Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,684)

Showing posts 73,661 - 73,680 of81,186
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dr Fib Lip

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

flipbird wrote:
yea ,....go ahead dont pay ,...and see what happens
or maybe you are one of the approximately 50% of working adults who dont make enough money ,...to need to pay any federal taxes
I paid $50,000 in taxes one year and then paid $12,000 the followng year because of the downturn in the economy and because of that I got audited. I plan on making less money so that I can be included in the 50% who don't make enough money so that I don't have to give away my hard earned money to the government mafia.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Well, Dr. Fib if what you are saying is the truth, have you invested in 401k that might help. I know of someone who saves 15 percent that way. Hehehe.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Old man gout has smashed my big toe with a sledgehammer and woke me up.

I filed and paid income taxes for 47 years, that's long enough. Probably paid close to a half million in those years. I sure could use it now and I don't feel bad at all about being in the percentage that don't now earn enough to pay.

And anyone that claims that Social Security is a government handout, is a liar. I paid dearly for all those years and could have more now had I invested it myself, even at a low percentage rate.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Rapidfire wrote:
<quoted text> there's just three things that you absolutely HAVE to do ; eat , poop , and breathe ! and you can't poop if you don't eat ! and if you eat too much, you can't breathe,...so be carefull !
and if you quit doing any one of those 3 things, then you have to do the 4th thing.... die.
One who cares

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Saw a dead bird at Rite aid on their sidewalk yesterday.... Government getting rid of everything....
One who cares

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

One who cares wrote:
Saw a dead bird at Rite aid on their sidewalk yesterday.... Government getting rid of everything....
In the Whitesburg, Ky. area while visiting...

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Thomas Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
When you don't pay your taxes, you go to JAIL. Regardless of what some old historian said, you go to JAIL. I don't fear anyone, but I'm not stupid either.
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

top of the day all...

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Another Beautiful day! I'm thankful that it's going to be a bit warmer today. That wind will cut you in half some days!~

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Old man gout has smashed my big toe with a sledgehammer and woke me up.
I filed and paid income taxes for 47 years, that's long enough. Probably paid close to a half million in those years. I sure could use it now and I don't feel bad at all about being in the percentage that don't now earn enough to pay.
And anyone that claims that Social Security is a government handout, is a liar. I paid dearly for all those years and could have more now had I invested it myself, even at a low percentage rate.
You are absolutely right. I paid LOTS of money into social security and medicare tax...for 39 years. In addition I paid an extra 13%(I think) for self employment tax. That sure broke my piggy bank. I loved my work and would have gladly continued if I had not become legitimately disabled....and no I don't draw a "crazy check," it's for physical disability.I am certain that what I draw out won't even come close to what I put in for all those years. Had I been able to invest it instead, I would have had much more money to fall back on now.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely right. I paid LOTS of money into social security and medicare tax...for 39 years. In addition I paid an extra 13%(I think) for self employment tax. That sure broke my piggy bank. I loved my work and would have gladly continued if I had not become legitimately disabled....and no I don't draw a "crazy check," it's for physical disability.I am certain that what I draw out won't even come close to what I put in for all those years. Had I been able to invest it instead, I would have had much more money to fall back on now.
I totally agree, except that Self Employment tax is now 15% right off the top even before taking any deductions. Essentially, you are paying the normal 7.5% that you would have paid if working for an employer, plus the 7.5% matching amount that the employer would have paid on your behalf.

What most people do not realize is that not only do they pay into Social Security and Medicare, their employer pays a matching amount. That is why many companies "down-size". For every $10 paid to a worker, the average cost to the company in government payments and benefits is around $14 and that is even before the corporation has to pay corporate taxes.

I worked the last 10 years of my career as a self employed contractor even though I only worked for one company. It benefited the company financially in that they did not have to pay SS and Medicare or health benefits or for Worker's Compensation insurance or into Unemployment benefits. If they did not need me any more, it was just the end and I could not even draw unemployment compensation.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Good morning birdthreaders. Whoa...28 degrees, brrr, that old man winter just don't want to give up. I hope you all had a pleasant night.

Here is some videos to make you smile. They are too cute:

Corgi Puppy's Hilarious Reaction to Seeing Herself in the Mirror

When seeing herself in the mirror for the very first time, this Corgi puppy had QUITE the reaction! Check out what she does, it's entirely too cute. This silly puppy is such a wonderful gift from God.:)

http://www.godvine.com/Corgi-Puppy-s-Hilariou...

Compassionate Dog Feeds Orphaned Lamb With Bottle

This little lamb lost her mommy and became an orphan, but lucky for her, this family dog became her adoptive mother! Feeding her milk and keeping her company, this pooch is just what this lamb needs to survive.

http://www.godvine.com/Dog-Feeds-Orphaned-Lam...

Super Cute Dog Walks Just Like a Human

A special little dog does something SO cute in the middle of a store! The smart puppy taught himself to walk on his hind legs, just like a human! God's animals can do the most amazing things.

http://www.godvine.com/Super-Cute-Dog-Walks-J...

That dog is just too cute. I hope you all have a great day!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

@Oglala... Further, I calculated once that based on what I had paid in versus what I would draw; that I will have to live until age 93 to just break even. I don't think that is going to happen.

My poor wife paid in for many years and never collected anything, except I did collect the measily $255 death benefit to help defray the costs of the $7500 funeral. Lots of help... NOT.
stuck with

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

26,000 debt.
dr spark

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

i just saw a bald eagle soaring in the skys over down town columbia,...
{ not a buzard !}

i'll bet he wont stay long ,...

nothing to see down there ,....

just passing through ,...
betting things up in c ville , i guess
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

AB, cute little videos. Daughter and I loved them all. @ AW and Lala honestly, it angers me to know of Folks lying about medical problems to get a disability check. I don't feel that a person who is afraid to socialize with others should qualify for a free $800 check. They should be forced to integrate into the workplace.Folks who have contributed to being retired or are disabled by an honest reason should be compensated more. The honest Folks often suffer while the dishonest ones get their money for free. Most often children stand by their freeloading family. Well, the two of you have worked and have integrity that means more than anything;) I know, you all seem happier than someone I know who often complains about that check. Mental problems does not mean a person cannot work...and to get a raise then complain about it when you've never contributed to a steady income in the first place. Thanks to the Creator for small blessings. They brightn my days;) As I know good Folks like you appreciate instead of complain. I don't like misery myself. I avoid it like the bramble bushes.Sun is out. Daughter says she's never heard so much twitterpating. Hehehe.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

A local funeral home charges around $2300 for a cremation. I was told by the proprietor several years ago that if the fee was paid up front then if you were to pass 10 years or so down the road, no extra charges would be added. This is a facility that has a crematorium. I discovered years ago that if one has financial difficulties and don't want to cause financial stress to family, this is the cheaper route to go. Fine day to All.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

What I mean by free check? I mean this, a person who knows the are getting something they never contributed to versus hardworking, retired and genuinely disabled Folks. Good, morally upstanding Folks. That do not lie to their psychiatrist who is there to help them. Then laugh when they, the patient, pulls the wool over the physicians eyes. I told a person once: How do suppose you'll get treated if you aren't honest with the Doctor? Total silence.Off here for now. Blessings to OJG and her Dad. May his health improve soon.
you can work

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

S.S.-fraud
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

For years paid into SS. Finally found out to work on my own,purchase and paid into an annuity,now retired with twice what SS would pay.SS is not the best way,based on where you could be.Not only that,the gov`t reaches in and spends the SS trust fund.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 73,661 - 73,680 of81,186
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

102 Users are viewing the Richmond Forum right now

Search the Richmond Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Commietator 138,418
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min Yiago 122,593
Loyd Rhodus 15 min Mceddie 12
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 21 min Goose Man 16,059
Missing teen girl in Berea (Jun '13) 21 min Mystery 6,740
Richmond Fishin Spots (May '12) 22 min preacher man 14
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 52 min Big Stevie 15,022
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 2 hr Jennifer Renee 26,746
•••
•••
•••
•••

Richmond Jobs

•••
•••
•••