Where are the good single Christian w...

Where are the good single Christian women?

Posted in the Richmond Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Staci

London, KY

#1 Aug 1, 2012
My friend is a great guy. He believes in God and is looking for a good woman for life long relationship. It seems there are not any good women out there. I decided to post on topix for him and if there are any good women that would like to meet a God fearing Christian man write me at [email protected] I am screening contacts to weed out the fake people.

He is in his mid 30's so be younger but not too much younger. He is very shy too. Height not an issue for him, so you can be taller or even very small yourself. Having a positive attitude and being God fearing is a big plus. You can have children but no former marriages. Single and never married only. Also absolutely no drugs, tobacco or alcohol will be tolerated. That is not good nor is it Christian. No tattoos or piercings (except ears). None of that will be tolerated by him. As I said he is a strong and strict believer. He has a "give it all up for God" attitude.
Memo

Richmond, KY

#2 Aug 2, 2012
Try cristian singles not topix!
Seems odd

Richmond, KY

#3 Aug 2, 2012
Seems odd to be accepting of single mothers, but not divorced single mothers...
Seems odd

Richmond, KY

#4 Aug 2, 2012
Or widows
interested

United States

#5 Aug 2, 2012
Staci wrote:
My friend is a great guy. He believes in God and is looking for a good woman for life long relationship. It seems there are not any good women out there. I decided to post on topix for him and if there are any good women that would like to meet a God fearing Christian man write me at [email protected] I am screening contacts to weed out the fake people.
He is in his mid 30's so be younger but not too much younger. He is very shy too. Height not an issue for him, so you can be taller or even very small yourself. Having a positive attitude and being God fearing is a big plus. You can have children but no former marriages. Single and never married only. Also absolutely no drugs, tobacco or alcohol will be tolerated. That is not good nor is it Christian. No tattoos or piercings (except ears). None of that will be tolerated by him. As I said he is a strong and strict believer. He has a "give it all up for God" attitude.
Wow, good luck with alllllllll that! Why hasn't he found one at his church?
Seems odd

Richmond, KY

#6 Aug 2, 2012
Maybe he's too shy or they are all married or have been married before?
the good girls

Fort Collins, CO

#7 Aug 2, 2012
all the good christian are in the bar at night. there is no such thing as a good christian woman. every christian i met has broken at least 4 (most more) of comendments.

and before you even start to reply and say your a good chrstian woman, i ask you this.... what the hell are you (a good christian woman) doing on topix.

nough said, out!
trinitychristian 42

Jackson, KY

#8 Aug 2, 2012
Cause to find a good christian man is hard. They say they are christian and the minute you say your not gonna have sex till you get married they turn and run. The one's in there thirties are married. duh. Well cause I don't like being in a bar with all the drunks. Listening to lies.
To find someone who will pray with you, read the bible with you is not that easy to find.
the good girls

Fort Collins, CO

#9 Aug 3, 2012
trinitychristian42 wrote:
Cause to find a good christian man is hard. They say they are christian and the minute you say your not gonna have sex till you get married they turn and run. The one's in there thirties are married. duh. Well cause I don't like being in a bar with all the drunks. Listening to lies.
To find someone who will pray with you, read the bible with you is not that easy to find.
yet, here you are trolling on topix to find a man to raise your babies.... lol, good luck!
very right says

Toms River, NJ

#12 Oct 11, 2012
where in the world are there any real good women today? where i am now, many women are into other women these days. even the straight women have an attitude problem, when i try talking to the one that i would really like to meet. bring back the women like we had years ago, they were certainly much more educated than today.
hmm

Winchester, KY

#13 Oct 11, 2012
a believer of kids born out of wedlock?? Not very christian there. Sorry, I definatly dont fit that. I am a DIVORCED mother of 2. I left that marriage due to abuse, so im definatly not sorry for that divorce. And i also have tattoos. While i dont smoke drink(much) or do drugs, I do have tattoos, kids, and a divorce on my record...Maybe he will find that. There are a few good women out there, and im sure there are a few good men(although im not sure where) but until i find the no drama, no drugs, hard workin man that accepts me for me and doesnt mind that i have kids, tattoos, and divorced i guess i will just work and provide for my kids. Yeah, Im one them women that hold down a full time job, kids full time and dont bar hop spread legs or do a pill....Have a nice day :)
Hung Lo

Richmond, KY

#14 Oct 12, 2012
This is Hung Lo from the Chinese restaurant.

This topix reminds me of an ancient chinese proverb. To find fish, one must go the the river.

Hung Lo suggest if you looking for a Christian woman, you go to Church on Sunday morning, Sunday night and Wednesday night...there you will find a Christian Woman. If you want to find a Chinese woman, you go to China Town.
straight man says

Toms River, NJ

#16 Oct 16, 2012
that is what i would certainly like to know, and it is very sad that i live in an area where many of the women are LESBIANS NOW. even the straight women have such a very bad attitude problem, and are so hard to start a conversation with. so many of us straight serious men are really hoping to meet a good woman, but the straight ones are looking for men with money. if only they knew how to love a man for himself, like they did years ago.
honest

United States

#17 Oct 16, 2012
There aren't any good women these days. If you don't pull in some serious money and have a new home,they don't want anything to do with you. They want to be able to sit at home on their ass and talk on the phone all day. Or go running with their girlfriends. Then expect you to wine n dine them whenever they want. Luxury is what is on their minds, not love.

“Don't tell me what to do!!! ”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#18 Oct 16, 2012
Who said I was trolling for men. I was making a statement. About men and how they say they are christians and when you abstine they don't understand. I don't know where all the good women are. Maybe the are to busy trying to make a living. To try to make it a bar.
I don't need a man to raise my kid. He is almost grown I don't believe in men living with woman before they are married. Cause it never works. A man will try to kick you out when he finds someone else. They are so hard to get out of the home. Tell them to leave when A relationship ends. Best to just have there place and I have mine. I am just trying to raise my son now. If I wanted a man I could get one.
the good girls wrote:
<quoted text>
yet, here you are trolling on topix to find a man to raise your babies.... lol, good luck!
Proceed with Caution

Richmond, KY

#19 Oct 17, 2012
Firstly, this is a TERRIBLE place to hunt for traditional Christian companionship. I don't know if you've looked at the majority of threads on here, but Topix is primarily a gossip forum, full of hateful kids, squabbling ghetto rivals, pill-popping scum & racists, hatemongers; most folks herein are probably NOT his cup of tea... unless of course you count the self-righteous holier-than-thou types that spend all day preaching and judging folks here, wielding their faith like a weapon to hurt - which they *think* reinforces their beliefs, whilst being directly opposed to the teachings of Christ - but hey, maybe your guy friend is okay with that?

Also, is the "no prior marriages" stipulation faith-based, or just a personal preference to reduce hassle and drama with exes? If it's the latter, totally understand. However, if he's culling candidates for having had a divorce but accepting their out-of-wedlock children, seems like some shaky doctrine there. Just saying.

If it IS a doctrine-based decision: Will he be likewise expecting his woman to take on the Old Testament gender role of submitting to his will, staying subservient, and enduring his crap no matter what? If that's the case, I guess a prior divorce would indicate a gal had the sense and aptitude to kick his butt to the curb if he pulled anything; perhaps he's trying to ensure he can keep his future woman "locked in" regardless of his behavior?

Any way, dude needs to hit some of the local churches whose doctrine match up with his beliefs. Some have Sunday school classes & Bible study groups for singles his age, and plan events where he can get to know the other attendees. Surely it would be better that trolling around the gutter for a date here.

By the way, I am not a person of faith any more, so judging folks based on kids, divorce, tattoos, piercings, etc, all seems really ridiculous to me. People live life, make choices, and some have lasting consequences, but that shouldn't brand them for life as bad people. I don't have a problem with tats and piercings, but even so: I know quite a few devout believers who had gotten tattoos BEFORE converting. So now that they're stuck with some ink, are they to be shunned for past mistakes - mistakes that the Bible says God has forgiven them for? The only unforgivable sin was denouncing the faith... or so the Bible says.

Crap like that, and tons more besides, are why I will never again subscribe to any religion or belief in such things.

I DO agree with restrained courtship and sexual reservations of traditional Christian dating, particularly abstinence before marriage. Biggest problem these days is that folks rush in before ever truly knowing who they are dealing with, things get sexual, and they only learn after the fact that the person they're hooked up with/married is a douchebag.

Speaking of: Make no mistake, Ladies, Christian doesn't always = good guy. There's a lot of room for interpretation there, and by some of the strictest versions of the faith, women are taken back to the 1800 in terms of their expected/allowed place in things.

Just as some people need to figure out that non-Christian doesn't always equal evil... but if they've not figured that out in the 2000 years since Christ, they probably never will.
Teachnstuffnthin gsnsuch

Winchester, KY

#20 Oct 17, 2012
Dude should probably stop judging and stereotyping if he expects o find a good girl.
IddyBiddie

Cincinnati, OH

#21 Oct 17, 2012
The good christian women are at Church!

Since: Oct 12

Richmond, KY

#22 Oct 17, 2012
Seems odd wrote:
Seems odd to be accepting of single mothers, but not divorced single mothers...
Yes, it is a sin to have kids out of marriage. Yes, it is a sin to re-marry. Through Jesus Christ...the blood of Jesus Crist, we are forgiven of our sins. If a person has a child outside of marriage, and gets right with God then they can be forgiven. When we get saved, we turn from our sins and strive to live right. However it is a sin to re-marry unless the spouse dies. So if they are alive and we marry again, then everyday that we are married, we are continuing to commit that sin. So maybe this person that is loking for someone never married is afraid of dying in sin.

“Don't tell me what to do!!! ”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#23 Oct 17, 2012
Excuse me you are supposed to forgive. Love a person. No matter what to cast them out for a mistake before they found GOD is not right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 min another viewer 148,156
Any Single Woman Out There Want To Go Out With ... 1 min Edward Hieronymus 30
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 16 min RowdyRulzRacing 37,616
Brooke Robinson 19 min bunch of morons 36
gina allen (Jun '10) 43 min Girl 15
Just wondering 45 min Running away 2
People selling heroin 1 hr Jam 22
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages