Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81695 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#95375 Jan 10, 2014
Harry wrote:
The end is near
Is that it?
Anne

Versailles, IN

#95376 Jan 10, 2014
All quiet on the home front tonight!! Today was great with the warmer temps! Tomorrow will be a busy day as we've got some miles to cover. We've been purging the closets and have a car load of assorted miscellaneous junk. But off to the thrift store it goes as one "mans" trash is another's treasure!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95377 Jan 11, 2014
Being up in the barn hay loft with Billie Jean Bobbie Sue and with rain on the metal roof was much fun, but now she has been a Weight Watcha for several years and is now down to a slim Three-O-Five.

And the rain on my metal roof has done nothing more than wake me up at 3:05 A.M. and this coffee is almost as good as Billie Jean Bobbie Sue ever was. LOL.... My how times and priorities change....
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95378 Jan 11, 2014
Wow!!! Loud thunder in January to go along with the heavy rain on my metal roof ... It is unlikely that I will get back to sleep and dream of rolling in the hay with Billie Jean Bobbie Sue. Poor old thing would break the rungs on the ladder these days trying to get into the hay loft and then if she did, she would already be breathing heavy and not be needing my help with the breathing LOL
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#95381 Jan 12, 2014
Well, Wolf..........see,.....it's like this. I had a '65 GTO with a console and 4-speed shift'n lever right in the middle of those buckets seats. Jackie didn't mind at all straddling that console and handling that........ball on the top of the lever.

(speak'n for myself, I'd better find something better to post before Anne gets her gun!.........if it ain't too late.)
Anne

Paris, TN

#95382 Jan 12, 2014
Oh my! Now Mississippi Man! All this guy talk on here...this thread is supposed to be about dying birds..but now its about the birds and the bees?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95383 Jan 12, 2014
Anne wrote:
Oh my! Now Mississippi Man! All this guy talk on here...this thread is supposed to be about dying birds..but now its about the birds and the bees?
Guy talk from days long gone is as nostalgic as quilts, thrift shops, and toilet paper alternatives. LOL

@MM... I had a Corvair with a floor shift and she liked to straddle the shift, but she changed the gears herself. POOH !!! LOL
Anne

Paris, TN

#95384 Jan 12, 2014
Quilts, thrift shops and toilet paper. I must admit there is more to me than that. Lol, but I'm not telling.

Uh, up and about for the day... Have a wonderful Sunday !
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95386 Jan 12, 2014
Anne wrote:
Quilts, thrift shops and toilet paper. I must admit there is more to me than that. Lol, but I'm not telling.
Uh, up and about for the day... Have a wonderful Sunday !
Well there is more to us than "guy" talk, but as you know; we are quite versatile. LOL I had a great Sunday so far at Church. The weather cooperated also, a little cool but nice sunshine. GOD has blessed us richly.
Anne

Versailles, IN

#95387 Jan 12, 2014
Fantastic weekend! Had a little KFC after church then grand kids drove around the fields in the gocart and the other thing. Better half calls it a buggy but the Amish laugh and say that it isn't a buggy. So there you go! We're going watch another oak island curse episode later tonight.
Really silent around here today! Hope that means everyone is enjoying this fine weather. That old poem about spring and young men's thoughts turning to...? Well? That's AW and MM. Lol. Misty? MissE?? Anyone? Lol hope things are good at your house!!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#95389 Jan 12, 2014
Anne wrote:
Fantastic weekend! Had a little KFC after church then grand kids drove around the fields in the gocart and the other thing. Better half calls it a buggy but the Amish laugh and say that it isn't a buggy. So there you go! We're going watch another oak island curse episode later tonight.
Really silent around here today! Hope that means everyone is enjoying this fine weather. That old poem about spring and young men's thoughts turning to...? Well? That's AW and MM. Lol. Misty? MissE?? Anyone? Lol hope things are good at your house!!
Hah, had a fine day with the grandkids and better half as well perhaps;) Made some strawberry scones following Alton Brown's recipe. Man sure can cook in the kitchen. Hehe. Sure sounds like AW and MM has had some interesting times. Lol. I feel kinda neglected around here. Hehe. Have a nice night, Anne. Chilly night, supposed to be fair the next two days.Fair night to All:)
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#95390 Jan 12, 2014
"Ah Hum.!".........well,....s ince I have nothing "respekable" to write about I'd best not write at all. Besides, the Belle and I are off our regular Sat.schedule and went to Walley-World tonight. I'm too mind weary and dilapidated to think properly.(Oh,. big news, she did get some more vanilla Oreos to feed to the neighbor lady's pet coon......the other package just kinda...... disappeared,.........I guess.??????)
Ancient Wolf

East Bernstadt, KY

#95391 Jan 13, 2014
@Anne.. you posted that the approaching spring is a time for young men's thoughts to turn to .......... Well I don't know about MM, but I ain't young and about all I have left is nostalgic memories of hay lofts and gear shifts. I don't plan to bury those just to post about wood stoves, iron skillets and chicken hawks LOL

@MM.. thanks for the reminder. I have 2 packages of the Oreos in the cabinet that I forgot I even had. I see Oreos on my agenda this week but I will need to go to the Dollar Store for more milk..
Big Z

Martin, KY

#95392 Jan 13, 2014
It's just some kind of disease. That they picked up.
Anne

Paris, TN

#95394 Jan 13, 2014
It's a drizzly day here, but at least it is fairly warm.

Misty , you inspire me with all this baking you do. I actually have been buying more groceries and even though most of the stuff is heat and eat I do more baking now. I did make my moms brownie recipe adding some peppermint chips in half the batter and pecans in the other half. Oh, so good !
Ben from Harrodsburg

Richmond, KY

#95395 Jan 13, 2014
D.A.R.P.A.!!!!!!!!!
riproarin'

Mayfield, KY

#95396 Jan 13, 2014
All this talk of old cars. I only had automatics, so she had to do it herself. Just thinking about it makes me want to go to the walmart for Oreo's.
riproarin'

Mayfield, KY

#95397 Jan 13, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@qwerty.. your analysis does not account for the fact that most major insurance companies have gone to include among other factors such as geographical location, driver's age, sex, usage in miles and car values; they now also use Credit Score rating and the person with a poor score will pay a higher rate based on the exact same factors as a person with a better score. The assumption being that the person with the poor score might get in trouble making the payments and "sell" that heap to the company.

For my own use, I have found it best to shop for a decent used car privately (no dealers or buy here-pay here) and pay cash and carry the mandatory liability only insurance and if I wreck it, so be it and if I don't, I am money ahead. Right now, I have a 2006 model with 110,000 miles that I paid $4k for and it is as good as any new vehicle.
You mean you can actually by the level and type of insurance that you want, based on your needs, personal decisions and driving record?
So auto insurance is kinda like health insurance was before Obamacare?
Ancient Wolf

East Bernstadt, KY

#95398 Jan 14, 2014
[QUOTE who="riproarin'"] <quoted text>
You mean you can actually by the level and type of insurance that you want, based on your needs, personal decisions and driving record?
So auto insurance is kinda like health insurance was before Obamacare?[/QUOTE]I am not that familiar with Obamacare but for automobiles your driving record, vehicle type, your age, sex, locale and vehicle useage are the biggest factors in determining premium rates. If your vehicle is older, you may choose to not carry Collision and Comprehensive coverages and purchase only Liability coverages to insure other parties. You may determine the amount of liability coverage you need beyond the mandatory State requirements. Certainly $100k of liability coverage will cost more than $25k. If you are carrying Comprehensive and Collision coverages, you might also want to increase the deductible limits. I personally do not carry those coverages on older vehicles and even on newer ones, I set the deductibles to at least $500 or the amount that I will "eat" before the insurance takes effect. If you are expecting the company to insure every little scrape or fender bender, you will certainly have to pay for it.

Another factor to consider is High Performance vehicles. Some companies will not even cover these type automobiles and you can expect to pay dearly for insurance if you can even get it. For example, the average National life span of a Corvette is about 89 days before it is involved in an accident and certainly a $40k big dually pickup truck will cost more for insurance than a Chevy Malibu. The net result being what do you want and what are you willing to pay for and when shopping for automobile insurance, make sure you are not comparing apples to oranges. Some agents might offer you a cheaper rate when all they have done is decreased the coverage limits or increased the deductibles.
whats

Hyden, KY

#95400 Jan 14, 2014
destroying the auto ind. in the usa is the insurance co..dont need to try and buy a auto if the insurance is so high you cant pay it.the USA need a law where the drivers are self insured .then the auto ind would take of .as well as housing.if people was not robed by the insurance co. they have the money to build with.they to many money laws in America for the citizens to ever get ahead and have anything.all the money is taken by the 1% with their laws..the whole nation needs reformed ..but it never will be until the whole thing collapses.and start all over new again.my opinion..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ex girlfriend trade 19 min thisguy4568 1
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 21 min Jennifer Renee 39,022
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr usa 153,922
Smokey Joes 1 hr Alla 1
Guess Who Is Still Going To Be Getting His Cla... 2 hr Molly 1,090
How Are You Supposed To Be Happy In Life 2 hr You Have Moobs 17
Hastings closing soon! 2 hr Mike 23

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance