Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,641

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
red suitcase

Hobart, IN

#82802 Jan 19, 2013
Sagittarius

It's a day marked with changes in many fields; confidently greet what comes along and fully play the game. You may find shattering love at first sight, regardless of your age or your disillusionment concerning love. Use your moments of rest and leisure well; don't spend them drinking alcohol or watching television. You've done your best to make harmony reign over your home, but you've not quite succeeded in your efforts. Your partner might annoy you like a small insect, but at night you will succumb to the love bug!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82803 Jan 19, 2013
unspoken heart wrote:
<quoted text> that is what we called it as well. when i was little , for days i was scared to go on the screened in back porch , due to those hog heads laying around..
I grew up having to help with the hog and chicken processes, so that was fairly common except our back porch was not screened. We had no electricity, so the only meats were wild game, cured hogs and fresh chickens. My Mom even canned or pickled some of the pork. There was always a big gallon jar of pickled pig's feet and pickled eggs and some saltine crackers or left over biscuits.
qwerty

Carrollton, OH

#82804 Jan 19, 2013
Filled with many new beans, you have an urge to fart more, gather information and learn new things. You need to explode as you busy yourself with projects, meetings, errands and short trips. Buying a computer, new car, or communications equipment, or upgrading your present toilet may well be on the agenda. Activities with siblings and neighbors increase; you may find yourself assuming leadership in community topix. Be more ass ertive in self-expression, but don't think your own ideas and farts are the only ones worth listening to.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#82805 Jan 19, 2013
Good morning you sexy beast coffee cup, lay some of your sweet ebony taste on me.

Ok, looks like all is well in birdville, have a good one people.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#82806 Jan 19, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>The younger women are full of drama and responsibilities and the only asset some older women have is the one "setting" on the couch watching Dr. Phil or Oprah. LOL
I'll give you a big ol'heck yeah on that one. Oprah and Doc Phil are two of the most egotistical big heads on t.v. Can't stand either one of them. Nor can I sit here and watch any of these reality shows. For God sakes, "Honey Boo Boo? REALLY???? And I could care less who is the next idol or who in the USA is the most pitifully lonely Bachelor or Bachelorette.. Plus the fact that I'm reasonably sure that if I ever got stranded on a deserted island, I'd more than likely be a "Survivor", ROFLMBO!! A skinny one no doubt, but I'd make it. HAHA!
<<wink wink>>

I even seem to miss the local news more often than not now. Can't even say when the last time was that I turned on the t.v. in my master bedroom. I'm assuming it still works. I remember unplugging it sometime last summer to shampoo the carpet in there but don't remember fumbling around to plug it all back in. It's on cable, but there's no box back there for extended channels.

I scrolled through and found "The Rifleman" on AMC a little bit ago. After that, "The Alamo" is on. I can watch John Wayne any day of the week, hehe. Used to watch The Rifleman with my beloved Dad when I was a kid along with "Combat", "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", "McHales Navy", "Bonanza", etc. So many good shows back then that we used to watch together that I've can't recall them all this morning. I'm only on cup one of Dollar General Java.... Good memories though.

#82807 Jan 19, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
Good morning you sexy beast coffee cup, lay some of your sweet ebony taste on me.
WHERE IN THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN, MISTER??

We were about to call out the mounted police on your butt.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#82808 Jan 19, 2013
qwerty wrote:
Filled with many new beans, you have an urge to fart more, gather information and learn new things. You need to explode as you busy yourself with projects, meetings, errands and short trips. Buying a computer, new car, or communications equipment, or upgrading your present toilet may well be on the agenda. Activities with siblings and neighbors increase; you may find yourself assuming leadership in community topix. Be more ass ertive in self-expression, but don't think your own ideas and farts are the only ones worth listening to.
Outstanding qwerty, you are truly gifted. Your readings are right on everytime. Your readings are far superior to this other person on this page. It seems that when I am down and out qwerty is always there with a reading encouraging my toosh to fart on. Bless you qwerty.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82809 Jan 19, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha It is not so much that some men can't handle some mouthy female, it is that they just don't need to when they too are self sufficient and the mouthy is more of a liability than an asset. The younger women are full of drama and responsibilities and the only asset some older women have is the one "setting" on the couch watching Dr. Phil or Oprah. LOL
I am not rushing out to increase my weaponry or ammo, I have plenty and have had for many years way before it became a crisis or a fad. I don't have to worry about small children being around or locked up in a gun cabinet, so they are all loaded and ready. What good is an empty chamber with the ammo tucked away in some drawer with the batteries to the remote controls and smoke detectors, curtain rod hangers, paper clips, nails, screws, and a plastic spoon you used to dipped up last years chili? LOL I don't have a concealed weapon permit, that is just a recorded document that you even have one. I would prefer to be judged by one man than to be carried away by 6.
Exactly AW. It isn't the point of handling or not handling mouthy women. The point is, you and I don't have to.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#82810 Jan 19, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
WHERE IN THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN, MISTER??
We were about to call out the mounted police on your butt.
The mounties are good but they would of had a long ride to find me in japan, lol, but it's darn good to be back home. Nice to see you still here too nope.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#82811 Jan 19, 2013
Good morning bird threaders. I am so happy to see Hempburn is alive and well and back with us. We missed you.

#82812 Jan 19, 2013
Well, it's certainly good to hear from you! And I'm glad you're back too! Everyone will be! We wondered if your PC took a dumb or if you had gotten ill. So how was your trip to Japan?

#82813 Jan 19, 2013
*Took a DUMP on you.

I gotta try harder to wake up here..........

#82814 Jan 19, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Good morning bird threaders. I am so happy to see Hempburn is alive and well and back with us. We missed you.
G'mornin AB. Hope you slept well. Coffee is mighty tasty today!! Want a shot of "Heath Bar" International Creamer in yours?

I just found it at the grocery store last week and thought I'd give it a try. Not too bad, but one and I'll be done. It's a bit much...
Wonder if this stuff freezes well... Hmmmmm.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82815 Jan 19, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I scrolled through and found "The Rifleman" on AMC a little bit ago. After that, "The Alamo" is on. I can watch John Wayne any day of the week, hehe. Used to watch The Rifleman with my beloved Dad when I was a kid along with "Combat", "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", "McHales Navy", "Bonanza", etc. So many good shows back then that we used to watch together that I've can't recall them all this morning. I'm only on cup one of Dollar General Java.... Good memories though.
I agree. I don't care for "American's Idle" or "Dancing with the Idiots". I saw 3 minutes of Honey Boo Boo and that was enough. I get Gunsmoke and Bonanza on a daily basis on TV Land. On Saturdays on INSP; I get Big Valley, High Chapparel, and The Virginian. My favorite Eastwood movie is "The Outlaw Josie Wales" and I am a glutton for "Dances with Wolves" lol

Last night, I was watching the History Channel's synopsis on Presidents. It gave a 30 minute segment on each of the 20th century's Presidents and said that Woodrow Wilson, Franklin Roosevelt, and George W. Bush all used wars abroad to stifle individual freedoms at home and that people would give up freedoms for security. They gave the highest honors to Calvin Coolidge and Lyndon Johnson saying his overbearing personality accomplished more for the Civil Rights movements than what would have been if JFK survived, but then we would never know about that. It did say that Johnson even being from Texas, pushed through that equality included all Americans and he could not have done it without being so overbearing. It said he was an "up in the face" person with Congress and came out of some meetings covered in blood, sweat, and tears.

Off to do chores, may everyone have a good day.

#82816 Jan 19, 2013
I don't get that TvLand channel. Wish I did. I so love the old shows. The ones these days aren't worth the electric it wastes to run the t.v.

I have a few household chores to do myself. Be back later.

And again, welcome back Hemp!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82817 Jan 19, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly AW. It isn't the point of handling or not handling mouthy women. The point is, you and I don't have to.
To clarify before I go, I do like some older women. I just dont need or want the mouthy ones. Good conversation is always a plus, but "bossy" is easily avoided. LOL
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#82818 Jan 19, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
G'mornin AB. Hope you slept well. Coffee is mighty tasty today!! Want a shot of "Heath Bar" International Creamer in yours?
I just found it at the grocery store last week and thought I'd give it a try. Not too bad, but one and I'll be done. It's a bit much...
Wonder if this stuff freezes well... Hmmmmm.
Good morning Nope, I know a lot of my friends and sisters think I am crazy but I always pass on those flavored creamers. I just like my coffee to taste like coffee. The one I did try once was Hazel Nut. It wasn't too bad, but I really just like my Maxwell House plain. hahah Thanks anyway!:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#82820 Jan 19, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
To clarify before I go, I do like some older women. I just dont need or want the mouthy ones. Good conversation is always a plus, but "bossy" is easily avoided. LOL
Maybe mouthy wasn't exactly what I meant. Opinionated maybe would have been better. I had one who was looking for a mousey, quiet one I guess with no opinion of their own. I have never been bossy except to my son when he was younger maybe. lol

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#82821 Jan 19, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
There you are!!!!Missed you and worried about what happened to you. Glad you checked in. Your fellow coffee lover, Lala

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82822 Jan 19, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
The mounties are good but they would of had a long ride to find me in japan, lol, but it's darn good to be back home. Nice to see you still here too nope.
Humpaburn!!! You're alive and well. I was worried fartless about you, well almost fartless. AB and I have missed your daily reports. Fill us in on your adventures when the wife gives you a break and a puppy report please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 17 min Bill 26,280
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 18 min Samson 5,439
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 18 min Obama Zombies 153,970
Missing teen girl in Berea (Jun '13) 24 min barney 7,428
doug thomas has got to go 27 min meth drawers 64
Word Association (Jul '10) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 19,091
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 17,205
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 2 hr Jennifer Renee 28,712
Police car chase in Richmond? Sat wow 157
•••
•••
•••

Richmond Jobs

•••
•••