Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,492)

Showing posts 69,821 - 69,840 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Whatever that balm was, it stunk to the high heavens too.. I could hardly wash it off of me, nor get the stink of it out of my nostrils. My hands would tingle for about an hour afterward. Made it hard as heck to smoke a cigarette, I'll tell ya that much, LOL! And God help you if you forgot and scratched your nose after a fly buzzed you.

This was back in the mid 70's down in Florida. So what that muscle balm stuff truly was, God only knows.

My memory isn't what is used to be, but I'm wanting to say that the track was called the "Ben White Raceway" maybe??

Geez, my brain these days.. I swear.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Well, another busy day here I see. Anyone having fun yet?
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

I see the original Batmobile driven in the iconic television series sold for a tiny $4.2 million dollars at auction, Holy high bid, Batman.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Open wrote:
<quoted text>
there are also many natural herbal supplements and home remedies you should try before going to pharmaceuticals and insulin, like cinnamon, fish oil, aloe vera, vanadium, chromium, gynema to name just a few.
I've got it pretty well under control now, but thanks. I watch what I eat and like a lot of vegetables as opposed to meats and such anyway. I don't use much sugar or salt at all either. I'd say what little bit of sugar I get comes from what's already in something when I get lazy and eat a prepackaged thing of some sort. The salt too.

If you all haven't yet, you should really start reading what's on the labels of some of these foods that are 'supposed' to be good for us. The sodium levels are sky high in almost everything out there.. Not to mention the preservatives..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
It was a good day here, Roaming. Very relaxing. Sorry yours was hectic.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Wow, Hemp! A measly 4.2 mill? What I couldn't put THAT to use for, HAHA!!

A dog shelter and some additional property for rescues would be first on my list. And some employees to help me out of course..
:)

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
No need to scatter folks. I'm not carrying the Bubonic plague. I had my flea dip today.
Still here. Your just a big teddy...

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Hello Roaming. I had a fun day by not being here.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

unspoken heart wrote:
<quoted text> Still here. Your just a big teddy...
LOL. Yep, a fairly big Teddy except for my boney butt.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Gonna go for now.

An interesting show is on PBS/KET2. It's called "Abolitionists: American Exp", if anyone else wants to watch it. It's about slavery.

I'm going take leave from here for a while so I can pay attention...

Later folks!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Humpaburn, I think there is a little Japanese man looking for you. He didn't seem happy at all.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtian. Now child, click your heels together and say theres no place like the bird thread several times, with eyes closed and hopefully you you will wake up in a sane place.
icons

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening Sybil.
I wonder why you get the nasty icons for saying good evening to me. It's either they don't like you or me, which one of us is it?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

There's those lips wanting to kiss my butt again.
Open

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got it pretty well under control now, but thanks. I watch what I eat and like a lot of vegetables as opposed to meats and such anyway. I don't use much sugar or salt at all either. I'd say what little bit of sugar I get comes from what's already in something when I get lazy and eat a prepackaged thing of some sort. The salt too.
If you all haven't yet, you should really start reading what's on the labels of some of these foods that are 'supposed' to be good for us. The sodium levels are sky high in almost everything out there.. Not to mention the preservatives..
don't forget about the trans fats and hydrogenated oils, stay away from that stuff too. But make sure you are getting enough of the good stuff, the essential fatty acids like fish oil, and the essential amino acids from good protein sources. Your diet may be lacking in these if you're eating mostly vegetables.
icons

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
and the angry face that smelled it and the flame that will light your farts.
icons

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

someone out there is really not liking this thread for some reason

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Big kiss goodnight from nanny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Open wrote:
<quoted text>
don't forget about the trans fats and hydrogenated oils, stay away from that stuff too. But make sure you are getting enough of the good stuff, the essential fatty acids like fish oil, and the essential amino acids from good protein sources. Your diet may be lacking in these if you're eating mostly vegetables.
I use a lot of extra virgin olive oil here. Love the flavor that it adds to my broiled veggies. And I usually always have salmon or Tilapia in the freezer too. I also love Jasmati Rice and Couscous too. Those are my two main starches when I'm craving it. Of course I slip up and get lazy sometimes, opting for something not quite so healthy, but I do my best to stay on track.

I don't know if you've ever tried this or not, but last night I was 'going to have' broiled brussel sprouts.
(I'll explain the 'going to' part later, hehe).

Get the fresh brussels, not frozen, and clean them by removing the nub and outside leaves if any of them look wilted or brown. Then cut them in half and drizzle them with olive oil. Then put them under the broiler, cut side up, until they just start brown really nicely. They're SO delicious!

(Here's the 'I was going to have part'. Unfortunately, I got distracted on HERE last evening and burned mine to a crisp. The chickens even turned their noses up at them).
:(

I like to put a light sprinkle of sea salt and aged balsamic vinegar on them sometimes when they're ready to eat. YUMMY.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Roaming. I had a fun day by not being here.
I must be coming down with a dreaded virus, soon to become pandemic and kill of 90% of the world...Or maybe a government mind control black ops program affected my brain. Or maybe its the poisonous gas coming from the Louisiana sinkhole drifting into south central Kentucky. How else can I explain my thoughts??? I really missed your posts<, Una, and I look forward to reading them (when they are relatively clean). And I even notice when you're not here...LOL. I must be going senile. LOL Hope nobody takes me seriously or the men in white coats will come and take me away!!! I've been up late doing research online. Talk to you and the rest of the bunch tomorrow, Lord willing

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 69,821 - 69,840 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

84 Users are viewing the Richmond Forum right now

Search the Richmond Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 48 min Cornelius Scudmister 144,922
Who will be the next Madison County Sheriff in ... 1 hr Heather 699
Name that Lyric 1 hr Guess This 4
Word Association (Jul '10) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 18,419
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 16,477
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr SNYB 127,992
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 3 hr Jennifer Renee 27,978
•••
•••
•••
Richmond Dating

more search filters

less search filters