Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,677

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Anne

United States

#88990 May 3, 2013
Rapidfire wrote:
<quoted text> Haha ! java script and cookies huh , Try coffee and donuts instead ! and if that dont work, then go for milk and cornbread ! LOL
Lol. Ain't cha just too funny!! Lol

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88991 May 3, 2013
Ooo, it's windy out there.
Spamtrooper

London, KY

#88994 May 3, 2013
Bird is the word.
Pooperscooper

London, KY

#88995 May 3, 2013
B B B bird?

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88996 May 3, 2013
Yes, indeed, Bird IS the word!!!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#88997 May 3, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you on the water supply and I am adequately prepared. while I now have county supplied water, my homestead was built with a large cistern in one corner of the basement that I don't normally use but can if I need to. When I lived here as a youth, we had no electricity or running water, so I know how to deal with that. While an extended loss of either would be inconvenient, it is not critical to survival. I have a creek and spring water nearby for cleaning purposes. These are all things I considered when I came back to the country a few years ago. And you are right, country folks can survive better. Hank Jr. even had a song called "A Country Boy Can Survive".
I agree with you, but I still think that a water purifier is essential. We have tons of toxic waste buried God knows where, and if toxins leach into a major aquifer, even the spring water is not safe. I'm not talking about things like the Brita water filters. No, these water purifiers can even filter urine into potable water (not that I'd want to try that). But a good purifier for several hundred dollars is well worth the investment). I'm saving for one now. We have springs on our property, as well as some riverfront on the back. But bodies of water can easily become polluted. Look what happens when there is a major disaster. Cholera is common, especially in undeveloped countries, but we are not immune. Think about it, anyway.

Location hidden

#88998 May 3, 2013
nice tan wrote:
<quoted text>
it's because the mundane topics you talk about gets boring after a while...admit it wolf, this thread was more active when I stirred the pot with the controversial conspiracy topics which you so despise. Why? because there is truth in what I said which made people uncomfortable, especially you as you were experiencing a psychological phenomenon known as "cognitive dissonance".
Hmmm... " cognitive dissonance." I did a research paper on just that topic when I was in grad school. It's an interesting concept and one that traps us all the time. Conspiracy theory is not conspiracy theory if it is true. Much of what you say has validity. I have done my own research for many years. But you would catch more "flies" with honey instead of getting into everyone's face. Even when you're right, do you notice how much you get discounted? I am not trying to be adversarial or to hurt your feelings. It's just not in my nature. I find some of your posts quite enlightening. I'm just trying to offer some constructive criticism. Hope that you don't take offence. Discussing the mundane is not bad either. Balance is the key word.
harry

United States

#88999 May 3, 2013
BIRDS
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#89000 May 4, 2013
harry wrote:
BIRDS
I have one nesting in the top of my porch swing stand just outside my window here at the PC. It sits on the crossbeam every morning around daylight and watches me type. I wonder if it wants me to send a "tweet" ?

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#89001 May 4, 2013
Well, a rainy cold Saturday. Hope you all have a lovely Derby Day!

Location hidden

#89002 May 4, 2013
Good morning, my fine feathered friends. Birds are forming a choir right now, and singing from the heart. I wonder what they are saying to each other. It's a dreary, drizzling morning. What can we say...that's springtime. At least the flowers will benefit from the mist. Will stop in later. Have a good one. Lala
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#89003 May 4, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Good morning, my fine feathered friends. Birds are forming a choir right now, and singing from the heart. I wonder what they are saying to each other. It's a dreary, drizzling morning. What can we say...that's springtime. At least the flowers will benefit from the mist. Will stop in later. Have a good one. Lala
I was out at daylight planting corn and beans and saw no dreary, drizzling until I got finished. Now I don't care if it rains. In fact, I hope it does so my veggies will benefit.

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#89004 May 4, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you, but I still think that a water purifier is essential. We have tons of toxic waste buried God knows where, and if toxins leach into a major aquifer, even the spring water is not safe. I'm not talking about things like the Brita water filters. No, these water purifiers can even filter urine into potable water (not that I'd want to try that). But a good purifier for several hundred dollars is well worth the investment). I'm saving for one now. We have springs on our property, as well as some riverfront on the back. But bodies of water can easily become polluted. Look what happens when there is a major disaster. Cholera is common, especially in undeveloped countries, but we are not immune. Think about it, anyway.
I totally agree with you, Ma'am, and intend to get one for the Old Home Twenty, too! I've always believed that the water was the problem, for much of the whole state of Kentucky, as well as anywhere else who had indulged in coal mining, etc. Surface water can contain a lot of chemical run-off, from crops and even the urine/feces produced by cattle. I did a little historical research of the area in which Big Stevie lives, and for at least 125-130 years before this area began development (mid-1970's), my yard was sprinkled, and fertilized, by the aforementioned cattle. If I were you, I'd go with the water purifier, but make sure that you can get one that will do the job you want. I fear that this type will be much costlier, but well worth it in peace of mind. God bless, my friend, and have a wonderful day!
Deke

Duluth, GA

#89006 May 4, 2013
Yes
-badboy-

Medina, OH

#89007 May 4, 2013
Oglala wrote:
"Hey baby, nice tail".?

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#89008 May 4, 2013
Hello Everyone! I haven't been reading the thread in quite some time. Hope everyone is well. I wonder if all the regs are still here.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#89009 May 4, 2013
ima buy a backwards derby horse and name it high falutin'
Spamtrooper

Busy, KY

#89010 May 4, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Yes, indeed, Bird IS the word!!!
Yes, it is, my fair lady. Bird is the word.
Spamtrooper

Busy, KY

#89012 May 4, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Hello Everyone! I haven't been reading the thread in quite some time. Hope everyone is well. I wonder if all the regs are still here.
I left you a quite...."eloquent" message good sir, but alas someone has left a post-hole in its place. Oh well.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#89013 May 4, 2013
Good evening to all. What a beautiful rainy day here. I hope you all had a great day!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
can you help me bounce my a*** 26 min Big Booty 44
Police car chase in Richmond? 46 min coolio 362
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 46 min wow 131,389
Steve Weaver 2 hr steve 48
Tracey and Anil (Jun '13) 2 hr ZooLand 39
Don't buy Boy Scout popcorn 2 hr leroi 6
Jim Barnes has got to lose 3 hr Voter for King 6
Laura Durham King (May '13) 3 hr Voter for King 111
Missing teen girl in Berea (Jun '13) 9 hr Storm 7,562
Richmond Dating