BEDBUGS in Richmond
tim

Lexington, KY

#1 Oct 30, 2011
I am sickened by the way the city let's businesses get by like the saddlebrook apartments and the roach motel hines totally infested with bedbugs and roaches so bad that you can't even eat in the rooms or sleep! He charges 135 a week but won't fix anything why doesn't the city shut him down and help some of the people with kids out of there to something affordable!! When ever you try to talk to him about it he just say he doesn't understand but he can speak fluent english to get his money!I have been there over a few years and because I am stuck on a fixed income I can't leave I have tried and tried but can't get out of there. It is awful!!

“Fighting Cancer”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2 Oct 30, 2011
tim wrote:
I am sickened by the way the city let's businesses get by like the saddlebrook apartments and the roach motel hines totally infested with bedbugs and roaches so bad that you can't even eat in the rooms or sleep! He charges 135 a week but won't fix anything why doesn't the city shut him down and help some of the people with kids out of there to something affordable!! When ever you try to talk to him about it he just say he doesn't understand but he can speak fluent english to get his money!I have been there over a few years and because I am stuck on a fixed income I can't leave I have tried and tried but can't get out of there. It is awful!!
Call the health dept and see what they can do. Not sure if they can do anything at all, but it wouldn't hurt.

Also, you can get out of that hole....Go sign up for Section 8/HUD housing.
underdog

Liberty, KY

#3 Oct 30, 2011
julie40385 wrote:
<quoted text>Call the health dept and see what they can do. Not sure if they can do anything at all, but it wouldn't hurt.
agree call the health Dept., especially if he rents to peeps with kids, they should warn him to get exterminators in there or be shut down or fined or something. renters do have rights. if stuff is broken, I would'nt py rent til it was fixed. good luck. Lord peeps should'nt have to live with bugs.
Facts

Nicholasville, KY

#4 Oct 30, 2011
Bel Air has them too. Don't go there. U can call the health department. They will come out and check it out. They have 2 see live bed bugs. Then they will give the owner 14 days (may be 7) to exterminate. That is what we were told. I'm almost sure it's 14 days. They can be shut down if they do not comply. What will make it bad for u is: if u can't afford to get out the owner may put u out. They don't want the embarrassment of it. The health department has to make the owner aware of the problem to rectify it. Bel air had really big ones. We freaked out. Put them in bags and showed them to health department. I wish u the very best. It's a stuggle.
Cabbage

Richmond, KY

#5 Oct 30, 2011
julie40385 wrote:
<quoted text>Call the health dept and see what they can do. Not sure if they can do anything at all, but it wouldn't hurt.
Tell em cabbage, you got the head, on second thought, you don't have the head!!

“Fighting Cancer”

Location hidden

#6 Oct 30, 2011
Cabbage wrote:
<quoted text> Tell em cabbage, you got the head, on second thought, you don't have the head!!
The troll likes to change their name and jump around the threads....lol
Like You

Richmond, KY

#7 Oct 30, 2011
julie40385 wrote:
<quoted text>The troll likes to change their name and jump around the threads....lol
kinda like yourself julie?
Appalled

Chicago, IL

#8 Oct 30, 2011
There is no excuse for any place having roaches when there is very effective roach bait available at any store (Combat is the best brand). If the landlord is too cheap to buy the stuff he should be shut down. Bedbugs are harder to get rid of but there is a spray available that will at least control the spread of them.
bug remedy

Worthington, KY

#9 Oct 30, 2011
Put salt all over the place. It will kill the bed bugs in 3 days. True, proven killer for them.Just put it everywhere, better if you could leave for a couple days, but this will kill them.

“Fighting Cancer”

Location hidden

#10 Oct 31, 2011
Like You wrote:
<quoted text> kinda like yourself julie?
lol...I have no need to change my name and post.

Besides, you are the one following me around and trying to rile me. That is why I keep my list of comments public. That way, I have proof you are stalking me on Topix forums. Have fun...lol

“Hell for the company”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#11 Oct 31, 2011
Bedbugs are changing just like the rest of the bugs. Their exoskeletons are adapting to survive the pesticides and sprays that we are using to kill them off. Once you've got bedbugs, it can cost $1,200 to get rid of them professionally. Pesticide resistance provides tremendous evidence for evolution by natural selection. A mutation in a gene encoding a protein in bedbugs’ nerve cells allows the cells to resist the lethal damage inflicted by pyrethroid and pyrethrins. With each spray, bedbugs with the mutation out-live their non-resistant pals and survive to produce resistant offspring. Insect foggers do not effectively control bed bugs. Most insect foggers contain a flammable propellant and some have been associated with accidental fires. The best way to control bed bug problems is to contact a pest professional, who will help with vacuuming, and steaming, laundering belongings, sealing areas and gaps where bed bugs can hide and encasing mattresses, box springs, and pillows with bed bug proof protectors.

Wormwood

hacker38

Richmond, KY

#12 Oct 31, 2011
Bed bugs are HARD to get rid of "cheaply" once they are established. It can be done. We had to move majority of our furniture clothes and household goods out of our home and sealed in a metal building and heated to kill those bugs. The house we sealed any holes we could find and repainted whole house to seal in the eggs that they had laid in cracks along wall. sealed matresses and box springs. and hunted for them daily and killed any and all we found.
Took 2 months but we finally have went 2 months without any showing up. Another month without seeing them or evidence of them. ie fecal droppings or blood spots on sheets.
One interesting thing I did discover while we were fighting these creatures. Cockroaches kill bed bugs! So if you can stand to have roaches for a couple weeks they will eat the bed bugs and roaches are MUCH easier to kill. Nasty i know but not everyone can afford 1200 dollars plus for treatment that doesnt always work.
gatorcat

Lexington, KY

#13 Oct 31, 2011
make a pot roast out of them and invite all the bed bugs for dinner then send doug and his thug crew from the jail to beat them up.lol the RPD are useless as they can not even find people missing let alone a bug
inspectorgadjet

Versailles, KY

#15 Dec 28, 2011
julie40385 wrote:
there is a 2 year waiting list and I pay weekly so its hardto save enough for a deposit which everyone in richmond wants! I hate living like. This for over 5 hundred a month! He actslike he can't understand english when you tell him you hae a problem but he understands well when you have to pay! You know any goodplaces to rent in town
sad

Richmond, KY

#16 Dec 28, 2011
inspectorgadjet wrote:
<quoted text>there is a 2 year waiting list and I pay weekly so its hardto save enough for a deposit which everyone in richmond wants! I hate living like. This for over 5 hundred a month! He actslike he can't understand english when you tell him you hae a problem but he understands well when you have to pay! You know any goodplaces to rent in town
sad but I don't think the health dept will get rid if the bugs
inspectorgadjet

United States

#17 Apr 22, 2012
What gets me is if you own a business and you get used mattresses out of the garbage when you are making over 10,000 dollars a month there is no excuse! If you can afford to drive a mercedes then you can afford to get rid of the roaches and bedbugs instead fo getting a bunch of worn out crap from berea and used stuff from God knows where! There are some good people that get the trashy rooms and the lowlifes get the freshly painted or cleaned and sprayed rooms! Just to get drunk and doped up and sell their asses in like 22,21 there is cars ther all hurs in and out I know the dumbass cops can say they don't. Know its pillcity! Got some redheaded drunk running stuff or he thinks so! He is a. Jerk! Thank God I don't live there anymore! It is a dope haven for addicts and mexican drug trafficking I hope the cops really. Quit being stupid and watch all the stuff there

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min ChromiuMan 176,837
~*~ Last Post WINS ~*~ (Oct '11) 4 hr Doobie Time 5,816
"FLATLINE'S" Last Word New Sentence 4 hr Doobie Time 280
music thread (Feb '13) 4 hr Doobie Time 24
Richmond Music Thread (May '12) 4 hr Doobie Time 130
NEW GAME*****Last Word + 2**** (Aug '15) 4 hr Doobie Time 612
Crazy Word Game, Mix or Match (Feb '14) 4 hr Doobie Time 538

Richmond Jobs

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages