bahahaha

Richmond, KY

#41 Jul 16, 2012
keep hoping...
former employee

United States

#42 Aug 28, 2012
who got fired wrote:
I thought they hired a new crew several months ago...did they all get fired..heard some girl was hired and put several employees out of a job what happended to her was she fired...thought she was hired to get the place back on track. think her name was Angie Cox...not sure met her in a bar one night she said she was running the arlington country club now...had taken the place of Skip somebody....maybe they need to fire her and get that Skip somebody back...
Ashly Cox. She played a good part in helping out with Arlington's financial dilemma. They had a catered event that cost over 20,000 and barely broke even on because of her. She was brought in as "director of marketing and special events" after Diane Welker was let go. It was a complete mess but still salvageable. Skip Daugherty was one of the few originals that still cared about Arlington. But too many people wanted it shut down so here we are.
former employee

United States

#43 Aug 28, 2012
former employee wrote:
<quoted text> Ashly Cox. She played a good part in helping out with Arlington's financial dilemma. They had a catered event that cost over 20,000 and barely broke even on because of her. She was brought in as "director of marketing and special events" after Diane Welker was let go. It was a complete mess but still salvageable. Skip Daugherty was one of the few originals that still cared about Arlington. But too many people wanted it shut down so here we are.
And yes she did put a few out of jobs , and wanted to get rid of more, even people that had been there for sometime and that members knew and loved. She was an uber b@#$* to everyone, except those she thought she could benefit from. She was extremely bad for buisness, but then again, she was probably meant to be.
Bad for business

United States

#44 Aug 30, 2012
That is sad. Are they looking into a solution?
former employee

Richmond, KY

#46 Aug 31, 2012
Bad for business wrote:
That is sad. Are they looking into a solution?
Highly unlikely. The current foundation board does not care at all if Arlington sinks or swims. The president of the foundation board is in good with Ed Worley . They probably want to develop it like they did downtown Richmond.
Bad for business

Winchester, KY

#47 Sep 1, 2012
I guess they don't if they hired a complete moron and listened to her advice as opposed to skip. So did they hire another director of marketing?
Savant

Richmond, KY

#49 Sep 2, 2012
The Worley angle may be legit and at this point who is to say it might not be for the best in the long run. Arlington HAD to hire another person to be the "Judas Goat" leading the place into disaster. If they had listened to Skip and the place still tanked - well it would be difficult to give Skip another position of responsibility and we surely can't have that!

Sell Arlington to anybody who will buy.
Silly

Winchester, KY

#51 Sep 10, 2012
So is Arlington still open?
Know

Nicholasville, KY

#52 Sep 13, 2012
Just another left wing establishment closed because those who teach our kids have no concept of the real world.
homesweethome

Richmond, KY

#53 Feb 19, 2013
events need better attention, but I think the pool will open this summer?
livesclose

Richmond, KY

#54 Feb 19, 2013
homesweethome wrote:
events need better attention, but I think the pool will open this summer?
Question? is the place open or not? Also can people eat there if they dont aquire a membership.
info

Richmond, KY

#55 Feb 19, 2013
No one can eat there, the dining was shut down completely. It's reservation for events only. I have no idea if the pool will be open this summer. As far as I know, it's closed.
More info

Richmond, KY

#56 Feb 20, 2013
Info, you are correct. The pool is closed. It's winter. It will however, open May 25, 2013 at 11:00.
Happy

Pikeville, KY

#57 Feb 21, 2013
I am thrilled to hear that the pool will be open again! It truly is a family place.
Info

Richmond, KY

#58 Feb 26, 2013
Can anyone tell me if you can join just for the pool in the summer months?
dummy

Richmond, KY

#59 Apr 10, 2013
No laMoron
In the Know

Richmond, KY

#60 Apr 10, 2013
Kemper Sports Management group is in the process of taking over day to day operations of Arlington.
Open

Richmond, KY

#61 May 3, 2013
When does their pool open? Is it open to the public now?
gas

Richmond, KY

#62 May 3, 2013
i farted
Tree Top Flyer

Winchester, KY

#63 May 5, 2013
Open wrote:
When does their pool open? Is it open to the public now?
Not open to the Public.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min ChromiuMan 163,856
The Unremarkable History of Edturd 40 min Like Cats Eyes 665
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 41,460
Ladies! The worst thing a man has ever done to ... (Sep '13) 3 hr Linder 18
Kevin Jenkins 9 hr LostSouls 11
Where is godly christian men at ? 10 hr Justbeingnosey 23
Who is the cutest Richmond City Cop (Feb '10) 14 hr leroi 75

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages