kirksville baptist church

Posted in the Richmond Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
karen

Nicholasville, KY

#1 Sep 26, 2011
does anyone think kirksville needs a new paster.i know of about 10 couples that have left and each one says it was because of him.
allison

United States

#2 Sep 26, 2011
karen wrote:
does anyone think kirksville needs a new paster.i know of about 10 couples that have left and each one says it was because of him.
if 10 couples quit a church there must be some sort of problem but perhaps not with the pastor. What is his name?
hmmm

United States

#3 Sep 27, 2011
If you think the pastor is the problem take it up with Butch himself instead of rambling and wanting to talk about people on here. My personal opinion is Butch is a wonderful preacher. He speaks straight from the bible and his heart. He gets so into his sermons, they always seem to help me thru my current issues. I think he is the best preacher since brother Winters. Him and his wife are great people and always willing to help anyone out that needs or wants it. So if you dont like him, do like you say the others did, leave and find another church that you are happy with.
jon

Glenview, IL

#4 Sep 27, 2011
I've been going for years to kirksville butch is a great guy but no mike winters when mike was here we had to have 2 morning services because the church was so full.I do agree I do miss all of the ones that have left.I do get tired of the I sermons I know just about all of the sermons he braggs how long he's been preaching and what he has done. I get tired of the jokes and sarcasm too from him.
bill

Glenview, IL

#5 Sep 27, 2011
We didn't have to worry about money either.
what

Chicago, IL

#6 Sep 27, 2011
We used to have a lot more people on wed and sunday nights to.and what's up with no invitation on wed night seevice
karen

Chicago, IL

#7 Sep 27, 2011
If love grows a church why are we not growing.
QQq

Richmond, KY

#8 Sep 28, 2011
what a horrible place to disguss ones church!!!!!!!!!! and talk about the preacher.Bible says gossip is awful.BY way i Don't go to church.
Really

Richmond, KY

#9 Sep 28, 2011
QQq wrote:
what a horrible place to disguss ones church!!!!!!!!!! and talk about the preacher.Bible says gossip is awful.BY way i Don't go to church.
QQq you're absolutely right. I do go to Kirksville Baptist, and all of you commenting on here should be ashamed of yourselves. Brother Butch is a great guy and if you don't like how the church services are handled, then talk to Butch or the Deacons. Getting on here complaining doesn't solve a thing. You'll find that in-person discussion and prayer will help a whole lot more!
Kathy H

Richmond, KY

#10 Sep 28, 2011
My family also does not attend Kirksville Baptist but know Brother Butch well and have family that goes there. He is a good man with a clean heart and has been there for much of my family when they have been in need. Topix destroys and hurts people. Please go back to your church and tell Brother Butch you are praying for him. If the Lord wants him moved, God will take care of it himself. Lift him up in prayer.... that is your duty as his flock.
jim

Nicholasville, KY

#11 Sep 28, 2011
i also go to kirksville.i cant say butch is the reason people are leaving but i do think wed night should be a more traditional service with invitation and revival should go all week instead of just the 4 days.i do think a younger pastor might relate more to some of our people.
Kenneth Houston Kelley

Lexington, KY

#12 Sep 28, 2011
karen wrote:
does anyone think kirksville needs a new paster.i know of about 10 couples that have left and each one says it was because of him.
There is always some dissatisfied people in any organization. Most people that leave a church is out of fellowship with God or they cannot have their own agenda. As for the ten couples leaving, I believe that is an untrue statement! and over exaggerated. we have lost quite a few people this past year because of death. It is not ethical for a christian to gossip an tear down a fellow christian. I never read topix, and it is a good place for gossip. A person called me this morning and informed me that I should read Richmond Topix about Kirksville Baptist. The Bible says "let your yea be yea and nay be nay. but on here everyone is secretive in who they are. That says a lot for the person trying to tear down the pastor or a brother in Christ. Pray for our pastor, pray for our church.
Butch

Winchester, KY

#13 Sep 28, 2011
I want to thank all of you who are so critical of the work at Kirksville. Maybe things happen as they happen because people listen more to the gossip or have an agenda for themselves rather than God's work. If I am the problem for God's work, I believe God will move me out of the way. Oh yeah at the top it said some have left. I am sorry they have gone but God knows what is truth!!!
time gone by

United States

#14 Oct 1, 2011
Butch wrote:
I want to thank all of you who are so critical of the work at Kirksville. Maybe things happen as they happen because people listen more to the gossip or have an agenda for themselves rather than God's work. If I am the problem for God's work, I believe God will move me out of the way. Oh yeah at the top it said some have left. I am sorry they have gone but God knows what is truth!!!
brother butch you need to have a special meeting and talk with the women of the church about gossip and jealousy and the little click they have going on. nobody really cares how much money they have and how many diamonds they wear. They need to get concerned about and help others in need instead of loving what they have and wanting more. I used to go to that church but has been a long time ago, too much gossip and high feelers for me.
janet r

United States

#15 Oct 2, 2011
Really wrote:
<quoted text>QQq you're absolutely right. I do go to Kirksville Baptist, and all of you commenting on here should be ashamed of yourselves. Brother Butch is a great guy and if you don't like how the church services are handled, then talk to Butch or the Deacons. Getting on here complaining doesn't solve a thing. You'll find that in-person discussion and prayer will help a whole lot more!
then why are you on here, QQq ? Practice what you preach.
sister sister

Richmond, KY

#16 Oct 2, 2011
time gone by wrote:
<quoted text>brother butch you need to have a special meeting and talk with the women of the church about gossip and jealousy and the little click they have going on. nobody really cares how much money they have and how many diamonds they wear. They need to get concerned about and help others in need instead of loving what they have and wanting more. I used to go to that church but has been a long time ago, too much gossip and high feelers for me.
first, how do you know its only women doing these things and second,"brother butch" ain't gonna say anything to the high rollers in the church, they pay his salary, remember sister you don't bite the hand that feeds you.you best bridle that tongue sister.
Sue

Winchester, KY

#17 Oct 2, 2011
I am not a member of this church and do not know the people but I do know it is a disgrace for any of you to be posting anything about your church and any issues you may be having on topix. It does nothing but make you and your church look bad. It makes people read this and think right here is exactly where I do not want to be. It just plainly looks bad.
QQq

Richmond, KY

#18 Oct 3, 2011
I don't attend church but i just don't agree with people gossiping on here about their church or preacher.im old enough to know what BIBLE SAYS ABOUT GOSSIPING.JANET R.
Bad times

Winchester, KY

#19 Oct 4, 2011
This is the first time I have ever been on this site and the last! And people wonder why no one goes to church. This is not the place to air out the problems in God house, in fact it should have never left the church! God knows all your hearts my heart and God will fix it! You should be building each other up instead of tearing each other down! Butch is a man of God or he would not be where he is today. I pray for the church and the members and hope nothing is ever posted on this site again! work this out inside the doors of the church and then get to Gods work!! God Bless
visited once

United States

#20 Oct 5, 2011
I visited Kirksville Baptist about a year ago. The people were so friendly! My family definitely felt wanted there.

The pastor visited us a few days later. During the visit, he told us about his wife wanting to retire, but he didn't want her to. The Pastor went out and bought a brand new van without talking to her, sinking them in debt and keeping her from retiring!! My mouth dropped open that he would brag about being so controlling towards his wife.

Needless to say, I haven't been back. If this man retires or leaves, I may give the church another chance. No disrespect to the members, who seem like a loving, Christian bunch of people, but the pastor's behavior borders on domestic violence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 6 min Jennifer Renee 19,431
How Am I Supposed to Climb The Ladder of Succes... 10 min Rock Hudson 3,806
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 10 min Jennifer Renee 31,700
Warning!! Crazy Homewrecker in the walmart deli! 27 min mr buttman 11
Where can i get a tat for my dog? 36 min wtf 10
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 37 min spaceship 135,193
Concerning Chase Bank 58 min honestabe 2
Richmond Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Richmond People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]