lets put a stop to this
ajd

Berea, KY

#2 Jul 25, 2013
lets band together and stop the dress code for our schools
usual

Richmond, KY

#3 Jul 26, 2013
Why? I'm not saying I'm for or against dress code but what are your reasons going to be? You need a plan and reasons to support.
dja

Lexington, KY

#4 Jul 26, 2013
are you crazy??? i want the dress code... i don't want your kids wearing their pants down to the bottom of their a$$, i don't want to see the latest fashions on school kids. i think they look good. it's not all that restrivtive at all. clothes that meet the standards are available. and 99% cheaper then what they want.

KEEP THE DRESS CODE IN!!!!!!!!
please

Scottsburg, IN

#5 Jul 26, 2013
ajd wrote:
lets band together and stop the dress code for our schools
I agree with no dress code especially since it is for middle school and no other school!!
Anunnaki

United States

#6 Jul 26, 2013
If they are going to force kids to wear the clothes they want, then the schools should pay for the clothes. They force them to wear these clothes and and make you pay for them. I'd like to know where the school tax goes when we have to pay for everything our child needs for school. And besides, what happened to individuality? All we're doing is teaching them to be good little sheeple.
taz

Somerset, KY

#7 Jul 26, 2013
Estill County Middle School doesn't have a dress code. And they could use the enrollment.
b rg

Richmond, KY

#8 Jul 27, 2013
Anunnaki wrote:
If they are going to force kids to wear the clothes they want, then the schools should pay for the clothes. They force them to wear these clothes and and make you pay for them. I'd like to know where the school tax goes when we have to pay for everything our child needs for school. And besides, what happened to individuality? All we're doing is teaching them to be good little sheeple.
i think if the students dress nice they should be able to wear nice jeans and shorts
b rg

Richmond, KY

#9 Jul 27, 2013
Anunnaki wrote:
i think we should take a stand and put a stop to the dress code.if the dress code was enforced before they would not have had to make this one
following case

Providence, UT

#10 Jul 28, 2013
wow.. have any of you that disagree with the dress code been shopping at Justice lately? That's what is in style these days. Take a shopping trip then come back and see what you think about the dress code.
omg...

Chicago, IL

#11 Jul 28, 2013
I just went shopping for my girl going into 6th grade. I spent $20 on 5 pairs of khakis and I'm going to buy 5 $10 tshirts. I also bought one pair of jeans for dress down days for a grand total of less than $200. I have NEVER been able to spend less than that for school clothes. Thank goodness for the dress code!!!!
Get Real

Winchester, KY

#12 Jul 29, 2013
Anunnaki wrote:
You can pay $35 bucks for a pair of jeans with holes already in them and can't aford a $17 pair of kachki's. Get real
Stat Man

Winchester, KY

#13 Jul 29, 2013
Check your stats on police responses alone at Clark Moore and Madison Middle prior to the dress code and now. You will find that those number are lower proving that the dress code works. I will agree with Please in that the dress code for middle school only is not right but I personaly think all things considered the entire Madison County School District should go dress code.
Anunnaki

United States

#14 Jul 29, 2013
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
You can pay $35 bucks for a pair of jeans with holes already in them and can't aford a $17 pair of kachki's. Get real
It's not about how much it costs. It's about double dipping on the parents. We already pay a school tax on everything we use. Why can't the school pay for THEIR dresscode? I don't know about your child, but mine won't wear school clothes when she's not in school. So instead of buying one set of clothes, we have to buy two sets. One for school, and one for not. So it costs more to the parents this way. Keep following the hurd sheep.
Question

Winchester, KY

#15 Jul 29, 2013
Why in the world don't parents spend their time raising their children instead of this petty silly stuff? Your children are filling drug rehab centers, centers for depression, behavior disordered and dying in front of you and you worry about a dress code. How very sad. Part of the reason society is in the condition it presently is has to do with parents such as these.

The schools that have dress codes have taken a difficult path to do it. They did it to cut down on negative peer pressure and unsightly half dressed exhibitionist behavior. They could have chosen a much easier road by ignoring it.
Question

Winchester, KY

#16 Jul 29, 2013
Anunnaki wrote:
<quoted text>It's not about how much it costs. It's about double dipping on the parents. We already pay a school tax on everything we use. Why can't the school pay for THEIR dresscode? I don't know about your child, but mine won't wear school clothes when she's not in school. So instead of buying one set of clothes, we have to buy two sets. One for school, and one for not. So it costs more to the parents this way. Keep following the hurd sheep.
Your post speaks of what your child will and will not do. Yet another example of the tail wagging the dog. Wouldn't it be a novel thought that children did as told once in while?
Honest

United States

#17 Jul 29, 2013
I sure hope they don't tell you fools to jump off a bridge because as soon as the first one does, the rest of you are sure to follow.
style

Providence, UT

#18 Jul 29, 2013
Anunnaki wrote:
<quoted text>It's not about how much it costs. It's about double dipping on the parents. We already pay a school tax on everything we use. Why can't the school pay for THEIR dresscode? I don't know about your child, but mine won't wear school clothes when she's not in school. So instead of buying one set of clothes, we have to buy two sets. One for school, and one for not. So it costs more to the parents this way. Keep following the hurd sheep.
You should be thankful there is a dress code because you obviously have no idea what nice clothing that is in style costs. You must buy clothing at Wal Mart or something if you think it is cheaper that the dress code. You should be thankful because it would be your kids that would be made fun of for wearing ugly clothing.
Teacher

Lebanon, KY

#19 Jul 29, 2013
Anunnaki wrote:
Please, please, please don't let me end up with your child in class!! I can tell by your behavior that, if you've rubbed off on them at all, they would not be pleasant to have in class.
sigh

Lexington, KY

#20 Jul 29, 2013
I don't see how making a kid wear a polo suddenly transforms them from budding assbag into an upright and trustworthy young person. I'd prefer there be no dress code, so I can spot them immediately.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 min Cczar 167,890
Liberty place 15 min Renee 3
the jail 1 hr Evil Jeff Sessions 5
A Trip To Stately Wayne Manor and Fisherman's W... 1 hr meh 1,814
Overdosed victims 1 hr thinny minni 7
Ericka deakins anyone know her? 2 hr car beth 2
Getting the Speed Limit Lowered on Red House Road 2 hr lol 2

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages