HUD housing bad for neighborhood

Posted in the Richmond Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
home owner

Richmond, KY

#1 Oct 5, 2010
How do you find out if a particular house is a HUD house?
I own my house and I am pretty fed up with the renters that keep moving in and out of a house close to me. What can be done?
Wow

Richmond, KY

#2 Oct 5, 2010
Get over it, geez. There is nothing you can do cause it ain't your damn house to worry about.
home owner

Richmond, KY

#3 Oct 5, 2010
Wow wrote:
Get over it, geez. There is nothing you can do cause it ain't your damn house to worry about.
Maybe YOU would like to put up with (the last seven years of your life)with screaming, cussing, crying, the police showing up all the time, their van being set on fire, abusing their kids and pets, and them living off the rest of us that pay taxes and DO work. Now........why don't you get over it......scum bag.
Wow

Richmond, KY

#4 Oct 5, 2010
Oh sweetie, scumbag?? I think not. Don't get mad at me because I stated the FACT that there is nothing you can do about it. It ain't your damn house so if you don't like it then YOU'RE gonna have to move. I hate when people bitch about something that can't be changed...pointless. And just for your FYI, some people truly need HUD.
cracker

Columbus, OH

#5 Oct 5, 2010
home owner wrote:
I own my house and I am pretty fed up with the renters that keep moving in and out of a house close to me. What can be done?
ok since you think your the only one who can live in a house, you know maybe someday when the golden rod is pulled out of your butt you will realize that just because they rent doesnt mean they have to be classed as trash, maybe the house will be sold to a hippy cult leader and youll really have something to belly ache about, sounds to me like you dont want anyone living around you, but you know the rich is far worse when it comes to being pricks, well good luck with your new neighbors, it could be worse you could always get 9999999999 mexicans move in there, but then you may like that
Depends

Tolar, TX

#6 Oct 5, 2010
Landlord decide who can move in, not HUD. I mange HUD houses and have very strict standers in who I let move into one of my houses. Some of my renters have been living there for YEARS. Yes some could care less and they are out at the first sign of trouble!
Offended

Richmond, KY

#7 Oct 5, 2010
I am currently on Section 8. I am also a student working two jobs. It really pisses me off when people associate deviance with poverty.Reality check: you aren't the only person with neighbors that drive them crazy. You should not be so quick to assume that the renters are on HUD because they are obnoxious.Perhaps they aggravate you out of spite because they can detect your negative attitude. I don't deny that there are some people who abuse the system but I am not one of them and it offends me when people form collective thinking about the poor or those revieving assistance in some form. Grow UP!
agree

Richmond, KY

#8 Oct 5, 2010
home owner wrote:
Unfortunately, there is nothing any of us can do about those renting property near us. I have the same problem next to me. HUD, trashy rental property, whatever you want to call it does ruin neighborhoods. Those renting don't give a damn because they don't own and/or pay for it.

As for the last poster, gotta love some sort of revenge as you see it because of negative attitudes. No, property owners who pay taxes are just tired of living next to lazy, no good trash. Maybe if you try it someday you will see for yourself.
Evict The Trash

Richmond, KY

#9 Oct 5, 2010
I live in a nice subdivision where there is a house occupied by people on Section 8. It's a shame that homeowners have to put up with this bull$hit. These people are trash. They buy and sell drugs, are scamming welfare and social security and generally give our neighborhood a bad name. I have contacted section 8 and reported these people. I have also contacted all the other government agencies that they are scamming. I have made several calls to the sheriffs office and state police reporting the drug activity. No one will do a damn thing about this problem. Why should homeowners have to put up with renters in their neighborhood who bring the property values down and generally make the area dangerous and shady? Move these people into public housing in a bad neighborhood where they belong. Don't make honest, hardworking homeowners have to deal with their worthless a$$es.
agree

Richmond, KY

#10 Oct 5, 2010
Evict The Trash wrote:
I live in a nice subdivision where there is a house occupied by people on Section 8. It's a shame that homeowners have to put up with this bull$hit. These people are trash. They buy and sell drugs, are scamming welfare and social security and generally give our neighborhood a bad name. I have contacted section 8 and reported these people. I have also contacted all the other government agencies that they are scamming. I have made several calls to the sheriffs office and state police reporting the drug activity. No one will do a damn thing about this problem. Why should homeowners have to put up with renters in their neighborhood who bring the property values down and generally make the area dangerous and shady? Move these people into public housing in a bad neighborhood where they belong. Don't make honest, hardworking homeowners have to deal with their worthless a$$es.
I agree! No one gives a damn about what happens or goes on other than the people who have to live near it 24/7.
whatever

Richmond, KY

#11 Oct 5, 2010
agree wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, there is nothing any of us can do about those renting property near us. I have the same problem next to me. HUD, trashy rental property, whatever you want to call it does ruin neighborhoods. Those renting don't give a damn because they don't own and/or pay for it.
As for the last poster, gotta love some sort of revenge as you see it because of negative attitudes. No, property owners who pay taxes are just tired of living next to lazy, no good trash. Maybe if you try it someday you will see for yourself.
Just because u rent does not mean that u are trash or lazy.I rent & have been in the same house for over 8 years I am far from trash & I work my ass off everyday as does my husband we could buy a house at anytime we choose not to that does not make us trash...I
Blue

Nicholasville, KY

#12 Oct 5, 2010
agree wrote:
<quoted text>
So True.
home owner

Richmond, KY

#13 Oct 5, 2010
agree wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I know you have experienced the same thing I have for years now and it doesn't hit home unless you are a homeowner. I have lived in my house for 30 years. I grew up in this neighborhood and it runs the whole neighborhood down for people to move into it that don't give a crap. Trash in the yard. Cussing and screaming and abusing kids and pets. The police showing up all the time. Doing drug deals, etc. If I could sue the landlord I would. I may look into that. I am sure there is something on the books. Even if I don't win, I can cause them some trouble and worry for a change.
home owner

Richmond, KY

#14 Oct 5, 2010
Depends wrote:
Landlord decide who can move in, not HUD. I mange HUD houses and have very strict standers in who I let move into one of my houses. Some of my renters have been living there for YEARS. Yes some could care less and they are out at the first sign of trouble!
If what you say is true then answer me why so many of these people with HUD are allowed to terrorize the neighborhood they rent in and make all their neighbors miserable? Why aren't there rules they have to abide by and respect? All I am saying is respect your neighbors. That goes for everybody whether you own or rent.
Mia

United States

#15 Oct 5, 2010
I own my house and live in a nice neighborhood My neighbor is a single mom who is on Hud who has 2 teenagers she is a very good neighbor, I was also on hud at one time for a few years and they helped me to be able to get on my feet and buy a house of my own eventually. Hud is a good thing for people who will respect it.
home owner

Richmond, KY

#16 Oct 5, 2010
You are lucky Mia that is all I can say. There have been at least four trashy and lawless, cussing, abusive families in this house near me in the last seven years. I am fed up. I wish I had your neighbor. That would be just fine and I am glad some people have manners and obey the law and appreciate the help they get and respect their neighbors.
Depends

Tolar, TX

#17 Oct 6, 2010
Depends on the landlord, some just don't care because they know they are getting a check no matter what. If we have a HUD renter that causes trouble for the neighborhood they are out. 3 complaints in 6 months is our rule.
home owner wrote:
<quoted text>
If what you say is true then answer me why so many of these people with HUD are allowed to terrorize the neighborhood they rent in and make all their neighbors miserable? Why aren't there rules they have to abide by and respect? All I am saying is respect your neighbors. That goes for everybody whether you own or rent.
cracker

Columbus, OH

#18 Oct 6, 2010
why dont we just gather up all the trash according to you all that is renters and lets collect them all up and put them in a bus and push it off a cliff, you people are flucking foolish, i dont give a crap if you own your home or not, just remember the trash you all are downing on is the ones who built your home, me i dont drink or do damn drugs but i rent so i take offence to what you all are saying, maybe if our parents supported us and made our lives better when we was growing up then we would have good jobs in this corrupt town, this town or shall i say the county dont give a shitt except for there family and eku, i was born and raised in this county and many know me in this town but yet cant get a job thru the county because i dont get on my knees for no one, i dont wear knee pads, and i sure as hell dont have no family, sure my family is loaded they have no problems but they wont give me the time of day because i married my wife who came from ohio, but i guess ill be labled as trash and a county reject i guees, it will just make me work that much harder to get the hell out of this god awful rich town, and for the dumbasses i dont get no type of help so scratch that out of your hipocritical heads
Evict The Trash

Richmond, KY

#19 Oct 6, 2010
cracker wrote:
why dont we just gather up all the trash according to you all that is renters and lets collect them all up and put them in a bus and push it off a cliff, you people are flucking foolish, i dont give a crap if you own your home or not, just remember the trash you all are downing on is the ones who built your home, me i dont drink or do damn drugs but i rent so i take offence to what you all are saying, maybe if our parents supported us and made our lives better when we was growing up then we would have good jobs in this corrupt town, this town or shall i say the county dont give a shitt except for there family and eku, i was born and raised in this county and many know me in this town but yet cant get a job thru the county because i dont get on my knees for no one, i dont wear knee pads, and i sure as hell dont have no family, sure my family is loaded they have no problems but they wont give me the time of day because i married my wife who came from ohio, but i guess ill be labled as trash and a county reject i guees, it will just make me work that much harder to get the hell out of this god awful rich town, and for the dumbasses i dont get no type of help so scratch that out of your hipocritical heads
You want to blame your family because you cant get a job and get off welfare. Excuses excuses....I came from a broken home, yet I worked hard and went to college as did my husband who also served in the military. I don't feel bad about putting down trash who make my neighborhood look bad. I pay my mortgage each month and I work hard to be able to afford a nice home and nice things for my family. I don't sit back and blame others for my misfortune. Yes the people who work hard and pay taxes are horrible people according to you. Well I bet you don't mind spending our tax money every month when you swipe your food stamp card or get your Section 8 assistance, or when you go to the doctor and your family uses their medical cards, while the rest of us pay out the a$$ for insurance and prescriptions. Grow the hell up and stop making excuses you are lazy, worthless, and wouldn't work if you were offered a job. It's too easy for people like you to live off the Government and then bitch because honest hardworking people can't stand you. Stay out of my neighborhood we don't want trash like you ruining our property values and making the neighborhood look trashy.
FTLOG

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Oct 6, 2010
cracker wrote:
why dont we just gather up all the trash according to you all that is renters and lets collect them all up and put them in a bus and push it off a cliff, you people are flucking foolish, i dont give a crap if you own your home or not, just remember the trash you all are downing on is the ones who built your home, me i dont drink or do damn drugs but i rent so i take offence to what you all are saying, maybe if
our parents supported us and made our lives better when we was growing up then we would have good jobs in this corrupt town, this town or shall i say the county dont give a shitt except for there family and eku, i was born and raised in this county and many know me in this town but yet cant get a job thru the county because i dont get on my
knees for no one, i dont wear knee pads, and i sure as hell dont have no family, sure my family is loaded they have no problems but they wont give me the time of day because i married my wife who came from ohio, but i guess ill be labled as trash and a county reject i guees, it will just make me work that much harder to get the hell out of this god awful rich town, and for the dumbasses i dont get no type of help so scratch that out of your hipocritical heads
Maybe you'd have more luck finding a job if you didn't spend so much time on Topix....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for the right church 33 min a guy 3
How Am I Supposed to Climb The Ladder of Succes... 1 hr translation 2,117
Jiffy lube messed up my engine (Jun '11) 2 hr jason 31
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 2 hr Jennifer Renee 19,025
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 2 hr Jennifer Renee 31,311
Okonite My God (Jul '10) 2 hr Bystander 10
Nigeria imigration past question and answer iso... 3 hr Bystander 2

Flood Warning for Madison County was issued at February 27 at 2:58PM EST

Richmond Dating
Find my Match