreed with "

I think this involves more than watching your grand kids.
you don't agree with the grandparents getting help? Are you saying if you took a child to raise you wouldn't need it? I can tell you kids aren't cheap and I commend the grandparent that does this.
what

Montréal, Canada

#19 Feb 1, 2013
What makes you think the grandparents will do a better job raising thier grandkids than thier kids? If thier having to raise those grandkids because the parents are no count pillheads that won't take care of thier own, then this says a lot for the way they were raised. Or if it is because social services are involved it too say a lot about the way the grandparents raised thier children. I honestly think if granparents have custody of thier grandchildren, then they should be required BY LAW to take parenting classes. I also think BY LAW they should be required to undergo counseling as well as the grandchildren. Most of the grandparents have medical cards for the grandkids anyway and they will pay for the counseling.
gator

Richmond, KY

#20 Feb 1, 2013
I am very much in favor of grandparents and other family members getting help to raise the kids.

And that is why this cut bothers me.

I did a poor job of my post in#18, I was going for what was posted in #5. To reply to that.

I am sorry for any confusion.
really

United States

#21 Feb 1, 2013
what wrote:
What makes you think the grandparents will do a better job raising thier grandkids than thier kids? If thier having to raise those grandkids because the parents are no count pillheads that won't take care of thier own, then this says a lot for the way they were raised. Or if it is because social services are involved it too say a lot about the way the grandparents raised thier children. I honestly think if granparents have custody of thier grandchildren, then they should be required BY LAW to take parenting classes. I also think BY LAW they should be required to undergo counseling as well as the grandchildren. Most of the grandparents have medical cards for the grandkids anyway and they will pay for the counseling.
well parents can't make their kids choices after they are of age. I am caring for two kids because their parents passed away. And I work full time . You need to stop being so judgmental and realize you may be in the same shoes one day! Maybe you will lose your job and won't find another. Then you would be the one in their shoes. I don't get any other help but childcare. I provide food and clothes and a roof over their head. Grow up and have a heart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 16 min Jennifer Renee 38,758
Guess Who Is Still Going To Be Getting His Cla... 21 min I Will Have My Ca... 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 27 min CriminalForever 152,029
ZoKay Publishing/TBD Promotions 37 min TKH 1
Angel King of St Mark is a sociopath 42 min uuu 33
Getting laid 1 hr jsc1972 21
Huge Party across the Rockcastle line 1 hr Jim the whale kil... 6

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages