electronic cigarettes
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
pixxy

Richmond, KY

#1 Aug 16, 2010
Has anyone tried them? How did they work for you?

Since: Sep 08

Lexington, KY

#2 Aug 16, 2010
Yeah, I've tried a couple of different brands. It's definitely not like smoking, you'll have to settle, but I had more success in quiting while using electronic cigarettes than I did with anything else.
A Friend

Allen, KY

#3 Aug 18, 2010
My friend owns Vapor-Stix.net here in Richmond. They're on Big Hill road and from what I've heard people really like the product. I don't smoke or tried his product so I can't say for myself. I'm just speaking on behalf of the good reviews I've heard.
Ex-Smoker

Netherlands

#4 Oct 12, 2010
Hi! I ordered the v2 when I saw an ad on http://www.techcw.net and was able to quit smoking after 20 years. The vapor production on the v2 is great. I really don't have any information on any of the other brands because I've been satisfied with my v2. Good luck to those trying to knock the habit!
daiseygirl

Danville, KY

#5 Oct 14, 2010
Hi, I recently tried the N Joy e-cigarette and it made me deathly ill. The water vapor delivery of nicotine isn't for everybody, especially one's with weak lungs already. I myself have been trying to quit for almost 5 years and have tried EVERYthing!

At first I eased onto smoking the Njoy and within 24 hours I had only smoke 4 or 5 cigarettes that day. Now I will say that I was a 1 1/2 to 2 pack a day smoker and that may have very well had something to do with me getting sick.

Anyways, after that 24 hour period I started feeling like someone had beaten me in the back with a baseball bat. Started having congestion issues, breathing problems etc.. I did ease up on my smoking of the e-cig and eventually quit it completely after a week. By that time my breathing was horrible and ended up at Urgent Care with sever Bronchitis. The Doctor had heard about the e-cig and said that the water vapor, especially for people who are heavy smokers, can cause problems, fluid in the lungs etc.. Especially if not exhaled 100% and anyone with breathing problems that do smoke, this is an issue a lot of the time.

This is just my experience with the e-cig. I personally know a couple of people who have switched from tobacco to the e-cig and have had amazing results, one quit completely. None of them have bad breathing problems or asthma like I do. I would still recommend the e-cig to anyone who's wanting to get away from the tar and carcinogens that's in tobacco. Please be warned though that even though, e-cig companies might advertise being cancer free etc.. They still DO have carcinogens in them.

I have read of others having the same experience that I've had. Not sure if they also have the same health issues/asthma etc.. Also, 2 friends of mine that have had good results are using the V2 that another person mentioned on here and they love it!

So take the good with the bad. It's just unfortunate that this isn't good for me.. Boo!!
Smoker

Somerset, KY

#6 Oct 14, 2010
A Friend wrote:
My friend owns Vapor-Stix.net here in Richmond. They're on Big Hill road and from what I've heard people really like the product. I don't smoke or tried his product so I can't say for myself. I'm just speaking on behalf of the good reviews I've heard.
Is this on Big hill ave. I would like to get one but not sure how to find it.
Beside Maverick liquor

Lawrenceburg, KY

#7 Oct 14, 2010
Its beside the liguor store that is across the street form wilson trailer park. Its down behind the carl lot beside the martial arts studio
guy

Waterloo, Canada

#8 Oct 14, 2010
Here's an idea if u. Have breathing problems due to smoking that should be enough to quit mind over matter people yall can do it...I smoked three packs a day for 23 years and at least 5 joints a day. and I started breathing bad and quit cold turkey..granted still burn joints and breathing problems are gone YOU CAN DO IT PEOPLE don't waste money on whatever them electric thangs arE good luck..just buy some joints
V2 User

Richmond, KY

#9 Oct 17, 2010
"Please be warned though that even though, e-cig companies might advertise being cancer free etc.. They still DO have carcinogens in them."

Some of the liquids may contain trace amounts of carcinogens. The nicotine is derived from the tobacco after all. However, you will not find the thousands of chemicals that are in a cigarette.
Just sayin

Winchester, KY

#12 Oct 24, 2010
If you go to the vapor stix store, you can try it out free. They are really nice there and will help you figure out if you want this or not.
hahaha

Richmond, KY

#13 Oct 26, 2010
I love mine, I bought it from Vapor Stix on Big Hill! I've had mine 4 weeks and haven't had a smoke since, I have smoked in all the restaraunts and they can't say anything to me either!
Question

Lexington, KY

#14 Oct 27, 2010
Do they sell those e-cigs WITHOUT nicotine? This is going to sound so completely STUPID, but I quit smoking a couple of years ago, and the side effect of that is WEIGHT GAIN. I never want to go back to cigarettes (for health and a cleaner smelling home), but after 30 years, it was an ingrained habit. I never realized how much I depended on those stupid things and how they kept me from reaching for food.

By the way, where is that store on Big Hill Ave.?

Since: Sep 08

Lexington, KY

#16 Nov 1, 2010
You can buy liquid for the cigarettes or cartridges that are sold as nicotine free, but there is the chance that they will still have trace amounts of nicotine in them.
Big Jack

Korea

#17 Nov 7, 2010
I tried the ones at vapor stix, but they didn't put out enough vapor for me so I went to www.techcw.net and clicked on that ad as another user mentioned. I had heard the v2 put out great vapor, so I went with it. I got 10% off too by using the code listed with the ad. It does put out some awesome vapor. I think they use a higher voltage battery.
FYI

Richmond, KY

#18 Nov 11, 2010
Vapor Stix has an upgraded atomizer that is so much bettter and get tones of smoke. Ask them about it when you go in.
Questions

Richmond, KY

#19 Nov 11, 2010
What's the voltage of the battery at Vapor Stix? I don't really like the out dated atomizer tech. Is it a 3 piece or a 2 piece?
Questions

Richmond, KY

#20 Nov 12, 2010
Anyone?
Questions

Richmond, KY

#21 Nov 14, 2010
I guess I'll go with the v2 since the voltage is listed on their site. I'll let you all know what I think when I get it.
FYI

Richmond, KY

#22 Dec 2, 2010
You will love you E-Cig I recommend getting the extra $10.00 atomizer it works well.
John

Clarksville, TN

#23 Dec 5, 2010
I love my e-cig, got from vapor stix, I got the upgrade atomizer and it has tons of vapor,great throat hit to, mine was the ego,they have several others to.no cigs for 5 weeks now. FYI they are located on big hill ave. across from sonic,behind the castle. I checked last time I was there, they do have zero nicotine juice to, and other models with higher voltage batteries.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
whos likes sonnys bbq (Mar '09) 58 min Webster 62
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Lanora 151,988
Too Good For The Old / Used Up Ugly Fat Women 2 hr A Boy and His Blob 52
Woman In Black Dress and Glasses I Saw Leaving ... 2 hr No Repugnatard 189
Angel King of St Mark is a sociopath 3 hr Fivehead 24
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 3 hr Doobie Time 38,738
~*~ Last Post WINS ~*~ (Oct '11) 3 hr Sharlene45 5,008

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages