resident

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

I am embarassed of the way our city looks. We use to have one of the prettiest downtowns at Christmas time. Thank God for the courthouse and their lights or it would be so bare. There are hardly any lights, no bows on the streetlights, city hall does not have any lights on...nothing outside. It looked so good last year. This year, nothing.
Who Is This

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

The grinch (mayor--commissioners) stole all the money.
Becky

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

I'm embarrassed by the way our city looks, too. But forget the decorations and all the frivolous stuff. How about the poor condition our streets are in...I don't think I've ever seen so many in such a state of disrepair. Really rough on a car's alignment too! I'd much prefer my tax dollars be spent on repairing the streets than on Christmas decorations, huge pots of flowers in the spring/summer, etc. In these tough economic days, it's time for everyone to get their priorities straight. And, believe it or not, I'm not really a Scrooge...simply tired of watching the city I've called home for 40+ years deteriorate like it has.
Jetstream

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Becky wrote:
I'm embarrassed by the way our city looks, too. But forget the decorations and all the frivolous stuff. How about the poor condition our streets are in...I don't think I've ever seen so many in such a state of disrepair. Really rough on a car's alignment too! I'd much prefer my tax dollars be spent on repairing the streets than on Christmas decorations, huge pots of flowers in the spring/summer, etc. In these tough economic days, it's time for everyone to get their priorities straight. And, believe it or not, I'm not really a Scrooge...simply tired of watching the city I've called home for 40+ years deteriorate like it has.
At least it's easier to buy crack now.
just me

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Jetstream wrote:
<quoted text>
At least it's easier to buy crack now.
Yeah yet again the trailor park trash show's it's ugly head
Glacier Man

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

I have been here for 5 years and the first thing I noticed was that our street signs are hardly ever straight up and down. They are all bent over which looks terrible. Could'nt the city get a crew out to straighten them all up? That would be a start.
Who Is This

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

The street crew does'nt have time to work on signs, They come in at 7 o'clock, breakfast at hardees until 9 oclock, 1 hr.off for luch, leave at 3 0'clock. not much time to do anything like that.
thats right

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

HAHAHA...you seen em in action too????
Who Is This wrote:
The street crew does'nt have time to work on signs, They come in at 7 o'clock, breakfast at hardees until 9 oclock, 1 hr.off for luch, leave at 3 0'clock. not much time to do anything like that.
Glacier Man

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

thats right wrote:
HAHAHA...you seen em in action too????
<quoted text>
Are you kiding me? There are 6 supervisors and 2 workers watching and doing the work.
Concerned

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Thats one more reason our city is in T R O U B L E

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Richmond Forum right now

Search the Richmond Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 33 min wtf 147,247
Used Tires (Sep '11) 1 hr jmad 12
Best Revenge on the "other woman" (Sep '09) 3 hr Not sure what to think 247
Missing teen girl in Berea (Jun '13) 4 hr Racier 7,167
free school supplies 6 hr Mother 7
To All Of Those That Like To Critize Me 6 hr Gacy 92
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr spaceship 129,040
the Detroit dudes 8 hr OldDays 41
•••
•••
•••
•••

Richmond Jobs