Downtown Richmond
resident

Lexington, KY

#1 Dec 16, 2009
I am embarassed of the way our city looks. We use to have one of the prettiest downtowns at Christmas time. Thank God for the courthouse and their lights or it would be so bare. There are hardly any lights, no bows on the streetlights, city hall does not have any lights on...nothing outside. It looked so good last year. This year, nothing.
Who Is This

Richmond, KY

#2 Dec 16, 2009
The grinch (mayor--commissioners) stole all the money.
Becky

Richmond, KY

#3 Dec 16, 2009
I'm embarrassed by the way our city looks, too. But forget the decorations and all the frivolous stuff. How about the poor condition our streets are in...I don't think I've ever seen so many in such a state of disrepair. Really rough on a car's alignment too! I'd much prefer my tax dollars be spent on repairing the streets than on Christmas decorations, huge pots of flowers in the spring/summer, etc. In these tough economic days, it's time for everyone to get their priorities straight. And, believe it or not, I'm not really a Scrooge...simply tired of watching the city I've called home for 40+ years deteriorate like it has.
Jetstream

United States

#4 Dec 16, 2009
Becky wrote:
I'm embarrassed by the way our city looks, too. But forget the decorations and all the frivolous stuff. How about the poor condition our streets are in...I don't think I've ever seen so many in such a state of disrepair. Really rough on a car's alignment too! I'd much prefer my tax dollars be spent on repairing the streets than on Christmas decorations, huge pots of flowers in the spring/summer, etc. In these tough economic days, it's time for everyone to get their priorities straight. And, believe it or not, I'm not really a Scrooge...simply tired of watching the city I've called home for 40+ years deteriorate like it has.
At least it's easier to buy crack now.
just me

Berea, KY

#5 Dec 16, 2009
Jetstream wrote:
<quoted text>
At least it's easier to buy crack now.
Yeah yet again the trailor park trash show's it's ugly head
Glacier Man

Richmond, KY

#6 Dec 16, 2009
I have been here for 5 years and the first thing I noticed was that our street signs are hardly ever straight up and down. They are all bent over which looks terrible. Could'nt the city get a crew out to straighten them all up? That would be a start.
Who Is This

Richmond, KY

#7 Dec 16, 2009
The street crew does'nt have time to work on signs, They come in at 7 o'clock, breakfast at hardees until 9 oclock, 1 hr.off for luch, leave at 3 0'clock. not much time to do anything like that.
thats right

Corbin, KY

#8 Dec 16, 2009
HAHAHA...you seen em in action too????
Who Is This wrote:
The street crew does'nt have time to work on signs, They come in at 7 o'clock, breakfast at hardees until 9 oclock, 1 hr.off for luch, leave at 3 0'clock. not much time to do anything like that.
Glacier Man

Richmond, KY

#9 Dec 16, 2009
thats right wrote:
HAHAHA...you seen em in action too????
<quoted text>
Are you kiding me? There are 6 supervisors and 2 workers watching and doing the work.
Concerned

Richmond, KY

#10 Dec 16, 2009
Thats one more reason our city is in T R O U B L E

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 9 min Jennifer Renee 38,775
I got drunk to say 13 min Imforreal 1
Donald Maggard (Jun '14) 47 min Yep 18
Guess Who Is Still Going To Be Getting His Cla... 1 hr Rachel Molly Cous... 24
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr IND 152,052
Willie & Amy Sparks = pill heads 3 hr King Solomon 1
~*~ Last Post WINS ~*~ (Oct '11) 5 hr Sharlene45 5,028

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance