Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
78,481 - 78,500 of 81,588 Comments Last updated Wednesday
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I have around $14,000 worth of water damage here. I hope, relief comes soon for us both. My sinks are leaky underneath the cabinets. Boy, oh boy. I am glad your Hubby is unhurt;) It seems like he is from that big, scrumtious breakfast. Hopefully, your vehicle will be repaired and you both have fewer hassles.
Life is good though. Each blessing counts;) Good night and better tomorrow...
Water problems are killer problems. I hate them. But try looking where the leak is, take a pic of it, go to the big box hardware store and ask the informed plumbing dept associate what you need and how to do it. Then give it a shot . I've never done it but if in a bind I would. No in the wall plumbing, just the stuff that is easy to get to .
I'm tires. Drove a lot today.... Later...
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

OhioJeepGirl wrote:
Iron Maiden is a little rough for me anymore. I do love all kinds of music, but country is usually my favorite. You can play it backwards and get your whole life back, lol, an attribute not found with other genres. I have not been listening to music much over he last few years...hmmm, that is going to have to change!
Did Imposter ever mention what is wrong?
He didn't elaborate, but I do believe he has diabetes and heart problems.
OhioJeepGirl

Lenore, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> He didn't elaborate, but I do believe he has diabetes and heart problems.
Well, hopefully the diabetes can be managed, but heart troubles...sheeesh!

Looks like most of the threaders have been resting on this rainy day. Have a wonderful evening, ladies.
OhioJeepGirl

Lenore, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Since I have not seen Big Steve.

LEARNING TO CUSS

A 6 year old and a 4 year old are raking the yard. The 6 year old asks, "You know what? I think it's about time we started learning to cuss". The 4 year old nods his head in approval. The 6 year old continues, "When we go in for breakfast, I'm gonna say something with hell and you say something with ars". The 4 year old agrees with enthusiasm. When the mother walks into the kitchen and asks the 6 year old what he wants for breakfast, he replies, "Aw, hell, Mom, I guess I'll have some Cheerios". WHACK! He flies out of his chair, tumbles across the kitchen floor, gets up, and runs upstairs crying his eyes out, with his mother in hot pursuit, slapping his rear with every step. His mom locks him in his room and shouts, "You can stay there until I let you out!" She then comes back downstairs, looks at the 4 year old and asks with a stern voice, "And what do YOU want for breakfast, young man?" "I don't know", he blubbers, "but you can bet your ars it won't be Cheerios"..

LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

An old man and old woman go to the doctor for a semi-annual exam. The old lady goes in first. After asking several questions the doctor inquires if she has intercourse? She says "Wait I need to go ask Herb".

"Herb, do we have intercourse" ?

"Mabel, I have told you a 1000 times, all we have is MEDICARE".

Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Big Stevie! Big Stevie! Where are you when we need you??? Lol

@OJG & AW---*whisper* " those were downright funny jokes but don't wanna hurt Big Stevie's feelings".
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Whooohoo!! I'm back in the "United States" lol but one of the posts was located in Tennessee!! And to think I never even drove across that ohio river line!!

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
Big Stevie! Big Stevie! Where are you when we need you??? Lol
@OJG & AW---*whisper* " those were downright funny jokes but don't wanna hurt Big Stevie's feelings".
Oh, that's okay, Anne! I'm happy to see others post jokes, too, because it's such a pleasant alternative to some of the more hateful rhetoric, that we find here, a lot of times. Have a wonderful day, my dear, and God bless!

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
An old man and old woman go to the doctor for a semi-annual exam. The old lady goes in first. After asking several questions the doctor inquires if she has intercourse? She says "Wait I need to go ask Herb".
"Herb, do we have intercourse" ?
"Mabel, I have told you a 1000 times, all we have is MEDICARE".
Good one, A.W.!!! Thank you so much for sharing, and have a wonderful day, my friend!!
whitehair

Shelbyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Good jokes are always appreciated!!!
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Wow. Pretty quiet in here today!! Maybe things will liven up here shortly!!
Spent the better part of the afternoon doing some metal detecting around a spot of a home from the 1800's! Well, I held the goody bag and watched.. But it was pretty intriguing! Lots of square nails, pieces of metal from a wood cook stove, a glob of silver, pottery jar pieces, and a bowl part of an old spoon ( pewter ?). I got to keep the spoils since its my kand. We made a "date" to meet again when the Easter flowers are in full bloom so we can do a more accurate positioning of the house. Hmmm, the lady of the house always had flowers around the edge of the house. I do anyway.
Hope everyone is well.
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

OhioJeepGirl wrote:
Iron Maiden is a little rough for me anymore. I do love all kinds of music, but country is usually my favorite. You can play it backwards and get your whole life back, lol, an attribute not found with other genres. I have not been listening to music much over he last few years...hmmm, that is going to have to change!
Did Imposter ever mention what is wrong?
Iron Maiden? Nah, Rage Against The Machine! I'm in great shape physically, considering, still have mental issues though...Lol
I don't have much topix time at all anymore. I haven't seen Sybil around in months, he's probably studying the statistical probabilities of certain disasters or some nonsense.
Its good to see you posting a few bud. Keep on smiling baby, I will.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Iron Maiden? Nah, Rage Against The Machine! I'm in great shape physically, considering, still have mental issues though...Lol
I don't have much topix time at all anymore. I haven't seen Sybil around in months, he's probably studying the statistical probabilities of certain disasters or some nonsense.
Its good to see you posting a few bud. Keep on smiling baby, I will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =qpiFrFig35oXX
Hey stranger!
I've missed you
kim

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Oh
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
Wow. Pretty quiet in here today!! Maybe things will liven up here shortly!!
Spent the better part of the afternoon doing some metal detecting around a spot of a home from the 1800's! Well, I held the goody bag and watched.. But it was pretty intriguing! Lots of square nails, pieces of metal from a wood cook stove, a glob of silver, pottery jar pieces, and a bowl part of an old spoon ( pewter ?). I got to keep the spoils since its my kand. We made a "date" to meet again when the Easter flowers are in full bloom so we can do a more accurate positioning of the house. Hmmm, the lady of the house always had flowers around the edge of the house. I do anyway.
Hope everyone is well.
After moving back to the old homestead, I wondered for a year where my grandparents old house had stood? It was about a 1/2 mile up the country road where we would sneak off to visit. The entire acreage had been bulldozed and turned into pasture land. Long gone was the orchard with the June Apple trees and the rotting apples on the ground with the collection of June bugs that we would tie on a string and run around following where they flew, or chase around at night filling up fruit jars with lightning bugs. The barn was missing where the tobacco was hung, the chicken pen, the hog pen, the old cow shed, the outhouse.... all were missing... nothing except for green pastures and a few cattle.

But then spring came and even the bulldozers could not destroy all of grandmother's daffodils that surrounded the house and now I know precisely where the house once stood. Nor could the bulldozers destroy the mental images I have of Grandpa sitting in the front porch swing whittling on a piece of cedar and smoking his pipe filled with his own home grown tobacco, while grandma sat in a straight back chair on the other side of the door breaking beans, shelling peas, or churning the butter from the old cow that Grandpa had just milked. When I drive by, I slow my vehicle to a crawl and look up the hill once again... and they are still up there.

Thank you daffodils for restoring my nostalgic memories. I sometimes am inclined to take my shoes off and run barefoot around the house once again hoping the cousins will show up to play drop the hanky, hide-n-seek, Red Rover, or any other game long forgotten.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Precious memories, how they linger.......
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
Precious memories, how they linger.......
How they ever flood my soul
In the stillness of the midnight
Precious, sacred scenes unfold.........
Sweet

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
After moving back to the old homestead, I wondered for a year where my grandparents old house had stood? It was about a 1/2 mile up the country road where we would sneak off to visit. The entire acreage had been bulldozed and turned into pasture land. Long gone was the orchard with the June Apple trees and the rotting apples on the ground with the collection of June bugs that we would tie on a string and run around following where they flew, or chase around at night filling up fruit jars with lightning bugs. The barn was missing where the tobacco was hung, the chicken pen, the hog pen, the old cow shed, the outhouse.... all were missing... nothing except for green pastures and a few cattle.
But then spring came and even the bulldozers could not destroy all of grandmother's daffodils that surrounded the house and now I know precisely where the house once stood. Nor could the bulldozers destroy the mental images I have of Grandpa sitting in the front porch swing whittling on a piece of cedar and smoking his pipe filled with his own home grown tobacco, while grandma sat in a straight back chair on the other side of the door breaking beans, shelling peas, or churning the butter from the old cow that Grandpa had just milked. When I drive by, I slow my vehicle to a crawl and look up the hill once again... and they are still up there.
Thank you daffodils for restoring my nostalgic memories. I sometimes am inclined to take my shoes off and run barefoot around the house once again hoping the cousins will show up to play drop the hanky, hide-n-seek, Red Rover, or any other game long forgotten.
oh that is so sweet.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

"Red Rover" was a game played with cousins lining up with 2 opposing teams holding hands about 25 yards apart and making a barricade. A leader of each team would grasp a stick alternating hand holds and playing "one potato,two potato" until there was no more room and the leader with no more room to grasp the stick would be "IT".

The "It" team would then yell "Red Rover, red rover we dare ????? over" and that person would run as hard as they could trying to break the opposing teams hand holds. If they succeeded in breaking the hand hold, they would take one person back to their side with them to join the opposition. If the hold held, then they had to stay where they were captured. Once the opponents were down to just one remainng cousin, that team had lost the game and that one remaining person would have to be "It" for the next round or be in the center of the circle for "drop the hanky" or be the first "seeker" for hide-n-seek, especialy if it was getting close to dusk.

Children were quite inventive back then before television and video games or even electricity to make them operate .
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

We played those games at school. During our family gatherings we didnt have enough cousins to play anything except hide and seek. The older boy cousins would borrow my bb gun and once they shot the cabbages-still in the garden, mind you-full of bb's. Grandma was rather surprised when she cooked one for supper! We did have a great yard for catching lightning bugs--as we called them. Unfortunately my kids and my nephews were so far apart in age that they missed all that comraderie. When my oldest was 15, the second was 10, one nephew was 5 and the other was a newborn :-(
We do have a family reunion every summer but we are so small in number that we invite the outlaws and inlaws.. Lol. Even My cousins ex- daughter inlaw comes and brings her new family! All the kids love swimming in the farm pond and the older adults sit in the shaded yard and watch. Lol The food? Oh yeah!
Headed out today for an over nite visit with friends in the great state of KY. All you in eastern KY be sure to wave at my grand kids as they head that direction to visit the other side of their family! Leaves should be brilliant and at their best during our travels! Have a wonderful day!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min DITCH MITCH 150,089
Looking for a GOOD daycare in Richmond KY (Aug '11) 44 min very interesting 46
Rustic Wedding Venue? (Oct '13) 57 min Eugene Dean 7
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr pusherman_ 130,289
Bradbury MHP 1 hr Jake 6
Word Association (Jul '10) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 18,783
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 16,852
Hookers in Richmond 15 hr Wanna be hooked 11

Search the Richmond Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Richmond Jobs