Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,737

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#84511 Jan 30, 2013
Inside job you should know all about that kind of work. You shouldn’t be using your pet that way. Talk for yourself.
HilLogic

London, KY

#84516 Jan 30, 2013
I just saw some video from Adairsville, GA; looks like those folks down there didn't weather the storm so well; a lot of wind damage.

WKG, your omelet sounds wonderful, and I'm sure it was! And speaking of food, reminded me of a funny email I received. I'll share it.
1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
3.. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans..
5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
6. The French eat lots of rich food and drink tons of wine and have fewer heart attacks than Americans.
Conclusion:
Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

And to add my own note: I think stress is one of the biggest killers and laughter helps us live longer - and happier! So, my advise is to laugh more and stress less!
dagon

Williamsburg, KY

#84518 Jan 30, 2013
HilLogic wrote:
I just saw some video from Adairsville, GA; looks like those folks down there didn't weather the storm so well; a lot of wind damage.
WKG, your omelet sounds wonderful, and I'm sure it was! And speaking of food, reminded me of a funny email I received. I'll share it.
1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
3.. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans..
5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
6. The French eat lots of rich food and drink tons of wine and have fewer heart attacks than Americans.
Conclusion:
And to add my own note: I think stress is one of the biggest killers and laughter helps us live longer - and happier! So, my advise is to laugh more and stress less!
stress is the number 1 cause of dis-"ease".
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84519 Jan 30, 2013
betty wrote:
<quoted text>
mine tend to leave them beheaded on my welcome mat. no wonder the Egyptians worshiped them...... you can cross a dog and five minutes later all they want is a petting and to lay at your feet. you cross a cat and your house gets ransacked, your shoes get peed in, and you wake up with unexplained scratch marks. i have never met a cat that didn't have some sort of personality disorder either. maybe the egyptians walked funny because they strolled with their backs pressed against the walls so they could see the furry little schizos coming.
Hello Betty, welcome back! Please give the group an email and let us know how you and hubby are doing? I missed your humor here. You are so right about those cats. I had one that use to bring it's kills to the door like an offering, although fully intact. She would crack me up, open the door, mouse, bird or baby rabbit on mat, she would look at me like "hey, I was busy last night, here you go, now let me in to eat tender vittles. hahah I miss that cat. Had her 8 years. She was funny. Love the Egyptian comment. Too funny. Have a great day and come back more often. OJG should be back soon. Great seeing "betty" on the list of posters.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84520 Jan 30, 2013
HilLogic wrote:
Conclusion:
I seen that too. Makes you wonder huh? I guess Americans are just too uptight. hahaa You are right, laughter helps, and all one has to do is read topix to get some. I have a pretty witty family and friends are too. They make me laugh so hard sometimes my stomach aches like I have been swinging on the uneven parallel bars. haha I find that being retired has lowered my stress more than anything. No pressure.

Have a great day.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#84522 Jan 30, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Betty, welcome back! Please give the group an email and let us know how you and hubby are doing? I missed your humor here. You are so right about those cats. I had one that use to bring it's kills to the door like an offering, although fully intact. She would crack me up, open the door, mouse, bird or baby rabbit on mat, she would look at me like "hey, I was busy last night, here you go, now let me in to eat tender vittles. hahah I miss that cat. Had her 8 years. She was funny. Love the Egyptian comment. Too funny. Have a great day and come back more often. OJG should be back soon. Great seeing "betty" on the list of posters.
AB, is that the origional bulls balls Betty? Cool if it is, running over those chrome bull balls and ruining the tire rim, LOL. She is so cool.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84527 Jan 30, 2013
Out of here to pay bills and get stamps at the PO. I hope you all have a great day and don't have much of a clean up from the storms.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#84528 Jan 30, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
AB, is that the origional bulls balls Betty? Cool if it is, running over those chrome bull balls and ruining the tire rim, LOL. She is so cool.
I am not AB, but I am pretty sure it is based on location and what she posted about the power being out at work etc. She is cool, and has a great sense of humor and this thread can use all the humor it can get. People are just too uptight about things that don't matter all that much.

AB is certainly right about retiring removing the stress. I don't have nearly the material things that I once had, but I don't have the stress that goes with it either and I already had the heart attack which is why I am adamant about my exercise and Peaceful life-style.

Oh silly Benny Hill was free and on you tube. I knew one of his routines including music from Boots Randolph's Yakkety sax, and sure enough I found it.
WKG

Chicago, IL

#84530 Jan 30, 2013
Bored? Check out the tallest hotal in the world - the 7 star Burj Al-Arab in Dubai, United Arab Emmerites. And we wonder why gas prices are so high.

The outside water fountain:
&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

The Jumping Fountain inside the hotel: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Helicopter landing on the hotel: http://www.youtube.com/watch... (I like the other scenery in this one! lol)

A closer look at the helipad with some tennis pros: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Inside a hotel room: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Inside the hotel: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Nightime view from another hotel: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

***More inside hotel: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

At night: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#84531 Jan 30, 2013
Hi, AW. Glad your hens made it through the storm. I had to chase Stein outside to find the tree. He does NOT like to get his tush wet. You are right about having a sense of humor. People do get uptight over the silliest of things, and none of it really matters. I need to get more exercise. I put the weight back on that I lost this spring. That's not so bad, but I don't want to gain any more. I'll pop in from time to time to see what is bandied about.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#84532 Jan 30, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not AB, but I am pretty sure it is based on location and what she posted about the power being out at work etc. She is cool, and has a great sense of humor and this thread can use all the humor it can get. People are just too uptight about things that don't matter all that much.
AB is certainly right about retiring removing the stress. I don't have nearly the material things that I once had, but I don't have the stress that goes with it either and I already had the heart attack which is why I am adamant about my exercise and Peaceful life-style.
Oh silly Benny Hill was free and on you tube. I knew one of his routines including music from Boots Randolph's Yakkety sax, and sure enough I found it.
You got that right, AW. I thought that was the same Betty. Lol. Hilarious and a good sport about everything. The first thing I remembered about her was her hitting those chrome bull balls laying in the street, running upon a curb, bursting a tire and warping an aluminum rim on her car. I know some including mself refered to her as bull balls Betty for a while. She's a nice person. That Benny Hill is a nut. LOL. Funny stuff though.

Location hidden

#84533 Jan 30, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just a mute stalker/troll, "Mixer". We don't even pay attention to them any more. It's obvious who was doing it a long time ago anyway. When they DON'T show up, it's an oddity, LOL! But the pieces started to fall together eventually and was easy to see who it probably is.
It ain't nuthin' but a thang, baby..
:)
Don't be chased off by it! Those little dim bulbs and frowning faces don't amount to a hill of beans anyway. We really do have some funny talks in here sometimes, hehe! Stick around and join us!! The more, the merrier!!
What is a "mixer?"
inkerfan

AOL

#84535 Jan 30, 2013
eventually , the oil on the Arab peninsula will dry up ,...

and that big fancy hospital will be abandoned and retaken by the desert ,...
the sheiks will be back to riding camels and killing the other tribes over putrid brackish wells

Location hidden

#84537 Jan 30, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Good morning Lala, where ever you are.
I'm baaaack. Time to take the afternoon nap. Will pop in later.
WKG

Chicago, IL

#84538 Jan 30, 2013
HilLogic wrote:
Conclusion:
HA! Funny! They just might have a point. lol

Oh yeah, for some reason that omlete was really good. I had my doubts about how good it would be on the beginning. Never had turkey in an omlete! lol I threw in a big ol' handful of jalapenos, wish they were a little warmer though. Everybody was talking about meatloaf yesterday so they have me making one today (out of deer meat). And a strawberry cheesecake!

Here's an easy cheesecake recipe:
2-8 oz pkgs cream cheese
1 c sugar
2 eggs
2 cans cherry pie filling (or whatever flavor you like)

Crust:
1 c chopped walnuts
1 1/4 c flour
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c butter
1/2 c coconut

Mix up the crust and press into a 9X13 pan and bake on 350 for 15 minutes. Mix cake mixture until smooth and creammy, spread over crust and bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Cool then spread pie filling on top.

So good but a diet buster! LOL
WKG

Chicago, IL

#84539 Jan 30, 2013
dagon wrote:
<quoted text>
stress is the number 1 cause of dis-"ease".
I really do believe you are right.
WKG

Chicago, IL

#84540 Jan 30, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm baaaack. Time to take the afternoon nap. Will pop in later.
I'm glad you and hubby are back safely!:)
WKG

Chicago, IL

#84541 Jan 30, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a "mixer?"
That was a poster on this morning.
WKG

Chicago, IL

#84542 Jan 30, 2013
inkerfan wrote:
eventually , the oil on the Arab peninsula will dry up ,...
and that big fancy hospital will be abandoned and retaken by the desert ,...
the sheiks will be back to riding camels and killing the other tribes over putrid brackish wells
Yep, in the end it will all be rubble. But, if those hotels over there are that nice AND the bible says that God has created things for us in heaven that we can't even imagine...hmmm.:)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#84543 Jan 30, 2013
Out of here to go get ready for a birthday supper. You folks have a good evening and watch the stress... it just is not worth it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deadbeat David 7 min Sad girl 1
Deadbeat Moms 41 min Frank 4
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 54 min Naughty SIL 132,257
Josh Sizemore (Mar '10) 1 hr Johnson 39
Review: Window And Door Factory Outlet (Aug '13) 1 hr well 8
britley diaz 1 hr britley wagers 123
Eve Fritz from Waco (Jul '13) 1 hr Johnson 3
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 2 hr Jennifer Renee 30,249
Missing teen girl in Berea (Jun '13) 9 hr Shelia 7,637
Richmond Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Richmond People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Richmond News, Events & Info