Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,677

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88661 Apr 19, 2013
Anne wrote:
The weather here is very warm (81), dry and windy. It gives me an uneasy feeling and with the forecast for severe thunderstorms, possible tornados....sigh.
Oh, ladies! Anyone out there a thrift store recreational shopper??? I love 'em!!! While I usually buy, uh, "treasures", today I found my g'daughter several really cute tops for summer! She actually liked my choices and most important, so did her mom! Lol. Some of my treasures?? Antique dishes, photo frames, lamps, some sterling silver...on and on...anyone else ever find wonderful treasures in crazy places?? Lol
I am not a lady, but... I went to the GOODWILL store to see if they had any sheer curtain liners to be used as canvas for my leaf lettuce bed. They didn't, so I had to pay real money for some canvas. I am looking forward to my wilted lettuce salad.. leaf lettuce, chopped green onions, a touch of vinegar, and dripping in hot bacon grease. Hot buttered cornbread and a cold glass of milk.. Yummy!!

I did see some polyester men's leisure suits from the 1970s and recalled UNA telling about purchasing a lime green one. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88662 Apr 19, 2013
Anne wrote:
It has been pretty quiet on here today !!! I totally understand being outside enjoying this weather!!! Beautiful !!! I broke down and bought a small push mower to do trim work around the yard. Maybe I can assemble the mower without help !! Lol also bought a storage box/bench to place on the dock for life jackets and extra seating. Gotta put that together also. Projects projects projects!!
I lived on the lake for many years with my own private boat dock. They are tough to maintain with all the high boat traffic. Our favorite time was at night looking into a starlit heaven with the moon and stars glistening like diamonds on the water being caressed by a soft gentle breeze. It is difficult to disavow a HIGHER POWER in such a serene environment. The magnetic appeal has faded since the wife passed over.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88663 Apr 19, 2013
Good morning all!! It's cold!! Only 45. I did put things out for the birds. I also had to put my heat back on! Brr!
roamingalcoholic

AOL

#88664 Apr 19, 2013
some look at one another short of breath
walking proudly in our winter coats
wearing smells of laboratories
facing a dying nation ,
of moving paper fantasy
roamingalcoholic

AOL

#88665 Apr 19, 2013
listing for the new told lies
with supreme visions of luny tunes

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88666 Apr 19, 2013
That made VERY little sense.
Sounds like a problem.
Anne

United States

#88670 Apr 19, 2013
roamingalcoholic wrote:
listing for the new told lies
with supreme visions of luny tunes
TR?? Is that you thumping around looking for snowmen in the bird kingdom?? No snowmen here... Maybe snowbirds...lol
Anne

United States

#88671 Apr 19, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I lived on the lake for many years with my own private boat dock. They are tough to maintain with all the high boat traffic. Our favorite time was at night looking into a starlit heaven with the moon and stars glistening like diamonds on the water being caressed by a soft gentle breeze. It is difficult to disavow a HIGHER POWER in such a serene environment. The magnetic appeal has faded since the wife passed over.
Sounds wonderful! We have a pond in front of the house and its situated so that the road traffic cannot see it. I love being down there on a starlit night. I love watching the morning sun hit the water and even the (stupid) Canadian geese. I don't mind if the dog chases the geese..lol. I can understand the melancholy feeling it brings when you are sitting there alone under a full summer moon... On a happier note:: I love feeding the fish!!! I pull my chair close to the edge and toss a little feed out and...watch out!!...here they come!!

Yep I'm a Goodwill shopper and a yard saler!! Luv it!! Haven't bought my husband any leisure suits though...Una had to be special...lol.
Anne

United States

#88672 Apr 19, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a lady, but... I went to the GOODWILL store to see if they had any sheer curtain liners to be used as canvas for my leaf lettuce bed. They didn't, so I had to pay real money for some canvas. I am looking forward to my wilted lettuce salad.. leaf lettuce, chopped green onions, a touch of vinegar, and dripping in hot bacon grease. Hot buttered cornbread and a cold glass of milk.. Yummy!!
I did see some polyester men's leisure suits from the 1970s and recalled UNA telling about purchasing a lime green one. LOL
Sounds like a perfect meal!!!
I just left the goodwill and while I didn't shop for a leisure suit for my husband I did find new hinges for the chicken coop door. Lol

Our pond is in the front of our house and is situated so the road traffic cannot see it at all! The morning sun hits it at sunrise and I've taken some great pics . To set on the dock during a full moon and listen to night sounds is wonderful and magical! It would be very melancholy by ones self...on a happier note -- I love feeding the fish !!! I keep a chair at the edge of the dock just for that reason !! As soon as the fish hear my footsteps on the dock they are there waiting for food...but then so are the cats and the dog ...lol

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88673 Apr 19, 2013
Well, it sure is chilly today...well compared to the last couple of days. The birds are happy that I put out more seeds for them...and in addition, I had some old bread crusts that I set out. I think the squirrels liked them too!
scared

Ft Mitchell, KY

#88674 Apr 19, 2013
there is something very scary going on in this world. there have been "strange noises coming from the sky". it has been all over utube if you just type in that. also huge sink holes everywhere. I think its last day prophey. That is just my opinion. There is also another state that for the last two years thoSANDS of birds have beenfalling dead on the intersate. globably every ten min. there are people reporting ufo sightings. Some people think that these so called aliens are demonic in nature. I am confused as to what or why these things are happening perhaps there is a scientific expanation for everything but if not could everything be interconnected?
Anne

United States

#88675 Apr 19, 2013
Whoops. Didnt think the first posted so after a few minutes I tried again. I know. I know. Patience. Patience.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88676 Apr 19, 2013
That's what happens with the Internet. Hurry up and wait!
qwerty

Williamsport, OH

#88677 Apr 19, 2013
Express yourself while the mooning continues through your window and your creativity is high. Those of you who are teachers or need to explain something to someone else will find that it's easier to get your rear end across; you may even discover a real talent for teaching others. Peepers in the neighborhood will find that presentations go extraordinarily well.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#88682 Apr 19, 2013
Hi Peeps.

It appears that they may have gotten the last suspected bomber in Watertown, MA. I'm a little bit sick to my stomach. What a tragedy. Two youth gone bad for some reason, many injured, and the murders.... Oh my dear Lord, the murders of innocent people.

Where is our world heading? I just don't know what to think any more. I'm still trying to deal with the fact that my sister was right there and could have SO easily been a victim of this senseless crime spree.

I guess I'm just going to stay in the woods here forever, only going out for groceries and critter feed. It's so dangerous everywhere. You never know when it's your time to pass over of course, but I don't need to hurry my time clock up any more than it's already been over-wound.

God be with everyone who's been affected by this weeks tragedies in Boston, MA.

God help and be with the people in West, TX.

So many deaths, so few answers...
Anne

United States

#88683 Apr 19, 2013
Thank God. The suspect is in custody. My prayers to the injured and their families and my prayers for the families of those who were murdered.
Peace

Union City, TN

#88684 Apr 19, 2013
My prayers to the victims and to the suspect's mother as well. Mother to mother...Bless her heart! <3

Fruitypants out!

Peace and Love to All! <3
Mom

Chicago, IL

#88685 Apr 19, 2013
Call your senator and tell him.
Peace

Union City, TN

#88686 Apr 19, 2013
The world needs LOVE!....especially right now...Spread it! I love you all! <3 <3 <3

freedom

United States

#88687 Apr 19, 2013
Goodbye

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steve Weaver 4 min hmm 53
Word Association (Jul '10) 18 min Jennifer Renee 19,257
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 20 min Jennifer Renee 17,398
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 22 min Jennifer Renee 28,945
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr The_Box 131,411
Police car chase in Richmond? 1 hr Greg G 377
Missing teen girl in Berea (Jun '13) 1 hr --S-e-r-i-o-u-s-l... 7,569
Laura Durham King (May '13) 10 hr voter 119
Who will be the next Madison County Sheriff in ... (Mar '14) 11 hr Dale R 1,069
Richmond Dating