Arlington country club
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Question

Lexington, KY

#1 Feb 6, 2012
Does anybody know why they are closing there doors for good?
Long lost member

Winchester, KY

#2 Feb 6, 2012
The food sucked. They will tell you the economy, but the food sucked followed by poor management and the poor EKU oversight.
hungry

Richmond, KY

#3 Feb 6, 2012
Poor management. They took away the dining room only memberships to force people to buy full memberships and no one wanted to pay for golf tennis and pool just to eat there...

The food was good dont let people say it wasnt. It was the classiest place in town for dinner. Just poor choices on those making call on stoping dining only. We lost a treasure. The entire place will be EKU dairy farm in 5 years.
jj the jet plane

Richmond, KY

#4 Feb 6, 2012
Only the "House" has been closed for meals permanently. It will only be used for special events, with food being catered.

The new - very expensive - unneeded 19th hole will reopen when traffic picks up in April and the Concession stand will reopen in the summer when the pool reopens - so current management says.
yup

Whitmore Lake, MI

#5 Feb 7, 2012
The food was okay for the price, we only used the house during warmer months as a special treat for the family. The pool and food bar is what the kids enjoy most. I dread the membership increased fee!
Best

United States

#6 Feb 7, 2012
No manager for over two years. Food was not consistent. Service wasn't either. It adds up over time.
Golfer

Richmond, KY

#7 Feb 7, 2012
jj the jet plane wrote:
Only the "House" has been closed for meals permanently. It will only be used for special events, with food being catered.
The new - very expensive - unneeded 19th hole will reopen when traffic picks up in April and the Concession stand will reopen in the summer when the pool reopens - so current management says.
The "very expensive" YES 19th hole is now closed but us golfers still playing and still paying the increased dues are w/o this amendity. Me, I'll just pack my own snacks and beverages as will the other avid golfers. The dumb ass decison makers, whoever they are never have known how to run a Club. If a dollar bill was stuck in their face they would not see it.
Question

Lexington, KY

#8 Feb 8, 2012
I hope all the members find out where there money went to.. because i heard they were broke.
Very sad

Winchester, KY

#9 Feb 12, 2012
Loved the house!
money

Richmond, KY

#10 Feb 12, 2012
The money went to the new club house that cost 1.5 million to get the PGM program approved for EKU.
peeps

Richmond, KY

#11 Feb 13, 2012
The food did suck and made my stomach hurt.
Rudy

Richmond, KY

#12 Feb 14, 2012
Can't believe they fired those people without any warning
Hmmmmm

Herndon, VA

#13 Feb 14, 2012
peeps wrote:
The food did suck and made my stomach hurt.
i thought the food was good mostly did the buffet. Maybe you should have made youself such a pig then?
Invisible in Richmond

Lebanon, KY

#14 Feb 15, 2012
Wonder if most of eku even knows this is going on.
peeps

Richmond, KY

#15 Feb 15, 2012
The buffet wasn't bad. I guess I was thinking about menu items and I don't make a pig of myself. It was bad food, but again the buffet wasn't too bad.
peeps

Richmond, KY

#16 Feb 15, 2012
Most of EKU doesn't care about Arlington. They are lucky to have jobs.
wondering

Richmond, KY

#17 Feb 15, 2012
why they let so many people go and now they're advertising for part time help on Craigslist?
well

Richmond, KY

#18 Feb 15, 2012
because Aramark is now handling the club and they will have to reapply if they still want to work there. EKU isn't hiring them.
none

Richmond, KY

#19 Mar 5, 2012
If you thought the food sucked before, wait till you have to eat the crap Aramark food service puts out!

Louisville, KY

#20 Mar 5, 2012
Enjoyed having the house to eat at over the years. Hated to see it close, and the way they treated the employees was a real shame. I will believe the pool opening when I see it. Who is going to administer it? Noone is explaining that one...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How Am I Supposed to Climb The Ladder of Succes... (Nov '14) 2 min NameSame 7,536
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 28 min Smiley 161,096
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 40 min Jennifer Renee 40,869
The Main Topic 45 min translation 2
~*~ Last Post WINS ~*~ (Oct '11) 49 min Doobie Time 5,106
okcupidted 1 hr Richmond Believer 7
NEW GAME*****Last Word + 2**** (Aug '15) 1 hr Doobie Time 373

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages