God fearing women
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Single By Choice

Richmond, KY

#1 Nov 4, 2010
So check it out...

I don't regret staying single; I decided early on that if I wanted a family some day, I needed to be able to support it (I certainly didn't want my family to go through what I had to as a kid).

So I've been in the position to buy my first house, but I've been waiting because I would hate to invest in a house, just to maybe find someone who doesn't want to stay around here - or wants to move off somewhere else to raise kids. For the past two years I've really been looking VERY hard for a nice, God fearing woman who loves Jesus. Haven't found much that I'm attracted to.

I think this is why...

I'm really big on integrity (if you say you're going to do something, then DO it); don't lie to me or anyone else, even if it's a little lie. Just tell the truth, though it may hurt.

I've found MANY women (lots of guys out there do the same thing) who say they believe in God, and act like these nice Christian women; when come to find out, they're out at the bar every weekend getting drunk, or sleeping with some guy they barely know!

What's so womanly about that??

Now, if you don't believe in the Lord, and you think this kind of behavior is just fine - then fine, believe what you will. But I'm talking about women who SAY they're Christian, but turn around and act like complete heathens.

I know it's not ALL women, but it's a lot of them.

I'm really not sure why I'm as shocked as I am to find that it's so hard to find a good person to be with, given with what I know now. I suppose I'm just a little disappointed in Christian behavior as a whole. Atheists are more honest than we are in such a scenario.

We deserve to have a tough road ahead of us when it comes to finding a partner.
Amazing

Richmond, KY

#2 Nov 4, 2010
Sounds like you need to find your dream woman within the church? Gotta go where the God fearing women are in their actual and true element.
Doctor Truth

Lexington, KY

#3 Nov 4, 2010
Single By Choice wrote:
So check it out...
I don't regret staying single; I decided early on that if I wanted a family some day, I needed to be able to support it (I certainly didn't want my family to go through what I had to as a kid).
So I've been in the position to buy my first house, but I've been waiting because I would hate to invest in a house, just to maybe find someone who doesn't want to stay around here - or wants to move off somewhere else to raise kids. For the past two years I've really been looking VERY hard for a nice, God fearing woman who loves Jesus. Haven't found much that I'm attracted to.
I think this is why...
I'm really big on integrity (if you say you're going to do something, then DO it); don't lie to me or anyone else, even if it's a little lie. Just tell the truth, though it may hurt.
I've found MANY women (lots of guys out there do the same thing) who say they believe in God, and act like these nice Christian women; when come to find out, they're out at the bar every weekend getting drunk, or sleeping with some guy they barely know!
What's so womanly about that??
Now, if you don't believe in the Lord, and you think this kind of behavior is just fine - then fine, believe what you will. But I'm talking about women who SAY they're Christian, but turn around and act like complete heathens.
I know it's not ALL women, but it's a lot of them.
I'm really not sure why I'm as shocked as I am to find that it's so hard to find a good person to be with, given with what I know now. I suppose I'm just a little disappointed in Christian behavior as a whole. Atheists are more honest than we are in such a scenario.
We deserve to have a tough road ahead of us when it comes to finding a partner.
Have you ever considered the fact that maybe you're gay?
athiest

Richmond, KY

#4 Nov 4, 2010
I am atheist and I don't lie to my partner. I know what you mean, but why would you want a god fearing woman? Why not just look for a good woman. Just because they go to church makes them no different than anyone else. There are hypocrites no matter where you look.
My man does not like what I have to say and I know sometimes it hurts him but I don't like secrets in a relationship. He asked me if he had the biggest thing I had ever had and I told him the truth. Needless to say he was so angry but why should I have to lie? I never know what to think when he answers my questions because in some cases I know it's not the truth and I hate not knowing what he really thinks of me or his real views on things. That could be why I don't have a lot of friends. The truth is, not many people like the truth.
Single By Choice

Richmond, KY

#5 Nov 5, 2010
*Doc Truth - lol, that was funny, especially the obvious errors in the syntax.

*atheist - I agree, hypocrisy is everywhere (which is one reason I currently don't have a church - but am going to attend a new one this weekend, so I'll see how that works out for me). As far as finding a (Judeo-Christian) God fearing woman, I want my kids to be equally educated mainstream faiths, but raised in a whole Christian home. When they're older, they can make a solid decision about what they believe. I also agree that many people don't like the truth, which (I think) is why there are so many 'nice' people out there who constantly lie straight through their teeth just because they're afraid of hurting someone's feelings.

I think there are many methods of delivering honesty, and care should be practiced when doing so (I don't think it's very good to deliberately scold someone with honesty just because they have the opportunity to). A person can be nice and honest at the same time, without having to lie.
Single By Choice

Richmond, KY

#6 Nov 5, 2010
Amazing wrote:
Sounds like you need to find your dream woman within the church? Gotta go where the God fearing women are in their actual and true element.
Not necessarily. I'm a God fearing man and I don't have a home church yet. So it's fair to say that my possible dream woman doesn't have one either. I know what you mean though, and I partly agree - but it's also fair to say that there is a great deal of hypocrisy in the church, and the idea of finding said dream woman may not increase within a church.

Also, I believe that going to church just to find someone to be with is definitely not a good reason to go. We go to church to learn more of, and worship, the Lord with each other.
Always Single

Richmond, KY

#7 Nov 5, 2010
Don't worry "Single By Choice" After reading your post, I feel you will always be single.
Single By Choice

Richmond, KY

#8 Nov 5, 2010
You're probably right!:D

But it's all good; I have a comfortable life. I was just looking for someone to share it with is all.
Doctor Truth

Lexington, KY

#9 Nov 5, 2010
Single By Choice wrote:
*Doc Truth - lol, that was funny, especially the obvious errors in the syntax.
*atheist - I agree, hypocrisy is everywhere (which is one reason I currently don't have a church - but am going to attend a new one this weekend, so I'll see how that works out for me). As far as finding a (Judeo-Christian) God fearing woman, I want my kids to be equally educated mainstream faiths, but raised in a whole Christian home. When they're older, they can make a solid decision about what they believe. I also agree that many people don't like the truth, which (I think) is why there are so many 'nice' people out there who constantly lie straight through their teeth just because they're afraid of hurting someone's feelings.
I think there are many methods of delivering honesty, and care should be practiced when doing so (I don't think it's very good to deliberately scold someone with honesty just because they have the opportunity to). A person can be nice and honest at the same time, without having to lie.
I'm sensing some hostility in your postings. You know, sometimes, what we don't like in others is just a reflection of what we don't like about ourselves.
Single By Choice

Richmond, KY

#10 Nov 6, 2010
Doctor Truth wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sensing some hostility in your postings. You know, sometimes, what we don't like in others is just a reflection of what we don't like about ourselves.
Lol, not sure where you're getting the "hostility" from, but ok!:D

And I agree with the 'reflection' bit you said. I also agree that it is sometimes true. ;)
GOD fearing_loving woman

United States

#11 Nov 6, 2010
There are some God fearing, God loving women who do not go to church, by choice. I honestly believe God has abandoned the churches. Look at all the boy loving preachers, not to mention the gay pastors, and gay congregations. That is not what God wants in His House. The 'wheat and tares' parable, in my opinion, is shortly to take place....
Lucky Number Seven

Richmond, KY

#12 Nov 7, 2010
I agree!

That's exactly the reason I haven't claimed a home church yet; too much hypocrisy.

How can someone be gay, and know Christ?

How can someone be a pedophile, and know Christ?

Granted, I don't have near the understanding that the Lord has, but I just can't see (according to the Bible) someone maintaining a bad lifestyle and still being right with the Lord.

They may say they're saved by Jesus, but if they're still gay or doing whatever it is, then they're definitely not talking about the God-man Jesus that I'm talking about (the Way, the Truth and the Life).

However, I don't think God has abandoned the true church; He simply is not with those who refuse Him, and there are MANY who refuse Him.
TheKeyCracker

Garner, NC

#13 Dec 24, 2011
I am right there with you man about the God fearing woman. Your not alone bro. Don't give up:)
We must understand in Christian beliefs we follow the word of God, in any other terms this is a book called the "Bible" of course. It does say something in this book that points out the way the church is acting in these new times. I believe it pushes the fact that there will always be hypocrisy in the church.. You may never find an entire church that you actually feel completely comfortable in "Man in the flesh cannot be trusted" But the Lord inside of men can.
I believe it is the leader of the church that we should really focus on when we are deciding to join. We should ask ourselves questions to whether this man is actually preaching the word of God as "truth" or not.??
The entire congregation can be full of murderers for all I care, then again should'nt a murderer be in church cleansing his sins anyways?
exaggeration of course lol!
My best friend is a homosexual, totally different personality then me, although, she knows my views on her lifestyle she is the only "female" other than mom of course, that i can talk to.
I think its a really cool and different phenomenon.
ABSOLUTELY SAYS

Toms River, NJ

#15 Jun 16, 2012
it is very true, many of them today are LOW LIFE PIGS.
aamaandaa

Ironton, OH

#16 Jun 16, 2012
Single By Choice wrote:
So check it out...
I don't regret staying single; I decided early on that if I wanted a family some day, I needed to be able to support it (I certainly didn't want my family to go through what I had to as a kid).
So I've been in the position to buy my first house, but I've been waiting because I would hate to invest in a house, just to maybe find someone who doesn't want to stay around here - or wants to move off somewhere else to raise kids. For the past two years I've really been looking VERY hard for a nice, God fearing woman who loves Jesus. Haven't found much that I'm attracted to.
I think this is why...
I'm really big on integrity (if you say you're going to do something, then DO it); don't lie to me or anyone else, even if it's a little lie. Just tell the truth, though it may hurt.
I've found MANY women (lots of guys out there do the same thing) who say they believe in God, and act like these nice Christian women; when come to find out, they're out at the bar every weekend getting drunk, or sleeping with some guy they barely know!
What's so womanly about that??
Now, if you don't believe in the Lord, and you think this kind of behavior is just fine - then fine, believe what you will. But I'm talking about women who SAY they're Christian, but turn around and act like complete heathens.
I know it's not ALL women, but it's a lot of them.
I'm really not sure why I'm as shocked as I am to find that it's so hard to find a good person to be with, given with what I know now. I suppose I'm just a little disappointed in Christian behavior as a whole. Atheists are more honest than we are in such a scenario.
We deserve to have a tough road ahead of us
when it comes to finding a partner.
Try a Christian matching website like plentyoffish or Christianmingle I know I sound crazy suggesting a dating site but its worth a shot since your looking everywhere. I know quite a few people who have used these and weren't disappointed! Good luck finding your woman!:)

“Fighting Cancer”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#17 Jun 16, 2012
It has taken me many years, but I have finally done it!

:)
VERY TRUE SAYS

Toms River, NJ

#18 Jun 20, 2012
julie40385 wrote:
It has taken me many years, but I have finally done it!
:)
it is without a doubt very hard for US STRAIGHT GUYS that are SERIOUSLY looking to meet a GOOD WOMAN nowadays like our mother's were back then. today the women have their SHIT DON'T STINK OF AN ATTITUDE, and are so VERY NASTY to talk too. LOW LIFE GARBAGE WOMEN seem to be EVERYWHERE now.
CeCe

Augusta, GA

#19 Nov 20, 2012
Single By Choice wrote:
So check it out...I don't regret staying single; I decided early on that if I wanted a family some day, I needed to be able to support it (I certainly didn't want my family to go through what I had to as a kid). So I've been in the position to buy my first house, but I've been waiting because I would hate to invest in a house, just to maybe find someone who doesn't want to stay around here - or wants to move off somewhere else to raise kids. For the past two years I've really been looking VERY hard for a nice, God fearing woman who loves Jesus. Haven't found much that I'm attracted to. I think this is why...
I'm really big on integrity (if you say you're going to do something, then DO it); don't lie to me or anyone else, even if it's a little lie. Just tell the truth, though it may hurt.
I've found MANY women (lots of guys out there do the same thing) who say they believe in God, and act like these nice Christian women; when come to find out, they're out at the bar every weekend getting drunk, or sleeping with some guy they barely know!
What's so womanly about that?? Now, if you don't believe in the Lord, and you think this kind of behavior is just fine - then fine, believe what you will. But I'm talking about women who SAY they're Christian, but turn around and act like complete heathens.
I know it's not ALL women, but it's a lot of them.
I'm really not sure why I'm as shocked as I am to find that it's so hard to find a good person to be with, given with what I know now. I suppose I'm just a little disappointed in Christian behavior as a whole. Atheists are more honest than we are in such a scenario.
We deserve to have a tough road ahead of us when it comes to finding a partner.
You must understand that in today's society many are claiming to be this type of man or woman and that's it. They're claiming it, yet their lives are totally different. The reason is this; a person can be saved, but that doesn't mean they're living the life they profess; which is the situation most are in. It takes true commitment, understanding, trial and error, maturity, and growth to truly know God and yourself. The relationship has to be personal with God and daily. You can fool others, but you can't fool yourself or God. Most people go to church or worship out of mere tradition (it's what they were taught), they go out of pure habit. When a woman goes to church and is going because she has a true personal relationship with God it will show in her walk, talk, dress, behavior (at all times), she will not be able to wall in the sanctuary looking like a slut or someone's whore. A true woman of God heart will be convicted and she will move away from the way of the world. Same goes for a true man of God. He will no longer think with his penis. He will understand what it means to be a good mature man and will desire the same in a woman. He will see beyond a pretty face and nice body. I have made it to the level where I'm the same outside of my home as I am in my home. Most live behind facades and are totally different from what they present to others. To do otherwise is a growing process, but anyone can reach the level if they realize there's nothing in this world worth them losing their souls. I don't care if people think I'm square or plain, I don't indulge in mess of any sorts. I live my life like I really want to see heaven and no one or nothing will make me change my mind. Heaven is my goal and my purpose is serving God and others. I do what I can for anyone. Don't count me as weak I'm far from it. I just pray for the world and all people in it. People have lost morals and values, therefore not standing for anything and falling for any and everything. There are good women and men out there, but the truth lies in a person's actions. Just believe it when you see it! Stop trying to make it what you want it to be and see it for what it truly is. This would save a lot of people heartache and pain.
CeCe

Augusta, GA

#20 Nov 20, 2012
GOD fearing_loving woman wrote:
There are some God fearing, God loving women who do not go to church, by choice. I honestly believe God has abandoned the churches. Look at all the boy loving preachers, not to mention the gay pastors, and gay congregations. That is not what God wants in His House. The 'wheat and tares' parable, in my opinion, is shortly to take place....
Honey God hasn't abandoned the church, the people have abandon God. The sanctuary is a building/a place of worship. The church is in your heart and you carry it with you day in and day out. Most people say they believe in God, but they really don't truly believe. IF they did they wouldn't do the things you listed above. You can't believe in God and be homosexual, not TRULY believe. You can profess it all day, but your lifestyle speaks the truth. Whatever a person wishes to do is their choice, but you can't live something different from the word and try to make it right, when it's clearly against God. So it's not God and for you to say that is blasphemy. Not judging you, but that is harsh to say about God. He never forsakes us, we do the leaving and forsaking. He wants every soul on earth to be saved, but He's not going to force it on us. He paved the way and it's up to each individual to walk the road or not. No one can live any way they want to and think it's alright with God, when He's clearly left instructions.
CeCe

Augusta, GA

#21 Nov 20, 2012
Lucky Number Seven wrote:
I agree!
That's exactly the reason I haven't claimed a home church yet; too much hypocrisy.
How can someone be gay, and know Christ?
How can someone be a pedophile, and know Christ?
Granted, I don't have near the understanding that the Lord has, but I just can't see (according to the Bible) someone maintaining a bad lifestyle and still being right with the Lord.
They may say they're saved by Jesus, but if they're still gay or doing whatever it is, then they're definitely not talking about the God-man Jesus that I'm talking about (the Way, the Truth and the Life).
However, I don't think God has abandoned the true church; He simply is not with those who refuse Him, and there are MANY who refuse Him.
Once saved, I believe you're always saved. I don't think God takes that away, because a person backslide. What I believe is the person is saved, but is not living according to God's Word. A person has to first confess Jesus is Lord to be saved, that is the first step (like an initiation into something), however living the life is something way beyond that and most people are just saved. They believe to a degree, but they don't believe fully to the agree of wanting to give up their old ways or the ways of this old world. When a person truly believes, they will completely change. There's no way to love God and truly believe and be the same. No way on earth is that possible. We just have to pray for our brothers and sisters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing teen girl in Berea (Jun '13) 2 min Curious 8,229
You Know 8 min bear 35
NEW GAME*****Last Word + 2**** (Aug '15) 24 min Doobie Time 423
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 29 min Momma 163,696
tim jewell 35 min its me 1
Desperate Democrats wanting to investigate 49 min girlcrush 2
Apartment 58 min Sacaroo 10
The Unremarkable History of Edturd 1 hr biter 507

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages