Madison County continues to demolish ...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Reality Knocking

Richmond, KY

#22 Feb 28, 2013
Danno wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn how to read dipshit. They were listed on the historical registry in 1976. They have not been in danger since 1976. It was just recently that there was a threat which was not publicized so they were tore down before anyone knew what was going on.
I imagine the situation was well-known... by all the parties to whom the matter actually pertains.

We're talking about privately owned buildings, on privately owned property; these were not state or federally owned landmarks or parks or anything other than structures some group or other certified as being old.

And if the ownership of a property/properties changed, or the original/new owner decided to do something else with it that was/is within the property's/properties' zoning restrictions, then it is of exactly zero legal or fiscal concern to anyone else other than the rightful owner.

This is not some Socialist "Everything Belongs to Everybody" society where we have the absolute right to dictate what others do with what is theirs...

...at least not just yet.

So suck it up and move on. Or don't. It makes no difference at all.
Curious

Richmond, KY

#23 Feb 28, 2013
I gave up when they voted to put college apts on Lancaster where the historical homes of Richmond gave this town character and beauty. Who does that??? Go to any other historical street or district in any other town and see if they build apt buildings in the middle of it. So nothing at this point surprises me nor will it.
Danno

Berea, KY

#24 Feb 28, 2013
Curious wrote:
I gave up when they voted to put college apts on Lancaster where the historical homes of Richmond gave this town character and beauty. Who does that??? Go to any other historical street or district in any other town and see if they build apt buildings in the middle of it. So nothing at this point surprises me nor will it.
Agreed. Let them finish the job and tear the rest down, according to the national register they've got a few more to choose from. http://nrhp.focus.nps.gov/natregsearchresult....

Let's see the court house should go it was built back in the 1800's just like the recent houses they tore down. Who wants to look at that old thing anymore? Oh and Whitehall it's a real eyesore and it was built before the courthouse so it must go, we could put some awesome apartment complexes out on that property. Let's see we need some more parking lots so what about the Irvine McDowell Park and the houses on that property, that's prime location for extra parking. So to all those haters who are against preserving our heritage, you better get to work and clean this city up!
honest

United States

#25 Feb 28, 2013
Someone obviously has too much time on their hands.
Travis

Henderson, KY

#26 Mar 5, 2013
Since when did Richmond care about building up to code. They are a joke.
Lucky

Lexington, KY

#27 Mar 5, 2013
Danno wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Let them finish the job and tear the rest down, according to the national register they've got a few more to choose from. http://nrhp.focus.nps.gov/natregsearchresult....
Let's see the court house should go it was built back in the 1800's just like the recent houses they tore down. Who wants to look at that old thing anymore? Oh and Whitehall it's a real eyesore and it was built before the courthouse so it must go, we could put some awesome apartment complexes out on that property. Let's see we need some more parking lots so what about the Irvine McDowell Park and the houses on that property, that's prime location for extra parking. So to all those haters who are against preserving our heritage, you better get to work and clean this city up!
as long as your involved and putting your own cash in privately let me know ill help!! At least if its not through tax dollars. I own a 120 year old building but ill be damned if taxpayers will pay for it!! Government get out of my life!!! I would've alot better off they did get out!
Heather

Versailles, KY

#28 Mar 5, 2013
You are rewriting history. That house was not part if the historical district. Check out the H1 map on the city's web page. The historical district starts at Emma Watts house. Additionally the old house was destroid. Old..yes and pretty... before the fire yes but historical... No. Please do go to any other city to see if they build apartments next to a university. You will find that they do. One more thing, the liquor store next to apartments is really historical.
Curious wrote:
I gave up when they voted to put college apts on Lancaster where the historical homes of Richmond gave this town character and beauty. Who does that??? Go to any other historical street or district in any other town and see if they build apt buildings in the middle of it. So nothing at this point surprises me nor will it.
Larry

Lexington, KY

#29 Mar 5, 2013
Richmond has zero off campus student housing. You complained when they lived near you, and you're complaining now that they built off site student housing.

Richmond is a POS in every since of the word, and some of you all want to preserve that? Why? Because misery loves company. This town is backwards and sorry.
Lucky

Lexington, KY

#31 Mar 6, 2013
Heather wrote:
You are rewriting history. That house was not part if the historical district. Check out the H1 map on the city's web page. The historical district starts at Emma Watts house. Additionally the old house was destroid. Old..yes and pretty... before the fire yes but historical... No. Please do go to any other city to see if they build apartments next to a university. You will find that they do. One more thing, the liquor store next to apartments is really historical.
<quoted text>
thanks Heather! Supplying facts is hard for people to do on this site. For those who want to help with these buildings a great way to do this is to form a club and start saving money. Lets suppose a club was formed in 1980 with 100 members. Each member donated $5 each for a total of $500 per month. If that was invested at a 10% return it would be worth $4,319,594.65

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman In Black Dress and Glasses I Saw Leaving ... 29 min Just A Dog Chasin... 137
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 33 min really 151,732
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 54 min Jennifer Renee 38,690
d and k marine (Apr '14) 1 hr Atpurcell 11
Marvin Terry Jr. (Jan '13) 1 hr Darkknight 8
Katrina blanton 1 hr Curious 1
~*~ Last Post WINS ~*~ (Oct '11) 3 hr Sharlene45 4,994

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages