Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81774 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Anne

United States

#91154 Jul 26, 2013
I got 'em!! I sprayed 3 cans of wasp and hornet spray on the hornets nest. I pulled the car as close to the nest as I possibly could. Rolled the window down--just far enough--and sprayed and sprayed the nest!! Tomorrow I will take a long pole and poke the nest (from the safety of the car) just so I'm sure they are gone.

Lala, my husband always ends up getting shots for his poison ivy/oak also. He really gets gross with running sores etc. Me? I usually get a couple of itchy bumps, but I guess my body chemistry could change any time and I end up in an awful mess like what happened to you.
One thing I generally ask the guys I hire to do some type of outdoor work is if they are allergic to poison ivy. Not one of them get it! They just wade through it like its a flower garden! Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91155 Jul 26, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Me, too. Goodwill is a better boutique with competitive prices. LOL
Goodwill is fine for women and children, but men wear their stuff until it is hardly fit for the rag bag. The last couple times I went there all they had was Barney Fife's suit. LOL
Anne

United States

#91156 Jul 26, 2013
Years ago our washer and dryer was located in the garage. On the floor in front of them was a throw rug that our dog slept on. One day I stepped onto the rug to fill the washer and dozens of fleas jumped onto my ankles! Too late! They quickly took over the upstairs also and we spent mucho dinero fogging the house for fleas. Took a couple of fogging sessions but we finally won!
Anne

United States

#91157 Jul 26, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I love thrift shops!!! SVDP, Goodwill, Salvation Army, New Hope, on and on! The merchandise changes on a daily basis and generally the prices are good! I've found that western Kentucky thrift store prices are lower than Louisville area. AW, the stores I go to have a nice selection of men's clothes. Sorry about that. Btw, my better half won't hardly enter a thrift shop or go to a yard sale, but it was his mother that clued me in on these wonderful places. Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91158 Jul 26, 2013
I think one can build up somewhat of an immunity to poison ivy by being in it more frequently, or at least I have. I had severe cases when I was younger and worked in an office and was just not outside that much. It is quite prevalent around here and does not bother me any more. I am out in it almost daily.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91159 Jul 27, 2013
No one on here posting this morning, so I guess I will just go listen to Foghorn LegHorn's and Rooster Cogburn's duet.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#91160 Jul 27, 2013
Been severely nauseous this morning. I wonder if that has anything to do with not sleeping?

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#91161 Jul 27, 2013
A woman rushed in to see her doctor, looking very worried and all strung out. She said, "Doctor, take a look at me! When I woke up this morning, I looked at myself in the mirror, and saw my hair all wiry and frazzled up, my skin was all wrinkled and pasty, my eyes were bloodshot and bugging out, and I had this corpse-like look on my face! What's wrong with me, Doctor?"

The doctor looks her over for a couple of moments, then calmly says, "Well, lady, I can tell you that there sure as hell ain't nothing wrong with your eyesight!"
what now

United States

#91162 Jul 27, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Been severely nauseous this morning. I wonder if that has anything to do with not sleeping?
You're pregnant, silly! Get well soon! Hope you have a good rest of the day!
Anne

Mitchell, IN

#91163 Jul 27, 2013
what now wrote:
<quoted text>
That was my first thought also. Lol
Seriously though I hope you feel better soon. I hate being nauseous, guess everyone does!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91164 Jul 27, 2013
I refuse to take pain pills, even when I had heart surgery. I can handle the pain better than the resulting nausea.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#91165 Jul 27, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodwill is fine for women and children, but men wear their stuff until it is hardly fit for the rag bag. The last couple times I went there all they had was Barney Fife's suit. LOL
Its not there anymore I bought it to wear to church.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#91166 Jul 27, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
The closest second hand store to me is a Methodist store, its like a gold mine.
A lot of well to do'ers live close to it. I picked up several pairs of dockers shorts not long ago for two bucks seventy five cents a pair. Got a microwave there last year for ten bucks and it still works fine.

Anyone have any ideas about how to keep ants out of a hummingbird feeder?
I have it on a string but the ants just climb down the string and sugar water dive somehow...I guess they dive in through the holes in the bottom IDK.
The thing stays full of drowned ants.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#91167 Jul 27, 2013
Saturday night, no cigarette, no drink....no woman of ...ill repute.....
Zzzzeesh

Hahahaha But there is music. What rock band was known as the first native american rock group?

I bet you'll remember the song if you have a wrinkle or two on you.

Anne

United States

#91168 Jul 27, 2013
My goodness. I do remember that song ! Way back ! I could've already graduated college by the time that song came out..... Heeheehee

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#91169 Jul 27, 2013
what now wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! Oh Immaculate conception!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#91170 Jul 27, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO! Oh Immaculate conception!
If I got pregnant at my age I would cry....
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#91171 Jul 27, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO! Oh Immaculate conception!
I'm pretty sneaky Roaming. LOL It would be ni on impossible to catch you asleep though.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#91172 Jul 27, 2013
Anne wrote:
My goodness. I do remember that song ! Way back ! I could've already graduated college by the time that song came out..... Heeheehee
Its a short ride, this life thing. Gotta make the most of it.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#91173 Jul 27, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
If I got pregnant at my age I would cry....
If I got someone pregnant at my age...I would call the book of world records.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min spaceship 142,341
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 5 min Jennifer Renee 33,787
CJ means (Jun '12) 13 min Wayne Barrett 12
I Am in An Ungodly Amount of Pain. 21 min translation 519
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 47 min cathouse cowboy 21,901
Poor people and religion 1 hr kktwo 27
New Investigation for Jesse 2 hr Terry 295
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages