baller

Richmond, KY

#1 May 4, 2010
What do you think of the softball coach at Caudill Middle School?
whatever

Macon, GA

#4 May 4, 2010
she is worthless
Deserve More

Winchester, KY

#5 May 4, 2010
I feel the girls on the BMCMS softball team are getting a raw deal. Great new school, great field and poor coaching. This team is much better than what their record indicates. The coaching staff is very inexperienced and plays the girls out of position. Unfortunately, the coach is very difficult and defensive to talk with. She intimadates the girls and is verbally abusive after every error. Good luck BMCMS Softball, you deserve more.
Disgrace

Richmond, KY

#7 May 6, 2010
It is a disgrace to watch the BMCMS softball team players be abused, degraded, and belittled by their so called "coach" and "mentor!" The girls are scared to even talk to this woman for fear she will punish them more than she already does. Something needs to be done!!! The administration needs to step up and "do something" about the way this woman is treating children! IT IS A DISGRACE!
whatever

Macon, GA

#8 May 8, 2010
well from experience i have had with this so called coach if you talk to ken bicknell about her she will degraded the student more lie to them i think she needs to take her ass back to michigan
OMG

Little Falls, MN

#9 May 8, 2010
Why on earth would anyone want to coach at this school? It is full of whiney parents and a principal who doesn't have enough backbone to tell the parents to shut the heck up! Goodness people, if you don't like the coach start your own travel team for your child and do a better job, I guarantee you that you will have parents on topix complaining about you after the first practice. All humans are different and we can't please everybody. Be happy and thankful for what you have in life and let the little things go. Were you protected during the flooding? were you and your family safe and survive? is your child lying in a hospital bed dying? There are so many more important things to worry about then what a coach is or is not doing. Have you ever thought that maybe your child is upset about playing time and making up stories about the coach? I've seen that happen, and I've also heard your girls cussing every other word to impress their friends and talk about sexual things. Where are all you softball parents when your "baby girls" are flirting with every boy in sight and going into the woods to make out? Oh maybe on topix complaining. I see many a softball girl unsupervised after their home games when parents' have picked them up and dropped them off somewhere else to get them out of your hair. Grow up!
baller

Richmond, KY

#10 May 10, 2010
Wow!
How does a simple question about your thoughts on a coach turn into flood safety, accusations of kids making up stories, and how people should be parenting?
Stay focused OMG, you are way off base.
I don't agree with some of the coaches methods, and simply wanted to see if anyone else felt the same way.
OMG

United States

#11 May 10, 2010
My point is simple. I find it bothersome the number of people complaining about every coach in this county. I understand there may be one or two bad eggs, but I have seen a thread started about every coach in this county since August which clearly indicates that the parents are the problem. I bring up flood safety to try and bring some reality back to the situation, in the whole scheme of life a coach's mistakes are not that big of a deal. I bring up the parenting because sometimes the parents' need to realize they are a bigger influence on their kids life than a short term coach could ever be, and maybe they should focus on getting their parenting skills under control before focusing on a coach's coaching skills. My view may be a little broad for you and I apologize for that, I tend to look at the whole picture and not just out a little peephole. While I agree that kids are molded by the few hours a coach spends with them but that pales in comparison to the amount of molding they undergo in modeling their parents' behaviors and attitude. Your children will encounter many different people in their life, including difficult ones. Your best parenting move would be to teach your child how to succeed when they face adversity instead of complain about it. Teach your child to learn from every situation and not run when they are faced with a hardship.
correction

United States

#12 Jul 11, 2010
my sister plays for bmcms and loves it. the coach is always nice and respectful not only to the player but also the families. u all have no idea what u r talking about. the coach is experienced. she played div 1 in college. that's better than some of these wanna be coaches mostly who r dads who have never played fastpitch softball n their life.
BMCMS softball player_

Clarksville, TN

#13 Aug 16, 2010
-she is a great coach,,and dont get me wrong she has said hell and damn a few times but doesnt everyone..she cared about our team more than anyone else could have.. she isnt scary and is very helpful,,I am younger than most of you people cuz im on the team.. She is a great oach. soack off! if you think you could do better i want to see it!

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14 May 1, 2011
First of all, let me say....WOW! As a parent of a 6th grader coming in to BMCMS this year, I have to say in everything that I have observed at the school on more than one occasion, the problem is not with the coaching, the principal or the staff. The problem that I see over and over again is with the parents. Especially the ones who think they know more than than the coaching staff. At the parent meeting at the beginning of the season, Coach specifically stated if you have a problem with the way she plays your child, go to her. I think it is very low class, tacky and shows the true colors of some of the parents to come on TOPIX to discuss this. If you had any class at all you would have gone to the coach and talked to her about it!! TACKY!!!!!

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#15 May 1, 2011
As for her coaching and experience, I have dealt with her all year for more than one sport, and have ALWAYS found her to be knowledgeable, professional and have no issues with her whatsoever. I would rather have a coach that gets fired up about the game than one that doesn't. She sees the potential in all of our students and I think she pushes them to get the best out of them and help them succeed. My child loves her coach and school and takes great pride in what she does there. Seems to me there are a lot of parents with issues and not so much the students. IF you think you can do a better job, feel free to sign up next year. It's always the same people doing the work over and over and the same ones complaining about it!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HELP at Madison Radison 9 min Turdsniffer 9
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 36 min ChromiuMan 149,525
Double Letter Game (Mar '12) 38 min Jennifer Renee 1,021
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 44 min Jennifer Renee 38,235
homes for felons 51 min Turdsniffer 2
Why do women blame men (Jan '11) 1 hr NotSingleByChoice 58
Missing teen girl in Berea (Jun '13) 1 hr KeepUsSafe 8,016
My Plans For Today 3 hr And No 348

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages