Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81787 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#89978 Jun 6, 2013
Well Good Day All. Couldn't find any updated ISON news, so I'm goin home. Will check in later to see if that old diaper changing hag wants to go for some cyber offense in a non-verbal "play". Been a long time since she changed Uni Fartheads diapers. I reckon it's been about that long since she has been violated.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#89979 Jun 6, 2013
what the wrote:
<quoted text>imagine the gripes and moans from the soft ,.. spoiled , over paid , man-children of today ,.....
if they had to endure just a small percentage of the demands called for and put fourth on the solders at D DAY back in 1944?

It was the above part I didn't care for. After all. I just kind of figured those with family and friends might take a little more offense to the statement.

I have also made my comparisons of todays soldier to yesteryears. And some folks didn't like it. One thing I feel though, WWII the cause was clearly defined. These days...not so.

Anyway as always nice to read you. I mainly just dropped in today to have a little fun
help

Greenwood, IN

#89980 Jun 6, 2013
Can an Attoney settle car wreck without your consent or your signature??? Please only serious answers please.
Rex

Radcliff, KY

#89981 Jun 6, 2013
help wrote:
Can an Attoney settle car wreck without your consent or your signature??? Please only serious answers please.
That is an excellent question, and frankly, it should require the plaintiffs consent, a lawyer is charged to represent YOU, not make decisions on their own, but rather present the options to you and then follow the choices you make and obtain the best results possible with that choice. As far as I know, you can deny the settlement and change lawyers if you want, it will of course mean the time frame is expanded, but you have that right.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#89983 Jun 6, 2013
The birds seem more active after a little rain. They don't care for the downpours. They sure seem happy;)
@ really, you must be of the Buzzard species....

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#89986 Jun 6, 2013
Hope all you bird threaders had a Lovely day! It was beautiful day!!
Rex

Radcliff, KY

#89987 Jun 6, 2013
Rained here a lot today, but, you're right, was actually a pretty nice day.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#89988 Jun 6, 2013
Matthew 15:18 tells us that what comes out of a personís mouth comes from the heart. If we are in the habit of saying hurtful things or talking to friends or family in harsh tones, maybe we need to look at our own heart.

We canít control another personís actions. Though we may rationalize and say that we were harsh because the other person ďfrustratedĒ us, thatís simply not true. The other person canít MAKE you be rude. You do that yourself.

http://eddiepoole.wordpress.com/2012/06/12/gi...
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#89990 Jun 6, 2013
hubbys last night at work..... wooo hooo! so happy to get him off the third shift schedule, was always really worried about the effects on his health. i know some people who have done it almost their whole working lives but im glad this chapter has come to an end. i was looking through photos from about five years ago of us and could not believe how much grayer hubby hair has become. i don't take inventory on mine very often (denial) but he likes to point them out some times :) the main thing i noticed is the dark circles we both have, mine from allergy and no sleep and his probably from lack of sunlight.

hope everyone had a great day.

the rain drove my aphid problem away for now....any one who knows of anything green i can do to keep them gone? would be much appreciated.

good night topix.
Anne

United States

#89991 Jun 6, 2013
Rex wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have the proportions of that mix? I missed the original post and want to have it for around here. Thanx.
Hempburn posted it awhile back and luckily I held onto it. One gallon vinegar, one cup salt, one tablespoon Dawn dish washing detergent. Mix well. I used a 2 gallon sprayer to apply . Looking at the results 3 days later it seems to have performed better than the roundup I applied to a different patch of weeds. Hmmmmm....
Anne

United States

#89992 Jun 6, 2013
Thanks to all who responded to help me with my stinky car!! I think I've won that battle! The car itself, I left the windows down on hot sunny days-- the trunk pad I removed and using Dawn detergent I scrubbed the affected spot with an old broom-- back and front. I hosed the area and soaped it down several times. Then on hot sunny days I placed it over the porch rail to let the sun work on it! All the while I was doing this our resident mockingbird set atop the roof ridge and kept me company with its encouraging songs! Woohoo!!
Anne

United States

#89993 Jun 6, 2013
betty wrote:
hubbys last night at work..... wooo hooo! so happy to get him off the third shift schedule, was always really worried about the effects on his health. i know some people who have done it almost their whole working lives but im glad this chapter has come to an end. i was looking through photos from about five years ago of us and could not believe how much grayer hubby hair has become. i don't take inventory on mine very often (denial) but he likes to point them out some times :) the main thing i noticed is the dark circles we both have, mine from allergy and no sleep and his probably from lack of sunlight.
hope everyone had a great day.
the rain drove my aphid problem away for now....any one who knows of anything green i can do to keep them gone? would be much appreciated.
good night topix.
Betty- we lived that swing shift many years! Yes, it's hard and we suffered. Not only was our sleep schedule messed up, our holidays were kinda crazy and nobody else really understood our lifestyle. Back at that time there was another mockingbird that sang its little heart out while hubby tried to get some shut eye. Hubby would have liked to wrung its feathered neck. Lol
Rex

Radcliff, KY

#89994 Jun 6, 2013
Glad you got your issues resolved, nice to see a community come together and solve even small problems. Some positive things are coming out of this. Keep em coming.
Rex

Radcliff, KY

#89996 Jun 6, 2013
Anne, I'll let you know in a few days, I have 4 different friends trying this on about 6 different kinds of weeds. I'll let you know what results we get.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#89997 Jun 7, 2013
It makes no sense to me that with all the available negative threads, that some people still insist on coming here and complaining about one positive thread where posters share information and actually try to be nice to each other for the most part.

If their disposition is so sour and negative, why can't they just stay away or wallow in the gutter and filth of the other threads?
Anne

United States

#89999 Jun 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
It makes no sense to me that with all the available negative threads, that some people still insist on coming here and complaining about one positive thread where posters share information and actually try to be nice to each other for the most part.
If their disposition is so sour and negative, why can't they just stay away or wallow in the gutter and filth of the other threads?
Boy, oh boy! I sure understand that ! There was a thread our little group posted on and the only requirement was to be nice to each other.. Filthy accusations and relentless trash destroyed a warm fuzzy group. Cyber vandals.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#90001 Jun 7, 2013
Good morning bird threaders!
Another cloudy but awesome day here.
It's going to be my busy day...wil be gone most of the day! Have a good day all.
Blueminer

United States

#90003 Jun 7, 2013
Well folks I sincerely hope a little obnoxiousness on my part bothered nobody. When I replied back to someone referring to todays soldiers as crybabies I respnded back to a faulty generalization in a manner I felt appropriate(with a little obnoxious fun). The fact that I found no support in my point, per other things I read here, was a little confusing.
Two posts I read actually seemed to support a little obnoxoious fun. Miss E in particular, not the person behind the Miss E handle, If I misunderstood and this post has been for nought, then I simply did what we do here and posted some thoughts.
Blueminer

United States

#90004 Jun 7, 2013
At Wolf...your post to the effect of doing your best work upon being offended, and a later post about sharing your surplus eggs sparked the following reply. I didn't post it because I considered it would be taken out of context

(Well Wolf that must have been a lot of work since hauling a dozen eggs wears your old butt out. Please don't try for two dozen! Wouldn't want to be be accused of ticking you off and causing you to break an arm.)

Naturally the post would have been designed to spark a little easy goin humor from you. I have recently learned, at least in my case, that serious all the time=dull and unhealthy. I am one that can laugh at himself without being down on himself.
sick Puppy- no barking

United States

#90005 Jun 7, 2013
disappearing of the bees, fluoride in the water, all the food is gmo, aspartame in your food, chem trails in the sky, harp waves, electromagnetic pulses, booms in the sky?, dessicated red blood cells found in the rain, top secret underground tunnels and bases, earthquakes and hurricane manipulation, viruses in food, you take your choice
man made h1n1,h2n9, chicken flu outbreak, mad cow disease, ethnic targeted diseases, flu vaccines, gender targeted illness, over use of antibiotics in food- fuk you shima radiation from japan and everything else unheard of. DEATH to the weak and ignorant. sterile world by 2050. Welcome to the New World Order ha ha ha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need to know about David 41 min Running scared 1
Any Divorced, Fat, Ugly Women 38 to 48 Want To ... 56 min Ed H 220
Horoscope, do the stars hold the answers? 1 hr star gazer 13
Cindy Brandenburg 1 hr David 2
East Ridge Apartments *pervert alert* 1 hr Anne 10
gina allen (Jun '10) 4 hr username 11
~*~ Last Post WINS ~*~ (Oct '11) 5 hr Sharlene45 4,953
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages