Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81703 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#72250 Oct 14, 2012
'Fearless Felix' Baumgartner's jump was successful! That had to be rush, speeding towards the earth at over 700mph wearing a space suit. I'm interested in seeing what it was like when he broke the sound barrier, like if there were sound waves and if the boom was loud at the point of generation.. and what of the pod he was in,, that thing has to fall to earth somewhere,, heads up.

Have a nice day,,,,, trolls, not so much.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#72252 Oct 14, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
'Fearless Felix' Baumgartner's jump was successful! That had to be rush, speeding towards the earth at over 700mph wearing a space suit. I'm interested in seeing what it was like when he broke the sound barrier, like if there were sound waves and if the boom was loud at the point of generation.. and what of the pod he was in,, that thing has to fall to earth somewhere,, heads up.
Have a nice day,,,,, trolls, not so much.
Whoa. I'd completely forgotten about that jump!! Was it televised or recorded anywhere that we can view it today? I was so interested to see how that ended up and if he actually heard the 'boom' or felt anything when he broke the sound barrier..

Can you IMAGINE?? I don't think a million dollars, cash and tax free mine you, could entice me to do that... Nuht uh, so siree bub... I'm too fond of living and breathing.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#72253 Oct 14, 2012
I have a dead bird on the roof of my house and it's demise is not a mystery since I saw it happening. The high winds drove it into my chimney and it knocked itself out when it splattered against the brick work. Poor bird.

Location hidden

#72254 Oct 14, 2012
Ooops, *mind you.
DontCare

Frankfort, KY

#72256 Oct 14, 2012
Kudos to the moderators, great job!
hum

Blountville, TN

#72258 Oct 14, 2012
prob H.A.R.P
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#72259 Oct 14, 2012
Ok, looks like red bull is killing all the video links to fearless felix's vids,, I've been to several dead ends including you tube who was supposed to do live feed. I will post a link if I find a viable one.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#72263 Oct 14, 2012
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2012/1...

live interview in progress and the vid is on the link too near the bottom of the page.

Location hidden

#72264 Oct 14, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
Ok, looks like red bull is killing all the video links to fearless felix's vids,, I've been to several dead ends including you tube who was supposed to do live feed. I will post a link if I find a viable one.
Thanks! I'd really like to see some footage of it. I'll go try to find something to. We can post each others finds, if that's ok with you!!
_-_Nope_-_,
Momentarily:
*Poof*
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#72265 Oct 14, 2012
You can bet the red bull marketing team is all up on this event. Heck I may even buy a red bull and drink one for ol fearless felix.

A red bull to ya..... trolls, just the bull part
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#72266 Oct 14, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks! I'd really like to see some footage of it. I'll go try to find something to. We can post each others finds, if that's ok with you!!
_-_Nope_-_,
Momentarily:
*Poof*
That link worked good for me. I'd threw up all over that sixty thousand dollar helmet when he began to slow down to 640mph,, lol.

Location hidden

#72271 Oct 14, 2012
That was outstanding! Thanks for the link! I watched being afraid he'd pass out before he landed. Of course I'm sure the chute had an auto release, but still. Man, what courage...
(Or stupidity, one of the two, lol).
I think I'll just stick with my Harley, thank you very much! ROFLMBO!!

Thanks for sharing, Hemp!!
:)

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#72275 Oct 14, 2012
Still no rain. Hmm, what happened??
DontCare

Frankfort, KY

#72277 Oct 14, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Still no rain. Hmm, what happened??
It's about ready to rain here.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#72278 Oct 14, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I have a dead bird on the roof of my house and it's demise is not a mystery since I saw it happening. The high winds drove it into my chimney and it knocked itself out when it splattered against the brick work. Poor bird.
I got the ladder out and climbed up and got the bird. It was a robin.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#72279 Oct 14, 2012
DontCare wrote:
<quoted text>It's about ready to rain here.
It's windy and I keep THINKING it will rain, but there's none on the radar. What happened to the rain??

Location hidden

#72283 Oct 14, 2012
It's windy as all heck over my way. Leaves are blowing by the windows sideways. Very cloudy too, but I don't smell any rain in the air. There's a strange feel to the air though. I don't like "iffy" weather like this. Much rather that it just came a storm, then get it over with.

It'll probably wait until tonight when it's pitch black outside to come a rough one..
That always seems to be the way..
You can't see anything coming till it's on top of your house..

Gotta go for a while here. Everyone stay safe, chat later!

_-_Nope_-_
*Poof*

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#72284 Oct 14, 2012
Still channel 4 news is talking about storms. Why? There are a lot less clouds. Where is that rain?? Hmm...
Open

Winchester, KY

#72306 Oct 14, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
That was outstanding! Thanks for the link! I watched being afraid he'd pass out before he landed. Of course I'm sure the chute had an auto release, but still. Man, what courage...
where are you from Nope?
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#72310 Oct 14, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
No problem. Ya when he started spinning that would of not been good for me. Got out on the flst a while today, great time of year for a ride.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 38 min So_da_lish_us 23,939
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 43 min Neti Neti 173,014
A Trip To Stately Wayne Manor and Fisherman's W... (Jul '17) 1 hr translation 4,074
~*~ Last Post WINS ~*~ (Oct '11) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 5,619
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 2 hr Doobie Time 42,746
The Famous Name Game (Nov '12) 3 hr Doobie Time 2,121
Drug dealer called Spanky 3 hr Melissa 2

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages