Televised City Commission meetings

Televised City Commission meetings

Posted in the Richmond Forum

Richmond Voter

Richmond, KY

#1 Apr 9, 2013
What's with all the technical difficulties? Anyone else think it seems a little fishy?
citizen

Stanton, KY

#2 Apr 9, 2013
They are in the process of updating the equipment... Go to the meeting if you are so worried about it being fishy. And FYI the agenda is always posted online.
Hidden Truth

Winchester, KY

#3 Apr 9, 2013
This commission is an embarrassment. They are more worried about coffee pots than doing our business. I think some at city hall have created these "technical difficulties" to save their bosses from embarrassment.
Pay Attention

Lexington, KY

#4 Apr 11, 2013
If you had bothered to pay attention during the previous meetings you would have heard it announced several times that the equipment used to film the meetings was 15 years old and was going to be replaced. Not everything is a government coverup.
Funny

Tucker, GA

#5 Apr 11, 2013
This group is either stupid, corrupt, or both...my humble opinion.
Poor Richmond

Versailles, KY

#6 Apr 11, 2013
I say both
Funny wrote:
coach krupt

Louisville, KY

#7 Apr 11, 2013
small town "politicians" (using that term VERY loosely) are the worst.....dodgeball.....bombar dment!
Traffic Csar

Versailles, KY

#8 Apr 11, 2013
Funny wrote:
The first commissioner to come up with a viable/workable/affordable plan to do something about the atrocious traffic problem in and around Richmond will get my vote for the next time we elect a new Mayor, even if it's our current Mayor. The By-Pass in front of Kroger/Wal-Mart is awful, but I can understand that because of road construction in the area, but Downtown?? Can ANYONE help out there? Traffic light timing/sensors SUCK! The railroad crossing???? Been a major problem since the'70s. If one of you can figure out how to fix that(even though it's technically a state road in OUR CITY), you'll probably be elected Governor! At least get a study started. Quit having pissing matches about ball fields and at least try to alleviate the traffic problem. Luv 'ya, anyhow. Tired of ranting. Let's go to bed now. See 'ya in the morning.
citizen

Stanton, KY

#9 Apr 12, 2013
State road equals state issue. The mayor and city commission cannot control that. Call the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet District 7 Office. That is who controls the lights and traffic on state roads in Richmond. And as for the railroad, call CSX. See how far you can get with the appropriate channels.
the park

Lexington, KY

#10 Apr 12, 2013
but the ball fields are major issues!!!! you cant play football on a soccer field. and the soccer kids tear up the baseball field. and the baseball kids reek havic on the football fields. this is such a mess! i demand a fix! you don't want a swam of stay at home soccer moms running their mini vans up to city hall every day! i swear, we will hold bake sales on the steps every day!
Back to the future

Louisville, KY

#11 Apr 12, 2013
A couple of years ago, the commussion voted to turn a park into a RV Park. They did all the work then voted to turn the planned RV Park back to a walking park. It cost the city millions. Now the commission voted to have a softball park turned into a walking park $50000 to $75000 worth of demo done and now they want the walking park turned into a softball park at a cost higher than the $50000 to $75000 demo cost.

I thought Richmond was tired of the mindless and cruptness goverment. I suppose I was wrong.
Traffic Csar

Versailles, KY

#12 Apr 12, 2013
citizen wrote:
State road equals state issue. The mayor and city commission cannot control that. Call the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet District 7 Office. That is who controls the lights and traffic on state roads in Richmond. And as for the railroad, call CSX. See how far you can get with the appropriate channels.
SO? WTF! Let the commissioners, Mayor, Judge-Exec., Durhams, Worleys, Grants,(They seem to be the ones running the city/county) whoever, at least try to talk to someone to DISCUSS IT and see if some kind of solution can be formulated. Probably won't happen, but at least it feels good to bitch about it while I'm waiting for this what looks like so far a 100+ car coal train to get up Fort Estill Hill. Counted five engines pulling; probably two or more pushing. At least the graffiti on some of the carriers is something to look at.
why

United States

#13 Apr 13, 2013
Why do you all have to be so mean to each other? If somebody asks a questions then someone gives a smart ass answer on here. Is there no helpfulness or information on this community forum. HA!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Almost Amused What Will You Do If 1 hr Cornell Woolrich ... 279
The Unremarkable History of Edturd 2 hr Grift 2,628
106.3 from Middlesboro ky 3 hr Facts 12
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr -Christopher Jarvis 165,729
Johnny kaylor (May '11) 5 hr Someone who knows 12
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 5 hr Fungail 41,999
Madision co child services (Jan '13) 10 hr LMN23 67

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages